• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PlayStation Network Thread | April 2015

Man God

Non-Canon Member
The 3D on Shovel Knight is in the top five of the entire system. Wonderfully implemented. Xenoblade 3DS is also the next big game on my radar. Glad I didn't replay it for a fourth time last year.

v1perz53

I've got the game on all available platforms right now and will say that the 3DS is the best fit for it because the game uses 3D wonderfully. If you don't care about that/can't see it then it's still a great version. Going to get it on Vita one day too, though I don't care a single bit about Kratos.

I actually had to play through on Wii U originally because the 3D made me nauseous, but it was because of playing it on an old 3DS XL. Tried it recently on a n3DS XL and it was so much better, and really well done. Definitely awesome use of 3D once it stopped making me sick because it was cutting in and out. But be careful on the older models if you are at all prone to motion sickness.

Man Nintendo needs to step up their cross buy game...

The 3D on Shovel Knight is in the top five of the entire system. Wonderfully implemented. Xenoblade 3DS is also the next big game on my radar. Glad I didn't replay it for a fourth time last year.
I still haven't played it even once. Needless to ask, but am I in for a treat or what? Aha.

Man God

Non-Canon Member
I still haven't played it even once. Needless to ask, but am I in for a treat or what? Aha.

The single best JRPG released last generation. It's the first time a Xeno game actually came off without a hitch. The dub is excellent (no choice this time for importers though, they cut the Japanese track for size reasons) the combat is MMO ish, with very smart AI (except for one character that it just can't figure out how to use) The most impressive thing about the game is the scope. If you can see it, you can probably reach it.

The single best JRPG released last generation. It's the first time a Xeno game actually came off without a hitch. The dub is excellent (no choice this time for importers though, they cut the Japanese track for size reasons) the combat is MMO ish, with very smart AI (except for one character that it just can't figure out how to use) The most impressive thing about the game is the scope. If you can see it, you can probably reach it.
Hmmmmm. All of these hit the right points for me. So happy my coast is clear for the next while in terms of purchases, I'll be able to play it without worrying about how long I have to beat it. I've been meaning to play this game for sooo long.

kevin1025

Banned
Never read the announcement threads. We could get Rime, The Last Guardian, Halo 5 and Super Mario Universe and the thread would be full of bitching. It's a universal constant. Read the list of games and abort.

Pretty much what I'm going to do now! But that list you made has too many platformers, so...

I couldn't help myself.

Also, I promised myself I'd stop buying games I already own...but Shovel Knight is hard to pass up. I didn't get far on PC, that's what I keep telling myself.

v1perz53

I am a little upset that Xenoblade 3D doesn't come with jap voices, but I definitely understand why because of the size. I am very critical of dubs in general (I'm the person that wished P4G came with jap audio, and most people say that is an excellent dub). For me, I can always tell when something in english sounds silly, or overacted, or the VA is phoning it in. But I don't speak japanese, so I can't tell when the VAs are doing a bad or cheesy job. That said, Xenoblade did have a quite solid dub.

Wonder what I should pick up this month. Will have some extra birthday money, but this will also be my busiest month at school (got my USMLE Step 1 medical licensing exam on May 6th, fun stuff). Definitely Titan Souls, not sure what else. Probably get Dark Souls 2 PS4 edition because I am a terrible person (already own it on both PS3 and PC) and play through again, never finished the last DLC.

Man God

Non-Canon Member
If there is any game worth buying multiple times, it's Shovel Knight. I normally hate doing it but I'll get it on Vita when the price is right!

Maid

Banned
Never read the announcement threads. We could get Rime, The Last Guardian, Halo 5 and Super Mario Universe and the thread would be full of bitching. It's a universal constant. Read the list of games and abort.

Actually, if we manage to get The Last Guardian I think no one would bother to bitch, lol. It would become a hype thread.

But the announcement thread has no other purpose except announcing the news and let people bitch about it, to be honest, so that would be expected.

Look like this month is safe for my wallet. Only Omega Quintet.

v1perz53

If there is any game worth buying multiple times, it's Shovel Knight. I normally hate doing it but I'll get it on Vita when the price is right!

Totally agree, I own it on 3DS and Wii U and I'm gonna grab it on Vita as well. Not sure if I will wait for a sale or just get it at launch to support the devs. I cannot wait to play Shovel Knight on the Vita D-pad.

AsfaeksBR

Just got an e-mail from Sony about Powers, and this was written:

Sony said:
This email was sent to you because you are a valued Sony Entertainment Network member.

Do they mean it, or is it an April Fool's joke?

Zephyx

No games for me this month, which is fine since I'm taking my time finishing Oreshika. Might pick up Mighty No. 9 if impressions are good. :) Too bad I missed Syphon Filter on the last flash sale as I need to scratch a TPS/stealth itch on my Vita.

TomShoe

Banned
Uuggh I want a Vita, but my PS4 backlog is only getting worse.

Just picked up AC Unity @ Best Buy today, $16 is a price I couldn't say no to.

Maid

Banned
Just got an e-mail from Sony about Powers, and this was written:

Do they mean it, or is it an April Fool's joke?

I got it from last month, too. I guess they actually mean it. Funnily I got that mail right after claiming a bunch of free games.

