• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Playstation Meeting trailer: See the Future. Feb. 20th [Will Be Livestreamed]

Status
Not open for further replies.
I guess we will see.

Well, it might not be there, but it wouldn't make sense if it wasn't. That video sends two messages. They view themselves as making games for adults, and GT is the centerpiece of that. And they like putting a big spotlight on more experimental titles like Team ICO developed games.

TGO

Hype Train conductor. Works harder than it steams.
I'm keeping my expectations low, I know we gonna have loads of people making threads tomorrow because they've hyped themselves up unrealistically
I expect to see the console and some devs talk about their support for it and thats it

ToD_

I will have evening classes right as this starts. Nothing I can skip either - paper due for one and a test for the other. So sad.

I would be excited for all these people in New York if there wasn't the possibility they just show some engines on PS4 like showing Yakuza and MGS4 on Vita
How many hours till this?
I know the OPs are sometimes long and hard to read but come on man =p

Loudninja

Well, it might not be there, but it wouldn't make sense if it wasn't. That video sends two messages. They view themselves as making games for adults, and GT is the centerpiece of that. And they like putting a big spotlight on more experimental titles like Team ICO developed games.
Sure I understand that. :)

I say I would be surprise if GT6 shows up,but it would make sense.

Drencrom

How many hours till this?

t1361401200z1.png

nib95

Banned
Not sure why we should temper our expectations. The way Sony is hyping this, the stakes for the company as a whole, the fact this is the first glimpse of next generation hardware / software and the amount of press invited to the event... they are going to show some shit. Right now E3 is irrelevant. They'll have more games and info to show then. Tomorrow they have to show the world why we should still care about gaming specific consoles and the PlayStation brand.

They'd be foolish to just show some hardware, throw some graphs up and say "see you at E3."

What do you mean by the way Sony is hyping this? Some YouTube videos? Far as I can tell they're not the one's responsible for the hype, other people and media outlets are.

Gorillaz

Use the recent Vita Heaven thread as a reference. People were expecting Sony to show new Vita games at a Vita Heaven event that was created to announce bundles and a price drop. Unrealistic expectations. Use past console unveilings as a reference as well. It would behoove them to show some actual gameplay from some of their internal talent, but this isn't going to be some major blowout like people are expecting. GAF is almost setting itself up for disappointment. Again.

Home is interesting. No one ever really talks about that unless it's getting ridiculed, but it ended up being a pretty good money maker for Sony.

There was nothing hyped up or guarenteed for the vita event tho. It was announced literally hours before hand.

As I said before, all I'm expecting is hardware talk and 2-3 tech demos along with cloud service talks. Also Charts.

If people seriously think 15 million games will be on display at this thing then they are already going to be disappointed.

There was nothing hyped up or guarenteed for the vita event tho. I was announced literally hours before hand.

As I said before, all I'm expecting is hardware talk and 2-3 tech demos along with cloud service talks. Also Charts.

If people seriously think 15 million games will be on display at this thing then they are already going to be disappointed.

Read through the past couple of pages. People apparently think that Vs. 13 and The Last Guardian are shoe ins now.

I have faith that neoGAF will amuse me after this for months to come.

please Sony give me another:

599! moment. haha

so excited and frankly scared at what may or may NOT happen tomorrow evening

kaching

"GAF's biggest wanker"
Wow, that evolution of games is kind of ... terrible. Short shrifts a lot of games for the sake of extended GT sales backpat montage. Only direct mentions of other games were Ico, SotC, LBP and a few other PSN games...

R

Rösti

Unconfirmed Member
What happens if they don't show the PS4?

What happens?

GAF explodes like an nuclear bomb mushroom cloud essence of mass hysteria and bitchyness, engulfing, absorbing and eating itself away into nothingness.

Where GAF once stood will be an empty evaporated forum space akin to the radioactive, hollow and abandoned grounds of Chernobyl.

http://v.youku.com/v_show/id_XNTE2NDAwNzky.html

Here is the latest entry into the "Playstation Evolution" series of videos. It's password protected because the official channel hasn't published it yet. The password is "a9vg". This Chinese version is courtesy of the friend on a9vg.com who offered me a ticket to tomorrow's event; but I cannot make it due to classes. :'(

So glad Sony is aware that they make games that are experimental and not traditional. That they embrace that makes me excited to know that they will continue that for PS4. I always have a fear that they will forget

Into

The amount of emphasis on Gran Turismo in that video leads me to believe it will play a big role tomorrow. It is their biggest franchise but that much focus seems to be hinting at what is to come

TGO

Hype Train conductor. Works harder than it steams.
I'm actually surprised how tight lipped everthing has been, we do actually know nothing
Theres usually leaks galore.

^^ probably just the ideal game to represent the evolution

Gorillaz

Read through the past couple of pages. People apparently think that Vs. 13 and The Last Guardian are shoe ins now.

The only one of those 2 that is even possible is The Last Guardian. Thats due to the whole rumor of it being ported to ps4 for "awhile"

EVEN THEN,thats a stretch.

Rösti;47930615 said:
Which is why the Steam NeoGAF group chat (it has voice chat) will come very handy: http://steamcommunity.com/groups/neogaf

Though if there is any downtime I think it will be very short.

Also, I've been trying to put together a Spotify playlist for this event but it's rather difficult to find matching songs.

http://open.spotify.com/user/rösti/playlist/4ps5cOg2ywZUkrRKWxwVHg

Didn't know there was a Steam group for NeoGaf. Can I join somehow if I reach the specified qualifications.

darkwing

The amount of emphasis on Gran Turismo in that video leads me to believe it will play a big role tomorrow. It is their biggest franchise but that much focus seems to be hinting at what is to come

GT6 would be a megaton within a megaton tomorrow

JoshHood

To the people saying "temper your expectations", "look at past unveils", "not many games" - do you not remember the PS3 announcement? At one point there was 30 mins+ just of new game announcement trailers back to back - MotorStorm, Resistance, Heavy Rain, Killzone etc etc. By that point we'd already had a couple more detailed announcements too.

Plus we had a good dozen games at the Vita unveil too. I say: permission to hype.

Dusky

Indeed. I think it will definitely be used as a demo at least.

What I find intriguing though is that there is a big chance that they will show off 2 racing titles at the event, GT and Evo Studio's title.

wtf

are some of you really stalking JFK with your cameras ?

No, people are bringing over a meme from the wrestling thread that happens during Royal Rumble. People post random pictures of wrestlers arriving or leaving the airport as a joke that they're going to be one of the secret guest entries in the RR.

Always seems like car games can look really nice too, which should be a nice way for Sony to try and showcase the power of their hardware.

So, is SOCOM dead forever?

I mean, a real SOCOM game. I know they f'ed up the PS3 iterations, but I always feel that they should and could make a proper SOCOM game for next gen.

Planetside 2
Killzone 4
SOCOM sequel

I really think these three could be a great offering when it comes to shooters. Or is SOCOM really that dead of a franchise?

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member

I mean, a real SOCOM game. I know they f'ed up the PS3 iterations, but I always feel that they should and could make a proper SOCOM game for next gen.

Planetside 2
Killzone 4
SOCOM sequel

I really think these three could be a great offering when it comes to shooters. Or is SOCOM really that dead of a franchise?

Let me ask you this - if SOCOM came back, would you want to be friends with it? Or would it be better in the earth?

Keep it buried.

Jonm1010

Banned
Use the recent Vita Heaven thread as a reference. People were expecting Sony to show new Vita games at a Vita Heaven event that was created to announce bundles and a price drop. Unrealistic expectations. Use past console unveilings as a reference as well. It would behoove them to show some actual gameplay from some of their internal talent, but this isn't going to be some major blowout like people are expecting. GAF is almost setting itself up for disappointment. Again.

Home is interesting. No one ever really talks about that unless it's getting ridiculed, but it ended up being a pretty good money maker for Sony.
Eh I still maintain this is a perfect platform to build momentum the way Microsoft did with the 360.

First out the gate with their reveal, The spotlight focused exclusively on them, their own hope and tweets, the need to pre-empt Microsofts announcement, that the company as a whole is struggling and a strong showing here and quality media coverage can help ease some investors concerns that Sony may be a sinking ship. I think it's the perfect setup to maybe not completely unleash the floodgates, but at a minimum start drilling some sizable holes.

Not to mention the poster who is there and has inside info said most fans should be very happy by tomorrow. Which to implies quality reveals.

I expect a handful of games, a few tech demos, some selling on their mission statement with their new console and maybe some partnerships or exclusives announced. Building momentum for their release, pre-emptying microsofts inevitable announcement but also leaving enough surprises to continue that momentum through E3 til release.

waypoetic

Banned

Planetside 2
Killzone 4
SOCOM sequel

Zipper Interactive is dead, so, i you have your trust in some other dev - sure, it may come back some day.

Spongebob

Banned
I just hope they don't waste time talking about 10 year plans and sales of previous products. This should be a conference 100% dedicated to PS4.

Also, what does RSVP mean?

nib95

Banned
GT6 or GT6 Prologue at launch would seriously help shift units. Tbh, it's the least PD can do for Sony, since you could argue they lost Sony 10 million GT sales given that they released only 1 main iteration of the game on the PS3, instead of the 2 they did with the PS2.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom