• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Playstation Meeting trailer: See the Future. Feb. 20th [Will Be Livestreamed]

Status
Not open for further replies.
LOOK WHO JUST ARRIVED IN NEW YORK

1T8xk32.jpg

OH FUCK

wtf sony isn't kidding lol.

Kintaco

I still don't see the point. If you're in the "spoiler free" thread, you'll be seeing everyone's reactions to the stream? "Oh my God they're showing the Last Guardian, PS4 exclusive!!" could be in that thread.

What's the difference in hearing about it that way and logging onto GAF and seeing a topic about it?

The thread is "spoiler free". You subscribe to it, and only go to your subscribe threads avoiding any Neogaf spoilers. Get the link to the video and watch the video. Not really hard to understand.

Chris R

Are we going to get a new thread for the actual conference? For some reason I don't think there will be an issue going over 20k posts while the livestream is going on.

artist

Banned
27.5 hrs to go! I'm leaving work early tomorrow, hopefully I can get in by the time the pre-show starts. Hopefully I'm luck with the rush hour traffic.
I guess those people are disgruntled members that he banned. I remembered there are few members that felt their banned was not justified so they held on grudge for Amirox.
Or maybe he really sucks? Remember his meltdown in the FF announcement (for 360) thread, where he said "PS3 is OVERZ"

Gonna be watching the reveal on the big screen in my living room, but I need to have a sweet meal to go with it! What are you guys gonna be eating other than delicious Doritos brand potato chips and Mountain Dew artificially flavoured soda liquid concoction?

Figboy79

Aftershock LA
Yours is too, I love Media Molecule to death! I bought a PS3 to play LittleBigPlanet and I'm planning on getting a Vita to play Tearaway.

I really hope they show up and unveil a new PS4 IP tomorrow!

If you love LBP, then I can't suggest LBP Vita enough. It is, hands down, the best LBP game of the bunch, and I love them all. Tearaway looks awesome as well!

spats

Gonna be watching the reveal on the big screen in my living room, but I need to have a sweet meal to go with it! What are you guys gonna be eating other than delicious Doritos brand potato chips and Mountain Dew artificially flavoured soda liquid concoction?

I'm gonna bake a Kaz cake and sprinkle Doritos crumbs on it.

verbum

Well, Sony has built up expectations. Hope they can deliver.

From Jacob Lopez at Venture Beat, a nice summary of what to expect:

At this point, Sony has made too much noise over whatever’s going on to reveal anything less than a new console. In fact, it will be a bigger surprise if Sony doesn’t announce the PS4.

If current-generation trends are anything to go by, Sony will release more than one configuration. We can expect at least two SKUs, maybe more. Each model will come with a different hard drive capacity across multiple pricing tiers.

Having a release window at this event is important. It’s the signal for gamers to start saving their money, and it gives them a part of the year to look forward to. It also puts Microsoft at a slight competitive disadvantage because now Sony has a new console and approximate release month. Sony is probably not ready to provide a specific release date. It’s too early, and the company has to reserve some important details for E3. Sony may also want to hold back a bit and see what Microsoft does.

According to rumors, the PS4 will have to have totally reworked controller. The photo above is allegedly a prototype, and it has reportedly been confirmed as such by multiple sources at various websites. If real, it has a touch panel and a light on the top that appears to give the controller PlayStation Move functionality. Sony will probably detail the controller along with a few early gameplay demos highlighting its new features.

Media Molecule, the maker of LittleBigPlanet, is teasing an unnamed game on its website. Two employees at Motorstorm developer Evolution Studios recently Tweeted something about the event, and game designer Fumito Ueda recently confirmed that The Last Guardian is still in development. The curious timing of these is a fair enough hint that they’re related to the new console.

Sony will probably give a general overview of online plans and services for the PlayStation 4. Expect talk about the PlayStation Network (PSN) and any added functionality. Regardless, this event is about the PlayStation 4, so don’t expect extensive details about online capabilities.

Price

I’m counting on Sony saving this for E3. The company wants to keep some of those important details a secret until June. It may even use the reaction and overall hype to gauge consumer interest as it decides a price point. I don’t know if that’s a common strategy, but Nintendo did something similar with the 3DS.

Third-party games

Any third-party game announcements will probably be under wraps until later this year. Wednesday will be all about Sony. This will also make some room for those games to grab some attention during E3. Don’t expect third-party games this week. This is just an educated guess based on past press conferences.

http://venturebeat.com/2013/02/19/sony-feb20-ps4-predictions/

Media Molecule, the maker of LittleBigPlanet, is teasing an unnamed game on its website. Two employees at Motorstorm developer Evolution Studios recently Tweeted something about the event, and game designer Fumito Ueda recently confirmed that The Last Guardian is still in development. The curious timing of these is a fair enough hint that they’re related to the new console.

God, I hope these 3 don't take up the majority of games that will be shown. Nothing against the devs or their games, but I'm not interested in any of these studios one bit :(

Our Sony insider and gif god told us the event is roughly 105 minutes.

Sony is hyping games like crazy, saying yoga isn´t gaming, see what´s next, etc...

They invited 1200 people for the show.

Media outlets are going crazy with this.

They have the whole audience for themselves.

There´s no way (IMO) that they´re only showing a couple of games. Each thing i discover i´m more confident that they will show a lot of titles.

Saving up everything for E3 is so last gen. This is next gen. On next gen you can get the media attention whenever you promote a big time event.

It would be incredibly boring to have all this drama to show 95 minutes of blah-blah-blah and just 10 minutes for games. I´m expecting at least an even split, and 50 minutes is a ton of time to spend on games.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom