• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PlayStation Network Thread | June 2015

SerTapTap

I don't pick favorites but it was a fantastic E3 with tons to look forward to
Even if I wanted to throw my 3DS through my Wii U

Paging Yasumi
300JPY.

Hope they localize this theme, looks lovely

Man I need to resist the temptation of getting these games retail but dat boxart
...and since when was Book of unwritten tales coming to PS4?!

Will gladly buy Tearaway day one retail and not just for the box art. Love the Talos Principle box art but I'm less sure on paying $50 for it. Hope more small titles start getting retail releases, even if they're online retailer exclusive. I want Firewatch and Rime and No Man's Sky and Axiom Verge and...everything, on blu ray

Li Kao

Currently playing Operation Abyss and waiting until tomorrow for my copy of Steins Gate.

Never have I played so many games or threw so much money at an handheld console. And yet people say it is dead. I think the problem is a lot more complex (or simple ?) than that. The general public tastes have changed. Japanese games are not in high demand and the American side of Sony is stupidly actively catering to this trend instead of showing the diversity of its offering. You can find excuse to them all you want, when year after year Sony is failing to find 2 minutes in its show for a fucking sizzle reel...
I'm more and more saddened by the evolution of gamers tastes these days. You always had console that offered western and eastern focused content. Now unfortunately things are more focused and you have the buy at least one system for each style of game. But you can, there are great Japanese centric consoles like the Vita or the 3DS. And yet I am at best a kid, at worst a perv or a pedophile now for liking eastern games. Excuse me for my broad range of tastes. I won't stop playing W-something nor I will stop loving a good J-something. Thanks but no thanks.
It's not the console that is dead, it's the desire of gamers to play Japanese games. And it saddens me greatly.

SerTapTap

It's not the console that is dead, it's the desire of gamers to play Japanese games. And it saddens me greatly.

Yeah I think this is a big part of it, a lot of people really want their big flashy realistic western stuff and don't seem to like Japanese stuff anymore for who knows why, I really don't get it but I'm glad my tastes aren't that narrow.

RK128

I don't pick favorites but it was a fantastic E3 with tons to look forward to
Even if I wanted to throw my 3DS through my Wii U

I agree with you :); great E3 all around despite how one company has no idea what they are doing :(.

Even though we are very aware how Sony fucked up with the Vita, they at the very least created a eco-system that can sustain itself though JP tittles, independent games, PS Now/Remote play and BC with PSP/PS1/Mini's/PS Mobile (RIP :'(). Nintendo didn't do that with the Wii U....so there's that and now the 'vile' of its reality is completely gone, leaving many completely pissed off at them, and rightfully so.

Still baffled about their new 'Metroid' tittle and Animal Crossing game; both are so far removed from their main series counterparts that I'm dumbfounded why they called them what they were :l.

Going back to Sony, I am very excited about there upcoming line up on both PS4, PS4 and Vita, and with the announcement of 'World of FF' in the west, I became impressed with them :). If they can work something out with Square to get an original FF on Vita, then I have hope for other things to come in the future from Square (KH Collection ports please :)?).

Yasumi

Banned
Most anticipated game of 2015: Persona 5
Most anticipated game announced at E3 2015: Nier 2
Most anticipated game shown at E3: Nier fucking 2

tumblr_inline_nq2d7vG4vT1r216g9_500.gif

Paging Yasumi

300JPY.
Awesomeness. Hope they bring it over or else I'd need to find an excuse to load up my JP PSN wallet.

wilflare

I don't get people saying that this E3 confirms that Vita is dead.

You tell VitaGAF to give up on the Vita right after Sony did 3 presumably impossible announcements?

#irony
there's a chance within the impossible.

maouvin

Played a bit of the Taiko V demo. Has 2 songs (one from Ridge Racer, don't know the other), oni difficulty already unlocked. Seems to have a bit of the RPG mode, but I didn't have the time to mess with it since I can't japanese.

About controls: there are 6 control options, none of them involve touch, and four of them allow you to use the analogs (in addition to face and shoulder buttons, of course).

Also, someone on the series discussion thread said it's not compatible with the Vita TV.

mauaus

Man im a sucker for these "get money back " promos... bought batman and then Rainbow Six Siege and MGSV... Is there a limit or is it $15 per $100?

As PSMobile is shutting down, I am working on a top 25 or 30 best video and/or article. Here is the list I got that I need to cut down and order.

Gunhouse
MUSYNC
Chimpact
Console Saga
BLAST NINJA
The Game Lab Project
Behind You
Adventure Bar Labyrinth
UFO Dad
Nostatic - Quiet Games
Front Wars: World War II Turn-Based Strategy
Tuffy the Corgi and the Tower of Bones
Bike Rider DX
MonokeSlashdown
Trucks and Skulls
Super Tank Poker
Passing Time
Little Acorns
Roll in The Hole
TOKYO JUNGLE Mobile
Feed Me Oil
rymdkapsel
OUT OF MIND
Switch Galaxy
Super Skull Smash GO!
Cubixx
Pop Bugs Zap
Picbox
Gun Commando
Beats Slider
Haunt the House: Terrortown
Life of Pixle
Cosmic Clean-Up
Surge
Puzziball
sixty second shooter Deluxe
Rebel
Fuel Tiracas
Super Crate Box

Let me know if I am missing something that should be added or if you think some should be high on the list.

SerTapTap

Going back to Sony, I am very excited about there upcoming line up on both PS4, PS4 and Vita, and with the announcement of 'World of FF' in the west, I became impressed with them :). If they can work something out with Square to get an original FF on Vita, then I have hope for other things to come in the future from Square (KH Collection ports please :)?).

I'll get FF7 remake day one but what I want to know more about are Horizon, World of FF and all them Morpheus games since those of us not at the show barely got to see jack. I'm a sucker for the well done cutesy FF stuff like the Chocobo series and Theatrhythm. Seeing a full RPG like that with all the best FF monsters and summons would be awesome. And it's even playstation exclusive, which is apparently Extremely Important these days yet I don't see it come up in exclusives discussions yet.

I don't get people saying that this E3 confirms that Vita is dead.

The only people saying that are the same ones who have said that since 2013 and the same ones who only count western developed AAA Sony first party games as "real games" in Listwarz

RK128

I'll get FF7 remake day one but what I want to know more about are Horizon, World of FF and all them Morpheus games since those of us not at the show barely got to see jack. I'm a sucker for the well done cutesy FF stuff like the Chocobo series and Theatrhythm. Seeing a full RPG like that with all the best FF monsters and summons would be awesome. And it's even playstation exclusive, which is apparently Extremely Important these days yet I don't see it come up in exclusives discussions yet.

The only people saying that are the same ones who have said that since 2013 and the same ones who only count western developed AAA Sony first party games as "real games" in Listwarz

I'm looking forward to "The World of FF" myself :D. Was really happy to see the 'PS Vita' logo when the trailer ended, shows me that Square sees value in the console and that it could lead to future cross-platform PS Vita/PS4 tittles (KH Collection hopefully :)?). Besides, the games looks very promising with its usage of the FF creatures and I love the artstyle of the game; it looks so expressive and clean.

And regarding the Vita's future....its fine :l. We all know the deal for the console; Sony not making full AAA tittles for it, but working with both Indie developers and JP publishers/developers getting there tittles on the platform. Granted, many want to see 'big' games for the system, but I am more then happy with the systems future line-up :D.

I have at least 10-20 games I plan to pick up across the next few months and I'm sure I will be buying a ton more next year :D!

I will say this about the system too; Sony made lemons out of lemonade. They took a platform that was struggling and worked hard in 2013/2014 in creating an eco system for developers and publishers to get software on the platform with minimal internal funding. And thanks to those efforts and us 'voting with our wallets' by buying tittles like SAO: Hallow Fragment, Demon Gaze, Persona 4 Golden and the Dragnorompa series, we got a huge wave of localization's coming alongside grand indie support for the foreseeable future.

