• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PlayStation Network Thread | April 2015

Nudull

Banned
PS+ for next month:
  • Ether One (PS4)
  • Guacamelee! Super Turbo Championship Edition (PS4)
  • The Unfinished Swan (PS4, PS3, PS Vita)
  • Race the Sun (PS4, PS3, PS Vita)
  • Murasaki Baby (PS Vita)
  • Hohokum (PS4, PS3, PS Vita)

Guess I'm picking up Guacamelee, Murasaki Baby and Unfinished Swan.

Pretty sure everyone has seen this thread but I'll be posting it here nonetheless:
Danganronpa has sold 200,000 units in the west
Great news for VN fans!

Damn good news. I'm happy that visual novels are finally getting their due in the west. :)

Benedict

Just found out that Apotheon has a 300+ mb big save-file for no good reason. Caused problems with cloud save for me because of it's size.
Things like these is such a nuisance and makes my experience with the game lessen and put it way back on my backlog.

SerTapTap

Just found out that Apotheon has a 300+ mb big save-file for no good reason. Caused problems with cloud save for me because of it's size.
Things like these is such a nuisance and makes my experience with the game lessen and put it way back on my backlog.
PS4's save system has a number of compounding problems with PS+ saves:

Minimum save file of 10MB is insane, and guarantees you can store no more than 100 save files in PS+. Despite that many games' save files can be only a few KB--and were on PS3, and currently are on Steam.

Giant-ass, "system file" type things for storing UGC, ghosts etc. that are way beyond what a typical "save file" would usually be.

No easy way for the player to designate single files as "don't upload this", only the whole game's save. If I want to back up my Driveclub I need to either do it manually, or auto upload the giant 100MB Ghosts save file.

Only 1GB--this is honestly the least significant problem IMO, 1GB was fine for Vita and PS3 saves, 1GB is a lot if your save files are all of reasonable size.

That's the one I used, it's a pretty easy platinum.

Oh really? I heard it was nasty since you have to be super picky, but maybe it's fine as long as you have the guide.

antibolo

Banned
Save files are an incomprehensible mess on PS4. The LBP3 save file is literally half a gig. You're screwed for cloud backups as soon as you get a few of those games with silly multi-megabyte saves. I hope this is something they will fix in the future.

yaffi

The Guided Fate Paradox
The Witch and the Hundred Knight
Class of Heroes 1+2
Knights in the Nightmare

Those are the games I currently have in my cart.

Anything else I should get?

Games from the sale I already own:

Demon Gaze
Senran Kagura SV (JP)
The Firefly Diary
Sorcery Saga
Dragon's Crown
Growlanser Wayfarer of Time
Gugnir
Crimson Gem Saga
Hexyz Saga
Yggdra Union
Riviera
Project Diva f
Tales of Symponia 1+2
Demon's Souls
One Piece Pirate Warriors 2
Time & Eternity
Battle Princess of Arcadias
Remember Me
Neptunia V

Kudo

Who are Kudo and Benedict?

I don't know about Benedict but that Kudo sounds familiar..

Big thanks to Hikami, now I have this downloading:
eaNaG1J.jpg

I just started playing Gravity Rush. How are the dlc's? Are they worth 4$ apiece?

They were to me, and I bought them after the main game so they didn't integrate into the story (which IMO would be better).

Each pack is a costume, a set of missions, and a small storyline bit. $4 might've seemed steep to me if I paid full price for the game, but I got it free on plus so it was an easy "fuck yes" of a purchase, and I don't regret it one bit.

Plus, that 100% trophy list.

--

Also, on the topic of PS+ games for May - they seem to be offering a bunch of games that I'll try because they're free but wouldn't have likely bought on my own. By that, I mean that the games look interesting, but have always seemed to me like the type where I'd need to try them before I'd buy them - and now I can play them without having to pay them.

Gnarly. :)

eFKac

Just started Killzone Mercenary for the first time on my PS TV...

Holy moly what could have been :-( I haven't played KZ3 in years so my memories are probably not very accurate, but except for some obvious effects like fog etc. this game looks like a slighlty blurrier KZ3 0_o most impressive.

Shame we won't see anything pushing it that hard again.

And to think that the graphical and technical showcase is a 1st generation game in only the second year on the market of the console, man... there was so much potential in this hardware.

Man Skullgirls is shaping up to be a great buy for me on the Vita. I'm not even a big fighting game fan or anything but I'm definitely gonna buy it.
I just noticed that I have a
bad?
habit of reviewing banned games from GAF.
"O fruto proibido é o mais apetecido".

Tizoc

Wow, so Sony really is expanding PSP/PS1 compatibility for Vita :D. I wonder if MGS:OP is next, as that is part of the sale too.

Uh wrong game son.

So, how about a Crash and Spyro bundle?

THIS.
Seriously it would not surprise me if the games suddenly become Vita compatible stealthy for US PS Vita users.
I don't give a fuck about the stupid licensing and reasoning, I'm done with stupid excuses, just let us play the bloody games on our Vitas.

Matter of fact I am NOW going to load up my Vita's dowload list just to see if I can download the Crash and Spyro games.

Tizoc

So a few things
1- Is the store down? Or at least the webstore seems to be down....

2- GAF HELP, WHAT PS VITA RETAIL GAMES ARE RELEASING OVER THE NEXT FEW MONTHS I ONLY KNOW OF DANGANRONPA AE
I don't want to miss out on VNs or other cool games DX

RK128

Uh wrong game son.

THIS.
Seriously it would not surprise me if the games suddenly become Vita compatible stealthy for US PS Vita users.
I don't give a fuck about the stupid licensing and reasoning, I'm done with stupid excuses, just let us play the bloody games on our Vitas.

Matter of fact I am NOW going to load up my Vita's dowload list just to see if I can download the Crash and Spyro games.

Damnit, I meant Portable Ops :(. I will edit my original post to avoid further confusion. Sorry for the mistake Tizoc.

Regarding the Crash/Spryo games, I checked my Vita download list and they don't show up as downloadable on Vita still :l. The Star Wars games likely got Vita support as a promotion for the upcoming Episode VII.

Tizoc

Damnit, I meant Portable Ops :(. I will edit my original post to avoid further confusion. Sorry for the mistake Tizoc.

Regarding the Crash/Spryo games, I checked my Vita download list and they don't show up as downloadable on Vita still :l. The Star Wars games likely got Vita support as a promotion for the upcoming Episode VII.

No I meant..you mentioned the wrong game; the games you should've mentioned are the Crash and Spyro games :V
Far as I know you got them during the time US PSN server had that 'kurfuffle'.

Shizuka

2- GAF HELP, WHAT PS VITA RETAIL GAMES ARE RELEASING OVER THE NEXT FEW MONTHS I ONLY KNOW OF DANGANRONPA AE
I don't want to miss out on VNs or other cool games DX

- Neptunia U (NA/EU);
- Steins;Gate (EU);
- Operation Abyss: New Tokyo Legacy (NA/EU);
- J-Stars Victory Vs+ (EU);
- Lost Dimension (NA/EU);
- Dungeon Travelers 2 (NA/EU);
- One Piece Pirate Warriors 3 (EU);
- Moe Chronicle (AS);
- Sword Art Online: Lost Song (AS);
- Xblaze 2 (NA);
- Code Realize (NA).

Those are the ones I can think of right now.

Tizoc

- Steins;Gate (EU);

- Code Realize (NA).

Left in the ones I am most interested in, thanks!

RK128

No I meant..you mentioned the wrong game; the games you should've mentioned are the Crash and Spyro games :V
Far as I know you got them during the time US PSN server had that 'kurfuffle'.

You are right, I got them when the store glitched out. It is stupid how we had to relay on a glitch to play a Sony made game on a Sony made platform :l.

Tizoc

You are right, I got them when the store glitched out. It is stupid how we had to relay on a glitch to play a Sony made game on a Sony made platform :l.

Err the primary issue with the game is that for whatever idiotic reason (don't bother trying to justify it, I've stopped accepting it sorry) Acti won't let it be Vita compatible on US PSN Vitas.
We already have Sony made games still playable on our smexy sony made platform :p

RK128

Err the primary issue with the game is that for whatever idiotic reason (don't bother trying to justify it, I've stopped accepting it sorry) Acti won't let it be Vita compatible on US PSN Vitas.

I don't accept it either; Acti does nothing with either IP (outside of Spryo having a cameo in Skylanders), so their is no excuse for the games not working on Vita in NA :l.

- Neptunia U (NA/EU);
- Steins;Gate (EU);
- Moe Chronicle (AS);
- Xblaze 2 (NA);
- Code Realize (NA).

There's also Dengeki Bunko and Looney Tunes (lol)

- Neptunia U (NA/EU);
- Steins;Gate (EU);
- Moe Chronicle (AS);
- Xblaze 2 (NA);
- Code Realize (NA).

You can add God Eater 2 Rage Burst to that list after E3.

Producer

I wish they didn't do that, the game won't sell that much better just for being $30 and it's hard to cope with the costs of manufacturing if you're only charging $30.

The thing is that its a late localization of a fighting game, thats also niche even among other anime fighters. Most people that were interested in it already imported it. Its a good price considering the situation of the game.

Bamco won't let me down, not this time. The time for this game to get announced is near folks.

Haha, joking aside, the fact that there's a ps4 version and that trademark are what gives me hope. I'm expecting that, SAO:LS, Idolm@ster: Cinderella Girls and that Jojo game to be revealed at E3.

Cyber Sleuth and Ray Giant as well
in my dreams

Parakeetman

No one wants a throne you've been sitting on!
Btw folks here who have not played Ob Abyss, word of advice is dont go and visit the Operation Babel OT, since it contains spoilers with the cast list in the Characters section / game trailer.

Play through Op Abyss first.

Shizuka

Haha, joking aside, the fact that there's a ps4 version and that trademark are what gives me hope. I'm expecting that, SAO:LS, Idolm@ster: Cinderella Girls and that Jojo game to be revealed at E3.

Cyber Sleuth and Ray Giant as well
in my dreams

Digimon is more likely than Idolmaster, despite trademarks.

Quick question, I guess there's no way to pay for something directly on the Japanese PSN store short of having a Japanese credit card? I would love to buy the Neptunia V-II PS4 theme which is only 280yen which would be about 2€ but buying a 1000yen PSN card from Play-Asia for 12€ seems a bit excessive just for this :/

Top Bottom