• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PlayStation Network Thread | April 2015

NA PS+ users, can you tell us if Oddworld PS3 is free or not?

ZQJNEyo.png

Yep, it is.

Apparently, the game didn't get released in North America today.

lol.

What a slow week for #PSVita goodies, there's literally nothing new on sale. Hope y'all were looking forward to Shovel Knight or Sayonara UmiharaKawase +... otherwise, you're straight up S.O.L.

Two decent to great releases, am I missing something? That's about what PS4 got this week. (Just got reminded to buy Ziggurat on PS4)

Shizuka

Damn, PSBlog tricked me. My bad. I'm glad to see it's cross-buy, let's hope that doesn't change when the Vita version is released in the future.

Two decent to great releases, am I missing something? That's about what PS4 got this week. (Just got reminded to buy Ziggurat on PS4)

I mean with regards to sales, deals, price drops or the like. If you were waiting for those games, you likely already knew when and/or that they were dropping.

Nudull

Banned
Is Oddworld New & Tasty good? I already have the Oddboxx bundle on Steam, but I'd be happy to throw more money at one of my favorite devs. :)

I mean with regards to sales, deals, price drops or the like. If you were waiting for those games, you likely already knew when and/or that they were dropping.

It's not like we have too few sales on PSN though, usually one good sale a month. And shouldn't Golden Week have a sale soon? Maybe by the end of this week.

Is Oddworld New & Tasty good? I already have the Oddboxx bundle on Steam, but I'd be happy to throw more money at one of my favorite devs. :)

If you like Oddworld at all, it's a must-have. Have to admit I have barely played it since it launched though.

Prelude.

I randomly stumbled across the OreShika theme on the EU psn and, holy shit, that's embarrassing. The "theme" is literally a lockscreen and one background, no icons, no bgm. What happened to the japanese theme?

RK128

Surprised I was able to get Oddworld New 'N Tasty for free; thought that the game was not cross-buy for PS+ owners but nope, the game is cross-buy after all :). Another new game for me to play then :D (don't own a PS4, so couldn't play it when it landed on PS+).

Played through a bit of Shovel Knight and man is it awesome so far :D! Great visuals, awesome soundtrack and I love how the game feels and plays; going to be on my Vita for a very long time :). The game's file size is also surprising, as it was not even 200MB; really great news I think :).

Tapejara

I ended up picking up Infinity Runner because I liked Wales Interactive's last game (Master Reboot). Haven't played it yet though, but apparently it's about werewolves in space so fuck it, I'm in.

NewDust

So eu stores are starting to update earlier now? Games like LA cops, infinty runner and the new ac chronicles china are already on the ps4 store (and webstore via search).

RK128

Just played the first level of Shovel Knight. Gotta say, they really nailed the old school feel all around. Game feels andlooks great on the Vita.

They really did man :D. Played at the game at least 2 hours now and I can't believe how much it feels like a NES game; the music feels something ripped right out of Mega Man or Ducktails, relics you collect remind me a lot of the Robot Master power-ups you get in Mega Man and I love how the Mario 3-sytle map has so many little extra levels (I encountered two of them so far, one auto-scrolling one after I beat King Knight's level and another after I found and bought the vanishing power-up).

Fantastic game all around and it feels great that I am finally playing this :D.

v1perz53

God I am getting increasingly frustrated with my PS4. For whatever reason it refuses to operate as it should (or at least as it used to) in "rest mode". I have all of the correct options checked (stay connected to internet, allow wake up from network, everything checked in automatic downloads and uploads) and it is activated as my primary PS4 but the PS4 refuses to start any downloads when it rest mode. Used to be if I went to the web store at work, I could start a download and it would be done when I got home, but now I start it from the web store when I get home and turn on my PS4 the download just starts. Not the biggest deal in the world, but it is frustrating that something that worked really well before and was fairly convenient suddenly stopped working and I dont know why. Same thing happens with firmware updates, it used to download by itself and ask if I wanted to install it when I turned it on, but today I turn it on and it hasn't even started downloading yet.

Or did they remove the ability to start downloads from rest mode without me realizing it?

Li Kao

Is there a subtitle option in la cops ?
Is there a subtitle option in the latest japanese EDF ?
Feels like I've been transported several years back, I need subs people.

incpdo

Shovel knight is the only game that it makes me feel like I'm playing a real nes game. This game is awesome and it is automatically my goty , I didn't play it on 3ds because I didn't have the console at launch, I didn't play it on PC because I knew a vita release was coming. The game looks and feels amazing, I don't know if it runs at a very smooth 30fps or 60 but I don't care , I didn't find any errors or bugs yet. The game is a gem. We need more of this type of games on vita.
Edit: this port shows that when something is not rushed becomes great. I may be dreaming but I expect more of this quality ports in the future.

AsfaeksBR

Really XCOM? Maybe the developer started with an XCOM type game when it was big and then changed it when Hotline Miami got big?

More like the older ones. Xenonauts is a better example to give, so yeah, L.A. Cops gameplay started as Xenonauts.

Maybe they changed it to fit a bigger audience, but from what the video showed, the gameplay isn't as tight as Hotline Miami.

Is anyone having problems queuing downloads from another region?

Recently, I've been unable to queue downloads from my Japanese PSN account via the website. It keeps saying like server error and to try again later. But it seems to only affect my recent downloads (April). I am able to queue my old downloads just fine.

autoduelist

Good riddance to this 'spring fever' sale. Some great releases, but at 10% discount, and the franchise sales ranged from bad to meh, and prevented other, bigger sales. At least we had some good flash sales to save us.

Bring on Golden Week.

---

LA Cops looks like it has some interesting gameplay -- you have multiple units and so can set them up to give each other suppressive/cover fire, etc. I have no idea if it's actually good though.

bobawesome

Looks like I'll be getting my Vita back any day now and it's up to me to fix the pixel issue myself. Would purchasing this be the easiest way to go about it?

Surprised I was able to get Oddworld New 'N Tasty for free; thought that the game was not cross-buy for PS+ owners but nope, the game is cross-buy after all :). Another new game for me to play then :D (don't own a PS4, so couldn't play it when it landed on PS+).

On top of all that, grabbing the PS3 version will get rid of the PS+ expiration date on the PS4 version. :eek:

RK128

On top of all that, grabbing the PS3 version will get rid of the PS+ expiration date on the PS4 version. :eek:

Cool, that will make the Vita version 'free' when that comes out (as it is part of the game's three-way cross buy, it will just activate when it launches). That PS+ glitch tends to happen with games with future cross buy, as tittles like Hotline Miami and Don't Starve did the same thing too (the PS+ version becomes cancelled out with the 'new' version being free).

Top Bottom