• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Playstation Meeting trailer: See the Future. Feb. 20th [Will Be Livestreamed]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Our Sony insider and gif god told us the event is roughly 105 minutes.

Sony is hyping games like crazy, saying yoga isn´t gaming, see what´s next, etc...

They invited 1200 people for the show.

Media outlets are going crazy with this.

They have the whole audience for themselves.

There´s no way (IMO) that they´re only showing a couple of games. Each thing i discover i´m more confident that they will show a lot of titles.

Saving up everything for E3 is so last gen. This is next gen. On next gen you can get the media attention whenever you promote a big time event.

It would be incredibly boring to have all this drama to show 95 minutes of blah-blah-blah and just 10 minutes for games. I´m expecting at least an even split, and 50 minutes is a ton of time to spend on games.
you are stetting yourself up for disappointment.

SykoTech

I wish GT was airing this on Spike. Would be easier to watch and post on GAF simultaneously, not to mention not have to worry about the stram crapping out.

Kyoufu

That was awesome, kevin butler section is really nice , i made this from his section

i68RVbP1IqOQm.gif

thank you for posting that

That was horrible. What a crap E3 that was. :(

lunlunqq

http://v.youku.com/v_show/id_XNTE2NDAwNzky.html

Here is the latest entry into the "Playstation Evolution" series of videos. It's password protected because the official channel hasn't published it yet. The password is "a9vg". This Chinese version is courtesy of the friend on a9vg.com who offered me a ticket to tomorrow's event; but I cannot make it due to classes. :'(

Sn4ke_911

If I ever post something in Japanese which I don't understand, please BAN me.

Here is the latest entry into the "Playstation Evolution" series of videos. It's password protected because the official channel hasn't published it yet. The password is "a9vg". This Chinese version is courtesy of the friend on a9vg.com who offered me a ticket to tomorrow's event; but I cannot make it due to classes. :'(

Those vids make me so excited.

But what will they talk about for 105 minutes if it isn´t mostly games?

Possibly vita and also ps4 stuff in general besides games like the hardware,controller,online,etc. i do expect games ,i just don't think it will be a blowout. Remember E3 is still yet to arrive and also they want to see what their competitors do.

Takuya

Banned

andycapps

Brad Shoemaker just confirmed on his twitter he has arrived in New York, and he is leaving Giant Bomb and going to work for Sony.

So that's who he left for.

If this event is really 105 minutes long, I expect the first 30 minutes to be sales charts. Then we'll get a bunch of specs about what it is. Then some concept videos or CG. Not much real content. Which is all okay for me, that's what these unveilings are for.

Everything that guy touches turns to shit. Good riddance.

What happened to that guy? I remember seeing tons of news stories about him all over a month ago. Then just a week ago i saw him on a bell tire commercial. I tried looking up on Wikipedia what happened to him but like usual not very good results.

Meh, I never really liked him all that much. I just liked the commercials which were funny back then.

I'm gong to be real pissed if GT isn't there now. You don't make your entire Evolution of PS revolve around Gran Turismo and then not show the next entry at your console unveiling.

Expectations should be tempered. I know people really, really want new hardware, but I would not expect enormous announcements out of this event. If they show maybe three games and detail the console I'll be happy. I am not expecting some sort of dog and pony show like E3.

Violater

Expectations should be tempered. I know people really, really want new hardware, but I would not expect enormous announcements out of this event. If they show maybe three games and detail the console I'll be happy. I am not expecting some sort of dog and pony show like E3.

But there might be actual dogs and ponies, this is Sony after all.

B.O.O.M

And now a poem...

Roses are red, Violets are blue
A PS4 reveal, it's finally come true,
Kaz on the stage, wearing the grin,
Almost makes me wish that he was my pimp.
With hands in the air and fingers to spare,
Mom, stop asking me to wash the dishes, I really don't care,
The conference is hype, my dream afloat,
Baby why not go in the kitchen and get me some toast,
Don't utter cause here comes Kevin Butler.

It's crazy and amazing, it is realit-ee,
I can't believe it, I really have to go and pee,
I don't so I keep on watching, OMG, there's GT, stop talking!
I drool and cherish every moment while Kratos kills men,
Look who comes up on stage, it's Jack Tretton,
I cry I live I die in just the first half,
And then I share the whole experience on NEOGAF.

Finally I go on GT to watch Geoff Keighly,
With a bag of Doritos on my Knee.
I ponder and wonder what's to become.
Oh yes, its over and done, because PS4 is here son.

Lol, I have no idea what I just wrote as I had to type it fast.

There once was a man named Hirai,
To whom SCE had to say 'Goodbye!'
tomorrow he'll give us a taster,
By screaming 'Riiiiiidge Racer!',
Of how the next gen will make us cry.

Jack Tretton will take to the stage,
With his voice the sound of Beige,
The audience will boo,
He's terrible, it's true,
But, oh god, here comes David Cage.

We'll learn all about narratives,
With cycborgs drinking aperitifs,
The gameplay will blow,
Though the graphics will glow,
Ellen Page's performance lauded with superlatives.

These predictions could be neater,
We'll likely just see some betas,
But it could be worse,
To help it out of its hearse,
They could be re-launching the Vita!

The 20th of February
Will be a day of bliss
Come one , come all
For this you don't want to miss

Sony will be in the limelight
They will deliver unto us
Magic so wonderful
In Kaz Hirai we trust

There it glimmers
In all it's GDDR5 glory
The holy grail of gaming
Now begins the PS4 story

haha this is good stuff guys

amazing. This is why I love PS

Sid

Now there's no fucking way that Sony gets away tomorrow without showing GT6.

Interfectum

Not sure why we should temper our expectations. The way Sony is hyping this, the stakes for the company as a whole, the fact this is the first glimpse of next generation hardware / software and the amount of press invited to the event... they are going to show some shit. Right now E3 is irrelevant. They'll have more games and info to show then. Tomorrow they have to show the world why we should still care about gaming specific consoles and the PlayStation brand.

They'd be foolish to just show some hardware, throw some graphs up and say "see you at E3."

Damn, I'm loving these videos. Sony has been showing that they really care about just the GAMES and appealing to a more mature audience. It's really nice... I'm glad they arent going around with cute ads stating, "The whole family is always connected! And Playstation is not just a gaming machine, but a media platform! FUN FOR ALL!".

They really have the potential to dominate this gen amongst the core gamers... Microsoft seems like they are fine going after the casuals/families along w/ Nintendo.

What happens if they don't show the PS4?

What happens?

Rumor is they are just announcing that HOME is finally out of Beta and showing the new additions to HOME. That's why it's being shown exclusively on HOME, it only makes sense...

kikonawa

Sony will walk up, grab the mic, "Playstation Home is out of beta"...drops mic, walks away, lights dim, show is over.

love this comment on youtube

I like the part where they mention Grammy winning soundtracks accompanied by something in the background that sounds like a rejected Killer Instinct track

Not sure why we should temper our expectations. The way Sony is hyping this, the stakes for the company as a whole, the fact this is the first glimpse of next generation hardware / software and the amount of press invited to the event... they are going to show some shit. Right now E3 is irrelevant. They'll have more games and info to show then. Tomorrow they have to show the world why we should still care about gaming specific consoles and the PlayStation brand.

They'd be foolish to just show some hardware, throw some graphs up and say "see you at E3."

Use the recent Vita Heaven thread as a reference. People were expecting Sony to show new Vita games at a Vita Heaven event that was created to announce bundles and a price drop. Unrealistic expectations. Use past console unveilings as a reference as well. It would behoove them to show some actual gameplay from some of their internal talent, but this isn't going to be some major blowout like people are expecting. GAF is almost setting itself up for disappointment. Again.

Home is interesting. No one ever really talks about that unless it's getting ridiculed, but it ended up being a pretty good money maker for Sony.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom