• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PlayStation Network Thread | January 2016

ZeroAKA

pHNJmca.png

The PlayStation Network Thread is a monthly discussion thread for everything related to PlayStation systems, with a focus on PSN games and updates.

JHNpXIO.png

January 5
  • Amplitude (PS4)
  • Hardware Rivals (PS4)
  • Volume (Vita)
January 12
  • Assassin’s Creed Chronicles: India (PS4)
  • Gone Home (PS4)
  • Tharsis (PS4)
  • The Banner Saga (PS4)
January 19
  • Atelier Escha & Logy Plus: Alchemists of the Dusk Sky (Vita)
  • Heroes Reborn: Gemini (PS4)
  • Resident Evil 0 (PS4, PS3)
  • Stardust Vanguards (PS4)
  • The Deadly Tower of Monsters (PS4)
January 26
  • Civilization Revolution 2 Plus (Vita)
  • Lego Marvel’s Avengers (PS4, PS3, Vita)
  • The Witness (PS4)
  • Constructor HD (PS4)
  • Sebastien Loeb Rally Evo (PS4)
  • This War of Mine: The Little Ones (PS4)
Check the PS Blog “Store Update” posts for full details on weekly releases and sales (NA/EU).
See a more comprehensive list of future releases at PSNStores.

qyRR4lM.png

Free games for PlayStation Plus subscribers this month:
  • Dragon Age: Origins (PS3)
  • Grim Fandango Remastered (PS4, Vita)
  • Hardware Rivals (PS4)
  • Legends of War: Patton (PSP?)
  • Medal of Honor: Warfighter (PS3)
  • Nihilumbra (Vita)

WQhwkXV.png

• There is now a VitaGAF PS4 community for everyone here who wants to play PS4 games together, discuss the Vita, or do anything else really. Please message me, KB, or Kudo on GAF/Twitter/Line/PSN (AbstractChaos) with your GAF username and PSN ID at some point before or after you request an invite.
  • Quote to view and add yourself to the PSNGAF friend list (hidden behind email tags).
  • PM me to get an invite to the VitaGAF Line group.
Please post in this thread or PM me if you have any suggestions to improve this OP!

Sorry for the delay, and happy new year!

OGfrcgT.png

RK128

Happy new year everyone :D!

Made it to the top of the Wall of Shame again XD! Guess a new years resolution of mine could be to post more frequently to hit 200 posts :).

Hope we all had a great 2015 and that 2016 will be even better! It looks to be a fantastic year for gaming and I'm hopeful my dream games (Crash Bandicoot Returns, Sonic 25th Anniversary) end up being announced and are fantastic :').

Darius physical and maybe DQB this month.

Gonna finish up my Suiko2 play through and beat steins gate. Maybe finish up my edf normal play through, too.

Xenoflare

Ahaha I actually made it to the wall of shame.

Well here's to a great new year.

And finally God Eater 2 is coming this year. I thought it would never have

Happy new year, and happy new thread to everyone!

Been making progress through Demon Gaze, I hope to finish that up this week. Not sure if I'll move on to one of the other DRPGs or one of the JRPGs in my backlog after that. Time will tell, I guess.

kadotsu

Banned
Any guesses on The Witness' pricepoint? I'm thinking somewhere between $30-40. Also that list misses Atelier Escha & Logy Plus.

Hello new thread!

Busy month for me. Deemo import from Asia and Trails of Cold Steel on the 29th for us smelly Europeans. And Atelier import if VG+ get any stock!

2+2=5

The Amiga Brotherhood
Happy new year and thread! :D

About Steins;Gate, does it have some kind of mechanism to choose the path you want to see(like VLR) or you are forced to replay the entire game to see a different ending?

Speaking of 2016, this chart is fulfilling itself slowly but steadily.

Now that Sen 1 is out of the way, let's announce that Tokyo Xanadu, XSEED.
I think it would be good to see in the op this image(or its link) and the link to the upcoming games thread.

Prelude.

About Steins;Gate, does it have some kind of mechanism to choose the path you want to see(like VLR) or you are forced to replay the entire game to see a different ending?
Every time you start a new chapter the game saves automatically so you can start from the most ideal spot but yeah, everything is on the same path, it's not really branching.

I think it would be good to see in the op this image(or its link) and the link to the upcoming games thread.
That list gets updated pretty often so it'd be better to just link the twitter profile where it gets posted.

2+2=5

The Amiga Brotherhood
Every time you start a new chapter the game saves automatically so you can start from the most ideal spot but yeah, everything is on the same path, it's not really branching.

That list gets updated pretty often so it'd be better to just link the twitter profile where it gets posted.

Replaying a single or few more chapters isn't a big deal i guess(or at least not as big as replaying the entire game).

Replaying a single or few more chapters isn't a big deal i guess(or at least not as big as replaying the entire game).

You don't even really have to replay it. On text you've already seen, you can hold O, I think it is, and it'll rapidly skip through the text.

Prelude.

You don't even really have to replay it. On text you've already seen, you can hold O, I think it is, and it'll rapidly skip through the text.
On the default control scheme it's start. R is force skip, which skips also unread text, Start is the skip you should use.

kevin1025

Banned
Any guesses on The Witness' pricepoint? I'm thinking somewhere between $30-40. Also that list misses Atelier Escha & Logy Plus.

I was going to guess $19.99-29.99, but maybe it will be more! I hope the longer development time isn't the cause of a high price, and it has a load of content. I wonder if more puzzles were added, or if it had all been extra polishing and perfecting.

I'm picking up Amplitude and The Banner Saga this month! The Witness will be my wait and see game.

Hikami

Most likely getting Deemo this month and then just waiting on a sale for amplitude. Besides that, it's backlog month for me. Didn't get to play as much as I wanted to during December since I've been busy moving.

18-Volt

Speaking of 2016, this chart is fulfilling itself slowly but steadily.

Now that Sen 1 is out of the way, let's announce that Tokyo Xanadu, XSEED.

I expect Tokyo Xanadu localization to take some time. I predict a september - october release date.

XSEED's next 2 announcements should be Net High and Valkyrie Drive Bhikkhuni. They'll probably skip Luminous Arc Inifinity and move on to Uppers, Corpse Party 3DS and other Falcom games.

Rosur

Looking forward to The Witness finally rest of the month will be spent completing old games and getting a platinum or 2 on that note is there a place on here for organising for those annoying online/ co-opp trophies?

I'm so excited for this new year. I'm itching to play more than ever aha! What's the next "big" Vita release in your calendars everyone?

Interested in Amplitude (altough I heard the music isn't very good) and The Witness (although I still have no idea what the game really is), but with the games coming out in Feb and March, I might just wait on a sale on those. But I got Deemo pre-ordered.

RK128

I'm so excited for this new year. I'm itching to play more than ever aha! What's the next "big" Vita release in your calendars everyone?

Nothing for me this month; just playing through the Plus games coming out, my massive backlog and a few games I got during the holiday sales I put down for a bit (in trying to finish up Summon Night 5 for the review, which I aim to have complete by Monday).

Got a lot of stuff to play this month, so I feel good knowing I don't have to buy a thing for a while :).

Going to get Digimon CS for sure next month though :D!

Nothing for me this month; just playing through the Plus games coming out, my massive backlog and a few games I got during the holiday sales I put down for a bit (in trying to finish up Summon Night 5 for the review, which I aim to have complete by Monday).

Got a lot of stuff to play this month, so I feel good knowing I don't have to buy a thing for a while :).

Going to get Digimon CS for sure next month though :D!

I think I'm the same way. Digimon opens the month of February quite nicely. The crazy onslaught of games begins with that one too, after the 2nd of that month it's non-stop.

RK128

I think I'm the same way. Digimon opens the month of February quite nicely. The crazy onslaught of games begins with that one too, after the 2nd of that month it's non-stop.

Not owning a PS4 helps a lot in this case :); no pressure to get a lot of releases at launch XD!

Will get the following before August lands though:
-Trails of Cold Steel 1 & 2
-Dangronmpa Series (1, 2, AE)
-SK:EV
-Neptuina Rebirth 3
-Azure of Night (when it comes out on Vita)
-Axiom Verge
-Shantae Half Genie Hero (if it comes out on Vita before August)

I expect Tokyo Xanadu localization to take some time. I predict a september - october release date.

XSEED's next 2 announcements should be Net High and Valkyrie Drive Bhikkhuni. They'll probably skip Luminous Arc Inifinity and move on to Uppers, Corpse Party 3DS and other Falcom games.

Yep, it looks like Luminous Arc has gone, which is a shame because it seemed pretty fun.

Uppers is going to be interesting to watch. I'm really, really interested after seeing the screenshots and knowing it's developed by the team behind Kenka Bancho. I'd be really gutted if it didn't come west. We already had Ukiyo no Roushi slip through the cracks - I'll have to make Hero Must Die & Uppers the targets of my "how can we get these games localized?" postings if they don't get announced soon after launch :p

maouvin

Happy new year, PSNGAF!

Only Amplitude this month (I backed) - need to save the monies for Feb and beyond.
It'll hurt, but will be awesome.

I have been waiting so long for the witness!

I will also get Volume, Gone Home, This War of Mine and Maybe Civ Rev 2. Will absolutely get The Banner Saga when it comes to the Vita.

Edit:and a happy new year ;)

Xenoflare

Hey VitaGAF I got a question.

I'm playing Trails of Cold Steel and it's one hell of a battery hog, that I know and I've seen reports from others having the same experience, but it's so bad that when I play it while plugged in it goes from charged (green) to charging (orange). Does anyone else experienced that before?

I kinda knows how theoretically it can happen but am I hurting the battery really badly? (The current the Vita uses is higher than the USB can provide)

RK128

I'm playing Trails of Cold Steel and it's one hell of a battery hog, that I know and I've seen reports from others having the same experience, but it's so bad that when I play it while plugged in it goes from charged (green) to charging (orange). Does anyone else experienced that before?

I kinda knows how theoretically it can happen but am I hurting the battery really badly? (The current the Vita uses is higher than the USB can provide)

Here are a few tricks to make the battery drain less intensive:
-Lower the Brightness level to the lowest possible level
-Have nothing else open and turn off Wifi
-Play the game when the Battery is Green

I feel that your battery itself is glitching out, not that the game is sponging power though. Older Vita Models (1000) have this issue and I faced with it a few times. The best way to get rid of it is the following:
-Use the Vita until its completely dead, then wait for a few hours (6-12), then charge it full
-Re-Build the Database and re-boot your Vita
-Make sure to use brand new cables when charging or if they are torn up, use Electric Tape to path up the exposed spots

Hope this helps out somehow :).

Because this is a new thread I have to repeat how much I'm looking forward to next week (when my Vita 1000 L2/R2 grip arrives)!

I'll report back with impressions when I have it in my hands.

The games that I'm looking forward to try the most is Witcher 3, transistor and Wasteland 2.

VLiberty

Vita has a green PS light? Wut

I've fully charged it a million times and I never noticed a green light. Is it something they added on the 2000 model?

Oh, happy new year Vitagaf!

Is anyone else having difficulty with using 'X' to loot items in Fallout 4 via Via Remote Play? It isn't working for me. Using the x button in different situations does work.

Xenoflare

Here are a few tricks to make the battery drain less intensive:
-Lower the Brightness level to the lowest possible level
-Have nothing else open and turn off Wifi
-Play the game when the Battery is Green

I feel that your battery itself is glitching out, not that the game is sponging power though. Older Vita Models (1000) have this issue and I faced with it a few times. The best way to get rid of it is the following:
-Use the Vita until its completely dead, then wait for a few hours (6-12), then charge it full
-Re-Build the Database and re-boot your Vita
-Make sure to use brand new cables when charging or if they are torn up, use Electric Tape to path up the exposed spots

Hope this helps out somehow :).

Thanks, I'll see what I can do. Although I know the science behind it..... Cold steel is the first game that does that. I've played other games while plugged in and it's the only game that drains the battery even when charging. It does charge fully but it will drain to the point where it's charging again. It's trippy o_O

Vita has a green PS light? Wut

I've fully charged it a million times and I never noticed a green light. Is it something they added on the 2000 model?

Oh, happy new year Vitagaf!

Yes the 2000 has a green light

Kudo

Happy New Year to all!
Gonna spend this month finishing games I started last month, Gravity Rush and Bloodborne The Old Hunters Edition.

pariah164

Happy New Year, VitaGAF!

Too bad my time will more than likely be dedicated to Fire Emblem Fates this year.

autoduelist

Because this is a new thread I have to repeat how much I'm looking forward to next week (when my Vita 1000 L2/R2 grip arrives)!

I'll report back with impressions when I have it in my hands.

The games that I'm looking forward to try the most is Witcher 3, transistor and Wasteland 2.

How much did it cost? I'm curious what it would set me back to import one to NA.

Still playing Brandish, a bit of Growlanser Wot (backburnered, may stop), Nuclear Throne.

My wife game me one of those minitablet things and i've been playing mobile trash since xmas. I'm semi-addicted to trying out new games on it, but honestly, with one notable exception it's all been time wasting trash so far. I definitely miss 'meatier' vita games [and buttons]... thankfully, i have backlog calling to me.

Hansel?

Neo Member
Sorry if this isn't the best place for this, but I have no idea where else to go. Psn support forums don't really have my answer and I'm hoping someone here can simply answer if psn is simply undergoing maintenance in my region... I can't log in to my ps3 as of about 7pm or pacific time (I'm on the west coast), and usually I just say whatever and buy my stuff on the website, but even there it tells me acces denied and that I don't have permission to the server... And the weirdest thing that happens is on my phone I get the same thing when connected to wi-fi yet once I switch to data LTE, I'm in no problem to anything psn related... Anybody know what's going on? Again, I normally shrug connection problems off but this is the first time my internet can't get onto anything psn related...

Top Bottom