• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PlayStation Network Thread | June 2015

Man God

Non-Canon Member
Ronin and Crossing Souls from the Devolver Digital reel are both vita games. Dunno if you're only thinking new announcements (and I dunno if those are new), though.

Three of those four games looked nearly exactly the same, a confusing montage in general and it wasn't clear on platforms at all.

RK128

See, I missed that - that's how clear they are with regards to anything Vita at these conferences.

I remember having that issue with Gamescom 2014; a number of indie games I thought were PS4 only ended up also having Vita versions. Sony has this issue when announcing Vita games through montages, as while the audience sees all the screens, the people watching online only the 'main' screen, which doesn't have the platforms listed on it.

Like I said before, at least the Vita got something at the conference with 'The World of FF" and two fun looking indie games :).

Besides, a lot of Vita announcements for localization's and indie tittles came before E3 week, so the Vita has a lot of stuff announced for it :D.

Hikami

So all the stuff announced today pretty much confirms we're in an alternate timeline..
Where Zero Escape 3 exists. #believe

eFKac

I thought that level 5 was supposed to show a ps4 game, what happened to that?

I mean shit was stacked, between megatons, marketing contracts and exclusives there was not much time left.

Sony cut a few announcements I'm sure, some games got announced early, there wasn't even time for indies.

I'm expecting it at TGS probably.

Man God

Non-Canon Member
ZE3 is real. No one knows what platforms, but I'd assume Vita/3DS again. Would be a kick in the teeth for that one to go mobile only.

autoduelist

Crazy good E3. Very surprised we didn't get ps1/ps2 classics... there's always PSX.

Vita games were never going to get the limelight, so that doesn't bother me.

Do we know what was up with the Level 5 jrpg rumors?

I'm content with the Vita cycle at the moment. Honestly in 2013 I realised that it could never take up much/any time at E3, because it's pretty much been a one-upping ground for PS4 & XB1 since then.

It's not like the console doesn't get love throughout the rest of the year. PlayStation Experience last year was actually quite a nice surprise. Gamescom has been alright. And I enjoy watching TGS for the announcement of stuff that I can hope to come to the west all year.

The thing I enjoy most though is just the trickle of stuff that comes throughout the year. The indies that just get randomly announced throughout the year; the NISA announcements in Spring and then at AX; the XSEED blowout we had before E3.

I just hope we get another year or so worth of that. 2015 has already more than kept up with 2014 in terms of localization announcements for me (and that was a great year!) We're still getting indies I'm interested in, although I have to admit the rate is slowing down a bit.

Still, I'm happy.

I'm content with the Vita cycle at the moment. Honestly in 2013 I realised that it could never take up much/any time at E3, because it's pretty much been a one-upping ground for PS4 & XB1 since then.

It's not like the console doesn't get love throughout the rest of the year. PlayStation Experience last year was actually quite a nice surprise. Gamescom has been alright. And I enjoy watching TGS for the announcement of stuff that I can hope to come to the west all year.

The thing I enjoy most though is just the trickle of stuff that comes throughout the year. The indies that just get randomly announced throughout the year; the NISA announcements in Spring and then at AX; the XSEED blowout we had before E3.

I just hope we get another year or so worth of that. 2015 has already more than kept up with 2014 in terms of localization announcements for me (and that was a great year!) We're still getting indies I'm interested in, although I have to admit the rate is slowing down a bit.

Still, I'm happy.
I'm happy that they acknowledged the Vita will still be a thing in 2016 with the World of FF announcement. One year at a time :)

2+2=5

The Amiga Brotherhood
So did gaf implode? Lol

I didn't see the conference, only the released trailers, but imo sony could have destroyed the world but failed, for these reasons:

-i don't care about vr at all, but that's me i guess.

-horizon looked good, with a great design but i don't feel it, but that's just me.

-The last guardian after all these years looked like a "big indie" more than a huge ip in the works for too many years and for all the trailer i couldn't stop noticing how the cel shading of the kid clashed with everything else especially with the beast.

-Final fantasy 7 will probably be awesome, but it's just "first" on ps4, not a real exclusive

-In the sony conference was announced Shenmue 3 on kickstarter?!?!?!?!!? Now conferences have even kickstartes?!?!? For a game that's not even ps4 exclusive?!?!? Really?!?!?!?!?! Didn't sony have 2 millions for that? Characters looked really bad and the only bit of "gameplay" looked like a qte, not a good start for me.

-world of final fantasy looks really cute and is on vita, but again it's just first on playstation.

-In dreams on the other hand could be really fantastic

If only sony spent some more money their conference would have been devastanting killing all the concurrents definitively, but it was not imo.

To me the biggest reason to buy a ps4 remains fallout 4, but it's multi and maybe i can play it(badly) on my notebook, so it's a shaky reason.

