• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PlayStation Network Thread | July 2016

Ephidel

unfortunately, UMD production halted without warning and made that impossible.
With UMD production discontinued
But... but... Class of Heroes 3 :(

(I'm ignoring the PS Store on PSP closed thing after it. That doesn't mean anything, games are still able to be released for PSP and transferred to it, and as we know a lot of the work is already done there's probably a pretty good chance it will still come out. I was just hoping for another physical release)

Edit: I should have said, I think it's pretty cool that they've finished off the port as a labour of love.

http://vblank.com/20160719.php
rcrdx_ps4_psp_2016_crop.jpg
]

PSP version will be out in EU next week.

Kind of a dick move after the shit everyone went through for the initial release on PS4 imo.

Takao

Banned
But... but... Class of Heroes 3 :(

(I'm ignoring the PS Store on PSP closed thing after it. That doesn't mean anything, games are still able to be released for PSP and transferred to it, and as we know a lot of the work is already done there's probably a pretty good chance it will still come out. I was just hoping for another physical release)

Edit: I should have said, I think it's pretty cool that they've finished off the port as a labour of love.

I wouldn't be surprised if that only referred to the plant doing UMD replication for North America. Vic is crazy enough that he might get the Japanese plant to do it.

kevin1025

Banned
Well, thanks for pushing the TV & Video to the front of my PS4's main menu every single time some shitty TV app I'll never ever use is updated, Sony.

I have two TV & Video icons on my PS4 list after not booting it up for a few weeks. I don't know what is happening anymore!

It works really well. There's fast-travel, too. It has a few minor technical issues and the difficulty can be a bit inconsistent, but I'm having a blast with it.

Thanks, that sounds great!

The more I read about Root Letter the less I want it. Oh well, at least S;G 0 is supposedly good.

Really? It's the opposite with me. I kinda wanted it before because I'm happy playing nearly any VN on Vita, but the more I read about it the more I want it lol.

Saphirax

Thanks, that sounds great!

Really? It's the opposite with me. I kinda wanted it before because I'm happy playing nearly any VN on Vita, but the more I read about it the more I want it lol.

Game is 10 hours long. Has like 1 music track for 90% of the game and the story is ridiculous(ly bad). Apparently it goes nowhere and a lot of locations in the game are pointless :/.

I was looking forward to it, but now I'll wait until goes on sale.

Game is 10 hours long. Has like 1 music track for 90% of the game and the story is ridiculous(ly bad). Apparently it goes nowhere and a lot of locations in the game are pointless :/.

I assumed it was just a straight up VN, but all the investigative and deductive work you have to do seems really interesting.

I also really like the setting (anything with small-town Japan and countryside really appeals to me, see: Fuuraiki 3). I've also read that the protagonist is a Hououin Kyouma-esque delusional idiot and that's the kind of thing that I really enjoyed.

Different strokes for different folks I guess. I'm not expecting it to be a Steins;Gate masterpiece but I think I'll enjoy it.

Ambitious

When you install a game, there's a progress bar at the bottom of its tile in the PS4's main menu. I don't understand why the very same progress bar isn't used to show the progress of game updates.

Yeeeesh. Well thanks I guess, that was easier than I thought.

autoduelist

I don't get it? I have no love for VNs but why absolutely trash a game if you haven't even played it? Maybe the review you read was wrong?

Saphirax

I don't get it? I have no love for VNs but why absolutely trash a game if you haven't even played it? Maybe the review you read was wrong?

It was more than one review. It's a VN - the story is important. I haven't played the game true, but when more than a dozen people mention the story is bad...that's enough to make me hesitate about buying it day 1 or at all.

2+2=5

The Amiga Brotherhood
how do you know that's not just a 40 minute game
If it's good and properly priced i wouldn't complain
too much
The reason i bought and never uninstall the capcom classic collections from my vita is exactly for those 40 minutes beat'em ups like final fight.

This looks like a good psm vita game
Nah, imo it looks more like a good indie game.

Quick Gal*Gun impressions. Didn't know if I should post here or in Vita thread but whatever.

+ So far, writing/localization seems good (and there's actually quite a bit of text), which bodes well for PQube's future VN projects
+ genuinely funny sometimes
+ Pretty good artwork/CGs
+ High quality JP VAs (Ekoro is Hitomi from DOA <3<3<3)
+ Gameplay is simple but fun rail shooter, every stage has a good number of hidden things to find (you have to zoom with R1 to look through objects) and there are different story routes which are connected to a stat system which I have yet to figure out. Replayability seems decent

- low res textures on PS4, likely a Vita up-port
- Gameplay scenes are not subtitled, which is a shame, but I guess the game was not programmed to support that and it would have been too much work to implement.
- Same as above there are a number of Kanji/Kana during gameplay which remain untranslated, like girls shouting characters at you as attacks.

Having fun so far!

Pics

Li Kao

So uh, any chance of a flash sale this week-end ?
I think I'm in the mood to play on Vita again, and it's usually a very bad omen for my budget.

If I don't change plans (as if), I think I really need to finally play Atelier Meruru and finish the Arland trilogy. There will still be the bonus content from Rorona to play and I will be able to start the Dusk trilogy.

RK128

Quick Gal*Gun impressions. Didn't know if I should post here or in Vita thread but whatever.

+ So far, writing/localization seems good (and there's actually quite a bit of text), which bodes well for PQube's future VN projects
+ genuinely funny sometimes
+ Pretty good artwork/CGs
+ High quality JP VAs (Ekoro is Hitomi from DOA <3<3<3)
+ Gameplay is simple but fun rail shooter, every stage has a good number of hidden things to find (you have to zoom with R1 to look through objects) and there are different story routes which are connected to a stat system which I have yet to figure out. Replayability seems decent

- low res textures on PS4, likely a Vita up-port
- Gameplay scenes are not subtitled, which is a shame, but I guess the game was not programmed to support that and it would have been too much work to implement.
- Same as above there are a number of Kanji/Kana during gameplay which remain untranslated, like girls shouting characters at you as attacks.

Having fun so far!

Pics

My impressions line up with yours honestly. The game is solid and I like what I played of it so far. Was honestly impressed with writing and story; was very charming! The light gun gameplay was a lot of fun and the different paths ensure replay value will be present.

So uh, any chance of a flash sale this week-end ?
I think I'm in the mood to play on Vita again, and it's usually a very bad omen for my budget.

If I don't change plans (as if), I think I really need to finally play Atelier Meruru and finish the Arland trilogy. There will still be the bonus content from Rorona to play and I will be able to start the Dusk trilogy.

Wasn't there one last weekend? But anyway, there is one this week

https://store.playstation.com/#!/en-us/flash-sale/cid=STORE-MSF77008-TITLEFLASHSALEG

Here's the list of deals

Battleborn

enjoy

Yeah I didn't follow PSN deals closely these last few months and I think I missed a huge one recently. I'm jelly.

Imo last weeks was pretty weak, you didn't miss that much. TLOUR was 8 bucks but I don't remember anything else noteworthy
Thanks for the heads up! Likely won't get anything from it, but nice to see some games get good prices :).

It's literally just Battleborn lol

ei7Vn30.png

RK128

Imo last weeks was pretty weak, you didn't miss that much. TLOUR was 8 bucks but I don't remember anything else noteworthy

It's literally just Battleborn lol

ei7Vn30.png

Only Battleborn on sale? Um....okay, but not really what I was looking for :l. Nice people can get that on sale for a lower price now :).

I'm sure there will be at least one person who had a nagging interest in Battleborn, especially since Overwatch is so much fun, but didn't want to pay full price for the game. Then this sale came along, and the perfect opportunity was presented.

I'm not that person - but they are out there, somewhere.

That's not a normal flash sale anyway, that was last week. This is just 2K scrambling to get any money out of Battleborn before it becomes completely irrelevant.

The game on disc was already <10€ in Germany.

I thought it already was irrelevant. I was thinking this sale was the one before they go to a F2P model.

Ventara

Hey guys, is Tearaway PS4 worth it if you already have the Vita version? Like, does it have lots of new stuff, or is it basically the same? Saw it for $10, but not sure.

ryseing

Hey guys, is Tearaway PS4 worth it if you already have the Vita version? Like, does it have lots of new stuff, or is it basically the same? Saw it for $10, but not sure.

Vita version is better. PS4 has new stuff but it's not all that great. For $10 tho you could do worse.

Shizuka

What are the big Vita releases in August? All I can think of is Project Diva X and that's barely August, almost September. I'm getting ROM: Read-Only Memories, but I was thinking of retail titles.

What are the big Vita releases in August? All I can think of is Project Diva X and that's barely August, almost September. I'm getting ROM: Read-Only Memories, but I was thinking of retail titles.
Gal Gun! :p

But yeah, there's not a lot coming out until the end of August, for any platform.

August 30th also has God Eater 2 and Attack on Titan.

August is good to save some money for September

August is a pretty light month, but then there's September which has a Vita game I want every week.

Sept 6th: Trails of Cold Steel II (Is this the official date?)
Sept 13th: Psycho-Pass: Mandatory Happiness
Sept 16th: Valkyrie Drive: Bhikkhuni (Friday release?)
Sept 20th: Criminal Girls 2: Party Favors
Sept 27th: Shantae: Half-Genie Hero

Gal Gun! :p

But yeah, there's not a lot coming out until the end of August, for any platform.

August 30th also has God Eater 2 and Attack on Titan.

August is good to save some money for September

Yeah, September/October is mad. Attack on Titan English-Asian release; Dragon Quest Builders English-Asian release; Valkyrie Drive; World of Final Fantasy and stuff which isn't confirmed but likely around them too (Exist Archive; Steins;Gate). Gonna need to save for money for that idd!

September is going to be real rough for me, with basically a release every week after GE2RB on the 30th of August. Psycho-pass, SMTIVA and FFXV are all in the same month. RIP me.

Luckily, FOR NOW, October only has SAO HR and one of the 3 big shooters (still undecided on which one I'll get) at the very end of that month.

Not official yet

UK publisher, UK release date conventions :p
Never understood that games have to release on a specific weekday anyway

Also, no interest in MeiQ?

Been hearing the Sept date for Trails for a while, but it doesn't come out till November in EU and I don't know why they'd be so far apart.

The Vita has enough dungeon crawlers to sink a ship and MeiQ chose to release in a very crowded month for anime games.

Top Bottom