• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Playstation Meeting trailer: See the Future. Feb. 20th [Will Be Livestreamed]

Status
Not open for further replies.

iceatcs

If The Last Guardian doesn't show up I'll be disappointed. :<

Yeah. I'm really curious how Japanese developers going on with new hardware. They seem haven't done well this gen, some haven't reach high level or quicker as Western.

dcpc10

Neo Member
Anyone remember that game from E3 2009 called, "Agent"? What the hell happened to it? Just curious.

edit: Originally had 2007 but that was not when the title was announced, it was when rockstar confirmed they were working on an exclusive for the PS3.

Aw, thanks very much for the positive feedback on the video guys. I don't really make youtube videos, but this was a special occasion - born out of my love of gaming and GAF, so it's nice to hear good things.

Can't wait for PS4! 1 day!

Huggers

I've spent most of today putting together a video of select PS3 exclusives.

Originally this video was to include all major PS3 exclusives, however, half way through editing and after many hours I realised I was running out of time and the video was dragging. I wanted to get this video up as a source of extra hype for wednesday. So with that in mind, there are things missing. uncharted 3, Resistance sequels - stuff like that. I wanted this video to show the range and scope of Sony's exclusives this ten, and as it runs mostly in chronological order, you can see a step up in graphical fidelity over the years too.

Anyway, this is just for fun - so enjoy! All aboard...

PS3: THE EXCLUSIVES (2006-2013)

Awesome work man

Originally this video was to include all major PS3 exclusives, however, half way through editing and after many hours I realised I was running out of time and the video was dragging. I wanted to get this video up as a source of extra hype for wednesday. So with that in mind, there are things missing. uncharted 3, Resistance sequels - stuff like that. I wanted this video to show the range and scope of Sony's exclusives this ten, and as it runs mostly in chronological order, you can see a step up in graphical fidelity over the years too.

amazing video, what song is that at the beginning?

Irish

Just watched that exclusive compilation video. Man, Lair had potential.

It really did, which is why I personally don't believe the IP should be abandoned. All it really needed was a gameplay revamp, which is not unheard of. The conceptual stuff behind the game is pretty great. The battles were also a brilliant spectacle that you got to participate in.

spats

Yeah. I'm really curious how Japanese developers going on with new hardware. They seem haven't done well this gen, some haven't reach high level or quicker as Western.

Hold on just a minute, did you unkaz your avatar? The creepy Kaz version was awesome. :(

AngryMoth

Pretty sure that was 2010 or 2009. But maybe he's talking about The Agency.
They showed the logo at E3 2009. Geoff Keighly asks Jack Tretton about it in every interview and he always tells him to ask R* because he doesn't know anything. Definitely seems like vapourware, but I guess they don't have anything announced for next year yet so you never know

When i say Agent i am referring to the Rockstar PS3 exclusive game, which nothing has been said about since it was revealed at an E3 years ago.

Radec

Fantastic vid.

iceatcs

Hold on just a minute, did you unkaz your avatar? The creepy Kaz version was awesome. :(

Oh yeah, I think Neogaf new update made little funny with my account, somehow reverse my avatar. Special account I got, even I can edit my old post without "Last edited by"

Just UPDATE my avatar again! :p

tusken77

can someone kazify mine and resize it to maximum allowed avatar size pls? thanks (and maybe a small PS logo on the mushroom top lol)

Kazified.

mbL4JPR.jpg
VEVcEMi.png

I think Agent will be just like every other Rockstar game, long development process and was just announced much earlier than Rockstar games usually are (probably because Sony asked to) and regardless of whether its gone multiplatform or not it will hopefully resurface as a next-gen game.

Just 49 more hours :)
You guys think rockstargames might show something there? RDR2 or Agent?

No. I think UBI, EA, Square Enix, Konami (Kojima Productions) and maaaaaybe Activision if they feel like showing something on the new COD or a mention of Destiny. They'll be the only guys in attendance. Most stuff will be at E3, so these guys will just confirm they have PS4 stuff in the works.

My two cents.

That was Eight Days,Agent was announced at E3 2009.

Eight Days was never planned as a successor to The Getaway was it? ... It's a real shame nothing really ever came of the early PS3 Getaway concepts, although I suspect this is where PD sourced a lot of their assets for the London track in GT5.

Sid

Eight Days was never planned as a successor to The Getaway was it? ... It's a real shame nothing really ever came of the early PS3 Getaway concepts, although I suspect this is where PD sourced a lot of their assets for the London track in GT5.
Yeah, that was Getaway 3.

Pachimari

I wonder if Sony will release PSP/Vita Evolution videos or PS4 teaser videos the next 2 days.

Also, bring on The Last Guardian, Final Fantasy Versus XIII, Final Fantasy XIV: Online, Killzone 4, Destiny and PlayStation Home. Oh, and The Getaway.

spwolf

Just realized something, there is no chance that people will end up being happy with 20th :).

No matter what Sony does... am I right? These things always turn south after the end of the conference.

Was there any gaming conference by anyone where We collectively ended up being happy?

winstano

Just realized something, there is no chance that people will end up being happy with 20th :).

No matter what Sony does... am I right? These things always turn south after the end of the conference.

Was there any gaming conference by anyone where We collectively ended up being happy?

neogaf.gif

It'll always happen. You can't please all folks all the time!

Everyone has a different set of expectations. I'll be satisfied if they just show The Last Guardian running on the PS4; that's all I need to see. Anything else is a bonus.

Shayan

Banned

they are very confident going into next gen . I have no confusion in my mind that whatever they are showing for next gen will blow us away

After seeing KZ PSP , i can imagine what KZ4 would be like

neogaf.gif

It'll always happen. You can't please all folks all the time!

I'll just be happy to finally see something of next gen. I'm partial to Sony, so getting to see the new Playstation first is just an added bonus.

All I want from the conference -

- hardware reveal (system and controller shown)
- basic OS functionality
- future plans for online
- 1 or 2 games shown, that display the power of the new system

The rest (bulk of games, megaton announcements, price and launch date) can wait until E3.

I think you're right. There is a reason this is being held in NYC, its the media capital of the US. Sony want to get maximum media coverage from this and a lot of that won't be based on showing games like TLG. Expect plenty of social/services focus and games that might be a little bit more 'dudebro' than a lot of gaffers might like!

DemonNite

Konami E3 2010 - not gonna lie but that left me with a huge grin

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom