• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PlayStation Network Thread | April 2016

Highly unlikely

How big do you think the chance is that they'll add new control schemes to V RP, It couldn't be that hard as PSNow apparently already have it?

TOTPvitaR: XCOM is finally out, get it!

If you missed great smaller games like The Swapper, The Swindle, Super Meat Boy, Hohokum, Flame Over, Velocity 2X, Hotline Miami 2, Don't Starve, and Olliolli 2, you should check them out.

If you like strategy games you could take a look at: Frozen Synapse Prime, Tokyo Twilight Ghost Hunters, Lost Dimension, Civ Rev 2 and Natural Doctrine.

If adventure games are your cup of tea you can't go wrong with games like Day of the Tentacle, Grim Fandango, broken Age, Danganronpa and Virtues Last Reward.

Last but not least, if you like high speed action games, Soul Sacrifice Delta is all you ever need.

shasRI7.jpg

NekoBuro - Cats Block Vita - This is a fun little Tetris style puzzler that does something new with match 3. Great art. The sound is terrible with monotonous music and obnoxious sound effects. Great on mute.

sickJJc.jpg

Maliya Vita - A Spanish card game that I think is like Bridge but after trying hard, I was never able to understand it. Ugly and the interface is terrible. Avoid it and play Bridge on your phone instead.

Qu2k8s5.jpg

Super Blast Deluxe Vita - Super Blast Deluxe is like the barrel sections of Donkey Kong Country made into an entire game. It is amazing how they keep it interesting. Great looking game and is perfect for Vita.

RK128

shasRI7.jpg

NekoBuro - Cats Block Vita - This is a fun little Tetris style puzzler that does something new with match 3. Great art. The sound is terrible with monotonous music and obnoxious sound effects. Great on mute.

Qu2k8s5.jpg

Super Blast Deluxe Vita - Super Blast Deluxe is like the barrel sections of Donkey Kong Country made into an entire game. It is amazing how they keep it interesting. Great looking game and is perfect for Vita.

Wow, those two look like really fun games :D!

Thank you for the heads up on the title games FriedConsole :). Might give them a look in the future. Super Blast Deluxe has my interest in particular, as I am very interested in how they take the barrel mechanic from DKC and make it a full game.

SerTapTap

PS4 remoteplay on PC is about as great as expected though I only had 10 minutes to test this morning.

XN7AmgP.jpg

Doom Beta PS4 - The awesome speed and art of classic Doom/Quake games is here but unfortunately so is terrible modern game design of weapon unlocks, progression, disposable cards, and fixed loadouts instead of classic weapon pickups. I will maybe pick it up if they offer a classic Quake 3 style multiplayer option.

I've scarcely heard a thing that encourages me about this game since they put color back into it. A shame. Hopefully the campaign is awesome, then I'd forgive/totally ignore the multiplayer but I dunno at this point. All the focus on multi so far has me thinking it's not meant to be a singleplayer game

I Wanna Be The Guy

U-S-A! U-S-A! U-S-A!
Remote play is broken for me now. Even when I use it in the same room as the PS4 it can't handle it super lag, poor quality and the connection drops quickly. I used to be able to use this perfectly from any room in the house. Now it doesn't even function in the same room as the PS4.

PS4 remoteplay on PC is about as great as expected though I only had 10 minutes to test this morning.
Good to know. I want to use this but not enough to upgrade off of Windows 7.

I've scarcely heard a thing that encourages me about this game since they put color back into it. A shame. Hopefully the campaign is awesome, then I'd forgive/totally ignore the multiplayer but I dunno at this point. All the focus on multi so far has me thinking it's not meant to be a singleplayer game

Yeah it weirdly looks and feels more like Quake than Doom. They probably should have focused on either multiplayer or single player because I predicting both to be meh.

autoduelist

I got my first PS4 platinum trophy tonight, it was Infamous Second Son, what a great game. How's the First Light DLC, if anyones play it?

Many people liked it more?

Basically, you're getting a shorter story, but there is a fully developed 'arena' style game built into the main game which, in my opinion, was straight up awesome. Think huge room built specifically for combat training, lots of challenges, increasing waves, etc. If you don't mind the lack of 'story' in this sort of wave combat, the combat itself is superior in design to that found in story missions.

Definitely worth picking up, and will be another plat.

shasRI7.jpg

Have you figured out what determines a SS score on a level? Or what ends a level? Is it time or score or both? I've been having fun with it, I just haven't figured out what I should be aiming for to get SS ranks.

Have you figured out what determines a SS score on a level? Or what ends a level? Is it time or score or both? I've been having fun with it, I just haven't figured out what I should be aiming for to get SS ranks.

I think it is time? To tell you the truth sometimes I don't understand the objective. Like in my screenshot I think I have to remove 20 of each color? Not sure.

maouvin

I think it is time? To tell you the truth sometimes I don't understand the objective. Like in my screenshot I think I have to remove 20 of each color? Not sure.

iirc for better rank you need to do it quick and use special items (the ones you get by filling the "special bar" and equipping/using with L/R). Or maybe it's just time, and the special items help on that by clearing more blocks.

For clearing stages it's what Fried said - clear the number of blocks displayed on the lower right. Some missions require you to use a specific special item a set number of times too.

iirc for better rank you need to do it quick and use special items (the ones you get by filling the "special bar" and equipping/using with L/R). Or maybe it's just time, and the special items help on that by clearing more blocks.

For clearing stages it's what Fried said - clear the number of blocks displayed on the lower right. Some missions require you to use a specific special item a set number of times too.

Good info. NekoBuro has quickly becoming my goto busy game replacing Fat Princess: Piece of Cake because the servers seem to be permanently down now. It didn't even last 1 year before servers stopped working.

First Light is great. I actually liked it much more than Second Son.

Many people liked it more?

Basically, you're getting a shorter story, but there is a fully developed 'arena' style game built into the main game which, in my opinion, was straight up awesome. Think huge room built specifically for combat training, lots of challenges, increasing waves, etc. If you don't mind the lack of 'story' in this sort of wave combat, the combat itself is superior in design to that found in story missions.

Definitely worth picking up, and will be another plat.

Awesome, can't wait to play it now.

L.O.R.D

i can't add more then $150 to my wallet,i heard this happen to child account.
i created this account 6 years ago,it's not suppose to be child by default,how i know?

also can i switch to master account?

i can't add more then $150 to my wallet,i heard this happen to child account.
i created this account 6 years ago,it's not suppose to be child by default,how i know?

also can i switch to master account?
you can never add more than 150 to your wallet

Powwa

So no physical release for AoT Vita. I assume KT going only digital for Vita releases from now on if AoT is digital only. Oh well it didn't look too promising anyway.

So, I have almost 2 bucks in my PSN wallet and I'm looking for feedback on Rainbow Six. It's a tactical shooter or something, isn't it? Is it good?

Where? I'd love one that size for that much.

Whoops I got confused. Too early in the morning. I just ordered a Sony SD card. I am a dumbass.

So, I have almost 2 bucks in my PSN wallet and I'm looking for feedback on Rainbow Six. It's a tactical shooter or something, isn't it? Is it good?

The PS3 versions or PSP? The PS3 Rainbow Six games are dated and I wouldn't bother. I tried playing one a couple years ago for the first time.

SerTapTap

I got Valkyrie Drive, are there any guides on how to play? I can beat enemies up but I have to wonder if there's any more elaborate controls I'm missing

So no physical release for AoT Vita. I assume KT going only digital for Vita releases from now on if AoT is digital only. Oh well it didn't look too promising anyway.

Might as well quote what I put on reddit about this:

So, I know they're different companies and all, but Bandai-Namco EU manage a physical release of every one of their anime-IP games lately (one Piece; J-Stars; Sword Art Online - though I suspect Gundam will buck that trend), yet Koei-Tecmo are bringing the extremely popular Attack on Titan game across and it gets digital only.

If this comes down to the "Toukiden Kiwami didn't sell well enough" argument then I'm gonna be really miffed.

As long as I can import from Asia, though, I guess that'll mitigate the damage a little.

Powwa

Yes I can understand not bringing Atelier as physical because it's a niche product, but AoT is supposed to be a popular brand right?

On other news Digimon Cyber Sleuth is really awesome. I love the art style, music and graphics. I know they play differently but it makes me excited for Next Order as well.

Honestly don't understand why they don't at least talk to whoever it is that's making the Asian English physical releases for Bamco, because clearly there's a big enough market that every single one of their releases gets physical there. I mean surely creating even a few thousand physical copies and possibly charging a bit more for them over digital would be a more worthwhile endeavor than porting something like fucking Arslan to PC, just to see it bomb.

Top Bottom