• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PlayStation Network Thread | April 2015

Parakeetman

No one wants a throne you've been sitting on!
Quick question, I guess there's no way to pay for something directly on the Japanese PSN store short of having a Japanese credit card? I would love to buy the Neptunia V-II PS4 theme which is only 280yen which would be about 2€ but buying a 1000yen PSN card from Play-Asia for 12€ seems a bit excessive just for this :/

Yeah if you dont have a JP CC only way to pay is JPSN cards.

Parakeetman

No one wants a throne you've been sitting on!
Thanks for the tip, yeah I did but it makes only a marginal difference with 11.25€ for 1000yen :/

Thanks, that's what I feared, well looks like I have to browse through the store and find some things to buy with the remaining 720yen then :p

Am sure you wont have any issues considering the massive PS Classics library there is. Or other things unreleased in the west lol.

Hmm, you think? Cinderella Girls should be a very easy title for them to bring over. OP: Treasure Cruise has already been a success too, and we've had no hints about Digimon.

Not really though, since Bandai Namco never really has shown much interest in bringing the series to the West. Id say its a lot more unknown than like Digimon which would have the anime for Tri to back it up. Plus BanNam does know that there already is an rather rabid fanbase for Digimon still in the US lol.

The PS3 Cinderella Girls title that came out on the 23rd is more like "bonus content" for fans rather than being an actual game. Unless you are talking about the social game card collecting one.

ryseing

Not really though, since Bandai Namco never really has shown much interest in bringing the series to the West. Id say its a lot more unknown than like Digimon which would have the anime for Tri to back it up. Plus BanNam does know that there already is an rather rabid fanbase for Digimon still in the US lol.

The PS3 Cinderella Girls title that came out on the 23rd is more like "bonus content" for fans rather than being an actual game. Unless you are talking about the social game card collecting one.

I'm talking about the F2P iOS game. If you'd asked me prior to the trademark, I'd be in full agreement that Digimon was far more likely to happen. The trademark is the only thing that currently makes me think that it's a little more likely, or at least on their radar as happening.

And they did bring 3 IM games to iOS... So there hasn't been 0 interest.
Just near zero interest.

I dont see E3 as a suitable place to announce an iM@S mobile game lol

lol, I'm just thinking about what they've got in store. It's a good place to make bulk announcements, but I get what you're saying from this perspective.

Zhao_Yun

So I decided to finish P3 FES today and challenged the final boss... this fight is ridiculous.
After nearly one hour of fighting my MC got charmed and killed all the others while the AI didn't bother healing me. Really frustrated now. In general I really like the fight since it is quite hard and you need to strategize a lot, but it sucks that your own party members represent a random element in it -.-

Man God

Non-Canon Member
Haven't played a Harvest Moon game before but I'm kind of interested in trying it; especially because two of them are on sale this week on the PSN Golden Week sale.

For people familiar with Harvest Moon, which of the two would you recommend?
  • Harvest Moon: Hero of Leaf Valley ($5)
  • Harvest Moon: Boy & Girl ($3.75)

Boy and Girl>Hero of Leaf Valley>Robot one that sucks

Producer

So I decided to finish P3 FES today and challenged the final boss... this fight is ridiculous.
After nearly one hour of fighting my MC got charmed and killed all the others while the AI didn't bother healing me. Really frustrated now. In general I really like the fight since it is quite hard and you need to strategize a lot, but it sucks that your own party members represent a random element in it -.-

That last section of the fight is pretty ridiculous.
What you can do is fuse a persona that has Null Charm so you wont be affected by it, it really helps in the final phase of the battle. I think Raphael always has the skill. Having the Amrita skill is also very useful but null charm should be a priority. But yeah, there definately is a random/luck factor to it in regards to getting bad status effects by Night Queen and having to retry the fight. The payoff is worth it though.

Takao

Banned
Feline Puzzler Nekoburo CatsBlock Heads to North America and Europe

1.jpg

Catsblock Vestival, from Chaos Code devs F K Digital, brought over the top kitty cuteness to Asian PS Vitas late last year and now the puzzler is primed for a western debut. Coming courtesy of Neko Entertainment, who is a purrfect match for this title, the game will now be known as Nekoburo Catsblock. Retaining its Japanese audio track, Nekoburo’s text will be translated into English, French, Spanish and German.

Nekoburo tells the tale of a cat-like group of aliens that find themselves stranded on Earth. Alone and without his friends, the leader of the bunch gets adopted by a kindhearted teenage girl. With the help of some alien technology, it’s up to you to reunite Totan with the other stranded Square Cats.

Zhao_Yun

That last section of the fight is pretty ridiculous.
What you can do is fuse a persona that has Null Charm so you wont be affected by it, it really helps in the final phase of the battle. I think Raphael always has the skill. Having the Amrita skill is also very useful but null charm should be a priority. But yeah, there definately is a random/luck factor to it in regards to getting bad status effects by Night Queen and having to retry the fight. The payoff is worth it though.

Yeah, I already thought that I should take Raphael with me the next time I try it. I am worried about my party members being charmed though since everyone of them can potentially Nyx...
Don't know whether my party is a bit underleveled as well since the fight took like forever for me. My MC is 73 and the other party members 69/70ish. Maybe I should at least get Yukari to 74 to get Mediarahan...
I actually would like to try it again but it's already late and the fight is so long <_<'

Hikami

some comments on some of the games I bought and played from the Golden Week sale:

Guided Fate Paradox
Went into this game with no knowledge of it. Pretty interesting premise, I'm hooked. Haven't gotten to any of the actual battles and such yet though.

Atelier Escha & Logy
Already liking this a lot more than Atelier Ayesha+.

Persona 4 Arena
Nice to see I still suck at this game. Mostly in it for just the story mode anyways.

Senran Kagura Bon Appetit
Man, images and videos for this are deceptive. Feels completely different when playing it. Thought the rhythm portion of the game would be mediocre to just go along with the fan service but, the rhythm game is actually pretty damn fun.

v1perz53

Gah, the Golden Week sale has so many games I was waiting for a sale for, at the exact time when I have no free time to play anything at all. Still haven't bought things like Shinovi Versus or Rorona Plus, would like to grab them now while they're on sale, but I also want a few of the cheaper games like Guided Fate Paradox, which is much more firmly in impulse buy territory at what, $5? Similarly, I would love to play Ar Nosurge at some point after finishing the Tonelico series, but I'd have to get through a lot of game before even possibly playing that.

Man God

Non-Canon Member
Reconsider this purchase. It's awful in every way. Even if you don't go with Demon Gaze, at least save the money.

Yep. Plus as an Atlus game this isn't even remotely close to how cheap it'll eventually get, though it's not even worth it for a dollar. Your free time is worth more than this crap.

Nudull

Banned
Where did all the backlash for Conception II come from? I can remember folks hyping and defending the hell out of it when it was coming out. :eek:

Hikami

Where did all the backlash for Conception II come from? I can remember folks hyping and defending the hell out of it when it was coming out. :eek:
when it was coming out
people actually played it I guess

I'm one of the few that actually liked it. Though that's because I just ended up playing it as a visual novel instead of an rpg. The plot was predictable/generic as hell, combat was also dull and tedious. The child system was pretty interesting but wasted since the combat was bad.
I just enjoyed the character events. Which even then may even be a hit/miss for people due to the character tropes.

and @cardinalmind
Atlus games go on sale pretty often.. Demon Gaze hardly does on the other hand

v1perz53

The backlash came from people playing it and realizing that it had fine VN and social aspects but the combat, while a seemingly cool system, lacked any true depth or challenge, leaving the game quite boring to play. Every dungeon was just a long slog fest that was at the same time quite easy.

Shizuka kill me if you want to but I'm passing on Demon's gaze. Conception 2 and Sorcery Saga will replace it in my limited budget.

I bought Demon Gaze and Conception 2 the same week, and tried them both out. At the end of the following week, I had around 2 hours in Conception II and 40 hours in Demon Gaze. I couldn't put Demon Gaze down, while I had to force myself to finish Conception II over the next month. Though Conception 2 has a demo, so you may have played that and decided you like it, so who am I to judge.

There's nothing wrong with Conception II, but aside from the art in the VN bits there's nothing right with it either. It's the most generic RPG of its kind on the Vita and I consider it quite boring.

But maybe that's just me?

I'm passing on Demon's gaze. Conception 2 and Sorcery Saga will replace it in my limited budget.
Damn, VitaGaf is all coming to the rescue on this one and for good reason. It isn't just Shizuka, I'm pretty sure that everyone here will tell you that you are making a bad decision. I never played Sorcery Saga but everyone seems to say it's nothing special. Conception II is a very, very lackluster game that uses its cutesy and seemingly "social-link" gameplay feature as bait, and people fall for it thinking it'll be like Persona. The actual RPG mechanics and fights are just boring as heck /:

If you don't want to buy Demon Gaze it's alright, but your better off saving the money instead.

Man God

Non-Canon Member
The VN stuff isn't any good either! Sure, it's better than the acutal chore that is playing the RPG bits but all of the humor just falls flat.

Incredibly boring game.

Reconsider this purchase.

so you're probably making an awful decision.

Th while I had to force myself to finish Conception II over the next month.

A Jif was here

Heed the warning, Conception II is not to be purchased.
I didn't expect that. Fine Gurumin + Demon's gaze will replace the two. I actually liked the demo of Conception 2, just like shizuka likes mind=0 but I'll pass on it for now.

I have to compute a budget where I can fit a 12$ game again.

The VN stuff isn't any good either! Sure, it's better than the acutal chore that is playing the RPG bits but all of the humor just falls flat.

Incredibly boring game.

Yep. If I have to give the game anything, I guess I'd say the cgs in the vn segments aren't bad. However, they're not outstanding either.

I didn't expect that. Fine Gurumin + Demon's gaze will replace the two. I actually liked the demo of Conception 2, just like shizuka likes mind=0 but I'll pass on it for now.

I have to compute a budget where I can fit a 12$ game again.

The demo gives you false hope that things will go up from there. They don't even remain the same, they get progressively worse.

If you must get the game, don't get it during this sale. I would never recommend it, but in time Atlus will slash the price even more.

incpdo

So my damage report for this sale is

Demon gaze
The curry RPG
Star wars battlefront elite squadron
Star wars the force unleash (PSP)
1945plus

There are many of the games that I already have but I'm happy with what I got

Omerta

PS+ for next month:
  • Ether One (PS4)
  • Guacamelee! Super Turbo Championship Edition (PS4)
  • The Unfinished Swan (PS4, PS3, PS Vita)
  • Race the Sun (PS4, PS3, PS Vita)
  • Murasaki Baby (PS Vita)
  • Hohokum (PS4, PS3, PS Vita)

This is my kind of month. I love artistic, interesting and abstract experiences.

The problem with that is, I own most of these games. I'm excited to get my teeth into Murasaki Baby, that's the one game I don't own and have been close to pulling the trigger on for a while.

The sad thing is, I'd be happy that people are going to try these truly unique games but the majority of Knackzone ShaddowCreeders won't keep an open mind.

Edit: forgot about ether one... Never played it and I love exploration games, will play.

VLiberty

This is my kind of month. I love artistic, interesting and abstract experiences.

The problem with that is, I own most of these games. I'm excited to get my teeth into Murasaki Baby, that's the one game I don't own and have been close to pulling the trigger on for a while.

The sad thing is, I'd be happy that people are going to try these truly unique games but the majority of Knackzone ShaddowCreeders won't keep an open mind.

Edit: forgot about ether one... Never played it and I love exploration games, will play.
I'd be ok. even with them sticking with their tastes, the problem is that for some reason they also want to shitpost.

v1perz53

Yea, I already own 3/6 PS+ games this month. Though Guacamelee is the game that made me fall in love with my Vita and I absolutely adored Murasaki baby so I certainly don't regret buying them. Hohokum I probably could've done without, a bit too abstract for me. Other than that quite excited for race the sun, and I have no knowledge of what Unfinished Swan or Ether One are, so guess I'll wait and see on those.

Top Bottom