Reset

So I'm on Chapter 7 of Neptunia Rebirth, and if I could describe the game in one word it would be cheap. I think the only reason I got so far is because of the DLC character. :|
I didn't have high hopes for this game going in, but the game still ended up being disappointing.

Koeta

Anybody else copy video files you take on your ps4 to the pc to edit them finding that half the time the video files have issues converting?

I got 5 minute clips and all the apps I try to edit them with end up only showing 3~ minutes or some other sort of issue like that.

pariah164

Missed the wall of shame. Not that it matters or anything

;_;

Back on topic, downloading the Oreshika demo was a terrible mistake.

Nothing much for this month, guess my wallet will recover from my March purchases.

Loving Rage Burst, Oreshika and Bloodborne. Type-0 is a steaming pile of poo and I feel betrayed by the gaffers that set it up to be the next coming of chrisrt.

Kinda glad this garbage didn't launch on the Vita lol

Damascus Gear is a simple game where you can accomplish bite-size missions in just a few minutes. Everything is where you would expect it: equip parts, buy things, go on missions. You keep your loot even if you fail a mission.

It's the very straightforward kind of game where you take a bite at a time, and soon enough you're done.

Nudull

Banned
So, I'm gonna be getting a PS4 sometime this week or so. I'm already considering REmake, MKX and FF Type-0, but what else should I pick up?

I've been on a horror kick lately, but I'm also into RPGs, puzzles, platformers and point-and-click adventures.

Parakeetman

No one wants a throne you've been sitting on!
Nothing much for this month, guess my wallet will recover from my March purchases.

Loving Rage Burst, Oreshika and Bloodborne. Type-0 is a steaming pile of poo and I feel betrayed by the gaffers that set it up to be the next coming of chrisrt.

Kinda glad this garbage didn't launch on the Vita lol

Not sure what people expected when its a port of a PSP title that came out ages ago. lol

yaffi

Subscribed!

I really need to quit FF14 for while to have more time playing on my Vita.

Also man, I want a PS4, but I wouldn't even have the time to use it...

jzbluz

Yay! Oreshika!
Is this an April fool's joke?

Nothing for me this month. Bastion looks interesting, but I'm only buying it for the vita.

eFKac

So, I'm gonna be getting a PS4 sometime this week or so. I'm already considering REmake, MKX and FF Type-0, but what else should I pick up?

I've been on a horror kick lately, but I'm also into RPGs, puzzles, platformers and point-and-click adventures.

Just going by the genres and critical acclaim (haven't played all of those games), look into:

The Last of Us Remastered
The Evil Within
The Order 1886
P.T.
Outlast
Dragon Age Inquisition
Bloodborne
Lords of the Fallen
The Swapper
Fez
Trine Bundle
Oddworld New N'Tasty
Rayman Legends
Grim Fandango Remastered

Also a couple of games releasing this month that should be up your alley.

kudoboi

damn.. nothing to get on ps4 this month. guess ill just buy the last of us and some older games.

still waiting for heavy rain and beyond two souls to be announced for PS4.

Shun

Any updates on the Vita versions of Yatagarasu and Skull Girls?

Also I just got one of these, it's super useful to carry and store my carts in. 24 Carts/Memory Cards in a nice pink color to go with my light pink Vita.

VITAGAMECASEPINK1_zps42ee418d.jpg

deadfolk

Xenoblade 3DS is also the next big game on my radar. Glad I didn't replay it for a fourth time last year.

Is it really that good? I'm trying to convince myself I don't need it yet as I have too many epic games running at the moment, but if I'm not careful I'll get caught up in the hype.

...I'm the person that wished P4G came with jap audio...

You're not the only one. I may be burned at the stake for this, but I actually turned the voices down to zero and treated it like a VN. It's just a shame it didn't remove them entirely. I mostly forgot there was VA at all. I'm sure it was fine as far as dubs go, but for some reason dubs always sound awful to me. I don't know if it's that the dialog isn't suited to English or what, but every time they just sound like the awful anime dubs of the 80s/90s to me.

Come to think of it, I may have to check out some videos of Xenoblade to see if I can hear the dub. There was a Dragon Quest game on PS2 (VIII, I think) that had voices so bad I couldn't play it.

Don't know what else this month. Meoro Chronicle sounds interesting. Possibly Ultimax. I'm sure I'm forgetting something else, but I really need to save up for a SSD for my PC.

Lastly, looks like I made the Wall of Shame for the first time. Er...hooray?

Takao

Banned
Run Sackboy Run is very fun, just spent an hour playing it without noticing the time go by.

I appreciate the fact that it's native res but is it just me, or does the frame rate occasionally take a dive? Wish it had button/back touch control as well. Jetpack Joyride has spoiled me on what an infinite runner on Vita should be.

Broken Age at the end of the month, really looking forward to that. The more classic style adventure goodness that makes it to the PS4, the better.

2+2=5

The Amiga Brotherhood
Since i dusted off and plugged the PS3 i decided to download a pair of PS+ games, yesterday i tried Sherlock Holmes Crime and Punishment and holy screen tearing badman!
I'm not one of those who complains about frame rates, screen tearing, loadings etc because i can usually deal with them, but damn in SH:C&P they are almost unbearable! What the hell!

Top Bottom