• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PlayStation Network Thread | April 2016

Between an easy and accessible Ray Gigant and a hard and cryptic Stranger of Sword City, there are options for anyone to grab at least one of these EXP DRPGs this year.

Why not an in between though :( I can't say neither of the two are great options for me personally, idk about others. I wish these two had difficulty settings.

bobohoro

Between an easy and accessible Ray Gigant and a hard and cryptic Stranger of Sword City, there are options for anyone to grab at least one of these EXP DRPGs this year.

Was torn between the two as well, but the impressions of Ray Gigant make it seem like it won't really be my sort of game and I'll probably wait for it to be sub € 20 and fitting into my gaming schedule (which is pretty packed until the end of time, it seems).

Stranger Of Sword City will be purchased sooner. But I'll probably tackle Atelier Escha&Logy first, sale and all.

Recently I've been playing Superbeat Xonic on and off between Dark Souls III and that is pretty much the best Rhythm game I've played on Vita. Steep learning curve, but the charts are on point nearly all of the time, the music's pretty varied (alhough I sadly don't care for most of it, but that applies to most rhythm games for me) and you have loads of options to vary the difficulty setting without watering down the challenge. Great game, but seems to be flying under everyone's radar.

Sabas

Banned
Just wondering; what games in the flash sale are worth buying (for Vita)? Own the Castlevana game already but interested in the other games on sale. Any suggestions would be most appreciated :).

I mean if you don't mind buying PSP titles the Rockstar bundle seems to be a good value, but there's nothing really exciting on sale for the Vita.

Man God

Non-Canon Member
Yeah, DG didn't do much either. Proper difficulty settings aren't for drpgs :p.

EO Untold 1/2 managed to do it pretty well. You've got Picnic which turns the game into something closer to DG and you have the other difficulty levels for more experienced sorts

RK128

I mean if you don't mind buying PSP titles the Rockstar bundle seems to be a good value, but there's nothing really exciting on sale for the Vita.

Own Warriors already, so getting the Rockstar deal seems a bit dumb :l. But I appreciate the help :D! Thank you Sabas for the advice :).

Benedict

Did they ever fix this on Vita? It had massive audio issues with crackling at launch.

Could somebody please answer this, I'm close to buying the Hatoful Boyfriend on Vita but this might be a big issue for me.
Price seems to be corrected now on the Swedish store.

wilflare

so my PS4 decided to reboot itself during database rebuild... and it seems like some of the games are getting mixed up... (e.g. Order 1886 is reflecting Sound Shapes as DLC...)

The PS4 also randomly powers ON and powers OFF. I bought this in 2014... time for servicing?

Is there anyway to backup and restore screenshots? There isn't anyway to restore them right?

deadfolk

Could somebody please answer this, I'm close to buying the Hatoful Boyfriend on Vita but this might be a big issue for me.

I never noticed an issue, but I have only played it for a few minutes. I can check again later today if that's any help.

Ah, okay. I'm not going to be much help then, as I would only be looking at the very beginning.

Checking to see what version you have might help some, as IIRC the release I played with the issue was the vanilla 1.00 version. If there's an update it might point to a fix.

deadfolk

Checking to see what version you have might help some, as IIRC the release I played with the issue was the vanilla 1.00 version. If there's an update it might point to a fix.

Seems I actually don't have it installed right now - thought I did. I'm downloading again to check. There is an update coming down with it, so that could include a performance fix.

deadfolk

Okay, there does seem to be some crackling. I played for maybe five minutes just now, and there have been a couple of times when there has been a crackling sound for maybe a second. So far it has seemed to be during scene transitions. Not sure if it gets worse later on, but if it stays at that level, I personally could live with it.

On the other hand, it's a visual novel with no recorded dialogue, so I doubt you would lose much by just turning off the audio.

Chuy

so my PS4 decided to reboot itself during database rebuild... and it seems like some of the games are getting mixed up... (e.g. Order 1886 is reflecting Sound Shapes as DLC...)

The PS4 also randomly powers ON and powers OFF. I bought this in 2014... time for servicing?

Is there anyway to backup and restore screenshots? There isn't anyway to restore them right?
Yeah sounds like it needs to be serviced. Although I think you could try rebuild the database and see if that fixes it. As for the screenshots you can move them to a USB or are you asking something else?

wilflare

Yeah sounds like it needs to be serviced. Although I think you could try rebuild the database and see if that fixes it. As for the screenshots you can move them to a USB or are you asking something else?

I tried rebuilding the database and it still seems like The Order 1886 runs on Sound Shapes DLC and Bloodbourne DLC...

Can I move the screenshoots to a USB and then move them back (and have them integrate nicely in the filesystem?)

is there a 2TB SSHD yet

autoduelist

anyone know of a good english starter guide to SoSC? Specifically, tips on team builds, etc? Also, anything we need to know if going for the plat.

Chuy

I tried rebuilding the database and it still seems like The Order 1886 runs on Sound Shapes DLC and Bloodbourne DLC...

Can I move the screenshoots to a USB and then move them back (and have them integrate nicely in the filesystem?)

is there a 2TB SSHD yet
After searching about it the answer seems to be a nope about screenshots. Also I don't think 2tb SSHDs have hit the market yet could be wrong on that.

Auctopus

xI0AWPE.jpg

Most likely fake (has all the tells) but thought it was worth posting. Could be leading to a Watch_Dogs 2 announcement.

incpdo

I played the demo on vita and it was shit. They shouldn't released this demo in that state.

It is the same that the first Phantasy Star Nova demo, it was so shitty, so when the third demo (and the final game) came out, everyone was avoiding the game like the plague.
Thats a shame im really enjoying kiwami on the vita and plays perfectly well. Nothing like this. Im really looking forward to play this on a vita so km expecting at least some improvements in the final game

maouvin

I played the demo on vita and it was shit. They shouldn't released this demo in that state.

It is the same that the first Phantasy Star Nova demo, it was so shitty, so when the third demo (and the final game) came out, everyone was avoiding the game like the plague.

Hm? Vita demo is out already?

Clive

Seems y'all lucky Europeans can now buy Severed on PSN. You may have to search for it though. 14.99 Euro is apparently the price. What are you waiting for?

Clive

The Vita is stealing all my money this year.

The way I see it, PS4 and 3DS games will become cheaper with time in most cases and easy to track down in the future. Vita releases will likely have more limited prints and few stores even carry them these days. Chances of them becoming rare is much bigger. Other consoles will have to wait while I play my Vita. Looking forward to getting this one.

Xenoflare

I played the demo on PS4 and it was shit. They shouldn't released this demo in that state.

I saw the stream of that and it was pretty much unacceptable.

Sadly my fears with it's "open world" nature has been proven true.

The original ran so well on the vita because it has MH esque maps where a small portion is opened up each time.

autoduelist

I just Played 2 hours of it. Spoiler: it's great.

I don't even know what to do. Stranger of Sword City, Severed, Uncharted 4, and Alienation are like nuclear direct hits on my wallet, and that's skipping over another 5 or so games I really want. I can get them all, but where do I get the time to actually play them?

Massa

Tomorrow.
I just Played 2 hours of it. Spoiler: it's great.

Yay, looking forward to another hit from Drinkbox. They've only made great games so far.

I don't even know what to do. Stranger of Sword City, Severed, Uncharted 4, and Alienation are like nuclear direct hits on my wallet, and that's skipping over another 5 or so games I really want. I can get them all, but where do I get the time to actually play them?

Exactly! I'm so glad Mirror's Edge was delayed to June.

Finished Day of the tentacle and teslagrad yesterday, great games. Just bought Assassin's Creed and Severed and are looking forward to both of them.. this year have been great this far :D

How long/big are Axiom Verge and unEpic, is it easy to get lost?

Clive

Finished Day of the tentacle and teslagrad yesterday, great games. Just bought Assassin's Creed and Severed and are looking forward to both of them.. this year have been great this far :D

How long/big are Axiom Verge and unEpic, is it easy to get lost?

Axiom Verge is a Metroid-style game so a core mechanic is that you will reach dead ends which you need some ability or weapon to pass so it's not impossible that you will feel like you've gotten lost a few times. Search around a bit and you will find your way though, like with other games in the genre. When you do get stuck, which I imagine you will, use the first
touch screen ability
you get on a
small puddle of pink liquid
. I have no idea how you were supposed to figure that one out yourself so I suggest reading it even if someone could see it as a teeny, tiny spoiler.

Haven't played Unepic.

Thought we had another stealth release creep up on us when I saw "Grand Theft Auto PS Vita Collection" on the store but it seems there are now just bundles of GTA and Rockstar PSP games.

Axiom Verge is a Metroid-style game so a core mechanic is that you will reach dead ends which you need some ability or weapon to pass so it's not impossible that you will feel like you've gotten lost a few times. Search around a bit and you will find your way though, like with other games in the genre. When you do get stuck, which I imagine you will, use the first
touch screen ability
you get on a
small puddle of pink liquid
. I have no idea how you were supposed to figure that one out yourself so I suggest reading it even if someone could see it as a teeny, tiny spoiler.

Haven't played Unepic.

Ok, thank you. I don't think I have a problem with backtracking if the world isn't too big. Would you say it's a 6-10 or 11-20 hour game?

Edit: I had no problem with Batman, but I had to drop knyt underground because it got to big.

Clive

Ok, thank you. I don't think I have a problem with backtracking if the world isn't too big. Would you say it's a 6-10 or 11-20 hour game?

Edit: I had no problem with Batman, but I had to drop knyt underground because it got to big.

I think my playtime was ~11 hours for a non-completionist run while still finding a good part of the hidden upgrades. I searched hard for the minor spoilers in the first post for probably over an hour though.

Saphirax

EU PS blog doesn't list SoSC as coming out this week. Can't tell if they simply forgot again or the game got delayed for some reason.

Edit:

The physical release is on track for the 29th, but the digital release is TBC, which is why we haven’t mentioned it in this post.

I love EU PSN.

Top Bottom