• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Playstation Meeting trailer: See the Future. Feb. 20th [Will Be Livestreamed]

Status
Not open for further replies.
D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
Sorry... but who is he ?

gasp

nYm27rm.jpg

a man who is UNDEFEATED in MMA
a man who is an ANIMAL
a man who has 4 World Heavyweight Championship reigns
a man who has 3 World Tag Team Championship reigns
a man who has 2 WWE Championship reigns

THE ANIMAL DAVE BATISTA

ascii42

GT6 or GT6 Prologue at launch would seriously help shift units. Tbh, it's the least PD can do for Sony, since you could argue they lost Sony 10 million GT sales given that they released only 1 main iteration of the game on the PS3, instead of the 2 they did with the PS2.

Tough to say, since GT5 Prologue sold a crapload, which it wouldn't have done if it didn't take forever for GT5 to come out.

Perkel

Banned
GT6 or GT6 Prologue at launch would seriously help shift units. Tbh, it's the least PD can do for Sony, since you could argue they lost Sony 10 million GT sales given that they released only 1 main iteration of the game on the PS3, instead of the 2 they did with the PS2.

Polyphony this generation pushed almost 20mln coppies of software (GT5+GT5P+GTPSP)

TGO

Hype Train conductor. Works harder than it steams.
Thats what I mean, they obviously been working on something for the past what? 5 years
Maybe thats why a GT6 never came out for PS3 so they can have it ready for PS4

Wolfie5

If it's like the Vita reveal two years ago:
20-25minutes of talk (Stats, social stuff, connectivity, etc.)
Than PS4 reveal and the features it has including the new controller.
Game reel trailer
On-stage demo of 2-3 first party games that shows of the new features
Gaikai talk.
I am guessing a tech demo will be shown to showcase hardware power
Third parties will come on stage to show/announce games that are coming.
A list of other third parties will be shown that is expected/planned to have games in the future.
End conference

well they sold 5 to 6 millions copies of gt5:prolouge. they also sold many dlc packages and they formed a great communty with nissan gt academy and continous updates.

a gt hd 4k would be great.

nib95

Banned
Polyphony this generation pushed almost 20mln coppies of software (GT5+GT5P+GTPSP)

Still, they did more on the PS2, and could have done further still on the PS3 had they got out GT6 in time. They can recoup that on the PS4 if they get in GT6 and GT7.

Interfectum

Yeah ok, NOW the thread cycle is complete. God this place will be a mess after the show : /

You really think it's that crazy to think they'll have some top tier games to show on their brand new hardware (GT6, TLG)? I'm not saying Final Fantasy 7 remake will be there...

GT6 seems like a no-brainer and TLG has been rumored to be in PS4 development for quite some time.

If it's like the Vita reveal two years ago:
20-25minutes of talk (Stats, social stuff, connectivity, etc.)
Than PS4 reveal and the features it has including the new controller.
Game reel trailer
On-stage demo of 2-3 first party games that shows of the new features
Gaikai talk.
I am guessing a tech demo will be shown to showcase hardware power
Third parties will come on stage to show/announce games that are coming.
A list of other third parties will be shown that is expected/planned to have games in the future.
End conference

I think you are wishing for a lot. I think there will be a lot more teasing and "wait for E3" messages than anything.

Dreaver

Only 27 hours to go... I'm hyped! I am really interested to see what Sony will bring us, especially after the disappointing Xbox rumors.

I think we'll see some tech demo's, the controller, the console, some (not all) OS features, including some exciting ones. Perhaps a little bit of live gameplay from something like Destiny (would make sense). They'll tell that there studios are working on PS4 games and I wouldn't be surprised if we get a release date (or at least "coming in 2013!").

They'll save the big hitters (like Uncharted 4) for E3, with all the features, specific release date and price for E3.

At least that's what I think, but surprise me Sony!

R

Rösti

Unconfirmed Member
Didn't know there was a Steam group for NeoGaf. Can I join somehow if I reach the specified qualifications.
You are welcome to join as you long as you have a NeoGAF account. And that you obviously have.

Only 15 hours to go~. I'm hyped! I am really interested to see what Sony will bring us, especially after the disappointing Xbox rumors.

I think we'll see some tech demo's, the controller, the console, some (not all) OS features, including some exciting ones. Perhaps a little bit of live gameplay from something like Destiny (would make sense). They'll tell that there studios are working on PS4 games and I wouldn't be surprised if we get a release date (or at least "coming in 2013!").

They'll save the big hitters (like Uncharted 4) for E3, with all the features, specific release date and price for E3.

At least that's what I think, but surprise me Sony!

15? you need to add some more hours

So, is SOCOM dead forever?

I mean, a real SOCOM game. I know they f'ed up the PS3 iterations, but I always feel that they should and could make a proper SOCOM game for next gen.

Planetside 2
Killzone 4
SOCOM sequel

I really think these three could be a great offering when it comes to shooters. Or is SOCOM really that dead of a franchise?

Why don´t Sony call it shooter mcbang 4? No, not only shooters. I want to see something unique, and a new ip.

I'm gong to be real pissed if GT isn't there now. You don't make your entire Evolution of PS revolve around Gran Turismo and then not show the next entry at your console unveiling.

I was thinking about it last night. It´s by far their biggest IP. And since it´s at 9.5 million on the last software shipment update, will be eventually at 10 million, which makes me wonder if there any japanese IP that close to this this gen.

I say on the HD twins, i don´t think anything comes close to it. Second place must be Final Fantasy, but that sold what? 6-7 million?

Also, if you look at Sony´s first party, i believe only a handful of them sold over 5 million. GT5 doubles it.

No mention at all for such a huge and important IP would be silly. I know Yamauchi said they wanted to change their media approach, that they wouldn´t show too early like in the past, but since the game looks like a 2014 release, they could throw us a bone with a 2-3 minute trailer.

The_Monk

Oh man GT6 I can't even imagine.

jbf2fHj3LmsLEz.jpg

Ohhhhh mannnnnnnnn I'm not gonna make it

Yes. Oh yes. It would be a day one for me. It's one of those games I play to chill for hours. With that one and then one Multiplayer game (an FPS probably) and a Skyrim/The Witcher style I would be set for a long time.

I think you are wishing for a lot. I think there will be a lot more teasing and "wait for E3" messages than anything.

I don't think they're inviting so many people to attend and hyping this up so much on social media outlets just to tease for E3. For Sony, this is bigger than E3. We will see more games and release details at E3 but this is the BIG reveal. Sony hasn't hyped up a PlayStation Meeting like this before.

R

Rösti

Unconfirmed Member
Here's the information directly (from Public Interest Registry's Whois tool):

Domain ID:D167900052-LROR
Domain Name:pLAYSTATION-CLOUD.ORG
Created On:15-Feb-2013 22:34:34 UTC
Last Updated On:15-Feb-2013 22:34:36 UTC
Expiration Date:15-Feb-2014 22:34:34 UTC
Sponsoring Registrar:eNom, Inc. (R39-LROR)
Registrant ID:fb906d154db7790e
Registrant Name:Eddie Stecker
Registrant Organization:Gaikai Inc
Registrant Street1:65 Enterprise
Registrant Street2:
Registrant Street3:
Registrant City:AlisoViejo
Registrant State/Province:CA
Registrant Postal Code:92656
Registrant Country:US
Registrant Phone:+1.9493306850
Registrant Phone Ext.: