• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PlayStation Network Thread | July 2016

RK128

So what are the most visually-awesome shooters (dual-stick/top-down/etc., not FPS) on PS4? I already got Alienation and Resogun

Geometry Wars and the PS4 port of Super Star Dust come to mind. Both are high quality titles that are a lot of fun, look great and (I think?) run well on PS4.

It's not a placeholder date. CLD is the distributor for NISA games - they know the release date.

So if this is anything like last time, the US should be getting our date soon as well. Guess we'll see on Friday since they like to announce things then. Although it looks like they're about to announce a date for Little King's Story PC, so who knows if we'll get 2 announcements tomorrow.

Saphirax

So if this is anything like last time, the US should be getting our date soon as well. Guess we'll see on Friday since they like to announce things then. Although it looks like they're about to announce a date for Little King's Story PC, so who knows if we'll get 2 announcements tomorrow.

If it's anything like the CS announcements, it should be within a few days.

EU release date was 'known' on Nov 30th.

Press release for the NA date was on Dec 3rd, and the press release for the EU date was on the 15th.

It's not a placeholder date. CLD is the distributor for NISA games - they know the release date.
Flashpoint is the German distributor for NISA and they had that date for 1-2 months now. Not saying it can't be real, but it means little until NISA actually announces it.

deadfolk

I may be mega lttp here, but it looks like the original Trails in the Sky has disappeared from the EU store (well, Ireland at least).

Luckily for me I already have it, but I hope it's not the start (or end) of something...

Hikami

EU release for Trails of Cold Steel 2 is November 11.

Trailer (SPOILERS)

Don't watch if you haven't finished the first game!

Fo9Z4mn.jpg

November huh, I'm okay with that.
Guess I can wait a bit more before doing a replay of the first game then.

I may be mega lttp here, but it looks like the original Trails in the Sky has disappeared from the EU store (well, Ireland at least).

Luckily for me I already have it, but I hope it's not the start (or end) of something...

I hope it's the start of the Evolution versions coming over, lol!

But bummer, glad I already bought it. I'm still kicking myself over not grabbing Wild ARMs XF while it was listed.

Saphirax

But bummer, glad I already bought it. I'm still kicking myself over not grabbing Wild ARMs XF while it was listed.

It's not too much to hope that Sony will put all the other WA ps2 releases for ps4, right? D:

I only played 5 on my ps2 and 3 now that it's out for ps4 - I want more :p. Oh, and replaying and actually finishing 5 would be nice as well.

3 and 5 are my favourite WA games, 3 for the story and exploration; 5 for the combat and dungeons. If 5's story had been a little more solid it would've been among my favourite games ever, but I found it quite a letdown.

Anyway, I think 4 is great - it's seriously half-platformer half-JRPG sometimes, but it gets shit on for the story (which I found quite entertaining) and the combat isn't quite as refined as WA5 (which took the hex system and made it better). But it's still loadsa fun, so I hope it comes to PS4 as well.

(I had secretly been hoping for a port of all 3 to Vita, but it seems we're past that now).

I was just checking JP PSN and there are a few decent sales.

Photo Kano Kiss is just 999 Yen and I always wanted to try it. Should I?

Luminous Arc Infinity And IA/VT are just 1980 Yen each too

Parakeetman

No one wants a throne you've been sitting on!
So what are the most visually-awesome shooters (dual-stick/top-down/etc., not FPS) on PS4? I already got Alienation and Resogun

Id imagine you already got Helldivers when it came out.

Since you already know indie stuff would imagine you have Hotline Miami 2, Enter the Gungeon

There is Dead Nation Apocalypse Edition but that was originally on the PS3 as well...

incpdo

So attack on Titan for Vita had an update and seems to improve a little the performance. So I'm hoping games like berserk do not run like shit in the system because no matter what I'm gonna buy that game.

Ryan95

It could be the licence of the game in Europe just expired, even though other games published by Ghostlight are still available (P2IS and P3P for example, while the Trails In The Sky FC+P2IS bundle seems to be missing as well)

Did anyone here buy the LittleBigPlanet Marvel retail edition available in Europe?

If you did, could you tell me the file size of the game fully patched?

wilstreak

Guys, where can i buy reg 1 PSN card that accept Paypal?

somehow PS Store won't accept my Paypal account possibly due to my country being in Indonesia.

Thank you

Man, I really wish Sony would trip the PSP-Vita compatibility switch just one last time. There's just a few more games I want to get on my Vita that I stupidly didn't grab last time around (not least because I only had a 32GB card at the time with no room on it) that I'd like to find space for this time.

Boo :(

incpdo

Man, I really wish Sony would trip the PSP-Vita compatibility switch just one last time. There's just a few more games I want to get on my Vita that I stupidly didn't grab last time around (not least because I only had a 32GB card at the time with no room on it) that I'd like to find space for this time.

i would kill to play crisis core and khbbs on the Vita

So I finally properly put time into rocket league even though I got it free on PS+ to check out the soundtrack and see if it was worth buying on vinyl lmao. Game is great. I think I'm only gonna be playing this and Overwatch on PS4 for the near future.

My kingdom for Sypro..

Are the servers for Resistance Burning Skies (Vita) still up?

Yes.

omg_mjd

Playing through Ratchet and Clank for the first time thanks to the flash sale. Fun to see how contemporary games have borrowed elements from it. Are the other Vita ports (GoW, Sly, and Jak & Daxter) this good too?

Playing through Ratchet and Clank for the first time thanks to the flash sale. Fun to see how contemporary games have borrowed elements from it. Are the other Vita ports (GoW, Sly, and Jak & Daxter) this good too?

Sly > Ratchet > GoW >>>>> Jak & Daxter in terms of quality of Vita porting.

I find J&D playable personally, but be really careful with it because it is glitchy and laggy and will be too much for some people.

omg_mjd

Sly > Ratchet > GoW >>>>> Jak & Daxter in terms of quality of Vita porting.

I find J&D playable personally, but be really careful with it because it is glitchy and laggy and will be too much for some people.

Thanks! I'll definitely get the Sly collection after finishing this. Maybe GoW if it's on sale.

VLiberty

Yeah R&C is such an amazing, and maybe underrated, series. One of the most satisfying gameplay ever along with great charachters and dialogues (even though the latest entries dropped the ball on the humor side) and yes, it was incredibly fresh and innovative. To put it into perspective, the main concept behind a game like Super Mario Galaxy is something this series has explored and developed multiple times since the very beginning of the series.

As far as the base games go, none of the others is on par, even more if you consider that they're 3 top notch games while Jak and Sly both have a "less great" game and GOW has 2 games

As far as the port jobs go, though, speaking as someone who played the Vita versions of GOW 1, Sly 1, Jak 1-2-3 and R&C 1-2-3, I can say that Sly is the best port job. GOW is on par with R&C. Jak and Daxter is just bad, try it at your own risk.

Benedict

It's not. I own it digitally on vita and I had to buy the PS3 ones separately.

To bad, I'm pretty sure they were on the EU store so I thought it would be the same on US.

Prices for superhero sale are up if you search for the titles.
(edit: titles and prices are up on the sale page).

Some prices:
Prices for PS+ subscribers:

PS4:
The Amazing Spider-Man 2 Gold Edition for PS4 $19.79
LEGO® Batman™ 3: Beyond Gotham $5.99 (Same price for PS3) (season pass $7.49)

Batman Arkham Knight $14.99 (Season pass $9.99) (Premium Ed. $24.99)
Deadpool $24.99

PS3:

Batman Arkham Origins $5.99
Batman: Arkham City Ultimate Edition $4.99
Lego Batman 2 $4.99

PSP/VITA:
Lego Batman 1
$2.99
Lego Batman 2 $4.99

loads of free avatar for PS4 and some DLC for Arkham Knight but that might be as usual?

Has anyone else played Dex? I just discovered it the other day and finally picked it up today. Lots of fun. Not perfect from a technical perspective, but I've been dying for a game like this for a long time.

Kudo

Must say I'm having lots of fun with this months PS+ game Furi, currently going against
th boss and it's thrilling, each fight is really exciting and it works surprisingly well in small doses.
Oh, and the OST.. If you love electronic music like me, you owe it to yourself to give it a listen,
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8QpUGCXwOks
Currently considering buying the limited vinyl of it even though I have no vinyl record player.

Has anyone else played Dex? I just discovered it the other day and finally picked it up today. Lots of fun. Not perfect from a technical perspective, but I've been dying for a game like this for a long time.

Waiting for the Vita version, it does look fantastic though. How is the hub world aspect of it?

Ambitious

Well, thanks for pushing the TV & Video to the front of my PS4's main menu every single time some shitty TV app I'll never ever use is updated, Sony.

Sondar

Heavy Arm have tweeted today...

Today we get very good news that Dragon Quest Builders and Attack on Titan will get Vita Physical release in Asia! With English subs.

Someone mentioned that they'd said this before, but now they're 'very sure'.

Ventara

Heavy Arm have tweeted today...

Today we get very good news that Dragon Quest Builders and Attack on Titan will get Vita Physical release in Asia! With English subs.

Someone mentioned that they'd said this before, but now they're 'very sure'.

YES! Definitely picking up DQB.

Takao

Banned
http://vblank.com/20160719.php
rcrdx_ps4_psp_2016_crop.jpg
]
Surprise! Retro City Rampage: DX is out now for PSP, and it's FREE for all PS4, PS3 & PS Vita owners! This makes it a momentous 4X Cross Buy !

Surprise, again! Due to the overwhelming requests, the PS4 retail version is being re-released, with brand new cover and disc art! The first 3,000 copies of this new version are individually numbered, and include a PSP manual and retail display set, commemorating the new PSP version.

The PSP port surprisingly dates back to '09. It was shelved in favor of the PS Vita version, but after the success of the PS4, PS Vita and MS-DOS retail releases, the dream of having the game on UMD suddenly seemed viable. I started finishing it up as a side project, but unfortunately, UMD production halted without warning and made that impossible.

Despite the news, I decided to release it anyway; digitally, for free to owners of the PS4, PS3 and PS Vita versions. Plus, UMD or not, it's still getting a special PSP retail display set, included with the first 3,000 copies of the new PS4 Retail Version! In addition to those, you can download the UMD disc label digitally, here, and see what could've been.

The PSP was one of the first platforms I worked on after entering the industry, and RCR:DX's PSP version is my opportunity to give it a nice send off. The handheld will always hold a place in my heart, both as a gamer and as a developer.

With UMD production discontinued and the PS Store on PSP closed, Retro City Rampage: DX will likely mark the final PSP game ever released, but it can still be downloaded onto your PSP via your download list, or via USB using your PS3 or PC.

PSP version will be out in EU next week.

Top Bottom