• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PlayStation Network Thread | April 2016

Here's a kind of dumb question

Does PS4 automatically sync trophies every now and then? I don't think there's a setting for it and it's hard to tell if it does or not.

RK128

Hello guys :D. Happy Friday everyone and I hope we all have great weekends :). Also read the comments about my earlier posts in the thread; thank you all for understanding. I need to stop being so reactive and not take video games so seriously sometimes. And thank you for the suggestions about calming down too! Very helpful and will keep that in mind going forward :D.

Also Zero, maybe you could add the release dates of Legends 2 (4/5) and Axiom Verge (4/19) in the OP? I think those were announced after you made the OP.....which is really damn funny XD! Great reference :').

Here's a kind of dumb question

Does PS4 automatically sync trophies every now and then? I don't think there's a setting for it and it's hard to tell if it does or not.

I thinks its tied to settings of you console, so maybe when you was using settings for setting up PS+ on your PS4, you activated it somehow. Hope this helps!

Ce-G7nLUkAA4fdB.jpg

Can't confirm if true but some people said they got 2 months of free PSN+ when buying this.

That is such a lazy avatar :l. Love it though; so stupid its amazing :').

What are my chances of having a month of PlayStation Now reversed? I just got an email stating I've been billed a few minutes ago. I tried the 7 day trial and thought I had until the end of today to cancel.

RK128

Yes!!! I'm in for this I need skullgirls physical I love this game.
I'm also in for megaman legends 2 is by far one of my favorite games from the megaman series

Playing Legends 1 right now on my Vita to hype myself for Legends 2 on Tuseday :D! Such a nice surprise :).

Might decide to cover the Legends series via retrospective if I put enough time into Legends 1 this weekend, with thread covering all three games popping up next week. Not sure if I'm going to do this or not, but might be a fun idea :).

Three games is a lot less compared to the 50+ games Sonic has or the 10-12 games Ratchet & Clank have XD!

kng3025

Playing Legends 1 right now on my Vita to hype myself for Legends 2 on Tuseday :D! Such a nice surprise :).

Might decide to cover the Legends series via retrospective if I put enough time into Legends 1 this weekend, with thread covering all three games popping up next week. Not sure if I'm going to do this or not, but might be a fun idea :).

Three games is a lot less compared to the 50+ games Sonic has or the 10-12 games Ratchet & Clank have XD!

Was it confirmed for next Tuesday?

RK128

Was it confirmed for next Tuesday?

Yes, for NA PSN, it was confirmed that it was releasing on PSN alongside the PS+ titles and other games :).

Don't know what the hang up is with the MM and Capcom PS1 games for EU though :l.

kng3025

Yes, for NA PSN, it was confirmed that it was releasing on PSN alongside the PS+ titles and other games :).

Don't know what the hang up is with the MM and Capcom PS1 games for EU though :l.

Niiiiice! Enjoying MML1 right now so glad to know I can jump right into two after I'm done.

2+2=5

The Amiga Brotherhood
Totally OT but is it a coincidence that the persona 4 main character looks exactly like cyborg 004(the first from the left)?
P4characters.jpg
Cyborg-009-The-Cyborg-Soldier-Poster.png

I've never played an Arc the Lad game

Is Twilight of the Spirits worth grabbing on PS4? I want to try a PS2 game on it and it's on sale.

yaffi

Is Twilight of the Spirits worth grabbing on PS4? I want to try a PS2 game on it and it's on sale.

I played the original PS2 version and found it awfully mediocre and boring. I gave up at the final boss because I think something unfair happened; can't remember what though.

I remember that you need to grind a lot since you suffer from being underlevelled the entire game.

autoduelist

Trillion second look ---

Not loving it as much as I thought I would. It's very much a 'training' game, in that you train up a character, trying to balance what you train and how you spend it, and occasionally going into combat. You have many characters, and some will die, and you'll carry over a bunch of stuff to the next character. Then, if you beat the game, you carry some stuff over to your ng+. In that way, you get more and more powerful over time, unlocking character events [often with multiple endings], etc.

My issue is that I really want the game to be a) harder, and b) focus more on combat. The way the game is set up feels more like 'inevitable' than 'challenge'.

In theory, I really like the the idea of the training multiple characters to beat bosses, but I wish the training was the dungeons. In this game, every time you train it's just a quick cutscene and you're done [no minigame, nothing]. every 5 days you can enter a single level dungeon that's mostly for gear. Basically, it's more trainer sim than dungeon sim. I would have preferred the opposite, where you enter big dungeons and were rewarded for going deep... instead, it's just a super quick dungeon here or there.

That said, I think if someone likes unlocking character events and doesn't mind a 'trainer' sim with limited combat it's really well done.

Oh well. I'm still enjoying it, mostly, it just isn't as awesome as I want it to be because it focuses on the wrong things for me.

I really enjoyed it, though I never finished it. It's a JRPG with SRPG style combat. Each character can free move a certain distance and each attack has a different zone of damage, with bonuses for positioning, teamwork, flanking etc.

The story follows a few different subplots that come together, and most people like quite a few of the characters.

I played the original PS2 version and found it awfully mediocre and boring. I gave up at the final boss because I think something unfair happened; can't remember what though.

I remember that you need to grind a lot since you suffer from being underlevelled the entire game.

Don't really agree with any of this, but to each their own. It engaged me more than most jrpgs.

autoduelist

But then I wonder when/where you stopped playing.

Fairly late in the game, I think? I don't see how that matters, I like rpgs for their combat systems and I certainly played long enough to know Arcs inside and out. That you found the final boss 'hard' doesn't bother me, because I'd prefer that. I usually hate jrpg plots, I found arcs fairly interesting [which is high praise from me]. i'll likely go back and beat it someday, but my late save is on ps2 and now I could play w/ trophies, so I'm in a bind.

Hikami

Wow, just realized I only posted once in the last thread. Really busy with college and got caught up in an mmo x.x my consoles are just gathering dust at the moment..

Just getting Dark Souls 3 this month and replaying Persona 4 later for like the 5th time. Can't get enough of that game.

yaffi

Fairly late in the game, I think? I don't see how that matters, I like rpgs for their combat systems and I certainly played long enough to know Arcs inside and out. That you found the final boss 'hard' doesn't bother me, because I'd prefer that. I usually hate jrpg plots, I found arcs fairly interesting [which is high praise from me]. i'll likely go back and beat it someday, but my late save is on ps2 and now I could play w/ trophies, so I'm in a bind.

I didn't intend to offend you with my question. I really just wanted to know how far you got into the game.

I certainly wouldn't've played that much if the game had been really bad. I just found it to be awfully mediocre compared to the rest of the PS2 JRPG library.

I would rank it a bit below Rogue Galaxy, the other PS2 JRPG on PS4. And I found that to be not really great either.

Prelude.

Not sure when it started but Marvelous is selling Corpse Party BD for €/£20 and it can be bought through Amazon as well.
Edit: Actually, it's €20 only on Amazon, it's €26 on their store.

SerTapTap

My PS+ is expiring soon and I'm not sure I really want to buy without a black friday ~$35 deal, do they tend to do those any other time of the year? And do I lose my saves if it expires and I re-sub later? The free games feel like less of a benefit when I have too much to play anyway

Takao

Banned
Within the first four months of 2016, Vita has seen Hitman, Xcom, Civilization and Assassin's Creed games. Too bad context makes that sound far less impressive.

RK128

Within the first four months of 2016, Vita has seen Hitman, Xcom, Civilization and Assassin's Creed games. Too bad context makes that sound far less impressive.

Still, those are major IP and its great the Vita got that much stuff within only four months :).

In other stuff, made a Mega Man Legends thread to celebrate the PSN Release (NA) of Legends 2 on Tuesday :D.

autoduelist

I didn't intend to offend you with my question. I really just wanted to know how far you got into the game.

I certainly wouldn't've played that much if the game had been really bad. I just found it to be awfully mediocre compared to the rest of the PS2 JRPG library.

I would rank it a bit below Rogue Galaxy, the other PS2 JRPG on PS4. And I found that to be not really great either.

Oh.. it's been awhile [like 2 years?] since I stopped playing it. I know I have met
the old lady witch that joins your team, and then that crazy young lady witch demon thing that joins your team, and played a decent amount of time with them.
I believe I backtracked to the second 'major' city in the primary protaganists story to clear the tournament which had some ridiculous amount of battles [99?] and burnt out.

I think Rogue Galaxy is better in many ways -- far more polished, really catchy concept [space western-ish], solid characters, cool crafting, lots of other stuff, but I've tried to play through RG 3 times and burn out fast each time [first time in first jungle doing the hunter marks, second time in prison, third time when I unlocked the 'factory' side project]. There's just too much that sets off my gaming OCD.

On the other hand, I really liked Arc's combat system in the same way I like TiTs and other jrpgs with a more strategic combat system.

I rarely finish jrpgs though. While I can beat wrgs, srpgs, dungeon crawlers, and roguelikes [nethack!, tome, many more] for some reason I bore and/or burn out during most jrpgs. I've played a bazillion, but can only really remember beating Skies of Arcadia, DQVIII, Chrono Trigger, Ni No Kuni, FXIII, various SMT games [not persona], and maybe a handful of others. Usually I get bored of the combat [and don't get engaged by the story] or get burned out on some minigame [like the factory in RG, or tournaments in Arc, or grinding skills, or clicking through text in most of them].

yaffi

I gave up with Rogue Galaxy when I unlocked those hunting/headhunter missions. To be honest RG is a typical Level 5 game. They just put too much stuff in their games.

I admit I start more JRPGs than I actually finish as well. Funnily I used to slog through bad games, like Time & Eternity.

I have neither finished Rogue Galaxy or Dark Chronicle. Played and enjoyed both (DC more than RG), but at some point there was just too much stuff and it becomes very exhausting.

I usually try to 100% games or at least get close and Level 5 makes that very, very difficult.

I mean, in its life Vita has had Assassin's Creed; Borderlands; Call of Duty; Dragon Quest; Final Fantasy; God of War; LilttleBigPlanet; Monster Hunter; Metal Gear Solid; Ratchet & Clank; Uncharted etc.

But again, with context, it's far less impressive than that.

ZeroAKA

Does anyone know when/where you can buy the Loud on Planet X soundtrack? I'm more interested in that than the game itself.

Saphirax

I have this 'issue' where most indie games coming to ps4/vita aren't the genres I like, but I'm always pleasantly surprised when a game I'd be interested in sneaks up on me.

Blues and Bullets looks appealing enough

It's described as an episodic alt-history noir game. No known release date, but trophies have popped up (and it has a plat!). Reviews seem mostly positive so far.

SerTapTap

I have neither finished Rogue Galaxy or Dark Chronicle. Played and enjoyed both (DC more than RG), but at some point there was just too much stuff and it becomes very exhausting.

I usually try to 100% games or at least get close and Level 5 makes that very, very difficult.

Hah, Dark Cloud 2 is brutal for 100%, especially since an entire dungeon
disappears after you clear it and you absolutely have to 100% it first if you want to. What's stupider is it's the goddamn final dungeon and IMO there's no excuse for "continuity" to remove gameplay features once you're in postgame like that. Even worse when the dungeon actually has an insane amount of things to do in it, it's no Final Fantasy non-revisitable dungeon with maybe one chest of note in it.

Great game, just don't try to 100% it.

Saphirax

Hah, Dark Cloud 2 is brutal for 100%, especially since an entire dungeon
disappears after you clear it and you absolutely have to 100% it first if you want to. What's stupider is it's the goddamn final dungeon and IMO there's no excuse for "continuity" to remove gameplay features once you're in postgame like that. Even worse when the dungeon actually has an insane amount of things to do in it, it's no Final Fantasy non-revisitable dungeon with maybe one chest of note in it.

Great game, just don't try to 100% it.

I loved DC2 when I first played it all those years ago, but I never got to finish it. I bought it again recently and attempted to see how annoying getting the platinum would be. I don't have a problem with missables, or having to repeat content, but what made me temporarily drop the game were the controls. Everything just feels so...clunky? I tried taking a picture of a monster's attack but after several attempts of struggling with the controls I just gave up. I'd either get hit with the attack or the camera controls would work against me.

SerTapTap

I still can't believe that I may very well be playing Mega Man Legends 2 tomorrow. Living the dream

I loved DC2 when I first played it all those years ago, but I never got to finish it. I bought it again recently and attempted to see how annoying getting the platinum would be. I don't have a problem with missables, or having to repeat content, but what made me temporarily drop the game were the controls. Everything just feels so...clunky? I tried taking a picture of a monster's attack but after several attempts of struggling with the controls I just gave up. I'd either get hit with the attack or the camera controls would work against me.

The controls are very..."PS2". They're pretty good for their time IMO but yeah, at it's best the PS2 is usually clunky with a few late exceptions like God of War (usually games with no camera controls).

IIRC you don't really have to take all that many pictures in dangerous situations though. I didn't hate the controls too much, but they were standard controls at the time.

