• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PlayStation Network Thread | April 2015

Li Kao

Considering that we will get Steins;Gate next month, we maybe could see a Chaos;Head release in the future.
Yeah, one can dream (' T_T)

Shout out to Wilflare who picked up Oreshika (English Asian version) for me when my Playasia order fell through:

Can't wait to give this RPG a shot, I love the style of the graphics and the concept. And on a more general note I like that more Vita games are starting to get physical English/Asian releases (great for me since I'm a collector for the platform). Hopefully the upcoming release of Hotline Miami 1&2 in Japan will contain a cart and not just a download code.
Now back to waiting on Shovel Knight to be released in the UK...

Parakeetman

No one wants a throne you've been sitting on!
Sounds good, though the lots of skills thing sounds intimidating. Glad about the no screen rubbing thing, not because it's offensive but because it's boring.

That's a plus too

Thankfully for the Vita version they added another lv tier for the level reset ranks for doing respeccing / class changing.

Lv 1 / Lv 15 / Lv 30 / Lv 50 / Lv 90

Anything done in between those tiers will cause level loss to occur. Things like skill points gained from items will be lost also. Though past lv 60 when it is done there will be stats bonuses given when you do these level resets. I have not looked into the system exactly in too much depth though but would take me a while to read up all of the info on the JP wikis and such. I dont remember if the guide book has the details on it.

But yeah anyways tons of skills and classes, great fun. Its nice too that they give the player multiple story characters who are of the same base class type so its not like you have to keep switching a particular character to get the final end class you want.

Parakeetman

Considering that we will get Steins;Gate next month, we maybe could see a Chaos;Head release in the future.
Yeah, one can dream (' T_T)

Would be nice for Vita versions at least considering Chaos; Child is also coming out on the PS3 / PS4 / PSV in Japan. Guess if Steins; Gate sells well on top of people bugging them about CH / CC maybe lol

Im guessing the US version of Operation Abyss wont have the Chaos; Head Noah character portrait DLC lol.
http://opabyss.jp/information/bonus.php

autoduelist

The upcoming Operation Abyss too might actually be less "stress" to beat than Demon Gaze, just because you do not have to mess around with those summoning circles and gems for those who did not like that system.

Did people not like that system? I thought it was a fantastic idea to help the player tailor lewt to exactly what they needed at the time. Great idea/innovation. I don't need it every game, obviously, but it was definitely nice.

One thing though is the game is not as narrative heavy as Demon Gaze since they are going off a general script from their first series Generation Xth. There is a story though, just that the general interaction with the characters and event scenes is not as frequent as Demon Gaze for example.

That definitely makes me happy.

I really don't care much about story in these games as long as they present a workable and reliable workflow that leads to progress. Story is nice, but DC games really carry it on combat and character options. The narrative can exist totally in my head if it has to.

exactly.

Sounds good, though the lots of skills thing sounds intimidating.

I'm definitely most curious about this and the class changing systems in the various games. I'm definitely not intimidated though, i prefer deep/complex systems (as long as they're done well).

Would be nice for Vita versions at least considering Chaos; Child is also coming out on the PS3 / PS4 / PSV in Japan. Guess if Steins; Gate sells well on top of people bugging them about CH / CC maybe lol

Im guessing the US version of Operation Abyss wont have the Chaos; Head Noah character portrait DLC lol.
http://opabyss.jp/information/bonus.php

Well, you never know, Phantom Breaker: Battle Grounds had the Kurisu DLC well before Steins;Gate got an official localization.

As for an actual Chaos;Head localization, I'm keeping my hopes up because some of the people that worked on the fan-turned-official translation of Steins;Gate might be working ahead on
what is heavily implied to be
a translation of C;H Noah. The business side of things is another matter, but at least they have no plans to undermine an official release with a fan patch.

SerTapTap

I'm definitely most curious about this and the class changing systems in the various games. I'm definitely not intimidated though, i prefer deep/complex systems (as long as they're done well).

There's a balance between fun complexity and massive anxiety, unless respecing is a simple easy thing, which it sounds like it's not, complex can be super annoying because I know there's a "best" thing and I'm not doing it.

Parakeetman

Did people not like that system? I thought it was a fantastic idea to help the player tailor lewt to exactly what they needed at the time. Great idea/innovation. I don't need it every game, obviously, but it was definitely nice.

Not everyone liked it, but at least it was a less of a pain in the ass system which originated from The Students of Round and was changed. As at least the gem system you have more control of what general loot you will get.

Students of Round was more about knowing what food item type to use as bait on the traps to get enemies to appear.

Generally those who did not enjoy it talked about if you run out of gems in particular the having to "grind" for said gems then do the whole circle thing again for equipment is what they did not like. It was not really a major complaint but one I can understand.

Parakeetman

There's a balance between fun complexity and massive anxiety, unless respecing is a simple easy thing, which it sounds like it's not, complex can be super annoying because I know there's a "best" thing and I'm not doing it.

Thats more an issue with you than the game though honestly lol

I dont follow "best" builds as it does not match my play style. Those who do follow such things really should just stick to games where everything is pre-set for you and just broken up by level reqs. Since there is no real point in playing a game with various skills that can be selected by the player if all one is going to do is follow a cookie cutter format dictated by someone else.

You really should not be respeccing all the time anyways and you will not exactly need to unless you either totally screwed something up or are wanting to do the end game contents.

Lets give an example here of skills (hang on typing it out) the A B C that you see in there means the route from where the next class can change into.

Fighter (1st tier)
  • Taunt
  • War Cry
  • Raging Smash
  • Sword Mastery
  • Axe Mastery
  • Lance Mastery
  • Avenger
  • Double Attack

Paladin (2nd tier) A, B
  • Defender
  • Cover
  • Parry
  • Cross Slash
  • Shield Bash
  • Heal
  • Auto Mini Recover
  • Auto Guard
Berserker (2nd tier) B, C
  • Berserk
  • Aura Eliminate
  • Frost Slash
  • Geo Break
  • Enrage Blood
  • Adaptation
  • Preparation
  • Dark Aura

Valkyrie (3rd tier) A
  • Material Guard
  • Spell Guard
  • Gust Slash
  • Daidalos Attack
  • Aether Strike
  • Circle Heal
  • Protection
  • Moon Curtain
  • Auto Refresh
  • Grit
  • Imperial Guard
  • Absolute Attack
Samurai (3rd Tier) B
  • Backwater Form
  • Backside Strike
  • Sever
  • Armor Breaker
  • Skill
  • Hell Slash
  • Katana Knowledge
  • Soul Eye
  • Triple Attack
  • Flowing Water Stance
Dark Lord (3rd Tier) C
  • Attract
  • Power Charge
  • Soul Bind
  • Shock Spiral
  • Megaton Press
  • Life Bring
  • Brave
  • Gurage Accume? (no idea how to translate this)
  • Dark Quest

All of the above is for the first tier class the Fighter. the 2nd and 3rd tiers are the other 2 tiers the player can class change into. Since Skill names are not that important some I didnt bother to fully translate, but this list should give you a single example for a full class & sub classes of what skills look like.

Now take in mind that each skill the higher it goes the more skill points are required, which means not always after leveling up will you have enough skill points to spend. Later in the game as you get higher level you will get more skill points to spend per level though.

STT am sure you are going to have nightmares now that you see how huge the list is with the skills. Esp when you know that you will have 3 skill trees to put points into once you have a character who reached the final class change lol

One other thing is the Magic User starting class is the only one that has the Tiers set up as 1, 3, 4. And there is no overlapping classes in the last tier.

Li Kao

Speaking about Exp., wasn't it them that did another DC with what appeared to be some heavy fan service ? Something with Blacksmith in the title. Hope it will be considered for localization too.
Great Edo Blacksmith ?

Edit - lol, looks like it not by them and I'm not even sure it's a DC anymore.

Maid

Banned
Edo Blacksmith? Isn't it NIS' title?
Part of me is curious, but fearful of my non-GAF friends shunning me. ;_;

Why? I don't really see what's wrong with playing Kancolle, and the gameplay (the browser one) is much deeper than people though, although heavy grinding.

VLiberty

Fan feedback... right. I bet the fact that the store doesn't support the weird split they wanted to do had something to do with it.

I would be fine with both things. If it's the former, then it shows that complaining about bad things instead of putting ourselves at 90° is something people should do. I got a lot of shit for complaining about this, back then.

If it's the latter, is even better as it means no one can pull this shit.

By the way, I respect and understand their reasoning behind their initial choice, and I wouldn't have bat an eye if the game wasn't going to be crossbuy in the first place.

Though, now it would be cool if they actually made the crossbuy game available for EU PS+ users as it says I can't download it :/

SerTapTap

Edo Blacksmith? Isn't it NIS' title?

Why? I don't really see what's wrong with playing Kancolle, and the gameplay (the browser one) is much deeper than people though, although heavy grinding.

What is this game anyway, is it just the same as the browser game? No playable abyssals no buy. If it's even physical?

Parakeetman

What is this game anyway, is it just the same as the browser game? No playable abyssals no buy. If it's even physical?

For the most part it still looks like the browser game which is fucking pathetic considering how long ago they announced the title and with all the $$$ they made by now you would think they could have put in at least a bit more effort with the game.

And yes its having a physical version in Japan a LE which is all sold out now and a standard edition.

SerTapTap

For the most part it still looks like the browser game which is fucking pathetic considering how long ago they announced the title and with all the $$$ they made by now you would think they could have put in at least a bit more effort with the game.

And yes its having a physical version in Japan a LE which is all sold out now and a standard edition.

Certainly sounds like something I shouldn't bother with. With all the trouble they were having releasing it I thought it might be a new game or something.

Parakeetman

Certainly sounds like something I shouldn't bother with. With all the trouble they were having releasing it I thought it might be a new game or something.

Unless you are an actual Kancolle fan then yes its not something you should even worry about getting.

Im more sure its just them delaying the shit just to get as much $$$ from the browser game as possible and were worried that releasing a portable version too soon would cause profits to drop with people playing that over the browser game. lol The fact that even after all this time they still have little to show for it too adds to the long line of warning flags about the game.

Btw I gave you an example of what the skill breakdown looks like for Dungeon Travelers 2. Am sure its gonna give you nightmares now. Out of all the DRPGs Ive played there has not been one that robust in terms of character advancement / classes.

SerTapTap

Btw I gave you an example of what the skill breakdown looks like for Dungeon Travelers 2. Am sure its gonna give you nightmares now. Out of all the DRPGs Ive played there has not been one that robust in terms of character advancement / classes.

Yeah the skill stuff seems...interesting but potentially highly frustrating. Might still check it out anyway, doesn't seem like any of the good Vita DRPGs are very accessible in the first place so they're all kind of on even ground for me in that regard.

autoduelist

Let go of the need to min/max. I know it's hard, but ultimately it's far more fun just going with the flow when leveling characters. If you want, say, a dirty mercenary to fill out your team but read that a paladin is a far better choice, just throw caution to the wind and go with the merc. I know it's hard.

It's gotten a lot harder for me not to fall into the same min/max trap ever since the internet and guides got big. Back in the day, you read the skill descriptions (if even offered) and hoped for the best. Now it's so easy to google to make sure you're 'making the right choice' and it turns making decisions into auto-pilot.

Not everyone liked it, but at least it was a less of a pain in the ass system which originated from The Students of Round and was changed. As at least the gem system you have more control of what general loot you will get.

Students of Round was more about knowing what food item type to use as bait on the traps to get enemies to appear.

Generally those who did not enjoy it talked about if you run out of gems in particular the having to "grind" for said gems then do the whole circle thing again for equipment is what they did not like. It was not really a major complaint but one I can understand.

Ah. Yeah, the food thing seems a bit more obscure. I liked how DG did it, though I never came close to running out of gems. But I'm not a completionist beyond getting the plat so didn't really sit there generating stuff unless I really needed to.

Thats more an issue with you than the game though honestly lol

I dont follow "best" builds as it does not match my play style. Those who do follow such things really should just stick to games where everything is pre-set for you and just broken up by level reqs. Since there is no real point in playing a game with various skills that can be selected by the player if all one is going to do is follow a cookie cutter format dictated by someone else..

This, really. Falling into min maxing in drgps will suck all the fun out right quick. Who cares if a samurai does 10% more dps than a valkyria if you want a valkyria in your party?

Well, I was already sold on DT2 but now I'm extra sold. Looks dreamy. Do we have a release date?

Yeah the skill stuff seems...interesting but potentially highly frustrating. Might still check it out anyway, doesn't seem like any of the good Vita DRPGs are very accessible in the first place so they're all kind of on even ground for me in that regard.

I think Demon Gaze is pretty darn accessible overall. Games with class changing and all that good stuff do take the complexity up a notch, but with DG you're just picking some starting classes and going with it.

We like a lot of the same games; I think once you crack one drgp you'll learn to love the series.

Oh, and get Bloodborne. You will most definitely appreciate it once you get into the swing of things. I'm 3 optional bosses from the plat and they are joyfully kicking my ass.

Ondore

Is anyone else having issues queuing things on the webstore? Want to send Shovel Knight to the Vita and it's just giving "Unable to queue" errors.

RK128

Is anyone else having issues queuing things on the webstore? Want to send Shovel Knight to the Vita and it's just giving "Unable to queue" errors.

This happened to me when trying to put Oddworld New N' Tasty and Shovel Knight to que on my PS3 last night; the PSN site telling me "Unable to Queue".

I guess PSN is either under heavy traffic (preventing this to happen) or it is just bugging out as usually :l.

I'm using NA PSN it that means anything.

VitaGAF what is the general opinion of Htol # Niq - The Firefly Diary? I remember the artstyle and gameplay catching my interest but now that I'm looking online for a physical copy, they seem to be rare... but thankfully there is a place I can get it for $37. VitaGAF what you say?

VitaGAF what is the general opinion of Htol # Niq - The Firefly Diary? I remember the artstyle and gameplay catching my interest but now that I'm looking online for a physical copy, they seem to be rare... but thankfully there is a place I can get it for $37. VitaGAF what you say?

It is gorgeous. Just grab it from PSN d00d. :) $15

RK128

Are the PS+ titles for the following month announced before the current month comes down?

Considering the month ends next week, we should hear Sony announce the Plus games sometime next Tuesday or Wednesday, with them launching on the 5th of May.

incpdo

Vitacats who bought memory cards from Superufo. Do you know why my billing address has to be same as the product delivery destination? I'm in Argentina and I'm paying using a credit card from here with a local billing information but I want to send the memory card to Miami. Do you know if this is something I can do? In any case if I cannot do it on Superufo do you know any other website who accepts a different shipping address than the billing address? Is this because the shipping and billing address has to be from the same country the billing address is? I need a 64gb memory but I need that to be sent to Miami.

I loved it, it's a great game with a lot of charm. I'd probably just stick with a digital copy, but if physical is that important then go for it.

Vylash

fun game with great art, hard as hell though

also the physical version was only available from the NISA store, get it digitally, paying more than twice the retail price just for a physical copy makes no sense

Parakeetman

Vitacats who bought memory cards from Superufo. Do you know why my billing address has to be same as the product delivery destination? I'm in Argentina and I'm paying using a credit card from here with a local billing information but I want to send the memory card to Miami. Do you know if this is something I can do? In any case if I cannot do it on Superufo do you know any other website who accepts a different shipping address than the billing address? Is this because the shipping and billing address has to be from the same country the billing address is? I need a 64gb memory but I need that to be sent to Miami.

Some sites do this to prevent fraud basically.

It is gorgeous. Just grab it from PSN d00d. :) $15

I loved it, it's a great game with a lot of charm. I'd probably just stick with a digital copy, but if physical is that important then go for it.

fun game with great art, hard as hell though

also the physical version was only available from the NISA store, get it digitally, paying more than twice the retail price just for a physical copy makes no sense

I'll give the game a shot, thanks guys. I'm more of a retro guy so I always choose physical copies over digital if the option exist.

So after over a year I've finally decided now is the time to try and beat Final Fantasy X HD. The problem is,
Jecht
who I assume is the final boss, is kicking my ass.

I feel like my character's (Tidus, Auron and Yuna) are doing plenty of damage but their defense and HP seems too low, so should I just grind? They don't have their ultimate weapons so should I go and get them instead? Or both?

Would love some tips.

Chuy

So after over a year I've finally decided now is the time to try and beat Final Fantasy X HD. The problem is,
Jecht

I feel like my character's (Tidus, Auron and Yuna) are doing plenty of damage but their defense and HP seems too low, so should I just grind? They don't have their ultimate weapons so should I go and get them instead? Or both?

Would love some tips.
Been awhile since I played the game but spam the defense buff as much as possible In the beginning.
Also he can be inflicted with poison if i remember correctly so use a weapon that has poison chance equipped to it.

Jecht

Would love some tips.
I cheesed him by saving yojimbo for his final form and then wrecking his business.

autoduelist

Some sites do this to prevent fraud basically.

It's absolutely fraud prevention. Allowing what you're asking is a huge inroad for fraud and most sites worth their salt disallow it on principle.

You'd have better luck finding someone here [as in the US] you trust to order for you and have it shipped to the address you want, then paying them through paypal or whatever.

Top Bottom