I feel more confident about the Vita's future than the Wii U's future, and I used to be a very loud voice against Sony last year XD.

SerTapTap

Regarding world of FF, sounds like their big goal is make an accessible FF games anyone can play, even kids, so it makes sense for it to be on the portable as well as the home console. The cute graphics should be easy to port without losing too much of the intent too. Plus Japan + Vita still does well enough it seems.

I do wish they'd start bundling PS4 + Vita though, even at only a minor discount, like $50 off separate buys.

Kudo

Just unboxed my PSTV, did the initial setup and played some Senran Kagura Shinovi Versus on it and I have to say I fell in love.
I never was a big handheld person in the first place but Vita has so many exclusives I just NEED, so getting to play these games on my big screen upscaled to 720p with Dualshock 4 is really godsent. Definitely recommend it.
Not going to sell my Vita anywhere cause it's really useful to have too, just upload your saves to PS+ and when leaving home can easily play all the games on road too, just love it.

Seriously hope Ray Gigant and Tokyo Xanadu will support PSTV too. (And the YuruYuri rhythm game)

wilflare

and these are the PS4 Zealots I'm referring to

@Tizoc, @YianGaruga, hope this answers your question on the steam thread

2+2=5

The Amiga Brotherhood
I thought it was a Sony trailer, that one was posted here before.
Really? I missed it lol.

I'm looking forward to "The World of FF" myself :D. Was really happy to see the 'PS Vita' logo when the trailer ended, shows me that Square sees value in the console and that it could lead to future cross-platform PS Vita/PS4 tittles (KH Collection hopefully :)?). Besides, the games looks very promising with its usage of the FF creatures and I love the artstyle of the game; it looks so expressive and clean.

And regarding the Vita's future....its fine :l. We all know the deal for the console; Sony not making full AAA tittles for it, but working with both Indie developers and JP publishers/developers getting there tittles on the platform. Granted, many want to see 'big' games for the system, but I am more then happy with the systems future line-up :D.

I have at least 10-20 games I plan to pick up across the next few months and I'm sure I will be buying a ton more next year :D!

I will say this about the system too; Sony made lemons out of lemonade. They took a platform that was struggling and worked hard in 2013/2014 in creating an eco system for developers and publishers to get software on the platform with minimal internal funding. And thanks to those efforts and us 'voting with our wallets' by buying tittles like SAO: Hallow Fragment, Demon Gaze, Persona 4 Golden and the Dragnorompa series, we got a huge wave of localization's coming alongside grand indie support for the foreseeable future.

I feel more confident about the Vita's future than the Wii U's future, and I used to be a very loud voice against Sony last year XD.
And you are right, Vita was always healtier than wiiu despite what people wants to think.

Wiiu has only nintendo support and what do you think will happen when the nx will be close to the release? The wiiu will be officially dead because nintendo will stop making wiiu games.

Vita on the other hand doesn't have sony support but it has many third parties making games for it and since probably there won't be a vita 2 ( :mad: ) vita will be support as long as developers feel to.

Gaf has this misconception that everything is USA, so if in the USA wiiu sells more than vita then wiiu is healtier than vita, but that's not how things work, in the USA the wiiu sells better than vita but still not enough to interest western developers, western developers that are not interested in handhelds in any case, in japan on the other hand vita sells enough to interest japanese third parties while wiiu not, the result is that we get lots of japanese games while wiiu only gets nintendo games(i'm not counting indies obviously)

Some people should learn to think with their own brain but they prefer to delegate to haters.

RK128

Really? I missed it lol.

And you are right, Vita was always healtier than wiiu despite what people wants to think.

Wiiu has only nintendo support and what do you think will happen when the nx will be close to the release? The wiiu will be officially dead because nintendo will stop making wiiu games.

Vita on the other hand doesn't have sony support but it has many third parties making games for it and since probably there won't be a vita 2 ( :mad: ) vita will be support as long as developers feel to.

Gaf has this misconception that everything is USA, so if in the USA wiiu sells more than vita then wiiu is healtier than vita, but that's not how things works, wiiu sells better than vita but still not enough to interest western developers, western developers that ae not interested in handhelds in any case, in japan on the other hand vita sells enough to interest japanese third parties while wiiu not.

Some people should learn to think with their own brain but they prefer to delegate to haters.

I was always of the mind that the Wii U and the Vita are different sides of the same coin; both facing the same core issues but tackling them in very different ways.

The big difference looking back at Nintendo's Digital Event this year, is that Nintendo took a 'short term' approach to things; throw EVERTHING at the Wii U and pray something sticks and sells. Smash Bros, Mario Kart 8, Splatoon, Hyrule Warriors and many other tittles just thrown at the thing like baseballs to the bat; but each shot missing sadly :(. So, they decided "Welp, move our unannounced stuff to NX" and now we have people calling for blood about why the Wii U looked so 'dead'....but its has always BEEN dead. Nintendo has been very skillful masking that for the last year and a half....and I fell for it, almost being tempted to buy one. Glad I didn't and deciding on a PS4 in the future....

Sony was smarter, looking into their future for the PS4 and decided:
"Well, lets start spacing out our first party line up for the Vita starting in 2013-2014, so that way we can make deals with our independent partners and Japanese publishing partners. Then, we can come up with a sustaining plan for the console and we can then slowly push our studios on to PS4 projects to beef up that line up while this new eco system takes over for us. People may be upset about this move, but its the smarter option".

And, while in the short term this lead to many calling the Vita 'dead' and just fostering a lot of anger.....I look at today and see the massive library of games available on the system from both Sony and third party developers, alongside independent developers putting great stuff on the platform. The Vita is life, it has its identity and I am proud to own this lovely system :').

adarker

Banned
As PSMobile is shutting down, I am working on a top 25 or 30 best video and/or article. Here is the list I got that I need to cut down and order.

Gunhouse
MUSYNC
Chimpact
Console Saga
BLAST NINJA
The Game Lab Project
Behind You
Adventure Bar Labyrinth
UFO Dad
Nostatic - Quiet Games
Front Wars: World War II Turn-Based Strategy
Tuffy the Corgi and the Tower of Bones
Bike Rider DX
MonokeSlashdown
Trucks and Skulls
Super Tank Poker
Passing Time
Little Acorns
Roll in The Hole
TOKYO JUNGLE Mobile
Feed Me Oil
rymdkapsel
OUT OF MIND
Switch Galaxy
Super Skull Smash GO!
Cubixx
Pop Bugs Zap
Picbox
Gun Commando
Beats Slider
Haunt the House: Terrortown
Life of Pixle
Cosmic Clean-Up
Surge
Puzziball
sixty second shooter Deluxe
Rebel
Fuel Tiracas
Super Crate Box

Let me know if I am missing something that should be added or if you think some should be high on the list.

Haunt the House: Terrortown should be #1!

eFKac

Hey FriedConsole, great to see you hit on the PSM topic, haven't played a lot of Mobile games cause not many are compatible with PSTV in my region, but one I would add is the latest addition - Deer Danger? Deer Damage? It looks promising. It would be cool if you'd check it out and say what you think.

Tizoc

I am $31 away from having spent $100 on US PSN.
Some of my picks include
Jeanne d'arc ($15)
Parappa PSP ($15)
Half minute hero ($10)
Lunar SSH ($15)
Bomberman Fantasy Race ($6)
Arc the Lad games
Galaxy Fight
Xenogears
Tomba!
WWE All-stars ($20)

I need some of these to go on a flash sale, Sonty pls.

wilflare

I am $31 away from having spent $100 on US PSN.
Some of my picks include
Jeanne d'arc ($15)
Parappa PSP ($15)
Half minute hero ($10)
Lunar SSH ($15)
Bomberman Fantasy Race ($6)
Arc the Lad games
Galaxy Fight
Xenogears
Tomba!
WWE All-stars ($20)

I need some of these to go on a flash sale, Sonty pls.

lol Tizoc control control

Caved in an bought a ps4 bundled with Last of us, Bloodborne and The order 1886 yesterday. Oh and I ended up buying Infamous: Second son too AND I'm downloading Ground Zeroes because it's free with Playstation +.
Today was a good day.

eFKac

Caved in an bought a ps4 bundled with Last of us, Bloodborne and The order 1886 yesterday. Oh and I ended up buying Infamous: Second son too AND I'm downloading Ground Zeroes because it's free with Playstation +.
Today was a good day.

That's a lot of playing and a good selection of games as well, congrats!

Don't forget to take a look at the indie library, there's a lot of gems to be found.

Also DriveClub if racing games are your thing.

Kudo

Today was a good day.

So many great games, you're going to have some serious fun with it!

My PS4 just turned itself on and started beeping like crazy. It wasn't even on standby.
Mine started doing that every 2 days. Then every day. Then every hour. I eventually sent it in for repairs, got it all done in 2 days and didn't spend a dime. Ever since then, it's been over a year and it works beautifully. I'd recommend giving customer service a call.

Kudo

Yep, doing that now. I had heard about similar stuff happening when the console launched but hadn't heard much about it since.

Had the same problem happen to me 3 times last year, removed the little leather stand on the front of console near eject button and bought vertical stand haven't happened since that.
No idea if this is real fix to it cause I've heard people still getting it after doing these so I don't recommend it. The problem is very random could take months for it to happen again if at all, no idea what causes it.

That's a lot of playing and a good selection of games as well, congrats!

Don't forget to take a look at the indie library, there's a lot of gems to be found.

Also DriveClub if racing games are your thing.

Thanks! I will!

I'm thinking about maybe picking up Project Cars while I'm at it :D

AsfaeksBR

Chaos Rings.

RPGs are not my thing but I am bought it and going to try it. PSTV compatible at least.

Haunt the House: Terrortown should be #1!

Definitely could be the best looking PSMobile game. It was fun. Not sure about #1 tho.

Hey FriedConsole, great to see you hit on the PSM topic, haven't played a lot of Mobile games cause not many are compatible with PSTV in my region, but one I would add is the latest addition - Deer Danger? Deer Damage? It looks promising. It would be cool if you'd check it out and say what you think.

Oh, Deer! Alpha is not PSTV compatible in NA. Why? No idea. So no video from me. It runs smooth then gets hitchy. Reminds me a lot of Roadblasters with the car on a stick physics and having to collect fuel by running over deer. Hard to control the car. One track but I can't get to the end. Kinda disappointing as I wanted OutRun but not the worse game.

8LB75OI.jpg

oV6f5XZ.jpg

Got some more PSMobile videos coming.

Mine started doing that every 2 days. Then every day. Then every hour. I eventually sent it in for repairs, got it all done in 2 days and didn't spend a dime. Ever since then, it's been over a year and it works beautifully. I'd recommend giving customer service a call.

Had the same problem happen to me 3 times last year, removed the little leather stand on the front of console near eject button and bought vertical stand haven't happened since that.
No idea if this is real fix to it cause I've heard people still getting it after doing these so I don't recommend it. The problem is very random could take months for it to happen again if at all, no idea what causes it.
Thanks for your help, guys. I left it off while I watched some TV and it seems okay... for now. My copy of Arkham Knight should be here in a day or two so it'd suck if it broke or I had to send it off now.

It's just an E3 demo, they're usually spoiler free.

Same here, even though I know half of the game's plot-twists.

The thing that broke Danganronpa for me was watching the anime before playing the game. Even without any spoilers, as it is now I have only a very vague idea of how the game looks and works. I want to be "wowed" again, discover how everything in the game looks, feels, etc on my own. I find that the more I do this with games, the more fun I get out of them.

TOP OF THE PAGE: If you are Canadian, go preorder your stuff now on Amazon or best buy and get your 20-30% off games! Today is the last day!

Top Bottom