• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PlayStation Network Thread | July 2016

Vita version coming in TWO carts (HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA SONY). It's still lower priced than PS4 version.

I wonder how this'll bode for Asian-English version. Surely a smaller market for them and it's going to push up the price.

Still, I'm glad they're doing it rather than going download-only like Samurai Warriors 2 Empires etc. iirc one of the 3rd Super Robot Wars Z games was originally announced as digital-only too, which was odd.

Saphirax

What a surprise considering retailers have had that date for several months now. Has IFI ever not met their placeholder dates other than when there's a last minute manufacturing error like with Megatagmension?

Wish more companies were like that!

Still hoping CS 2 releases in September.

It's XSEED, you know it'll be released on Christmas week again.

To be fair, that did seem to bring the first one some attention, mainly because there was nothing else at the time. I would honestly hope they don't hold onto a complete game for 3 months though just to possibly get it some extra attention. If that thing is ready to go for September, bring it out in September.

FelipeMGM

So, the PlayStation Play 2016 lineup will be revealed on the 19th, these are usually great for discounts on new releases. Feeling that ABZU and Bound will both be included, and I would love for that to be the case.

https://www.reddit.com/r/vita/comments/4sinet/luftrausers_on_vita_will_not_be_getting_a_patch/

So, there's a big kerfuffle on reddit about Vlambeer refusing to patch Luftrausers on Vita despite it being unbeatable or somesuch. Wondered what you guys in here thought about it?

edit: It's actually turning into quite a thing on the guy's Twitter:

I love supporting Vita, but the vitriol from a tiny part of the audience if something isn't perfect is doing wonders to make me reconsider.

Don't even know what to make of this all.

mauaus

So, the PlayStation Play 2016 lineup will be revealed on the 19th, these are usually great for discounts on new releases. Feeling that ABZU and Bound will both be included, and I would love for that to be the case.

Im betting on Darkest Dungeon, Abzu, Bound, Ronin and Cosmic Star Heroine

RK128

https://www.reddit.com/r/vita/comments/4sinet/luftrausers_on_vita_will_not_be_getting_a_patch/

So, there's a big kerfuffle on reddit about Vlambeer refusing to patch Luftrausers on Vita despite it being unbeatable or somesuch. Wondered what you guys in here thought about it?

I looked over all his tweets.....all the bitter comments people sent him are over Vita trophies? Um....the game works great and its a lot of fun. So, I don't see the problem people are having honestly. Hope that this issue isn't going to push him away from supporting the Vita in the future, as his game was a lot of fun.

I looked over all his tweets.....all the bitter comments people sent him are over Vita trophies? Um....the game works great and its a lot of fun. So, I don't see the problem people are having honestly. Hope that this issue isn't going to push him away from supporting the Vita in the future, as his game was a lot of fun.

While I'm not a fan of devs throwing out a half-finished game and refusing to patch it, that doesn't seem to be the case here, and the responses he's getting are pretty horrible. And there's also a lot of Vita trolling going on there too. All in all, pretty gross.

RK128

While I'm not a fan of devs throwing out a half-finished game and refusing to patch it, that doesn't seem to be the case here, and the responses he's getting are pretty horrible. And there's also a lot of Vita trolling going on there too. All in all, pretty gross.

I agree; it seems to be a case of not having the funds and money to put a patch out. So, this situation is completely understandable. Shame to see so many give the guy problems :(.

autoduelist

I haven't read any of the tweets [i don't even have a twitter account] but... I can understand where people are coming from. I can name three Vita games of the top of my head -- TxK, Luftrausers, and Breach & Clear that I wanted to 100% / platinum and discovered had broken trophies. Luftrausers was particularly annoying because I spent -hours- trying to get one of them before releasing it was broken. With B&C, I put dozens of hours into perfecting the massive amount of content in the game before realizing some of the trophies were broken. It's annoying.

I have no idea how the tweets read, so I can't speak directly to them or defend/comment on them... but the issue itself is annoying. I do think Devs should be required to have working trophies.

EDIT -- i just read through the first page of tweets from clicking on the reddit title. Eh. No death threats. People aggravated the game they bought is broken. Seems okay to me, at first glance. It is broken. That's on them. Of course some people will be pissed/aggravated that something so obviously broken isn't patched.

RK - how is that not the case here? I've put more hours into Luftrausers than most people and used to be competive on the leaderboards. I've defended the intentional 'crash stutter' in the game and have promoted it a ton because i love it so much. But they should have patched the trophies. They really should have.

RK128

I haven't read any of the tweets [i don't even have a twitter account] but... I can understand where people are coming from. I can name three Vita games of the top of my head -- TxK, Luftrausers, and Breach & Clear that I wanted to 100% / platinum and discovered had broken trophies. Luftrausers was particularly annoying because I spent -hours- trying to get one of them before releasing it was broken. With B&C, I put dozens of hours into perfecting the massive amount of content in the game before realizing some of the trophies were broken. It's annoying.

I have no idea how the tweets read, so I can't speak directly to them or defend/comment on them... but the issue itself is annoying. I do think Devs should be required to have working trophies.

EDIT -- i just read through the first page of tweets from clicking on the reddit title. Eh. No death threats. People aggravated the game they bought is broken. Seems okay to me, at first glance. It is broken. That's on them. Of course some people will be pissed/aggravated that something so obviously broken isn't patched.

RK - how is that not the case here? I've put more hours into Luftrausers than most people and used to be competive on the leaderboards. I've defended the intentional 'crash stutter' in the game and have promoted it a ton because i love it so much. But they should have patched the trophies. They really should have.

I'm just from a different mindset regarding trophies; they really mean nothing to me, so don't understand the issues people are having with the game. If people are upset with the game being 'broken' that is fine, and they have the right to be upset.

But I don't think pestering the developer when he clearly stated "I'm not doing this for X reasons" is enough of an answer to me. He SHOULD fix the issue, clearly, but if he cannot for real reasons then I can understand.

Could be in the wrong here and apologize if that is the case having that mindset, so sorry if I upset anyone with my thoughts on this manner.

Yea I saw this on the Vita subreddit and comments there weren't great either but I expect that from that subreddit these days.

btw wasn't galgun available on German PSN or EU PSN in general little while ago randomly? Yian?

Did anyone get it? Does it work lol? Wondering what caused the delay.

RK128

Yea I saw this on the Vita subreddit and comments there weren't great either but I expect that from that subreddit these days.

btw wasn't galgun available on German PSN or EU PSN in general little while ago randomly? Yian?

It got pushed back due to shipping issues with the retail version. Because of this, the games release got pushed back a week or so. This happened in the past and was dealt with in different ways (NIS America released the digital version of Grand Kingdom first then the retail one a week later & Idea Factory pushed back both the digital and retail versions of Hyper Dimension Blanc Zombie's (Not the full name but forgot the full name sadly :l)).

Yeah you were able to purchase it for a few hours but I didnt want to risk wasting my money in case it was a mistake, they removed it pretty quickly. According to PQube the delay is just because of manufacturing.

It got pushed back due to shipping issues with the retail version. Because of this, the games release got pushed back a week or so. This happened in the past and was dealt with in different ways (NIS America released the digital version of Grand Kingdom first then the retail one a week later & Idea Factory pushed back both the digital and retail versions of Hyper Dimension Blanc Zombie's (Not the full name but forgot the full name sadly :l)).

Yeah you were able to purchase it for a few hours but I didnt want to risk wasting my money in case it was a mistake, they removed it pretty quickly. According to PQube the delay is just because of manufacturing.

Got it. Thanks.

deadfolk

Does anyone know if SOMA supports remote play?

Really tempted to pick it up while it's on sale to play on the Vita, but the store page doesn't mention it and google is failing me.

2+2=5

The Amiga Brotherhood
Yesterday i bought jstar victory+ and trillion... but i didn't even download trillion because i'm trying to platinum Lost Dimension and i have just started tales of hearts r(let's not forget all teh backlog), both bought in the same sale... And i was tempted to buy noire and disgaea 4 too! Damn that was a good sale, luckily there's nothing i want in the new one lol.

Which of Earth Defense Force on vita is the best way to try the series??

I played 2017 and it was fun, but i read on gaf that 2 is probably one of the best games.

Yi'm trying to platinum Lost Dimension

I tried to platinum that game but got really unlucky with my second playthrough and had a traitor who went too early for me to make friends with them both times. So frustrating! So I've gotta do a third playthrough now, luckily the game is awesome so I don't mind too much :p

2+2=5

The Amiga Brotherhood
I tried to platinum that game but got really unlucky with my second playthrough and had a traitor who went too early for me to make friends with them both times. So frustrating! So I've gotta do a third playthrough now, luckily the game is awesome so I don't mind too much :p

It seems that everytime you go on a mission(even on an already completed mission) then you can talk with someone, so i do as many mission as i can in the first two floors(i'm at the second playtrhough)

It seems that everytime you go on a mission(even on an already completed mission) then you can talk with someone, so i do as many mission as i can in the first two floors(i'm at the second playtrhough)

You can only get the trophies for befriending them by the third floor though, iirc, so if you get the same traitor before that there's nothing you can do. Frustrating, but still.

2+2=5

The Amiga Brotherhood
You can only get the trophies for befriending them by the third floor though, iirc, so if you get the same traitor before that there's nothing you can do. Frustrating, but still.

Really? I didn't see it mentioned in the guide i read just for precaution(i like doing thing by myself, but i would hate to do another playthrough because of a missable).

VLiberty

People are overreacting about trophies but Vlambeer has a story of releasing broken games on PS (I heard Nuclear Throne is not a good port) and trying to make it look like Vita users are whiners is just stupid. It would happen with every other userbase who cares about Vlambeer's games, and unfortunately(cause their games are great) the Vita one looks to be the only one, at least on consoles

so yeah, there's no "right side". Neither this part of the users or the dev are looking good in this story

2+2=5

The Amiga Brotherhood

I really can't stand Reddit layout so i can't read the stoy, i know that we like supporting indie developers and everyone supporting vita, but people have all the right(or should i say the duty?) to complain if a game they paid for isn't perfect, many imperfections are forgivable but unbeatability definitively isn't one of them.

Really? I didn't see it mentioned in the guide i read just for precaution(i like doing thing by myself, but i would hate to do another playthrough because of a missable).

Yeah, because you can only raise your relationship through the scripted events and there aren't enough of them before that chapter. So keep an eye out :p

So about that Gal Gun delay (not my pic)

CnPJrH4W8AA4Evs.jpg:large

Looks like amazon.de is shipping orders today as well

In stock on amazon france

PQube on twitter still insisting that the game isn't fully manufactured yet

Ephidel

PQube on twitter still insisting that the game isn't fully manufactured yet
To be fair, it's possible there was a manufacturing the delay for part of the run and they chose to push back the release date to give them time to get the delayed copies to their intended distributors rather than run into the chaos of the official release date passing but a bunch of distributors not having copies and customers wanting their orders now/moved/cancelled/compensated because the release date has passed.
(... can you tell I've been spending a lot of time lurking in the ZTD Amazon thread?).

In this case some distributors might have sent copies out, but as the official release date was pushed back customers and distributors who don't have it yet don't technically have a right to complain or claim damages or anything because another store breaking street date isn't actually something Pqube can be held accountable for (even if it's a biggie like Amazon).

To be fair, it's possible there was a manufacturing the delay for part of the run and they chose to push back the release date to give them time to get the delayed copies to their intended distributors rather than run into the chaos of the official release date passing but a bunch of distributors not having copies and customers wanting their orders now/moved/cancelled/compensated because the release date has passed.
(... can you tell I've been spending a lot of time lurking in the ZTD Amazon thread?).

In this case some distributors might have sent copies out, but as the official release date was pushed back customers and distributors who don't have it yet don't technically have a right to complain or claim damages or anything because another store breaking street date isn't actually something Pqube can be held accountable for (even if it's a biggie like Amazon).
Yeah I'm aware that's probably the case. It at least looks like the copies with french or german text on the box were not affected and PQube failed to properly tell distributors to delay the release.

But the conversation was

"Hey PQube, amazon.fr lists GalGun in stock"

Pqube: "That's an error, copies have not been fully manufactured yet"

.. while there are pics of people who bought copies at retail stores on twitter

It's just a case of bad communication on all fronts

autoduelist

I'm just from a different mindset regarding trophies; they really mean nothing to me, so don't understand the issues people are having with the game. If people are upset with the game being 'broken' that is fine, and they have the right to be upset.

But I don't think pestering the developer when he clearly stated "I'm not doing this for X reasons" is enough of an answer to me. He SHOULD fix the issue, clearly, but if he cannot for real reasons then I can understand.

Could be in the wrong here and apologize if that is the case having that mindset, so sorry if I upset anyone with my thoughts on this manner.

Well, yeah, if you don't care about trophies you probably can't relate to the issue. How about this: imagine if a VN had certain conversations/relationships/whatever included, but there was a bug that prevent two characters from ever becoming friends and talking... you could still beat the game, but that bug prevented you from having those two characters ever 'bond' and they were your two favorite characters. You'd still 'beat' the game, but it might sit there, forever feeling 'incomplete' because of that one little bit you know you missed out on.

That's how I feel about trophies for games I like. I really enjoyed Luftrausers, and I wanted to show my respect by 100%ing it. Same with Breach & Clear. Heck, I still have Breach & Clear on my Vita in hopes some day they'll patch it [they supposedly patched it for the physical release, but never patched the digital].

Now, there's a major, repeatable bug in B&C that I told the devs about. If you select options a certain way in the game, you can crash it --- every single time. I let the devs know exactly how to reproduce this bug, because i felt it was important [it had to do with switching characters while setting up pathing; the pathing never 'reset' and would crash the game]. But... this bug is nothing compared to the trophy bug. Because while the crash bug sucks, if you know how to cause it, you can also avoid it. I can still 'beat' the game by avoiding that combination of inputs. But that trophy bug means I'll never feel like i 'beat' the game. And that sucks.

Trophies are weird for me. I don't care what other people have, or even show them off or anything. In fact, I have them hidden. But getting the plat makes me feel like I 'mastered' the game, and got every little bit of juice out of it. It started with games I love [Uncharted, Demon's Souls], sometimes happens with other games/genres... for example, I've plat'd every drpg on Vita I own [dt2, oa, sotc, m:0, dg] because I love the genre.

So when there is a game with broken trophies, it makes me feel like I can't 'beat' the game in the way I want to beat the game.

Now, as for patching:

It is my firm belief every developer should be prepared to patch any game they release at least once. There will be bugs. There -will- be need for a patch. Now, maybe, a dev gets lucky and they get it perfect the first time... but the odds are, when you unleash the world on a game they'll find a couple bugs/issues you didn't. So, because of that, developers should budget for at least one patch. And obviously, trophies will be the most obvious 'bug' found, and so should be included in that patch.

Any developer who doesn't budget time/money for one patch is doing their own game a disservice imo, and should be lambasted. It's common courtesy to fix any major bugs for your audience.

So I don't mind people saying they'll boycott a dev that doesn't patch trophies, or whatever... because i totally understand where they are coming from.

I bought both Luftrausers and Nuclear Throne day 1 and love both. I openly love them, and promote them both whenever they come up because I think both are absolutely excellent. But not patching Luftrausers really does piss me off. I'm not going to tweet the devs about it or anything like that, because I don't ever do stuff like that. But I understand why people do. It's disrespectful to fans of the game, and there is no excuse imo since, as stated, I think it's on the developer to budget for at least one patch out of common courtesy.

incpdo

Well, yeah, if you don't care about trophies you probably can't relate to the issue. How about this: imagine if a VN had certain conversations/relationships/whatever included, but there was a bug that prevent two characters from ever becoming friends and talking... you could still beat the game, but that bug prevented you from having those two characters ever 'bond' and they were your two favorite characters. You'd still 'beat' the game, but it might sit there, forever feeling 'incomplete' because of that one little bit you know you missed out on.

That's how I feel about trophies for games I like. I really enjoyed Luftrausers, and I wanted to show my respect by 100%ing it. Same with Breach & Clear. Heck, I still have Breach & Clear on my Vita in hopes some day they'll patch it [they supposedly patched it for the physical release, but never patched the digital].

Now, there's a major, repeatable bug in B&C that I told the devs about. If you select options a certain way in the game, you can crash it --- every single time. I let the devs know exactly how to reproduce this bug, because i felt it was important [it had to do with switching characters while setting up pathing; the pathing never 'reset' and would crash the game]. But... this bug is nothing compared to the trophy bug. Because while the crash bug sucks, if you know how to cause it, you can also avoid it. I can still 'beat' the game by avoiding that combination of inputs. But that trophy bug means I'll never feel like i 'beat' the game. And that sucks.

Trophies are weird for me. I don't care what other people have, or even show them off or anything. In fact, I have them hidden. But getting the plat makes me feel like I 'mastered' the game, and got every little bit of juice out of it. It started with games I love [Uncharted, Demon's Souls], sometimes happens with other games/genres... for example, I've plat'd every drpg on Vita I own [dt2, oa, sotc, m:0, dg] because I love the genre.

So when there is a game with broken trophies, it makes me feel like I can't 'beat' the game in the way I want to beat the game.

Now, as for patching:

It is my firm belief every developer should be prepared to patch any game they release at least once. There will be bugs. There -will- be need for a patch. Now, maybe, a dev gets lucky and they get it perfect the first time... but the odds are, when you unleash the world on a game they'll find a couple bugs/issues you didn't. So, because of that, developers should budget for at least one patch. And obviously, trophies will be the most obvious 'bug' found, and so should be included in that patch.

Any developer who doesn't budget time/money for one patch is doing their own game a disservice imo, and should be lambasted. It's common courtesy to fix any major bugs for your audience.

So I don't mind people saying they'll boycott a dev that doesn't patch trophies, or whatever... because i totally understand where they are coming from.

I bought both Luftrausers and Nuclear Throne day 1 and love both. I openly love them, and promote them both whenever they come up because I think both are absolutely excellent. But not patching Luftrausers really does piss me off. I'm not going to tweet the devs about it or anything like that, because I don't ever do stuff like that. But I understand why people do. It's disrespectful to fans of the game, and there is no excuse imo since, as stated, I think it's on the developer to budget for at least one patch out of common courtesy.
Trophy issues support should be a sony problem to fix. Sadly a dev has to create for something that is not actually part of the original game. While im with you in the sense of " they have to fix it" i think its unfair to treat a dev this way if the game its actually complete and you can play all of it( maybe not getting the platinum) so yeah. Idk about this one.

Top Bottom