EDIT:
-uncharted looked good but not as good as i was expecting, and in any case it's uncharted, i have never liked it except Golden abyss.

bobohoro

Was there a price-cut announcement for the PS4 anywhere? The only thing I'm really interested in.

Great conference from what I read, but honestly, nothing really did it for me personally. Never was a fan of Shenmue and SE is sure to screw up the Reamke in some way, I don't trust anyone that still works there to really capture the magic of the original and do it justice. Best thing was still the THPS5 trailer, because it's hilarious that anyone can think that it looks presentable in some way.

Takao

Banned
Capcom has announced Resident Evil: Revelations 2 PS Vita for Japan. Development is currently at 90% with a release once again confirmed for the summer. Famitsu claims its graphics are very close to the console version.

CcZ7mIv.jpg

http://www.famitsu.com/news/201506/16080830.html

FWIW, Capcom hasn't announced USFIV PS4 for a Japanese release yet.

2+2=5

The Amiga Brotherhood
Capcom has announced Resident Evil: Revelations 2 PS Vita for Japan. Development is currently at 90% with a release once again confirmed for the summer. Famitsu claims its graphics are very close to the console version.

CcZ7mIv.jpg

http://www.famitsu.com/news/201506/16080830.html

FWIW, Capcom hasn't announced USFIV PS4 for a Japanese release yet.

It's still too early to say anything, but it would not be so reckless to say that ANYONE(well almost) can do better vita ports than sony teams(even because sony doesn't care at all so probably all they want is just games that run).

2+2=5

The Amiga Brotherhood
I'm much more concerned about the framerate and resolution.

I'm optimist, unlike sony indies(can we consider indie the team behind the port?) are aware of the value of framerate and resolution, i'm sure that graphics will have evident downgrades but the game will run well
or at least it's what i'm hoping for

2+2=5

The Amiga Brotherhood
It's funny(and a little annoying) to see that allgmesbeta is temporarily "closed", all that is shown is a FFVII artwork lol.

SerTapTap

Amazing E3, I'm sure Vita news will come in through the company conferences and livestreams not the big Sony presser. But I want like half of what they showed at that conf. TLG, FF7, Shenmue, FF World (it's not an MMO right?), HORIZON!!, Firewatch looked cool (do we have info on gameplay? Hadn't heard of it), No Man's Sky,of course Uncharted, Tearaway (was pre-show), Morpheus, I'm probably forgetting something awesome too.

Only part I disliked was from Asscreed/COD to Uncharted 4, all the Western AAA multiplats. Good for general audience, not for me, so I'll accept it. And Vue doesn't interest me but they kept it short.

Oh and the PS anniversary controller announcement is super cool. I can actually use the one that came with my 20th anniversary PS4 now.

autoduelist

So did gaf implode? Lol

I didn't see the conference, only the released trailers, but imo sony could have destroyed the world but failed, for these reasons:

-i don't care about vr at all, but that's me i guess.

-horizon looked good, with a great design but i don't feel it, but that's just me.

-The last guardian after all these years looked like a "big indie" more than a huge ip in the works for too many years and for all the trailer i couldn't stop noticing how the cel shading of the kid clashed with everything else especially with the beast.

-Final fantasy 7 will probably be awesome, but it's just "first" on ps4, not a real exclusive

-In the sony conference was announced Shenmue 3 on kickstarter?!?!?!?!!? Now conferences have even kickstartes?!?!? For a game that's not even ps4 exclusive?!?!? Really?!?!?!?!?! Didn't sony have 2 millions for that? Characters looked really bad and the only bit of "gameplay" looked like a qte, not a good start for me.

-world of final fantasy looks really cute and is on vita, but again it's just first on playstation.

-In dreams on the other hand could be really fantastic

If only sony spent some more money their conference would have been devastanting killing all the concurrents definitively, but it was not imo.

To me the biggest reason to buy a ps4 remains fallout 4, but it's multi and maybe i can play it(badly) on my notebook, so it's a shaky reason.

EDIT:
-uncharted looked good but not as good as i was expecting, and in any case it's uncharted, i have never liked it except Golden abyss.

Horizon looked amazing! And I'm not really sure how you can say they didn't kill it... people lost their minds and are still going on about it.

Shenmue 3 will cost WAY more than 2 million... that's just to gauge interest and make sure people will put their money where there mouth is. I'm sure they have contracts in place that if it hits its goal (which it did) that a publisher would step in and put up [a lot more money - 10s of millions, likely]. Odds are that backer is Sony, and odds are it'll be console exclusive given it was at the Sony event.

also, who cares if FF7 is exclusive or not? it's a remake of FF7, something people have been craving for ages. Letting the question of whether it's exclusive or not even cloud your judgement for half a second is half a second too long imo. Just let it be good news.

also, it seems sony is fine with letting stuff be on PC lately, so we'll likely be seeing a lot of 'console exclusive' stuff, and 'first on sony' can now mean just sony/pc which used to be relatively rare.

EDIT -- also FF7 might very well be exclusive (or PS4/PC) exclusive based on kagari in the main FF7 thread. So...

Nice to see the Atelier Sophia one, thought Gust was taking a break from Atelier with Yoru no Nai Kuni.

I'd imagine they are. Shallie was June 2014 and it's normally a yearly franchise, yet not even a hint of the next Atelier game until now.

No idea what the God Eater trademark is about though.

Zhao_Yun

Final fantasy 7 will probably be awesome, but it's just "first" on ps4, not a real exclusive

Imo it wouldn't make a huge difference if there was no timed exclusivity at all. PS4 version will be the best selling version anyway since the fanbase is on that platform (the sales split for Type-0 HD was quite huge) and most fans associate that game with the PlayStation brand. Timed exclusivity only enhances this effect. I also think that it will stay a full exclusive title in Japan so Sony will definitely profit the most of this.

SerTapTap

I don't get the exclusivity complaints sometimes. So much whining when a third party exclusive is "bought", then so much whining when games are multiplat because it's a "weak lineup". Especially when the PS4 is generally the best place to play anyway if the game isn't on PC (fairly common still) or if you just don't have one.

Doesn't seem to really affect PS4 sales anyway though, just general punditry.

Imo it wouldn't make a huge difference if there was no timed exclusivity at all. PS4 version will be the best selling version anyway since the fanbase is on that platform (the sales split for Type-0 HD was quite huge) and most fans associate that game with the PlayStation brand. Timed exclusivity only enhances this effect. I also think that it will stay a full exclusive title in Japan so Sony will definitely profit the most of this.

This too, some of these games are going to sell fuckall if they even release on Xbone. Just because Destiny and Battlefield sell well on Xbone despite PS-focused advertising doesn't mean Japanese games do. Weren't the numbers for Type 0 Xbone abysmal?

Speaking of Type 0 I've been meaning to play it since they patched it--how much better is it? I still need to finish up Neptunia Victory 2 and

Also I have my review copy of Neptunia Rebirth 3 (barely started it) if anyone has questions. Only the later parts of the story are sort-of embargoed (I mean, we know what happens from Victory, but okay)

Hikami

I'd imagine they are. Shallie was June 2014 and it's normally a yearly franchise, yet not even a hint of the next Atelier game until now.

No idea what the God Eater trademark is about though.

ahh that's right, Shallie was last year
got it confused with this year's English release

Guess they're skipping this year with it after all then.
Well, with new titles anyways.. that Rorona 3DS game did come out not too long ago.

Some interesting trademarks: http://gematsu.com/2015/06/god-eater-resurrection-atelier-sophia-trademarked-japan

No clue what God Eater Resurrection could be. I mean, it could still be the same God Eater monster hunting game but I figured they'd just name that God Eater 3 instead.. hmm
Ugh I'm just gonna stay quiet.

Having slept on it, the conference was indeed amazing but they did a remarkable job at hiding that there's nothing first party related to look forward to in the Fall. Don't get me wrong I think it's good, because everything will be fucking swallowed whole by Fallout 4. Everything. No matter who you are, what your game is, get your shit out of November or suffer the consequences.

Now what stood out to me aside from the fact that we are going to be playing games that we have been waiting for for years, namely FF XV, TLG, Shenmue and FF7Re, the new IP Horizon looks stunning. Guerrilla is only known for making Killzone games, and the fact that their first take on something that isn't an FPS looks this interesting is just amazing. I'm more interested in seeing this game and it's story, like how these machines are just running around, than I ever was with a Killzone game. Add on the fact that you have The Witcher quest devs working on this, and I think we have something special brewing.

Was mostly impressed with Horizon, I mean, it looks like a western Monster Hunter so that's cool.

Mm's presentation was confusing and uninformative about what you could do with it from a gaming standpoint. I thought it looked rough as hell, frankly. I have some faith in Mm, but that was a dud for me.

SFV went by so fast all I could notice was Cammy's thighs and their lack of camo.

TLG I don't really care about, I'm not the biggest fan of either ICO or SotC, but as a puzzle platformer built around the relationship of two characters it looked fairly interesting. I have a lot of concern about how much will actually feel organic and how much is essentially scripted. I also hope there's a way to mute that kid.

Final Fantasy 7 is a game I played once and tried my best to forget and whose 20 years of lingering praise baffles me.

Shenmue I've never played. I used to think of it purely as the series that infected the industry with QTEs, but people tell me it's very similar to Yakuza (or rather vice versa), so I'll give it a whirl. Why Sony didn't have the confidence to just fund the whole thing outright seems off somehow, even scummy.

NMS still looks like beautiful emptiness. I want a trailer that stops talking about how the galaxy is too big to explore in someone's lifetime, but actually talks about their trade and permadeath and other systems, provided they are still going to be in there.

I don't even remember what else there was, heh.

Sony re-debuted The Last Guardian, then announced Final Fantasy VII Remake and Shenmue III and still everywhere outside of GAF I see "but mah backwards compatibility!"

Gamers officially just want something to complain about.

Li Kao

Sony re-debuted The Last Guardian, then announced Final Fantasy VII Remake and Shenmue III and still everywhere outside of GAF I see "but mah backwards compatibility!"

If MS is even truly committed to backward compatibility. I'm not a hatter and time will tell, but seeing how they treated the problem on 360, I will believe it when I see it. Or in that case, when the list grows.
For the time being, I can't personally see the announcement as a potential very good move.

I was much more excited about the possibility of using PC mods on my XB1, personally. The game I most want to finish in my 360 library is Lost Odyssey, and ain't no one gonna vote for that on the BC compatibility list.

Oh I meant a lot of the reaction to Sony's great conference is "but where's PS4 backwards compatibility?" even after all those bombs.

I don't expect BC on Xbone to be supported particularly well. Could never play TimeSplitters on my 360...

SerTapTap

Oh I meant a lot of the reaction to Sony's great conference is "but where's PS4 backwards compatibility?" even after all those bombs.

I don't expect BC on Xbone to be supported particularly well. Could never play TimeSplitters on my 360...

The "per-game" solution is a bit eh for me. Personally I would be happy with full PS1 and PS2 emulation on PS4, even without graphical enhancements, as long as my disks work. And less input lag than PS2 I hope. The stuff least likely to get a per-game support list is what I'm most likely to be interested in (shmups, oddballs like folklore, indie games).

Big western AAA games I'm probably not interested in, they hit PC or got remastered. But Deathsmiles? Cave is fucked and I bet it never hits the Xbone list. I imagine a PS list would be similar--just look at the mess the PS Vita PS1 list is. I really hope they've fixed their PSN publishing terms so PS5 BC isn't impacted by that.

FO mods are coming to PS4 too btw, just later.

I can't really say I'm seeing too much complaining at all other than a few people who wouldn't be happy with Sony if they resurrected Jebus

Vylash

looking over the threads and seeing people saying the last guardian looks bad graphically and whining about kickstarter reinforces my belief that gamers are the absolute worst

2+2=5

The Amiga Brotherhood
Horizon looked amazing! And I'm not really sure how you can say they didn't kill it... people lost their minds and are still going on about it.

Shenmue 3 will cost WAY more than 2 million... that's just to gauge interest and make sure people will put their money where there mouth is. I'm sure they have contracts in place that if it hits its goal (which it did) that a publisher would step in and put up [a lot more money - 10s of millions, likely]. Odds are that backer is Sony, and odds are it'll be console exclusive given it was at the Sony event.

also, who cares if FF7 is exclusive or not? it's a remake of FF7, something people have been craving for ages. Letting the question of whether it's exclusive or not even cloud your judgement for half a second is half a second too long imo. Just let it be good news.

also, it seems sony is fine with letting stuff be on PC lately, so we'll likely be seeing a lot of 'console exclusive' stuff, and 'first on sony' can now mean just sony/pc which used to be relatively rare.

EDIT -- also FF7 might very well be exclusive (or PS4/PC) exclusive based on kagari in the main FF7 thread. So...

I was not despising the value or the quality of those games, i was just saying that sony presented lots of "megatons", but some of those are not exclusives so they won't really change anything, if sony put more money to make them real exclusives sony would have won not only this e3, but this entire generation, instead i could still skip the ps4 because sooner or late i will proably be able to buy ffxv, ffvii, Shenmue 3 and other big games on pc(and probably xb1 too).

About Shenmue 3, it's true that it reached the goal instantly, but no one knows what can happen when a kickstarter is launched. If it's just a commercial move then it's really an unfair one because they are playing with fan's feelings to take their money when there's already sony or whatever.

looking over the threads and seeing people saying the last guardian looks bad graphically and whining about kickstarter reinforces my belief that gamers are the absolute worst

That was my first reaction when I checked GAF today after watching the conference.
It's really sad what kind of things people get upset about

That was my first reaction when I checked GAF today after watching the conference.
It's really sad what kind of things people get upset about

Gamers are very entitled these days and forget that people's blood and tears go into making entertainment for them. Even when I don't like something I don't shit on it simply because there was someone somewhere that had to work a ton of hours to make this whole thing work, as bad as it is.

Top Bottom