• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PlayStation Network Thread | April 2015

Omerta

I'd be ok. even with them sticking with their tastes, the problem is that for some reason they also want to shitpost.

Absolutely. I don't like sports games, online centric games, bro shooters and the like and we've had plenty of games in the past that cater to those tastes... I didn't bitch and moan about not wanting to play them - many were happy and more power to them.

Sony can't please everyone, every month with PS plus. It's the nature of the beast.

autoduelist

I didn't expect that. Fine Gurumin + Demon's gaze will replace the two. I actually liked the demo of Conception 2, just like shizuka likes mind=0 but I'll pass on it for now.

I have to compute a budget where I can fit a 12$ game again.

c2 appears to have potential until you get into it enough to realize it is awful and none of the cool combat systems matter at all.

mind zero appears to have no potential until you get deep enough to realize thatbeyond the bland presentation there is a solid combat system.

demon gaze is just generally engaging and fun despite a few small missteps.

wilflare

I didn't expect that. Fine Gurumin + Demon's gaze will replace the two. I actually liked the demo of Conception 2, just like shizuka likes mind=0 but I'll pass on it for now.

I have to compute a budget where I can fit a 12$ game again.

that's a much better combination of games to buy :D

Tizoc

More indies, yay...
giphy.gif

You see any of the big gaming companies want to give away their AAA games for the Plus service?

Omerta

You see any of the big gaming companies want to give away their AAA games for the Plus service?

I don't think anyone knows the terms but nobody "gives away" anything.

It's probably fairer to say that you don't see Sony paying for AAA titles to appear in the roster.

I don't think anyone knows the terms but nobody "gives away" anything.

It's probably fairer to say that you don't see Sony paying for AAA titles to appear in the roster.

But to be fair, I'm sure indies and smaller budget games are much easier (read: cheaper) to buy out than AAA's are - even months old ones.

Omerta

Ah, I must've read your post wrong - sounded to me as if you were saying they just didn't try.

My bad. :)

Not at all and no worries :)

I've had PS plus for years, through triple a on ps3 to basically force selling me a vita!

My love of indies is entirely due to PS plus... I'd never have tried these games without this service.

Parakeetman

No one wants a throne you've been sitting on!
Can anybody sell me on Tears to Tiara 2?

Story and characters are good, but the problem with the game is due to how its semi-visual novel with its story bits, its not exactly something that you can play in short bursts of time. Especially the opening which is insanely long.

wilflare

the PS4 AAA (I really dislike this term) library is really small... - I doubt Sony can get much on PS+... wait a few more months/years?

even if they did bundle in an AAA game like AC Unity, people will complain... lol

Kudo

Wouldn't expect big AAA games on PS+ for PS4 anytime soon too, maybe we'll get one for December or something but other than that, doubt it.
Next month looks kinda dry, nothing that really interests me personally and I already played Guacamelee. Will give some of them a try though.

What's the best place to look for cheapest PS Vita memory cards? I guess I should finally graduate from my 8GB.

2+2=5

The Amiga Brotherhood
In 2014 PS4 sold 14millions, "handhelds"(psp, psv, pstv) 3.3millions, i guess it's not too bad for Vita.

What the hell project root is not available in Italy?!?!?!?

I'm playing Damascus Gear and i'm liking it as expected, it's pretty barebones but it's very enjoable, i wonder why developers didn't choose dual stick controls.

bobohoro

So VitaGAF, I'm gonna buy something today, I just don't know yet what it will be. On my list is:

- Brandish
- Shovel Knight
- Oreshika (although I'm sure that one will go on sale in the coming weeks/months)

Wanted to put Jeanne D'Arc there too, but remembered I'm in the EU. ;(

Any input/help/other recommendation would be lovely.

RK128

So VitaGAF, I'm gonna buy something today, I just don't know yet what it will be. On my list is:

- Brandish
- Shovel Knight
- Oreshika (although I'm sure that one will go on sale in the coming weeks/months)

I highly recommend Shovel Knight, as it is great retro fun :D. Great visuals, awesome soundtrack, inventive mechanics being used in new ways (Mega Man X Ducktails X Castlevanna 2 X Mario Bros.), great power-ups to collect, fun boss fights and more :). Great game and one of the best games of the year so far.

Parakeetman

In regards to the PSV2K series L2 R2 grip, I have mine currently and while its nice and works, there is 1 small issue with it, which might be serious for some. That and not being able to use a case obviously.

After feeling the plastic and how it fits in, the areas circled in red in the image below are weakpoints that feel like they would have a high probability to snap off if a user is constantly trying to take out / put in their PSV.

That and dont expect to fit this in any sort of case, so if you are planning on getting / using one you better have a screen protector on. As with the issue stated above would not recommend taking the vita in / out of the housing.

Not really the best design considering the price of the thing. Damned shame too since the case itself and triggers do work.

The reason why I say the plastic is most likely the brittle type is I used to build a lot of different plastic models and you can get a general feel of the different types and their durability by their texture and just pressing around on things lightly. Most def this feels like the more brittle type that is not good under stress and will snap into sharp pieces rather than being more flexible. One example of this is like Gunpla vs. Older Kotobukiya models. The quality of the plastic is 2 totally different things. Gunpla plastic is more pliable while the stuff Kotobukiya usually uses is more brittle.

Shengar

Story and characters are good, but the problem with the game is due to how its semi-visual novel with its story bits, its not exactly something that you can play in short bursts of time. Especially the opening which is insanely long.
Ah yes, no problem bout that. It'll make a good companion to my WRPG backlog during semester break later lol

SerTapTap

Yea, I already own 3/6 PS+ games this month. Though Guacamelee is the game that made me fall in love with my Vita and I absolutely adored Murasaki baby so I certainly don't regret buying them. Hohokum I probably could've done without, a bit too abstract for me. Other than that quite excited for race the sun, and I have no knowledge of what Unfinished Swan or Ether One are, so guess I'll wait and see on those.

Hohokum plays more like a standard game than a lot of people realize I think. You move around, explore, solve puzzles. There's a defined ending, goals. It's really great, more people should check it out.

Parakeetman

Ah yes, no problem bout that. It'll make a good companion to my WRPG backlog during semester break later lol

Should be an enjoyable experience hopefully. I really like it, just do not have time at the moment to commit to it unfortunately.

Nice artwork too and the 3d character models are nice looking. While the gameplay is not overly complex, its still enjoyable.

Not sure if the US got the DLC characters though.

Playing Deus Ex HR Director's Cut on my PS3 is making me wish the system had button remapping like the PS4 does. Not only are some of the controls a bit odd (L3 to crouch/R3 to aim/L2 to run), but I can't use the triggers to shoot.

Tizoc

Yo wilflare, will you be online/on Steam in like 7-8 hours' time? Sorry about before was busy with other things ^^;

- Brandish
- Shovel Knight

Brandish+Shovel Knight.
Trust me on this.
Brandish if you want ye old dungeon exploring rpg goodness. In fact this game gives a great senese of character progression from the setting to how strong Ares becomes as you defeat enemies and level up.

Shovel Knight for dat good platforming goodness.

Brandish is my GotY 2015 contender.

Anybody tried Metal Slug 3 on Vita ?

IMO it's a good port, but make sure to play with scanlines for better visuals.
Only issue is lack of rapid fire option.
So if that doesn't bother do get it, the audio is really good too!

bobawesome

I have no idea what I'm doing in Arcana Heart 3: LOVE MAX!!!!! (God, I love that title) and BlazBlue but I'm really enjoying them.

Omerta

Paying more for worse games doesn't seem like a good deal to me. ;)

Couldn't agree more.

I'd much rather noodle around a crazy acid trip world as a strange worm/colourful sperm thing trying to find an objective than chalk up another headshot in the latest bro shooter.

v1perz53

Hohokum plays more like a standard game than a lot of people realize I think. You move around, explore, solve puzzles. There's a defined ending, goals. It's really great, more people should check it out.

My issues with Hohokum were less that it wasn't a real game, and more that I couldn't find the game bits. The first time I played was for around 30 minutes and never once did I know what I was doing or what I was "supposed" to do. I interacted with the world, but it was never purposeful in order to solve a puzzle, it was just seeing what happened and not really knowing why I was doing it. I guess its the same reason I don't generally like open world games, I have so little free time these days that I prefer a game that tells me where to go next over one where I am free to explore and get lost.

That said, I adored the aesthetic in Hohokum and the music was fantastic as well. I just felt lost and aimless the whole time, which some people may enjoy but isn't generally for me.

autoduelist

we will get more AAA games for ps4 eventually. right now ps4 is still a massively expanding market and publishers know new buyers treat all existing titles like one huge pile of launch titles to buy from. once the library is so big that games truly feel old we will see more on ps+ but for now the games are still moving units.

project root on vita is interesting. feels slightly budget but levels are huge. level 1 took me almost an hour to clear and i missed 2 of 6 optional objectives. still to early to judge enemy variation. you can level your ship up so repeated playthroughs willl be faster. not thebestgame ever, but so far im having fun with itand it was worth my 7. dont expect a gem, just a serviceable free roam shmup and you should be satisfied. hard is definitely decently hard though im sure once i have my ship properly lvld ill be fine. cut scene art is sort of done like velocity but i hate artstyle.... but who cares, just cut scenes.

VLiberty

I was so happy when I realized I had cleared 9 games from my Vita backlog in less than 2 months...

Now I realize that since then I've got 11 games(counting Futuridium which Im gonna buy later, and the next month's plus games Unfinished Swan and Hohokum) without playing anything else. :V

deadfolk

Trying to decide just what I want from the sale.

Which of the two Senran Kagura games should I get?

Easy choice as they're totally different genres.

Shinovi Versus is a fighting game.

Bon Apetit is a rhythm game.

Personally, I'd go with SV as BA is basically fan service (in both senses).

Top Bottom