Saphirax

I still can't believe that I may very well be playing Mega Man Legends 2 tomorrow. Living the dream

The controls are very..."PS2". They're pretty good for their time IMO but yeah, at it's best the PS2 is usually clunky with a few late exceptions like God of War (usually games with no camera controls).

IIRC you don't really have to take all that many pictures in dangerous situations though. I didn't hate the controls too much, but they were standard controls at the time.

If I recall correctly you have to take a picture of one monster's spinning attack. The problem is the monster only does that attack when you're close to it. Just trying to take that picture frustrated me beyond belief. Think I'll finish Rogue Galaxy first before getting back to DC2.

autoduelist

It's totally fine to overreact every now and again, that just means you're passionate about your hobby. But like I've been saying over people stressing out about Vita for the last 4 years, none of this shit is worth getting stressed over.

Truth.

But I'm too passionate about it, so going to dial-back on my interest in gaming and focus more on other stuff; will have to in the future anyway.

Still, sorry if I was bitter for the past few days/weeks.

RK128, I considered pm'ing you this, but since it's all already out there I'll just say it here. You "going to dial-back on your interest in gaming" is not the solution -- in fact, this is part of the problem. This happens again and again -- you overreact to a rumor, or someone's post, or whatever, and then, someone else posts trying to calm you down and you overreact in the other direction, pulling back, saying you need to leave for awhile, or otherwise tilting in the opposite direction.

The answer to overreaction is not then immediately running away. That's just being a yo yo in which both sides are both the pattern and the problem. You need to work on coping throughout the process, from beginning to end, and not swaying to every soft breeze. It isn't gaming, or this forum, that is the problem. It's that you need to work on yourself -- primarily, finding stability.

I feel like I'm totally stepping over bounds here, but I also feel this needs to be said. Life is harder than forum threads, and you need to be better prepared for it.

I mean, in its life Vita has had Assassin's Creed; Borderlands; Call of Duty; Dragon Quest; Final Fantasy; God of War; LilttleBigPlanet; Monster Hunter; Metal Gear Solid; Ratchet & Clank; Uncharted etc.

But again, with context, it's far less impressive than that.

What's the context? I'm loving all these releases.

RK128

RK128, I considered pm'ing you this, but since it's all already out there I'll just say it here. You "going to dial-back on your interest in gaming" is not the solution -- in fact, this is part of the problem. This happens again and again -- you overreact to a rumor, or someone's post, or whatever, and then, someone else posts trying to calm you down and you overreact in the other direction, pulling back, saying you need to leave for awhile, or otherwise tilting in the opposite direction.

The answer to overreaction is not then immediately running away. That's just being a yo yo in which both sides are both the pattern and the problem. You need to work on coping throughout the process, from beginning to end, and not swaying to every soft breeze. It isn't gaming, or this forum, that is the problem. It's that you need to work on yourself -- primarily, finding stability.

I feel like I'm totally stepping over bounds here, but I also feel this needs to be said. Life is harder than forum threads, and you need to be better prepared for it.

Wow.....I mean, I appreciate the comment but honestly don't know how to respond :l.

When it comes to dealing with life, I've faced a lot of stuff at home. In the LINE chat last year, I talked a bit about my life to you guys.....but will spill some stuff out here.

My mom is very ill and faces a lot of stuff every single day, my sister tries very hard in school despite consistently having bad luck, my family outside of my mom/sister/pets is more or less toxic to us and money wise.......its hard, more so with a job search that has been slapping my face for two years in a row with no work.

I can deal with shit to be frank. I just overreacted to gaming stuff far too often and it needs to stop. I AM stable. I AM healthy. And I CAN deal with shit.

Regarding the PS4K rumors, my outburst about a thread being closed, Sony ditching the Vita, me getting banned for a few weeks.......that was petty stuff and I was wrong to act out. Would say sorry.....but I said that enough already.

Thank you for the concern......but I'm fine. This is the LAST time I will go into detail about my life story and will not de-rail this community thread any further.

Please consider PM'ing me a comment like the one you made. I appreciate your points and they are good ones, but commenting on my stability was not called for man. Sorry if I'm coming off prickish or nasty but I had to share my real thoughts on your comment. I hope you understand, as you are a cool guy.

Life IS hard and I deal with it every day buddy.

.......See you all latter.

Got some volleyball game for Vita in the mail today they are not releasing in USA for some reason.

otWtDUZ.jpg

Sticker so messed up it looks like it traveled over an ocean.

Got a US PlayAsia coupon with it for $5 on a purchase over $60 expires May 5th 2016. PM me and I'll email you the code.

RK128

Got some volleyball game for Vita in the mail today they are not releasing in USA for some reason.

otWtDUZ.jpg

Sticker so messed up it looks like it traveled over an ocean.

Got a US PlayAsia coupon with it for $5 on a purchase over $60 expires May 5th 2016. PM me and I'll email you the code.

You're sure theirs no reason ;). I mean, I'm positive there are two big ones explaining why.....

To be serious, I hope you enjoy the game :).

RK128

"Portable games sucks and/or doesn't count"

Not that I give a damn, but people here are too much into semantics and "context".

In the same boat; enjoy seeing more western IP land on Vita across its life cycle :).

People not counting them as 'proper' games (which is ironic, considering almost all of them are ports) is a bit head scratching to be honest :l.

Ventara

Hey guys, how are Trillion God of Destruction and Aegis of Earth? I bought them because I was able to get them at a slight discount, but I don't think I have the time for them or even if they're good, so I'm thinking of returning them and picking them up down the line when they're cheap instead.

RK128

Hey guys, how are Trillion God of Destruction and Aegis of Earth? I bought them because I was able to get them at a slight discount, but I don't think I have the time for them or even if they're good, so I'm thinking of returning them and picking them up down the line when they're cheap instead.

I'm not sure about either game, but from the limited footage I saw on each title, can say the following. The former is a dungeon crawler that has you recruiting demons to help you out. Seems to be enjoyable and has a nice art style to it all. The latter game is a tower defense game on some levels, with your base getting better the more you invest into it.

Ventara

I'm not sure about either game, but from the limited footage I saw on each title, can say the following. The former is a dungeon crawler that has you recruiting demons to help you out. Seems to be enjoyable and has a nice art style to it all. The latter game is a tower defense game on some levels, with your base getting better the more you invest into it.

Just looked up some videos of the two and Aegis sounds like a really fun game, so I think I'll keep that. Trillion sounds like it's a bore, though, so I'll probably return that.

autoduelist

Life IS hard and I deal with it every day buddy.

i wouldn't have posted what I posted if I didn't think it needed to be said. We don't know what is inside your head, we can only see what you post.

I really enjoyed Aegis and plat'd it. I thought I'd really enjoy Trillion but didn't.

Prelude.

"Portable games sucks and/or doesn't count"

Not that I give a damn, but people here are too much into semantics and "context".
The context is that none of them are "real" chapters of their series. They're all mobile ports and a 2.5D loose spinoff.

RK128

i wouldn't have posted what I posted if I didn't think it needed to be said. We don't know what is inside your head, we can only see what you post.

Well, what I said is what I meant; I deal with stuff in my own life and I'm sorry if what I said was harsh or mean man.

I think it was cool of you to be nice to me, so I appreciate it :).

RK128

The context is that none of them are "real" chapters of their series. They're all mobile ports and a 2.5D loose spinoff.

To be fair though, Xcom and Civilization are really close mobile ports. And AC Chronicles is a DL game on consoles that got ported to PS Vita latter on.

Either way, its nice seeing those IP on the Vita and while its not 'big' titles, they might as well be big games to be honestly.

Edit: Speaking of AC Chronicles, its landing on PSN Tomorrow too!

Chesskid1

Banned
how long till we can make a vita collecting and appreciation thread

over the past month, i've gotten really into vita collecting. i don't know why, i just started playing danganronpa and fell in love, so i ordered the two sequels, then i saw someone selling ys celceta and trails of cold steel SEs for good prices and bought both of them, and it sort of just spiraled out of control. always loved the vita but i guess i'm now actively collecting it.

i just ordered 7 more games today.

hatsune miku 2nd for $17 off ebay, hot shots golf for $6, and gohastings was having a 50% off.you can get some sick deals with the right coupons there so it's def a site i'm going to be watching closely from now on.

GqVSkDm.png

really wish i started collecting earlier since i missed out on a ton of LEs but i think i'm ok without most of them (though i really wish i could get the danganronpa earlier LEs). not going for complete set i guess, just anything under $10 is a buy and games i want. i think i'm at about 30 games, all ordered this past month.

really cheap to collect for and the games are pretty damn great. i've never collected for a system before.

Top Bottom