• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Playstation Meeting trailer: See the Future. Feb. 20th [Will Be Livestreamed]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hanmik

I dont get it. Who is this guy?

tumblr_lifji7rkLq1qc39w8.gif

a socalled "fitness trainer"

aganu

I will never talk about any source. It's too close to the event, my biggest fear is someone leaking everything :-/. Internally at Sony, people have never been more optimistic before a new cycle. That's it, I'm out of the thread. See you guys tomorrow when our worlds will change :).
tumblr_mi2apeCwtV1s5o3aso1_250.gif

See ya tomorrow, thuway.

Stuart444

If SE shows a tech demo I fully expect it to be the Agni one... sorry FFIX fans :(

The exact same one though? I mean they have shown it several times and have had several articles explaining the tech using the demo. Seems odd to show it yet again (though if it's being rendered fully on PS4 hardware then I guess it has a point but still seems odd to show the exact same video again)

Raide

I would not say I am a Sony hater but if they show something off I like, I will probably be getting one. I just hope people are not getting their hype up too high, since the ensuing backlash could have an horrific effect on GAF.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
I would not say I am a Sony hater but if they show something off I like, I will probably be getting one. I just hope people are not getting their hype up too high, since the ensuing backlash could have an horrific effect on GAF.

That's how it's supposed to work. Show you something you like, you get it.

DMB4237

Neo Member
1. PS4 name, basic specs, release date and form factor (the box).
2. First party demos, just a few. Leaving the rest for E3.
3. First party announcements, no demos.
4. Third party demos and announcements.
6. PS3/Vita news and price drops.
7. Game streaming announcement and maybe demo.

Not necessarily in that order.

Sony would be crazy to show a release date. Maybe a release window.

"PS4. Coming this holiday"

I will shed a tear when Wada says there are currently no plans for an FF9 remake. He's the worst.

you know what, I think we will get FF9 tech demo, with realistic body proportion for the character, no more chibi supere deformed style, people will hate how the guys look, while loving how Garnet, Beatrix, and Freya looks.

and maybe eiko for some people...

RyoonZ

Banned
you know what, I think we will get FF9 tech demo, with realistic body proportion for the character, no more chibi supere deformed style, people will hate how the guys look, while loving how Garnet, Beatrix, and Freya looks.

and maybe eiko for some people...

What about Quina?

Trying so hard to temper expectations (unsuccessfully, unfortunately).

It's been a while since a presentation really delivered. I was pumped for Nintendo last E3, which was a huge letdown.

I can't help it though, I'm excited.

AgentP

Thinks mods influence posters politics. Promoted to QAnon Editor.
Sony would be crazy to show a release date. Maybe a release window.

"PS4. Coming this holiday"

Ya, you are probably right. I don't know how certain they could be this far in advance.

Raide

That's how it's supposed to work. Show you something you like, you get it.

I have no idea what Sony can show to get me to buy one. More Killzone, God of War etc and it still won't move me. Really want to see something fresh from them. Saying that, slap some loot collecting and I will be all over it. :D

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
I have no idea what Sony can show to get me to buy one. More Killzone, God of War etc and it still won't move me. Really want to see something fresh from them. Saying that, slap some loot collecting and I will be all over it. :D

I dunno what they could show me either, really. I mean, that's part of the appeal - show me something that I didn't know I wanted, but after I see it, I NEED it. So we'll see. Oddly, I'm also really looking forward to gaf going insane, whether it's a great conference or a horrible one.

Nugg

We need to be more careful with the mockups coming from GAF. GAF -> Internet -> GAF.

Here, I made adjustments so no one steals it again.

A48NxrU.png

I'm thinking we'll get:

-Brief PS3 recap, latest sales data, recent and upcoming games reel.

-Vita recap, brief mention of how sales are "steady", recent and upcoming games reel.

-Gaikai (likely renamed) streaming app, play "select" PS3 titles on your Vita.

-After less than 10 minutes spent on this stuff, move into PS4 reveal.

-Killzone 4 as the first PS4 title shown to the public, pretty detailed gameplay demo shown on stage, paced so the dev playing can explain what it is about PS4 that makes the game look so mind-numbingly good.

