• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PlayStation Network Thread | April 2016

ZeroAKA

I'm getting a copy of the soundtrack with my KS pledge. Dunno if it's going to be for sale separately.
I remember wanting to back the game but then forgetting about it. Hopefully they put the OST up for sale on Bandcamp like what a lot of indie devs have been doing recently.

At least the Lights acoustic album is being released on my birthday.

ryseing

I remember wanting to back the game but then forgetting about it. Hopefully they put the OST up for sale on Bandcamp like what a lot of indie devs have been doing recently.

At least the Lights acoustic album is being released on my birthday.

Completely forgot about this. Excited again.

Depending on how they dole out the DL codes I'd be more than happy to help you out if they don't put it up for sale.

711HQOo.jpg

PieceFall PS4 - PieceFall is not 3D Tetris as screenshots would lead you to believe. It is a very relaxed puzzle game of fitting in the pieces to complete the hole. Great value at $2.50.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qxqNoWaALqk

jYrqhaP.jpg

No Time to Explain PS4 - A platformer where you jump with your gun. This game seems like something that was never finished from a demo jam. Everything is rough and ugly with some of the most annoying sounds ever. Difficulty spikes all over the place where it alternates between boring to stupid hard. Way too expensive at $15.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=78J4L4DOU5g

7cQgnpu.jpg

GryphonKnight Epic PS4 -This is a vertical shooter that is a blast and has a bit of depth to it. Upgrades and bosses are fun. Difficulty is just right without being too hard like these games usually are now. Music and art is awesome. Good deal at $9.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0iVxrfiWPq0

[NO IMAGE AVAILABLE]
Dead or Alive Xtreme 3 Venus Vita - It is not as pervy as I thought it would be but also not as fun to play the minigames as I thought it would be. The "games" are mostly hit prompted button games with the exception of the volleyball which is fun but not worth the $50. I would not recommend this game unless you are into what this game is selling.

Watch me stumble around confused for 30 minutes playing this game here:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IpruJ3Dig_s

XN7AmgP.jpg

Doom Beta PS4 - The awesome speed and art of classic Doom/Quake games is here but unfortunately so is terrible modern game design of weapon unlocks, progression, disposable cards, and fixed loadouts instead of classic weapon pickups. I will maybe pick it up if they offer a classic Quake 3 style multiplayer option.

RK128

XN7AmgP.jpg

Doom Beta PS4 - The awesome speed and art of classic Doom/Quake games is here but unfortunately so is terrible modern game design of weapon unlocks, progression, disposable cards, and fixed loadouts instead of classic weapon pickups. I will maybe pick it up if they offer a classic Quake 3 style multiplayer option.

Shame to hear that Doom suffers from Modern Gaming issues :(. Glad to hear its fast and frantic like the older games though :D! Was hoping it would nail that :).

Shame to hear that Doom suffers from Modern Gaming issues :(. Glad to hear its fast and frantic like the older games though :D! Was hoping it would nail that :).

Yeah I admit I had fun with it but it seems to be a missed opportunity to be different by being old school instead of trying to be like every multiplayer shooter these days.

Zhao_Yun

Not sure when it started but Marvelous is selling Corpse Party BD for €/£20 and it can be bought through Amazon as well.
Edit: Actually, it's €20 only on Amazon, it's €26 on their store.

Kinda tempted, but I haven't played any of the other Corpse Party titles yet, so I don't even know whether I'll like the series enough to eventually play BD.

"Portable games sucks and/or doesn't count"

Not that I give a damn, but people here are too much into semantics and "context".

The context is that none of them are "real" chapters of their series. They're all mobile ports and a 2.5D loose spinoff.

I don't know why I still get surprised when people jump straight to the aggressive posting straight away. Sigh. At least Prelude gets it.

Anyway, I wasn't saying anything about the quality of the games or whether they 'count', I was making the point that if you draw a list up it looks like Vita has gotten a load of game-changing stuff, but when you start looking at each individual title you realise nearly all of it is super-late ports of HD collections; multi-plats with the PS4 version being the lead or mmo spin-offs.

Which is great if you're a fan of the console. Like me, I've bought nearly all of the western-releases of those franchises. Doesn't do much to entice in new owners though.

blahness

Got my $5 copy of Toukiden Kiwami Vita that I ordered from Gamestop today and it turns out they sent me a japanese copy of Toukiden: The Age of Demons. :-( I doubt any store around me has a copy that I can exchange it with.

Takao

Banned
Only SIEA and Capcom could release a PSone Classic in 2016 and have it not compatible with anything other than PS3.

RK128

Only SIEA and Capcom could release a PSone Classic in 2016 and have it not compatible with anything other than PS3.

We don't know that yet; if anything it could just be a typo or something. The PS Blog lists Legends 2 as a PS1 Classic, and every recent PS1 Classic works across PSP/PS3/Vita.

Will be getting Legends 2 regardless of its Vita compatibility or not, so will let you guys know if it pops up in my download list :).

yaffi

Hm, so there might be the possibility of a 250€ PS4 at Saturn (Germany) starting tomorrow. I missed the 220€ one at Amazon yesterday, so maybe I should bite this time.

I have two factor authentication on my Paypal account. If I link it to my PSN account, will PSN freak out or ban me? I hate how they removed the ability to log into Paypal from PSN. I heard they can ban you or something if it doesn't go through, so I wanted to make sure first.

RK128

While initally upset with Legends 2 not being playable on Vita, its amazing just to finally play the game for the first time :).

Its such a jump from the original regarding music, presentation and controls, and while I love the original a lot, its great seeing the sequel improve a lot over the original Legends.

Going to make a Retrospective on Legends 2 after I wrap up the Sonic Retrospective, so hope you all look forward to it :).

incpdo

While initally upset with Legends 2 not being playable on Vita, its amazing just to finally play the game for the first time :).

Its such a jump from the original regarding music, presentation and controls, and while I love the original a lot, its great seeing the sequel improve a lot over the original Legends.

Going to make a Retrospective on Legends 2 after I wrap up the Sonic Retrospective, so hope you all look forward to it :).
Not playable even by transference? BTW somebody knows what is skullgirls real size because I doubt is 4.5 GB on vita

Takao

Banned
Search for Mega Man:
CfT_-iNXIAA2RiQ.jpg

SIEA has been incompetent enough to put stuff that is incompatible with Vita on the Vita store before, so anyone that owns MML2 want to confirm it works?

incpdo

Search for Mega Man:
CfT_-iNXIAA2RiQ.jpg

SIEA has been incompetent enough to put stuff that is incompatible with Vita on the Vita store before, so anyone that owns MML2 want to confirm it works?
Such a fine discovery I'm downloading the game to my Vita now. Ill let you know if it works
Edit:
Whoever wants to play megaman legends 2 on Vita has to search the game using the full name on the psn store then buy it from there .
It works !!!!!!
Takao you made my day man

RK128

Search for Mega Man:
CfT_-iNXIAA2RiQ.jpg

Thank you for sharing this man :D!

Runs great on Vita and I can't wait to play this on the go :).

Clive

What? People overreacted to something before the store was fully up? Perish the thought!

Capcom pretty much announced that it was only for the PS3. There was good reason for concern. Anyway, problem solved, game downloaded.

Takao

Banned
What? People overreacted to something before the store was fully up? Perish the thought!

Capcom, the publisher behind one of the small handful of PS3-only PSone Classics, neglected to mention any platform outside of PS3 in their announcement for MML2's digital launch. The store page for the game only mentions PS3 in its licensing agreement and is still only marked for that platform in its left hand bar. I wouldn't give either party the benefit of the doubt on this.

RK128

Capcom, the publisher behind one of the small handful of PS3-only PSone Classics, neglected to mention any platform outside of PS3 in their announcement for MML2's digital launch. The store page for the game only mentions PS3 in its licensing agreement and is still only marked for that platform in its left hand bar. I wouldn't give either party the benefit of the doubt on this.

I agree; Capcom and Sony are pone to make mistakes with PS1 Classic launches. Remember the launch of Legends 1 PSN in North America had PSP listed as a system but stated it wouldn't work in press announcements. Then people tried running the game on PSP and BAM, it worked.

So, its understandable to be more cautious with Capcom/Sony announcements. If I overreacted to this news, it was foolish of me.

I was about to say that it is compatible with Vita
and if it wasn't, then you can blame Sony's magical un-updated PSP blocklist on non-Japanese regions

Then I noticed that the Rockman DASH/2 games that went on sale a while ago were the PSP versions, not the PS1 Archive version.

The PS1 version is not even on the JP store.

Benedict

I agree; Capcom and Sony are pone to make mistakes with PS1 Classic launches. Remember the launch of Legends 1 PSN in North America had PSP listed as a system but stated it wouldn't work in press announcements. Then people tried running the game on PSP and BAM, it worked.

So, its understandable to be more cautious with Capcom/Sony announcements. If I overreacted to this news, it was foolish of me.
Legends or Tron Bonne is still not available in Europe.

Zhao_Yun

Used the Wake-up club app for the first time these days, since my normal alarm clock (my phone) broke. It's actually a neat little app.

Legends or Tron Bonne is still not available in Europe.

Are any Megaman games available in Europe? I think possibly just Maverick Hunter.

We used to be able to laud something over US PSN in that at least we have Breath of Fire III. Now they have that and a load of Megaman games and we have nothing. Not even BoF IV :(

Both the PS4 firmware (now 3.50) and PSVita firmware (now 3.60) have been updated.

Anything new in the 3.60 update or is it just stability fixes?

Edit: I watched the animated DS3 video last night, which made me watch the short Soul Sacrifice animation again and this made me realize how much I love the first game (never finished Delta). I know that it wasn't for everyone but to me Soul Sacrifice is the best game in the Vita's library and one of my favourite games of all time.
In a perfect world it would have had a proper big budget sequel (more animations for each monster and more stages, magic and more lore).

I got my first PS4 platinum trophy tonight, it was Infamous Second Son, what a great game. How's the First Light DLC, if anyones play it?
If you Platinum'd Second Son, you will enjoy First Light. Especially if you liked the neon abilities, there are some improvements made in the powers/abilities.

No changelog, and I haven't seen anything new yet - so I assume the latter.

Are there any chances of them dropping Vita remoteplay in the future?

-------------------------------------

We still don't have PSNow here in sweden and now that they have made Asura's Wrath available I really wanna play it, so.. when?!

Top Bottom