• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PlayStation Network Thread | April 2015

OK, I've just started playing Persona 4 and it's asked me for my character's last name and first name. What is the main characters official name? I think I remember him being called Yu something, but I'm not sure if that was right, or if it was his first or last name.

SerTapTap

PS2 classics still don't work on PS4, right? I wish the blog would make that clear.

Nope. Kinda surprised they're still getting new ones regularly. Really hope they port all that over to PS4. PS1 should be the barest minimum

oh yeah speaking of PS+ games, I can indeed play killzone mercenary on Playstation TV right?

Yup, plays great, though I wish it allowed gyro aiming (best I can tell, PS TV won't accept controller gyro at all, which is a shame)

My last desperate attempt to bring my ps3 back actually worked. Holy shit.

I still haven't gone all the way through breaking down my fat PS3 to try the heatgun method...who the hell designed those innards, dear god it's a nightmare in there. Watching the PS4 teardown was almost errotic in comparison.

kudoboi

OK, I've just started playing Persona 4 and it's asked me for my character's last name and first name. What is the main characters official name? I think I remember him being called Yu something, but I'm not sure if that was right, or if it was his first or last name.

Yu Narukami

I got so confused by the last and first name thing and the characters ended up calling me "kun kun" cuz i typed in Gooby Kun

Yes you can

:eek: awesome. i might pay for PS+ then

Shizuka

I haven't had the time to go online for Killzone Mercenary, I don't want to miss playing it with other people before they forget the game exist and move on.

Andrefpvs

Last name: Narukami
First name: Yu

Yu Narukami

I got so confused by the last and first name thing and the characters ended up calling me "kun kun" cuz i typed in Gooby Kun

:eek: awesome. i might pay for PS+ then

So first name is Yu, surname Narukami then, right?

On another note, the intro that plays when you first start the game was really cool, too.

Nevermind, thanks.

incpdo

Megaman collection would play sooooo nice as a ps2 classic on psn. Seeing gradius makes me dream. Yeah ,is not gonna happen

Shizuka

Shizuka, me passe um site bom para eu comprar acessórios pro Vita. Já achei Fone, Protetor de Tela e Cradle na BBG e Zig, mas ainda quero uma "bolsa" pra proteger ele da sujeira.

Play-Asia is the best one for that, IMO. You could try SuperUFO, they have the HORI official ones and a couple of knockoffs.

Man God

Non-Canon Member
PS Vita, Vita Slim, Vita TV is already sort of like the Vita 3000. Taking out the screen is a great cost cutting and form factor improvement!

Li Kao

So what can I do with a Vita TV if I have a PS4 and a Vita ?
Never looked too much into the device and it was offered with the PS4 I should receive tomorrow.

RK128

Finally cleared Sword Art Online: Hollow Fragment. 101 hours, jeez.
Bring on Lost Song, am ready.

Hallow Fragment takes up a lot of time (think I clocked in at about....60-70 hours after only beating the Hallow Area and getting till floor 94 before putting the game down), so it has to be one of the few Vita games I own that offers that much content (maybe next to Persona 4 Golden; the game said that I put over 200 hours after beating it 5-6 times in one month XD!).

Looking forward to Lost Song as well :); heard great things about it and I can't wait for its localization latter this year :D.

Never looked too much into the device and it was offered with the PS4 I should receive tomorrow.

It can be your PSP/PS1 Classics machine :); buy an 16 GB memory card and load it up with all of your PS1/PSP games and BAM, a little box filled with classic games to play on your TV :D.

As a Vita....it is a poor substitute, but more recently released games like Tales of Hearts R support the device, so you should be able to play a number of Vita games on the console (such as the PS+ tittle Killzone Mercenary :D).

I hope the localizations for Vita keep up in 2016. There's still a load of stuff coming out that I hope gets picked up by the relevant companies (Ys; Xanadu; Stranger of Sword City; Ar NoSurge; Destroyer Trillion etc.)

Lost Dimension still surprises me. I'm pumped for that.

Sadly, I don't think anyone will pick up Ukiyo no Shishi/Roushi at this point :(

antibolo

Banned
Hey guys, just hopping in to offer my best wishes for a quick recovery to cardinalmind!

Oh man, pariah and cure still have the same avatar? smh

Li Kao

Lost Dimension was originally published by Furyu.
I mean, it's just publishing, but I'm not touching the thing until a biohazard team gives the greenlight.

Tohsaka

I hope the localizations for Vita keep up in 2016. There's still a load of stuff coming out that I hope gets picked up by the relevant companies (Ys; Xanadu; Stranger of Sword City; Ar NoSurge; Destroyer Trillion etc.)

Sadly, I don't think anyone will pick up Ukiyo no Shishi/Roushi at this point :(

I think Ys, Tokyo Xanadu, Destroyer Trillion are all a lock for localization. Ar nosurge plus is pretty likely, too, given how the PS3 version is already translated. I'm hoping for Stranger, too; hopefully Operation Abyss does well for NISA so they bring it over as well.

Shizuka

Ar nosurge Plus and Destroyer Trillion might happen still in 2015.

nampad

Why is life so cruel?
When I had Time to play + Will to buy a Vita, I had no money. Now I have an Income + Will, but Time to play is an extremely limited factor now...
:'(

Get well soon, Cardinal.

The Vita is the best platform to squeeze in some playtime though. Portable and a great suspend and resume help a lot.

Go buy one!

I haven't had the time to go online for Killzone Mercenary, I don't want to miss playing it with other people before they forget the game exist and move on.

I think you will keep finding games for a while as therwe is no alternative on the Vita.

I don't see why the western installed base should suddenly stop buying the localizations so they will keep coming for a while.
The Vita is niche but one that keeps buying games.

Takao

Banned
Megaman collection would play sooooo nice as a ps2 classic on psn. Seeing gradius makes me dream. Yeah ,is not gonna happen

sad that retro collections died with the ps2
digital storefronts have given publishers the ability to sell 20 year old games individually

Finally cleared Sword Art Online: Hollow Fragment. 101 hours, jeez.
Bring on Lost Song, am ready.

VitaGAF, is the Asian retail version of HF worth it? Would I be missing any DLC (if it has any) since I'll be playing it in an NA account? Basically I'm looking for a complete edition of the game.

VitaGAF, is the Asian retail version of HF worth it? Would I be missing any DLC (if it has any) since I'll be playing it in an NA account? Basically I'm looking for a complete edition of the game.

The DLC is just costume pieces, which if you're just starting out the game may be useful as they have boosted stats, but isn't really necessary.

If you feel okay skipping the costume DLC, then go for it.

AsfaeksBR

Having an 10mb internet connection with a download speed of 1Mbps, which is faster:

Downloading games directly to the PS Vita, or transferring the games from the PS3 to the Vita via cable?

autoduelist

I'd say the two biggest line items are:

1) Play your PS4 on a TV in another room (for example, have your PS4 in your living room, and your PSTV in your bedroom. Once you get past any networking issues (if you have them, not everyone does) it's amazing. This alone is worth the price of admission for me. In theory you can even play your ps4 from around the world with just a PSTV and DS3/4, but ymmv due to internet infrastructure.

2) Play supported Vita, PSP, and PS1 games on a big screen using your Dual Shock 4.

Since you have a vita, you can also easily use cloud saving (if you have ps+) or mem card swapping to continue playing a game on vita or big screen dependent on mood.

Shizuka

Having an 10mb internet connection with a download speed of 1Mbps, which is faster:

Downloading games directly to the PS Vita, or transferring the games from the PS3 to the Vita via cable?

I used to do the latter when I had a slow internet connection, it's more handy.

It's kind of a toss up.

My Vita will hit ~2mbps download in the right conditions, but the PS3 will max out the PSN's line (~4mbps).

That said, the PS3 has to encrypt and transfer the file after download, which takes extra time... but will also install any patches and download them on the PS3 for you during transfer.

It's a toss up, as in certain situations either could come out on top in speed.

AsfaeksBR

I used to do the latter when I had a slow internet connection, it's more handy.

It's kind of a toss up.

My Vita will hit ~2mbps download in the right conditions, but the PS3 will max out the PSN's line (~4mbps).

That said, the PS3 has to encrypt and transfer the file after download, which takes extra time... but will also install any patches and download them on the PS3 for you during transfer.

It's a toss up, as in certain situations either could come out on top in speed.

So... Games as big as Killzone is better to transfer via cable, while smaller games may be faster to download directly on the Vita?

Massa

So... Games as big as Killzone is better to transfer via cable, while smaller games may be faster to download directly on the Vita?

I would download everything from the Vita, it easily maxes out my connection. Transferring a game like Killzone from PS3 to Vita would probably take more than half an hour.

Man God

Non-Canon Member
The transfer takes forever on large games so unless your wifi connection with the Vita is truly awful you'll get better results just downloading directly to Vita.

The bigger the game, the longer it takes to transfer and the longer the encryption step takes. I'm thinking something as big as Killzone would be best downloaded on the Vita.

there are extra missions as well.

Ah, I forgot about those - which means they weren't that important to me. Take that as you will.

maouvin

I have been away from the Internet for the past week due to a near fatal accident (thanks truck driver swerving to my lane). Oh and I won't be getting any new games for this month and the next due to my hospital bills. As much as I want to spend on a possible Golden Week sale, I don't have any to spare.

Holy shit man. Steady recovery to you!

SerTapTap

You can use it as a 720p 60 FPS remote play device for the PS4 with a DS4, or as a PS Vita with a real controller (but less compatibility). Almost all new titles and a decent selection of older Vita titles support it, and almost all Vita compatible PS1/PSP games work on it too. I really like it and use it whenever I can over the Vita, mostly because I prefer couch/desk + TV/monitor gaming over handheld gaming, it's nice to play on a big TV with a nice controller. If you actually prefer the Vita to playing with a controller + TV you would probably get a lot less use out of it.

Sarcasm

Playing killzone mercenaries on my vita and it is pretty good looking.

Can't say much on how I feel like I am either missing fingers or over a hundred but damn aiming is slow lol and painful. Not very precise either.

Can't say much on how I feel like I am either missing fingers or over a hundred but damn aiming is slow lol and painful. Not very precise either.

Killzone isn't a twitch shooter like CoD, it's always felt "slower" in movement.

I cannot for the life of me get my Vita memory data to restore from a backup on the PS3. I've tried about five times with two different backups and every time it freezes on restore.

Is there anything I need to keep in mind if I decide to just transfer my game saves?

Hikami

decided to just wait til black friday to get a PS4 after all.

Going to finally pick up a PS3 now though instead, which model is the best?

SerTapTap

Do you have the sensitivity cranked up and have gyro aiming on? There's options for a reason

Wait, there are PS1/PSP games that work for other Vitas that don't work for TV?!?

Dracula Chronicles X is the only one I'm aware of, possibly other Konami games, at least I assume Konami is the weak link here. No idea why it's even possible to exclude the PS TV though

decided to just wait til black friday to get a PS4 after all.

Going to finally pick up a PS3 now though instead, which model is the best?

The slim. NOT the super slim. I mean I'm not aware of anything especially wrong with it but it's ugly as fuck and has that crappy sliding door, slim is quieter and doesn't die unlike the pretty, monstrously large PS3 phats.

Sarcasm

Do you have the sensitivity cranked up and have gyro aiming on? There's options for a reason

Dracula Chronicles X is the only one I'm aware of, possibly other Konami games, at least I assume Konami is the weak link here. No idea why it's even possible to exclude the PS TV though

Wouldn't increase in sensitivity mean less precise?

Top Bottom