-The Last Guardian PS4 announcement and trailer, with very brief gameplay demo.

-Sizzle reel of first-party games in development from Media Molecule, Sony Santa Monica, etc.

-The Gaikai service used on Vita will also be available on PS4, PS1 and PS2 discs will still be playable on the system but the PS3 library will all be streaming-only.

-Announcements (very brief CG trailers) and a couple tech demos from a few third party developers (Kojima?). One sort-of-major third party exclusive announcement, with trailer. (not a top tier existing franchise, but maybe a new IP from Ubi, EA, Activision)

-Release window details, but no pricing or softare confirmed yet. We'll wait for E3 for anything more, but expect more demos at GDC.

I do believe that Gaikai-like streaming will be a big, big push from Sony. PS4 won't be the only thing they consider "the future of PlayStation" and I think it will catch a lot of people off guard. I'm keeping my expectations in check aside from that...I think at best we will get one first party game shown in detail like Killzone, with 1 or 2 other pretty big game announcements that people may not be expecting. Other than that, probably just extremely brief looks at in-development titles in a sizzle reel.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
All I need is something that I can't get from a PC experience, so I'm hoping for more stat tracking and social backends and ways to connect with others. I'm not fussed about graphics or things coming 2 years on down the line, or even the Last Guardian. I want meaningful experiences I can't get on my PC or Durango.

I wish they'd remove the triggers and go back to DS2 L2/R2 buttons.

Agree 100%

Sorc3r3r

I'm hyped to see GG new IP.
If they pour the same artistic effort to create a cohesive vision as killzone....i'm going to melt.

Hope they show something, in the end i think 'im waiting only them XD.

Mr Cola

Brothas With Attitude / The Wrong Brotha to Fuck Wit / Die Brotha Die / Brothas in Paris
I think it will be called the PS Orb, just a hunch

Oppo

-Killzone 4 as the first PS4 title shown to the public, pretty detailed gameplay demo shown on stage, paced so the dev playing can explain what it is about PS4 that makes the game look so mind-numbingly good.

I don't think it'll be KZ4. I think it will be a new IP from Guerrilla.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
I don't think it'll be KZ4. I think it will be a new IP from Guerrilla.

I gotta have a new IP. KZ2 and 3 looked great, but weren't fun to play. So I'm set for a new IP instead of going back.

Somebody should draw a graph or some other hilarious visual representation of the emotional roller coaster that this thread has been.

Week 1 HYPE!!

Week 2 MORE HYPE!! KAZ GIFS for Everyone!

Week 3 "Ok we're all out of GIF ideas and exhausted, now what?" (boredom)

Week 4 "Oh man, what if they don't show much? This may be disappointing, I am worried...restrain your (hype) expectations everyone."

Hour before the Event: HYPE! HYPE! HYPE!! KAZ GIFS for Everyone!

Post Event: (Estimation) Meltdown, disappointments, some excitement.. ??? ...

Day after Event: Profit

Haunted

Alright, I've set my personal benchmark for the event tomorrow.

I've seen the Crysis 3 shots in the PC performance thread. That's a game out right now that I can play at playable-if-not-great framerates (~30fps) at 1080p on my 2-year old PC.

If you want to get me hyped about the next generation of consoles, you need to show me Orbis games looking better than that.

Raide

I dunno what they could show me either, really. I mean, that's part of the appeal - show me something that I didn't know I wanted, but after I see it, I NEED it. So we'll see. Oddly, I'm also really looking forward to gaf going insane, whether it's a great conference or a horrible one.

I know the 720 will be the same for me. Show me something good, I will buy it. I am pretty simple really. :D I like games so show me games I like. :p

I will watch the aftermath of the PS4 show. Just show me where to point my wallet.

onQ123

the new controler have move sensor built into it, they're gonna talk about move whether you like it or not. let's just hope the implementation is good and not too gimmicky

I like the Move Controllers.

this is what I said for Sony not to do

richard_simmons.jpg

nothing good can come of this Richard simmons is annoying as hell.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom