• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PlayStation Network Thread | April 2016

RK128

The Golden Week sale has some very, very good deals with PS+.
-Mega Man 8: 1.50
-Mega Man Maverick Hunter X: 3.50
-Mega Man Legends 1: 5.99
-Misadventures of Tron Bone: 1.50 or 2.00
-Neptuina Series (Rebirth 3 & Action Unleashed): 8.99

Honestly considering picking up one of the Neptuina games, I as really enjoyed my time with Rebirth 2 last year :).

Questions-

Does Megaman Legends and Tron Bonne hold up or did I have to play them when they came out to enjoy them now?

How is the Revenge of Shinobi PS3 port? I love that game, but I'm curious if it runs well or if they added anything to it.

RK128

Questions-

Does Megaman Legends and Tron Bonne hold up or did I have to play them when they came out to enjoy them now?

How is the Revenge of Shinobi PS3 port? I love that game, but I'm curious if it runs well or if they added anything to it.

Legends 1 and Tron Bonne hold up great on Vita, as you can re-map the controls to be more 'modern'.

Legends 1 & Tron Bonne Control:
Right Stick - Left: L1
Right Stick - Right: R1
Right Stick - Down: X
Right Stick - Up: R2
R: R2

Rinさとり;201929757 said:
It was delayed in both EU and NA... they even removed it from the release blog post.

Im so confused now

If it was retail only delay they would have said so.

IMO it's just a matter of time before they pull it and announce it was an error.

Grab it quick if you want it before that delayed date.

RK128

IMO it's just a matter of time before they pull it and announce it was an error.

Grab it quick if you want it before that delayed date.

Don't have the funds right now but I agree; if you can get it now, get it before Idea Factory removes the game off PSN.

Benedict

I'm not that impressed by the sale.
Wish they had Suikoden IV and V, since I haven't played those before
And Bubble Bobble Arcade Archives would have been nice.

And that the vita/PsOne games would work on my EU Vita account

autoduelist

I was expecting to drop $50 this sale, but nothing I was planning on getting hit quite the right price point [I wanted Lost Dimension at <12, for example]. So... between skipping this past flash sale, and now maybe skipping GW sale... I feel like i'm not buying anything [even though I'm buying many new releases, lol]

Massa

Don't know if it's new but it seems like they disabled some animations that used to make the web store much slower to navigate. Switching pages for example is now instant.

bobohoro

EU PS blog doesn't list SoSC as coming out this week. Can't tell if they simply forgot again or the game got delayed for some reason.

Edit:

I love EU PSN.

Well, that's one game off my list that I might have gotten for my upcoming trip.
So silly.

incpdo

Do you think severed releasing when we have the golden week will affect its sales? who bought the game already? what are your opinions im on the edge of buying it but im hearing is an easy game.

Phototropic

Neo Member
I just bought Severed. Lots of games in the Golden Week Sale, but I already have all of them from other sales that I would want for now.

I suspect Severed will do well in part because it's been so talked about on PS I Love You XOXO. I didn't think that would matter much until Taco Master got a big boost.

Bah. I've got five or six Japanese games on my wish list and not a single one of them is on sale. Guess Sony isn't getting any of my money this sale either.

BearChair

I feel somewhat guilty. I have a significant backlog, so I've only been buying games on sale. Although, I feel bad for denying money from small devs that I want to support. For example, I'm really interested in Severed but have so many other games I need to play and have pre-orders for Shiren the Wanderer and Shin Megami Tensei Apocalypse.

Does anyone else have this gaming guilt where you feel like you're denying money to the people that keep your hobby going?

Yasumi

Banned
I'm kind of super tempted to get Megadimension Neptunia for $41.99, since it's still full (Canadian) price in stores. My one hitch is that Ray Gigant is next week, and I'm DEFINITELY getting that. Wish we had a price for Gigant so I could budget it out better.

Man God

Non-Canon Member
Prices aren't great this time.

Last year I actually bought a month of PS+ because it ended up saving me more money. This time...maybe I'll spend 20.

The real Golden Week sale this time was that Nintendo Humble Bundle. Good Gravy.

kevin1025

Banned
Do you think severed releasing when we have the golden week will affect its sales? who bought the game already? what are your opinions im on the edge of buying it but im hearing is an easy game.

I did my duty and bought Severed! Hopefully I can get to it before Uncharted eats all known forms of time.

Clive

I can't decide between Severed and Stranger of Sword City. Help me out, Gaf!

I have only played (half of) Severed and it's a pretty darn cool and special game whereas Stranger of Sword City seems like a pretty generic dungeon crawler. Competent, but still just another dungeon crawler.

If you're looking for lasting appeal, customization and replay value then SoSC will offer more. Severed is supposedly a sub-10 hour game and not much longer for the platinum. Can't really see it having replay value either. Those few hours are very enjoyable so far at least.

Takao

Banned
Has science gone too far?

oJrWg4v.jpg
W8gCeZg.jpg
LI1OJzS.jpg
szzNSv5.jpg

http://www.hori.jp/products/pv/pv_remote_grip/
2,980 yen
July release

Or simply allow full customization.

That would be the optimal solution, but I would be fine with just the default setup.
The strangest thing however, as I have said before, is that PS Now apparently already have different button layouts when you use it on the Vita (this isn't something I have only seen in YT videos as PS Now isn't released in Sweden).

RK128

Bionic Commando Rearmed 2, PS3
God of War: Ghost of Sparta, PS Vita
LocoRoco Cocoreccho!, PS3
Switch Galaxy Ultra, PS4, PS Vita
Table Top Racing: World Tour, PS4
Tropico 5, PS4

Will be making a Retrospective covering God of War Ghost of Sparta when the games go live next week as an 'extra' Retrospective, as I really love the game and want to explain to people why its such a great time.

Shizuka

Bionic Commando Rearmed 2, PS3
God of War: Ghost of Sparta, PS Vita
LocoRoco Cocoreccho!, PS3
Switch Galaxy Ultra, PS4, PS Vita
Table Top Racing: World Tour, PS4
Tropico 5, PS4

Will be making a Retrospective covering God of War Ghost of Sparta when the games go live next week as an 'extra' Retrospective, as I really love the game and want to explain to people why its such a great time.

Bottom of the barrel.

It's a PSP game. I don't subscribe for PSP games.

So what its a PSP game? Most of the games I play on my Vita are PSP and PS1 games honestly :l.

Again, I'm an outlier here so, just ignore my optimism about the Plus Line Up.

I'm with Shizuka, I want Vita games with trophies - I played the PSP games and PS1 games I wanted to play when I had those systems (for the most part) and want games native to my console.

They wouldn't get away with giving PS1 classics on PS3, and technically that's the same bloody thing.

Does anyone know if the 20% off any one PSN purchase codes still work? They had a 12/31/15 expiration, but several times codes with expirations have still worked. Wondering if anyone knew from experience.

Thanks

RK128

I'm with Shizuka, I want Vita games with trophies - I played the PSP games and PS1 games I wanted to play when I had those systems (for the most part) and want games native to my console.

They wouldn't get away with giving PS1 classics on PS3, and technically that's the same bloody thing.

Again, I suppose I'm easy to please :). Sorry you guys are upset with this news though :(.

Again, I suppose I'm easy to please :). Sorry you guys are upset with this news though :(.

Not so much upset, as annoyed. It's one thing to pick two Vita games that I don't care about and have them on Plus free - it's another to cut the chances in half with a f%^$ing PSP* game I played on PSP* when I had a PSP*.

Natively, like it should be!

RK128

Not so much upset, as annoyed. It's one thing to pick two Vita games that I don't care about and have them on Plus free - it's another to cut the chances in half with a f%^$ing PSP* game I played on PSP* when I had a PSP*.

Natively, like it should be!

Again, I understand completely. But I never owned PSP, so I have a different mindset on this stuff I guess :).

Honestly, I wouldn't necessarily object to getting some PS1 or PS2 classics, but that's contingent on them being actual classics. I wouldn't have any problem with Final Fantasy IX or Persona 3 showing up on IGC, even though I own and have beaten both multiple times (though I would obviously prefer games I haven't already played). But I can't say I've ever even heard of this particular God of War game, let alone heard people waxing poetic about how great it is and how worth it it is to play despite being an older game on an older system.

If I only have a monitor without a audio card, is there any way I can get sound of my PSTV? I would like to be able to use it on a monitor. :(

I have external speakers of course. Would a USB to AUX solution work?

Top Bottom