• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PlayStation Network Thread | April 2015

autoduelist

No idea as I dont use remoteplay. But all this time for PS1 classics L2 / R2 has been the rear touchpad. Which in games like Kings Field / Shadow Tower do not work well at all.

Start PS1 game, hold down PSbutton, click settings near the top, and remap to your hearts content -- you can move whatever you want to the front touch screen corners, or to the dpad or right analog stick, etc.

I'm pretty sure this has always been the case... if you don't like the back touchpad, definitely don't use it.

Would be nice if the changes actually meant that they are getting a final vita version ready which will ditch that shit idea of the rear touch pad and include L2 / R2 on there. So the only thing you would need to screw with a front screen for is L3 R3. Analog sticks are too small to include an actual physical feature without putting the hardware reliability at risk. Unless they went and increased the size of the sticks a bit more. Would be a bit of a problem for controls that require movement + holding L3 or R3.

My dream Vita 'remaster':
1) All triggers, as you say.
2) Upgrade the performance -- not for future vita games (all vita games should be forced to stay to current specs for compatibility, though perhaps fps might improve in some cases)... but instead, make it powerful enough to run PS2 classics.
3) Make any improvements to wifi and remote play that they've researched since the original design and are feasible.
4) Personally I'd go all out and make it have a bigger screen too, since it's already lost pocket functionality with #1 (who puts a vita in their pocket anyway?) but that might just be my old eyes.

Maybe I'm way off base, but I really think a device that could handle ps2 Classics would move a considerable amount of hardware. Heck, in crazy-never-going-to-happen-land (as if #1, #2, #3 and #4 aren't already), they could even release a small cdplayer sized device you could hook up via usb or custom wired solution to play ps2 discs.

If they released something like this during 2015 i think they'd have a chance at moving vitas. Add in the pstv, which at least seems to be doing slightly better at its new price point, and... maybe, just maybe, we'd see the install base grow enough for a resurgence.

but unfortunately, pretty much zero chance.

Even if a Vita custom built for remote play and ps2 classics sounds like a dream come true to me.

Ys I. You can play it on Vita via Ys I & II Chronicles (PSP)

thank you.

EDIT -- recommendations --- Oreshika has been holding my attention. Bloodborne is worth buying a PS4 for if you're a Souls fan. Txk!

Shizuka

I got back to Freedom Wars two days ago and I feel like I'm gaining traction, I might actually finish it this time around.

Shizuka

hellz yeah, just in time for FW2 announcement

image.php
image.php

Nintendo Direct and the hype around it make me wish we had something similar on the Sony side. Sure, PS+ updates are nice and all, but it isn't the same.

Nowhere near the same, not to mention that even if Sony did one, it'd be all PS4 and that'd be boring.
Aye lol. Nintendo might do some questionable things, but I feel like the Direct is one of the greatest ideas ever. For me personally they always manage to deliver, even if only one game. This last one particularly was pretty good actually.

bobohoro

Aye lol. Nintendo might do some questionable things, but I feel like the Direct is one of the greatest ideas ever. For me personally they always manage to deliver, even if only one game. This last one particularly was pretty good actually.

Same, I've never missed one in the past year since they are just very entertaining, and although they don't always deliver, they surprise more often than not. Which is quite amazing in this industry, what with all the leaks and major announcements many years in advance.
The whole trailer for SMTxFE is a prime example. It certainly wasn't a totally positive surprise for everyone - I'm still scratching my head a bit but remain hopeful - but I'm pretty sure it got a reaction out of most people.
I'm sceptical if Sony would manage a similar showing with the same amount of charme and positive buzz.

And it seems like I'll have to get my next Plus sub for the normal price. Sales were really rare here in the last year. :/

Oh well, leaves me enough funds for Ayesha+, I could use some Atelier again.

Nudull

Banned
I love PSN/Vita GAF. You guys are the most chill people I know. :)

I wish I had more to spend on my Vita. I've just been playing PSP (Star Wars Battlefront II, Mortal Kombat Unchained) and PS1 (Dino Crisis, Suikoden II, Wild Arms) games and I'm trying to save up for when my brother and I get our PS4 this week.

SerTapTap

Ugh, so apparently on PS4 they can block screenshots from specific games from being uploaded to external services, as if Twitter gave a fuck about them being prudes. Estival Versus is blocked as of the latest update. Means no broadcasting, which is also bullshit but understandable, but for Twitter all it means is you have to put it on a USB drive and post it elsewhere. Does nothing but make it more annoying. Glad I have a capture card so it doesn't restrict me that much, but it's still super stupid.

Nudull

Banned
And they managed to not talk about any Vita exclusive with OreShika playable on the floor in like, what, 15 minutes? Better push those multiplat indies and ps1 games.

To be fair, there are plenty of good indie games out there. I'm also very thankful for portable and downloadable PS1 games, as someone who didn't have access to certain games like Suikoden back then.

Prelude.

To be fair, there are plenty of good indie games out there. I'm also very thankful for portable and downloadable PS1 games, as someone who didn't have access to certain games like Suikoden back then.
And that's the best way to prove that "We totally love the Vita, you guys. Now shut up a little bit."? Maybe, just maybe, you should show Vita games, especially your first party stuff.
OreShika was completely absent and FW got like literally 2 to 3 seconds in total in the opening/ending sizzle reels.

ZeroAKA

I just spoke with Chief Justice Rehnquist's ghost and he's coming back to give the title to the proper winner of the election: Hotline Miami 2.

Just letting y'all know ahead of time.
The proper winner that got literally two votes? If you say so.

Nudull

Banned
The wait will be worth your time, trust me.

Demon Gaze is something I've wanted to get, along with Danganronpa, Tales of Hearts and Freedom Wars. All a matter of which to tackle first when I get the spare cash.

And that's the best way to prove that "We totally love the Vita, you guys. Now shut up a little bit."? Maybe, just maybe, you should show Vita games, especially your first party stuff.

Oh no doubt, the lack of showing original major titles is pretty shitty. It's a shame how Sony hasn't been taking much chances with the Vita.

autoduelist

It had a lot of great games, but the event was also considered to be a huge Playstation event, not comparable to one of many Nintendo Directs we get during the year.

I've never watched a Nintendo Direct as I have zero interest in the company other than wishing I could play Etrian and [more] SMT games. So I'm not really able to compare or totally understand what you're getting at. Nintendo will clearly focus on 3ds since it's so successful (especially compared to wiiu).

I just think it's worth noting Sony did listen and put a Vita section into the PS Experience thing. I know some of you really want more vita at E3 and Gamescom, but that wasn't really going to happen when they were laser focused on the PS4 launch.

Chuy

Demon Gaze is something I've wanted to get, along with Danganronpa, Tales of Hearts and Freedom Wars. All a matter of which to tackle first when I get the spare cash.
Freedom wars is currently $15 right now at walmart if that's a option for ya

Hikami

Nintendo Direct and the hype around it make me wish we had something similar on the Sony side. Sure, PS+ updates are nice and all, but it isn't the same.
for real. TGS and PSX are nice and all on the Sony side but aren't really the same as a Nintendo Direct. I really like the pre-recorded style of Nintendo Directs. Straight to the point, no awkward pauses like for the usual crowd cheering at everything in live events.

But oh well, E3 is pretty close at least.
Wonder if Sony's gonna have a Vita section in their conference like they did at PSX.

Nudull

Banned
Pirate Warriors 2 is like a hundred times better than the first one.

Yeah, I really wanted to love the first one (and it does has its moments), but the game felt awkward at times and I felt like more could've been done with it. I haven't heard much about Pirate Warriors 2, though, but it might be good. Haha

I heard Orochi Warriors 3 is pretty good.

You know, I've never actually played a Dynasty Warriors game before. I might try out one, eventually.

autoduelist

Have there been any good musou games on PS3/Vita lately? Last one I played was One Piece: Pirate Warriors.

One Piece is musou? Hmm. Didn't know that, maybe i'll get it next sale.

I heard Orochi Warriors 3 is pretty good.

I am really enjoying it right now, though I secretly like DW Next better despite it having some goofy touch games (I liked ordering my team around in Next). In Orochi you have 3 characters to switch between at any time and can do combo attacks.

The plot/concept of Orochi is pretty cool though -- basically [very very low spoiler content, this is just the 'setup' of the game and how the missions function more than anything else... you'll learn this after the first battle]--
you start with the only warriors left alive after a big event, and have to travel back in time to save everyone else (going back to where they died and righting wrongs, making them playable. then you refight battles with new characters or with changed conditions due to your previous actions during time travel

Shizuka

Here's a summary of how Nintendo Direct works:
- Nintendo announces the event.
- fans get overly excited.
- Nintendo releases their video.
- fans get disappointed.

Seems familiar?

I'm a fan and I didn't get disappointed today.

Maid

Banned
Here's a summary of how Nintendo Direct works:
- Nintendo announces the event.
- fans get overly excited.
- Nintendo releases their video.
- fans get disappointed.

Seems familiar?

Sound like most Sony conference?

I don't really know the importanta of Nintendo Direct, to be honest. Don't Sony appear more in big conference than other 2?

Massa

I'm a fan and I didn't get disappointed today.

Sure, I meant the general GAF thread reaction, not how every single fan reacts. We've gone from hype train gifs to "wait for E3!!!", but sure enough a lot of people weren't insanely hyped, and lot of people are quite happy with what they saw. As it usually goes with most gaming events.

Sound like most Sony conference?

I don't really know the importanta of Nintendo Direct, to be honest. Don't Sony appear more in big conference than other 2?

Sony uses their blog a lot, they get an insane amount of traffic there.

Man God

Non-Canon Member
No one tell Takao that the Medarot games were confirmed by Natsume to be hitting the Wii U VC later this year.

Top Bottom