• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Playstation Meeting trailer: See the Future. Feb. 20th [Will Be Livestreamed]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Liamario

Banned
ibcUynCutGtfED.gif

There is no way that explosion could be done on current gen in an open world game.

Balb

Nintendo new console hype was just as crazy, but not just because of a new console coming - the idea of a screen on a pad and other weird Nintendo'ish stuff makes people go mad :lol

But I love the Sony hypetrain so far - a lot of amazing gifs and Photoshops; I'm certain the Microsoft hype train won't be as good, there isn't even one Microsoft guy as charming as Kaz or Iwata in my opinion

3 months ago most people wouldn't have said Kaz is "charming." Opinions change all the time.

Drencrom

Wait what? The conference is 4 hours long?! I was hoping for 1 max 2 hours :/ I can't stay up to 04:00 am ain't nobody got time for that.

No, it's not. That was a cocktail party yesterday. The Meeting will be around 105 minutes according to a gaffer.

There is no way that explosion could be done on current gen in an open world game.

They could just script the fuck out of it as you enter the area. When you add in that plus all the lifeless traffic cones you bump into it, I've still got my sensors set fully to "dubious".

Been fooled by those guys too many times.

ekim

I'm feeling like a kid on christmas eve. What's even better than the event itself, is the fact that afterwards devs can start marketing their next gen titles.

I don't want no fucking leaks. The show is 11 hours away, KEEP IT UNDER WRAPS "JOURNALISTS"!

It is now 10:07pm in Australia.

I'm convinced the second I go to bed the leaks will come and shit will get crazy. I'll wake up then and it'll pretty much all be over.

So should I go to bed for Gaf or stay up?

I'm up, it's 11am here in the UK. The conference at 11pm, 11 hours to go until the pre-show at 10pm.

Think I'll settle down for the day with some Ni No Kuni and idle gaf banter. Taking it easy today.

Arucardo

Decided I'll stay up for this tonight (starts at 1am here :S), who needs sleep anyway :p. Only got 4 hours of classes tomorrow so I think I'll manage.

dancmc

I don't want no fucking leaks. The show is 11 hours away, KEEP IT UNDER WRAPS "JOURNALISTS"!
Sorry, not advocating for leaks, I was just surprised we didn't get many so far save for the controller shot and rumored features/specs. I would have thought we would hae seen something more official by now.

How much do you guys predict yourself rating the event at the end of the day? I predict I'll give it a 4/10, I don't expect anything shown tomorrow that'll blow my mind or convince me to get the PS4 ASAP. And that those expecting to be blown away are setting themselves up to be disappointed.

Arucardo

How much do you guys predict yourself rating the event at the end of the day? I predict I'll give it a 4/10, I don't expect anything shown tomorrow that'll blow my mind or convince me to get the PS4 ASAP. And that those expecting to be blown away are setting themselves up to be disappointed.

I'm with you for the most part, setting my expectations fairly low for this one.

7/10, I generally need two games that I MUST PLAY to make me buy a system near or at launch, so my bar is pretty low.

Really wish I didn't have Uni today AND have to work on an essay... It's going to kill my hype. I just want to shrug off work, light up a few smokes and play some Ni No Kuni throughout the day, and then some MVC3 later when a couple of my mates come round to watch the conference.

But no. The library beckons.

: (

ekim

Well I'm not interested in the things most people here on GAF are. (TLG, Versus)
I just want to see some real ingame stuff to get an idea how next-gen looks like and if it matches my expectations (Watch_Dogs, 1313, UE4 demo).
If this is the case I would give it a 6/10
If they show some cool new IP(s) and the GFX are even better than my expectations I would go up to 9/10.

A perfect 10 for me would be :
- Agent or RDR2 shown
- New mature IP like Heavy Rain (keep calm, guys)
- graphics on Agni's P. level
- GT6
- some VR stuff shown
- off tv play in local network for all games on iPad (or at least vita)

Busty

Banned
I was shocked to watching the Arsenal/Bayern Champion's League game last night to see the Sony ads at the side of the pitch were promoting the event tonight.

It seems as though they are really going all out for this.

Would be good that a KZ4 pic leaked with the same helgast in the same corridor, the same gun blaze and shadow...a little before the conference, like happened with the image leaked before E3 2007.

That brings back memories. An awesome piece of shared GAF history.

I seem to remember that a poster 'in the know' uploaded the picture (or was it posted in USA Today or something) with the file name 'KZ2 will shock you'.

I forget the specifics but it was very cool all the same.

Really wish I didn't have Uni today AND have to work on an essay... It's going to kill my hype. I just want to shrug off work, light up a few smokes and play some Ni No Kuni throughout the day, and then some MVC3 later when a couple of my mates come round to watch the conference.

But no. The library beckons.

: (

I know the feeling. I've had a month of opens at the pub i work out and one of the few nights i have to close the place this event is happening.

SmokedMeat

Gamer™

I'm excited, but definitely not getting my hopes up. Going in without high expectations is the way to go.

GribbleGrunger

Dreams in Digital
Out of all those streaming sites, does anyone know if there is at least one that hasn't got live texting or perhaps a feature to turn it off

Decided I'll stay up for this tonight (starts at 1am here :S), who needs sleep anyway :p. Only got 4 hours of classes tomorrow so I think I'll manage.

Lucky you!! I'm int he same timezone but I gotta get up early tomorrow, take the kids to school and then work.

This sucks :(

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom