• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PlayStation Network Thread | June 2015

I didn't plan on watching the sony conference today since it's too late here and it's most likely not worth it but now I read this:

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=167954318&postcount=1376

Hmmm. I don't know if I'll be able to watch a stream the day after without getting spoiled on the way there.

Interesting, I am curious about all TLG hype though. You see I think now this hype is just based on people's expectations for it every year, kinda like a meme now. I am happy for people that wanted it, but I just can't see what makes this thing so goddamn special.

Prelude.

Interesting, I am curious about all TLG hype though. You see I think now this hype is just based on people's expectations for it every year, kinda like a meme now. I am happy for people that wanted it, but I just can't see what makes this thing so goddamn special.
It's not the game per se, it's Ueda's previous games. There's nothing like them.

2+2=5

The Amiga Brotherhood

It's not the game per se, it's Ueda's previous games. There's nothing like them.

Honestly i got the ico collection with the ps+ and i didn't like it, i hated SOTC because it's exactly what i hate of boss fights - the game, huge bosses that don't really fight are a huge deal breaker for me. I was liking Ico, but enemies totally ruined the experience.
All oh that + the fact that most of the ps2 games feel extremely dated and clunky to me.

kng3025

Anyone think Sony will follow in MS's direction by also releasing backwards compatibility? I think that was the most interesting thing in their presser. It's crazy that we can't even play digital ps1 games.

Ponn

Banned
Would be nice to remote play them though.

I'm having a blast with remote play. For me it has saved console gaming because of my eye problems I can no longer see details on the tv screen which makes reading and general gameplay next to impossible. I'm loving FF type 0 on vita and Lego Batman 3. I'm hoping Arkham Knight is doable. I haven't tried DA Inquisition yet but I heard it was lousy for remote play. I'm really, REALLY hoping Fallout 4 is remote play friendly, that would open up that game for me a lot being able to run around the open world on the Vita.

2+2=5

The Amiga Brotherhood
Anyone think Sony will follow in MS's direction by also releasing backwards compatibility? I think that was the most interesting thing in their presser. It's crazy that we can't even play digital ps1 games.

I doubt it, BC would hurt PS Now.

MS is doing some great things.

eFKac

MS presser, strong on features, weak on games, ehh basically expected of them with the big 4 franchises marching on the front.

What I'm scared of is that CoD was not present, it will be over at Sony, isn't it? :-( I can't imagine an E3 without it.

MS presser, strong on features, weak on games, ehh basically expected of them with the big 4 franchises marching on the front.

What I'm scared of is that CoD was not present, it will be over at Sony, isn't it? :-( I can't imagine an E3 without it.

The break up between MS and the COD franchise was inevitable after this long too, specially now with the current gen disparity performance wise. So the game is supposed to be leaning more towards the Xbox with exclusivity deals and whatnot, but still the better version arguably belongs to the competition with better resolution and stuff. What'do?

RK128

The MS conference was fantastic; announcing a new game from former Metroid Prime developers, a massive collection of Rare's classic tittles coming to X1 next month, 360 BC coming to X1 and the Tomb Raider trailer looking interesting.

Great conference and I hope Sony takes a few notes on the BC thing Microsoft is doing; even if it is just PSN tittles, PS1 and PS2 Classics, that would be nice.

ZeroAKA

PC mods and backwards compatibility are really cool features, even if the line-ups are very limited at the moment. I'm not sure if Sony will be able to surpass the high bar that Microsoft set.

2+2=5

The Amiga Brotherhood
PC mods and backwards compatibility are really cool features, even if the line-ups are very limited at the moment. I'm not sure if Sony will be able to surpass the high bar that Microsoft set.

I'm sure that sony will have some spectacular games that will make them "win" the e3, but to my eyes some things like BC, a customizable controller, mods etc have more value in the long run than some awesome looking exclusive games.

RK128

I'm sure that sony will have some spectacular games that will make them "win" the e3, but to my eyes some things like BC, a customizable controller, mods etc have more value in the long run than some awesome looking exclusive games.

To be fair, the Doom map creator and the Fallout customization are still going to be present in the PS4 versions, so while they are not 'official' mods, its still something at least :).

The BC is a huge deal and I don't think Sony can top it no matter what they present :l; the 360 line-up mostly working with the X1 already makes the platform more valuable (due to having access to more software), so it outclasses the PS4 easily their. Granted, there is PS Now, but that doesn't do that much (as it works with other things too). I think they would counter-act that with PS1 and PS2 Classic support alongside announcing a form of BC for PSN tittles, but who knows at this point :l.

So I was just at Wal-Mart and I thought this was hilarious:
6dWeuPph.jpg

I thought this was a Gamestop exclusive? I don't see the Vita version on Wal-Mart's website.

autoduelist

pedigree. ico and sotc are fantastic, if imperfect, games. plus general multi-year hype it can never live up to.

I've been predicting ps1/ps2 for this e3 for ages (well, i figured psx or this e3).

PS3 is borderline impossible in my opinion -- cell emulation would be really hard [if not impossible] to pull off. Remember, to emulate games you're not just emulating the game itself, but essentially creating a virtual console too - so it's resource intensive, and cell would make that problematic.

I doubt it, BC would hurt PS Now.

MS is doing some great things.

I don't think this matters at all. PSNow is a long play - it's the kind of service they want on everything, like netflix. Smart tvs, bluray players, whatever... just have a controller and you get ps1/ps2/ps3 streaming. Console owners are a market, but not the primary market [long term]. That said, it's likely the only way we'll get ps3 BC due to technical issues, not due to them wanting people on psnow.

I'll admit to a certain bias, but I don't think it will be hard for Sony to "beat" MS.
Just give me one or two amazing japanese games and one or two of the rumored titles and that's it. Also mention "Vita" at least once. please

PS1/2/3 backwards compatability would just be icing. Now that MS is doing it I expect Sony will follow, even if not today.

Blast Corps on the Rare collection is tempting though!

SerTapTap

I'll admit to a certain bias, but I don't think it will be hard for Sony to "beat" MS.
Just give me one or two amazing japanese games and one or two of the rumored titles and that's it. Also mention "Vita" at least once. please

PS1/2/3 backwards compatability would just be icing. Now that MS is doing it I expect Sony will follow, even if not today.

Blast Corps on the Rare collection is tempting though!

If they weren't planning on BC I hope this kicks them in the ass to do it, and to plan for it next gen too.

If they weren't planning on BC I hope this kicks them in the ass to do it, and to plan for it next gen too.

Exactly what I'm thinking. I don't think the time is right for PSNow yet.
Getting PSX and PS2 games on PS4 should be the minimum, maybe PS3 is a bit too difficult because of the cell

In other news there are no like 5 indipendent sources reporting the FF VII remake for the Sony presser. This is crazy

Prelude.

Honestly i got the ico collection with the ps+ and i didn't like it, i hated SOTC because it's exactly what i hate of boss fights - the game, huge bosses that don't really fight are a huge deal breaker for me. I was liking Ico, but enemies totally ruined the experience.
All oh that + the fact that most of the ps2 games feel extremely dated and clunky to me.
They're not games for everyone, that's for sure.

PS3 BC is never gonna happen.

Prelude.

Shizuka, two new asian physical games in english to add to the list.

http://www.play-asia.com/nobunagas-ambition-sphere-of-influence-english/13/708ww7
http://www.play-asia.com/deception-iv-the-nightmare-princess-english-sub/13/708wmt

That Cell processor is a fucker, eh? :/
Yep, developing an emulator for the ps4 would be extremely resource/time consuming (assuming it'd be even possible with the ps4 hw) and it's not even a worthwhile investment unless it's on the console from the start.

autoduelist

If it happens, it's not because MS did it. It's either been planned for ages, or it's not happening. My money has always been on 'happening'... there's a huge market for Classics and there's lots of secondary benefits. Just not at launch, and not for PS3.

SerTapTap

Exactly what I'm thinking. I don't think the time is right for PSNow yet.
Getting PSX and PS2 games on PS4 should be the minimum, maybe PS3 is a bit too difficult because of the cell

In other news there are no like 5 indipendent sources reporting the FF VII remake for the Sony presser. This is crazy

I know of siliconera and gamesbeat, I kind of assumed Wario64 was making a joke, what else is there? I got a ticket but I think I'm too tired to go to the theater for this thing FF7 remake or no.

I know of siliconera and gamesbeat, I kind of assumed Wario64 was making a joke, what else is there? I got a ticket but I think I'm too tired to go to the theater for this thing FF7 remake or no.

One source on GAF whose identity was verified by a mod and is putting their account on the line and destructoid also has an article up now. And I don't think wario was joking

Hikami

woke up really late today so I'm having to catch up on 3 conferences zz
should be able to watch Sony's live at least

I didn't plan on watching the sony conference today since it's too late here and it's most likely not worth it but now I read this:

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=167954318&postcount=1376

Hmmm. I don't know if I'll be able to watch a stream the day after without getting spoiled on the way there.
I'm hoping this is real just because I probably won't play the game otherwise
though I was hoping for a FFVI remake first
Bc and Rare replay sold me a Xbone.
same here, probably won't get one anytime soon though..
But later on I have an actual reason to get one

bobohoro

If it happens, it's not because MS did it. It's either been planned for ages, or it's not happening. My money has always been on 'happening'... there's a huge market for Classics and there's lots of secondary benefits. Just not at launch, and not for PS3.

I just hope that if it happens they finally get it right. No buggy PS2 games, no 50HZ PSone classics, a functional and feature-packed emulator and acceptable pricing would be a bare minimum, to be honest. Else I'd rather hook up my old consoles to play stuff.

I feel ya
Got a essay over how important nonverbal communication is but I want to see how gaf is going to react if the rumors are true a lot more than I want to write.

Yup. I'll just be real and say this is the perfect excuse for me to procrastinate. It's christmas in Sonyland and you expect me to write about something I don't even care about? Nope. At least not today.

Why don't you watch that last Game of Thrones episode a second time?

Oh god, I had it out of my head and now you are bringing back all those memories again!!! I hate that show.
I love that show.

Top Bottom