• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PlayStation Network Thread | January 2016

Sorry if this isn't the best place for this, but I have no idea where else to go. Psn support forums don't really have my answer and I'm hoping someone here can simply answer if psn is simply undergoing maintenance in my region... I can't log in to my ps3 as of about 7pm or pacific time (I'm on the west coast), and usually I just say whatever and buy my stuff on the website, but even there it tells me acces denied and that I don't have permission to the server... And the weirdest thing that happens is on my phone I get the same thing when connected to wi-fi yet once I switch to data LTE, I'm in no problem to anything psn related... Anybody know what's going on? Again, I normally shrug connection problems off but this is the first time my internet can't get onto anything psn related...

Sounds like an ISP or routing issue to me, especially if switching to a new network (LTE) fixes the issue. I'd try changing your DNS to a free one, and/or rebooting your router.

If neither of those work, you'll have to wait until someone in the pipeline (be it your ISP, DNS, or PSN server cluster) fixes the issue on their end.

---

On another note, my January PSVita preview video is now live; https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IwBzdFDBNLw

How much did it cost? I'm curious what it would set me back to import one to NA.

Still playing Brandish, a bit of Growlanser Wot (backburnered, may stop), Nuclear Throne.

My wife game me one of those minitablet things and i've been playing mobile trash since xmas. I'm semi-addicted to trying out new games on it, but honestly, with one notable exception it's all been time wasting trash so far. I definitely miss 'meatier' vita games [and buttons]... thankfully, i have backlog calling to me.

L2/R2 GRIP EUR~36.42
Shipping(to Sweden) EUR~18.58

Total US$ 60.39 EUR~55.00

(don't know yet if I'll have to pay for toll(?))

Hansel?

Neo Member
Sounds like an ISP or routing issue to me, especially if switching to a new network (LTE) fixes the issue. I'd try changing your DNS to a free one, and/or rebooting your router.

If neither of those work, you'll have to wait until someone in the pipeline (be it your ISP, DNS, or PSN server cluster) fixes the issue on their end.

---

On another note, my January PSVita preview video is now live; https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IwBzdFDBNLw

Thanks, but I guess this would explain it lol (i'm in WA)

http://downdetector.com/status/playstation-network/map/

Prelude.

Ok thanks :)
I'm actually watching the anime, how faithful it is?
Don't watch the anime before. It's not nearly as good and it's gonna ruin the twists.
It's relatively faithful, though, it covers only the true ending and skips some of the more "shocking" scenes.

I Wanna Be The Guy

U-S-A! U-S-A! U-S-A!
So I was just about to complete Titan Souls on Vita. Then the game crashed on the final boss and the file is corrupt. Fuck this shit. This game is too frustrating to go through all that again.

Takao

Banned
Also how much space does the digital version take up?

The Japanese version took 1.5GB.

Anyone from asia that can verify that post, if they confirmed it's in english in the comments, etc.?
This should be their facebook page but it's region locked and asian proxies are failing me at the moment.

Also, I don't use facebook so I'm not completely sure. Is it Bamco Asia that shared and "commented" on that geek culture article? And Game Start Asia?

They don't respond to people on Facebook or Twitter.

BN Asia shared this article (the site is based in Singapore and is an affiliate of Game Start Asia, so despite the identical dates, they're not talking about the EU release) on their timeline and added, "Yes people... We are bringing Digimon Story Cybersleuth to fans in Southeast Asia! Available on both physical and digital on #PS4 #PSV."

This guy on Reddit backs up Asian English physical release on Vita.

2+2=5

The Amiga Brotherhood
Was this known?
image.jpg

In addition to the full price(19.99) and the sale price(14.99) it also shows the last sale price(11.99)

Closing out games I got this year mostly through PS+ and flash sales.

F2SzD6R.jpg

Galak-Z: The Dimensional PS4 - This game is awesome. Roguelike space shooter. Non twin stick shooter controls that take a while to get use to. Great fun when you master it. Only complaints is that it is too harsh on mistakes. It is hard to feel progression because you carry very little from run to run. Great music and art. GOTY list for me on this. Get it.

Wm57Xfr.jpg

Lost Orbit PS4 - This game is just navigating your dude to the end of the level and collecting gems. Great looking game but is totally boring. Controls well but it is just boring levels after boring levels. I kept waiting for it to get interesting but it never does. Skip it.

swtToct.jpg

Goat Simulator PS4 - I knew I probably wouldn't like it as I don't like these types of games. I gave it 15 minutes. Nope.

Prelude.

Was this known?
image.jpg

In addition to the full price(19.99) and the sale price(14.99) it also shows the last sale price(11.99)
It's new to me. Surprisingly pro-customer from Sony.

They don't respond to people on Facebook or Twitter.

BN Asia shared this article (the site is based in Singapore and is an affiliate of Game Start Asia, so despite the identical dates, they're not talking about the EU release) on their timeline and added, "Yes people... We are bringing Digimon Story Cybersleuth to fans in Southeast Asia! Available on both physical and digital on #PS4 #PSV."

This guy on Reddit backs up Asian English physical release on Vita.

Alright, it's looking good, hope that guy isn't making shit up for the sake of it.

"Finished" Lost Dimension last night. Absolutely loved it. Not too long; SRPG gameplay was simple enough for me to get to grips with but enough nuance that I always felt "I could do this better next time" etc.

Sadly story wasn't altogether there, but I hear that's expanded on in NG+. Would definitely recommend it if you can get it for a good price.

Moving onto Sorcery Saga now. Gonna give it one last chance before I trade it in. Having spend the last hour with it though... ugh. This game is unbelievably dull (I have played it before btw, I've spent about 20 hours total with it I think).

"Finished" Lost Dimension last night. Absolutely loved it. Not too long; SRPG gameplay was simple enough for me to get to grips with but enough nuance that I always felt "I could do this better next time" etc.

Sadly story wasn't altogether there, but I hear that's expanded on in NG+. Would definitely recommend it if you can get it for a good price.

Moving onto Sorcery Saga now. Gonna give it one last chance before I trade it in. Having spend the last hour with it though... ugh. This game is unbelievably dull (I have played it before btw, I've spent about 20 hours total with it I think).
I've been looking for LD copies but it's still full price everywhere. I think I'll pick it up when it's <20€ on PSN. Sounds pretty cool.

And yeah Sorcery Saga doesn't get better. Sold my copy myself.

yaffi

Game's cute and the characters are quite loveable, but the gameplay itself is not very fun.

Ok, now I have a list of (around 50) Vita games that I look forward to and another 28 JP games that I want to get localized ;)

Civilization Revolution 2
World of Final Fantasy
Severed 
To leave 
Liege 
Jenny leclue
Read only memories
Cosmic star heroine 
Danganronpa Another Episode
Oddworld: New n tasty 
Darkest dungeon 
The Banner Saga
Zodiac
Salt & Sanctuary
Ascension: Chronicle of the God Slayer
Starlight tactics
Y2K
Volume
Day of the tentacle (mars)
Pavilion
Digimon Cybersleuth
Trails of Cold Steel 1-2
Trillion: God of Destruction (Makai Shin Trillion)
Ray Gigant
Gods Eater Resurrection
Gods eater 2: Rage Burst
Ikenie To Yuki No Setsuna 
Assassin's Creed Chronicles
Uncanny Valley*
Shakedown Hawaii*
Hitman Go
Full Throttle Remastered
God Wars
Root Letter
Demon Gaze 2*
Stranger of Sword City*
Aegis of Earth: Protonovus Assault*
Atelier Escha & Logy Plus*
Letter Quest: Grimm's Journey Remastered*
Lumo*
Sword Art Online: Hollow Realization
Kick off revival*
Dex
Randal
Forma8
One Piece: Burning Blood
Elroy & the Aliens*
Children of Morta
Siralim
Iconoclasts
Attack on Titan
Odin Sphere: Leifdrasir
Hue*
Crypt of the Necrodancer
Zero Escape Volume 3: Zero Time Dilemma
Crossing Souls
Slain
Ronin
Action Hank
Back in 1995
Four Sided Fantasy
Spider: Rite of the Shrouded Moon
Strength of the Sword Ultimate
Imagination is the Only Escape
Chroma Squad
Project Light
Roundabout
Outpost 13
Moon Hunters
Steamworld Heist
Klaus
Alone With You
Ascension: Chronicle of the God Slayer
VA-11 HALL-A: Cyberpunk Bartender Action
Attractio
Papers, Please 
Aztez
Energy Hook
Rainbow Skies
Samurai gunn
Soul Saga Ep.1
One Way Trip
Project Phoenix*
Twilight Struggle
Mighty No. 9
Risk of Rain*
Inner City Kids
Rain World
Death Tales*
Time spinner*
Collectems

*maybe

Games that I want to get localized

Steins;Gate 0
Tokyo ghoul
SaGA 2015 
Punchline
Yoru no Nai Kuni 
Net High
Tokyo xanadu
World End eclipse
Grand Kingdom
Hero must die
Exist archive
Psycho Pass Mandatory Happiness
Eve: Burst Error R
Atelier Shallie Plus
Wizardry: Labyrinth of Lost Souls
Yu-No
City Shrouded in Shadow
Danganronpa V3
13 Sentinels: Aegis Rim
Toukiden 2
Coven and Labyrinth of Refrain
Summon Night 6: Lost Borders
Digimon World: Next Order
Dragon Quest Builders
Crows: Burning Edge
Utawareruno: False Mask
Chaos;Child
Ys 8
Super Hero Generation

I have a good feeling about this year!

18-Volt

Wonder when can we expect next batch of localization announcements. Every localizing publisher is running out of releases (All of them just 2 upcoming releases) but I expect them to go crazy just like last year. NISA usually have announcements around march but XSEED and Atlus announcements can come any moment.

I just want someone to pick up Spike's games as soon as possible, Grand Kingdom, Exist Archive and most importantly Mystery Chronicle. I've played One Way Heroics on Steam and it's crazy fun. It's "re-imagination" Mystery Chronicle could be my new favorite Vita game.

RK128

Considering Bamco is bring over their own franchises again (God Eater), I would imagine that Summon Night 6 is a 2017 game for the west on PS4 and Vita (that is getting a Vita version, right?).

Cincaid

Really hope we get Dark Cloud 2 this month, I got way too excited for my own good when they revealed the PS2 emulation and that DC2 got a rating a month in advance.

I also hope they don't trickle out the games too slow, the PS2 library have way too many good games that needs to be released. Hell, 10 games a week should be the target, not 1-2 games every 2 weeks like it has been...

Any good source on planned releases for the PS2 emulation, or are the news just released a day or two in advance like "surprise!"?

2+2=5

The Amiga Brotherhood
Damn, terraria is a great game but it crashes often and yesterday wasn't able to load my world, i was in hard mode with almost the entire map uncovered :mad:
At least the character remained so i could start a new world keeping my powerful equipment.

I just want someone to pick up Spike's games as soon as possible, Grand Kingdom, Exist Archive and most importantly Mystery Chronicle. I've played One Way Heroics on Steam and it's crazy fun. It's "re-imagination" Mystery Chronicle could be my new favorite Vita game.

I still feel like you're going to be getting your hopes up only to be disappointed with these. Exist Archive I could see happening; Grand Kingdom I'm iffy on and Mystery Chronicle I don't see happening. PS4 SKU's will help both of them I guess but I don't see either really having any overseas appeal.

As for time for announcements - NISA will have their Feb/Mar press conference again, although my worry this year is that they'll just be announcing a load of PC ports which would be massively disappointing. Equally disappointing would be if they announced they're becoming Kadokawa's overseas publisher and so have picked up God Wars & Root Letter - not that there's anything wrong with those games, they're just not surprises at this point.

(I could see Yomawari being announced though - they could probably get it out for Halloween, which would probably be a smart move. Sadly my most anticipated NIS game - Hero Must Die - will have only just released in Japan, so I doubt will be announced).

XSEED will probably go for E3 again - worked well for them last year, and they already have a couple of games to fill up the first part of the year (Estival Versus; Nitroplus). So I'd guess they'll just have a blowout again, hopefully with Tokyo Xanadu and Uppers in there.

Atlus and Aksys is anyone's guess. They just tend to do what they want. Same with IFI.

edit: Oh, and Koei-Tecmo just announce stuff whenever too.

cammy84

Just finished off Joe Danger on the Vita which was a lot of fun aside from a couple of levels that had glitches (loop not placing correctly on one level and a terrible hit box on another).

Now about to start Entwined as I start to work through my Vita Backlog and i hear it is a short game

Benedict

Just finished off Joe Danger on the Vita which was a lot of fun aside from a couple of levels that had glitches (loop not placing correctly on one level and a terrible hit box on another).

Now about to start Entwined as I start to work through my Vita Backlog and i hear it is a short game

I got cramps in my hands playing Entwined. Such an awful awful game...

cammy84

it's happening to me aswell. A very strange game that I'll probably just finish the main story (not really a story to it but it's very short) then delete it and forget about it.

Probably playing unfinished swan after this as I've not heard alot about it only again that it is a short experience which is perfect for me working through my backlog at the minute

VLiberty

Yup. Just skip it altogether. It's a bland boring game to begin with, the Vita sticks(maybe it's just poorly optimized for them) make it even worse.

RK128

Yes, Summon Night 6 is coming to Vita.

Quiet in here today.

Thank you for the answer :).

I have a feeling that is going to be a 2017 game on PS4/Vita as the game is releasing sometime next year in JP and Bamco already has a packed release line up:
-God Eater Resurrection
-God Eater 2: Rage Burst
-Sword Art Online: Hollow Realization
-Gundam Vs.
-One Piece Burning Blood
-Ray Giant (being localized by another publisher)
-Digimon Cyber Slueth

That is more then enough releases to make NA/EU gamers happy for a year, so 2017 could be focused on Digimon World Order, the next SAO game, Summon Night 6 and others.

Sondar

I'm jealous, my copy imported from Canada is still in Germany(?!?!?!?!? I'm in Italy!)

My copy from VGP is also in Germany. But so am I :p

DHL probably routes everything through Germany because it's easier.

At least you have tracking on yours. Who knows where mine is :(.
I'll just keep telling myself it'll be this week.

Mine hasn't arrived either, dispatched 16 December to the UK, though that's only about 11 working days when you take out the holidays. On average it's about 14 days from VG+ to the UK, so fingers crossed it arrives safely.

I have a feeling that is going to be a 2017 game on PS4/Vita as the game is releasing sometime next year in JP and Bamco already has a packed release line up:
-God Eater Resurrection
-Gundam Vs.
-One Piece Burning Blood
-Digimon Cyber Slueth

I am so looking forward to each one of these games.

RK128

Personally really interested in Digimon and SAO Hollow Realization but I want to get the God Eater games and Gundam Vs. due to them looking interesting and to give Bamco some support for localizing those games :).

Ray Giant is one I really want too, mainly from the amazing battle animations all those gifs of the game show off :D.

18-Volt

-God Eater Resurrection
-Gundam Vs.
-One Piece Burning Blood
-Digimon Cyber Slueth

That is more then enough releases to make NA/EU gamers happy for a year, so 2017 could be focused on Digimon World Order, the next SAO game, Summon Night 6 and others.

Most of those titles are first half/summer games, Ray Gigant even isn't coming directly from Namco. I expect Namco's Fall/Winter lineup to include Tales of Berseria, Tekken 7, Ace Combat 8, City Shrouded in Shadows and Crows Burning Edge (trademarked in west). Both Digimon's and Summon Night's chances depend on sales of prequels. I'm pretty sure Digimon will surpass Namco's expectations and they have already trademarked Summon Night 6's subtitle in the west. I'm hoping for late 2016 release but I'm okay with early 2017.

Regardless, Namco will be my favorite publisher of 2016.

Only interesting game for me on the Bamco list is Digimon. Meh.

You guys are missing so much ignoring God Eater.

RK128

Most of those titles are first half/summer games, Ray Gigant even isn't coming directly from Namco. I expect Namco's Fall/Winter lineup to include Tales of Berseria, Tekken 7, Ace Combat 8, City Shrouded in Shadows and Crows Burning Edge (trademarked in west). Both Digimon's and Summon Night's chances depend on sales of prequels. I'm pretty sure Digimon will surpass Namco's expectations and they have already trademarked Summon Night 6's subtitle in the west. I'm hoping for late 2016 release but I'm okay with early 2017.

Regardless, Namco will be my favorite publisher of 2016.

I agree with you :). I feel this list will be the likely release line up:
-Feb: Digimon CS
-March: Project X Zone 2
-April: Ray Giant, Nartuo Ninja Storm 3
-May: God Eater Resurrection
-June: One Piece Burning Blood
-July: God Eater 2: Rage Burst, Gundam Vs.
-August: Ace Combat 8, Tekken 7
-Sep: Sword Art Online Hollow Realization, Crows Burning Edge
-Oct: Tales of Berseria
-Nov: Summon Night 6 (Maybe; otherwise Spring 2017 Title) or City Shrouded in Shadows
-Feb/March 2017: Digimon New Order

....The fact I really want all of these games is making my wallet cry a bit :'(.

Reset

People describe it as a fast paced Monster Hunter game. I have never been a huge fan of these monster hunter clones/copies. I hate Monster Hunter and found Freedom Wars to be "ok" at first but it becomes boring later on. Soul Sacrifice was the only that I liked, but even that ended up leaving a bad taste since I had to grind on the same bosses over and over again later on.

The only way I see myself purchasing God Eater is if it goes on sale for $5 like Freedom Wars. Maybe if there's a demo, I'll give try. But I'm not expecting much from a Hunting game.

RK128

Excited for these. Though aside from maybe SAO, I'll probably wait til they're on sale.

I might be in the same boat too; between getting a PS4 down the line and paying for college tests, my gaming budget is going to be a bit tight next year XD!

Still getting SAO and Digimon close to launch though :).

RK128

Due to playing Summon Night 5, I really like the series :). With the upcoming one looking so impressive (more characters in the field, larger world to explore, amazing visuals, ect), gotta get that whenever it comes over :).

18-Volt

People describe it as a fast paced Monster Hunter game. I have never been a huge fan of these monster hunter clones/copies. I hate Monster Hunter and found Freedom Wars to be "ok" at first but it becomes boring later on. Soul Sacrifice was the only that I liked, but even that ended up leaving a bad taste since I had to grind on the same bosses over and over again later on.

The only way I see myself purchasing God Eater is if it goes on sale for $5 like Freedom Wars. Maybe if there's a demo, I'll give try. But I'm not expecting much from a Hunting game.

If you liked Soul Sacrifice but hated its grinding parts, you're gonna love God Eater. It's a story-driven game, it has the least amount of grinding.

Top Bottom