• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PlayStation Network Thread | June 2015

AsfaeksBR

You traitor, that's not a Vita game! Least you can do now is play the whole thing through remote play.

Without L2/R2 L3/R3? Probably not happening.

What's the difference between buying REV 2 complete and buying episode 1 and season pass since that is cheaper?

iirc, the Complete Version comes with Raid Mode and some extra content that's not available on the Season Pass

TOTP: Buy Operation Abyss next week, or else Shizuka will haunt you in your sleep

Kudo

One trophy away from Platinum Dengeki Bunko Fighting Climax! Never have I had so much fun with fighting game.

PS4, PS Vita, and PlayStation TV Final Fantasy XIV: Heavensward editions announced for Japan
http://gematsu.com/2015/06/ps4-ps-v...tasy-xiv-heavensward-editions-announced-japan

Makai Shin Trillion trailer with some gameplay
https://youtu.be/nl9kLPd17hQ
This whole situation with the CEO is just so weird. Either that or they Kojima their fans now lol.

That aside, having looked up the premise and some concept art, I hope that this game gets brought over, looks like something fun to play on the Vita.

Stanng243

So the blog post said Lego Ninjago shadow of Ronin dropped 10$ in price. So I chatted with support at 9:30 AM Wednesday morning EST. There response was wait for the store to be updated. When I said the update happened yesterday, their only response was to try again later.

SerTapTap

Thanks! But I don't know if it's my cup of tea...Point & click and stealth aren't my favourite genres :/
If it ever comes to PS+ I'll surely give it a try though.

It's more of a comedy game than anything. Everything can be/is done by brute force not point and click logic or savestate reloading stealth. I'd buy it based on whether you think you'll like the humor more than anything else

Anyone else kinda disappointed with the new Fallout trailer? The Witcher has spoiled me, Fallout 4 did not look as good as I hoped it looked. Don't get me wrong, I don't really care about graphics in games, but seeing how long they worked on the game vs something like the witcher and one looking miles ahead of the other, I can't help but notice that. I'll probably still buy the game but damn. It looks kinda rough.

Kudo

Anyone else kinda disappointed with the new Fallout trailer? The Witcher has spoiled me, Fallout 4 did not look as good as I hoped it looked. Don't get me wrong, I don't really care about graphics in games, but seeing how long they worked on the game vs something like the witcher and one looking miles ahead of the other, I can't help but notice that. I'll probably still buy the game but damn. It looks kinda rough.

I am, I think it looks aged already and if it is releasing in 2016? Certainly not something I was prepared for.
I'll have new gaming PC by then so we'll see how it looks everything maxed but not having my hopes up, trailers should have the maximum setup I guess.

Nice! I can't remember exactly how, but it's been done before. When you insert the disc in the console, it'll ask you if you want to link the game to the current account or something.

Nice. I'll definitely get a PS4 copy now. That's insane value

VLiberty

Today is definitely not your lucky day.

Super Exploding Zoo actually has a pretty long first loading

Don't. The framerate is shit.

Man I regret getting excited for that game.

Is it at Jak level of bad?

It's more of a comedy game than anything. Everything can be/is done by brute force not point and click logic or savestate reloading stealth. I'd buy it based on whether you think you'll like the humor more than anything else

It looks like the kind of humor that might click with me...but still I'm afraid that the gameplay might not be my cup of tea :/
I know that I'll probably bite if the game will be discounted, though.

Prelude.

I read that the original j-stars had screenshots blocked on Vita and I'd like to know if they fixed it in the localized release, so it'd be nice if people asked them on twitter (or RT this). If you care about screenshots, of course. I think their most active account is BandaiNamcoEU.

iosefe

hey guys, having a problem with my vita.

i'm trying to copy some of my larger games back on, but when i do, it practically freezes and shows thousands of minutes remaining. for example, God of War was over 4000 minutes. any idea what could be wrong?

it might be worth noting my cable is a bit frayed near the USB side where it connects

Skulls of the Shogun crashed within five minutes of my first time playing it.

Dammit.

When I hear about problems I usually say I will wait to play when patched and then I never do.

Did they fix Ether One yet?

PS+ launch games always be broken. This, Ether One, Secret Ponchos, and Apotheon. I am going to now assume every PS4 on release PS+ game will be buggy.

hey guys, having a problem with my vita.

i'm trying to copy some of my larger games back on, but when i do, it practically freezes and shows thousands of minutes remaining. for example, God of War was over 4000 minutes. any idea what could be wrong?

it might be worth noting my cable is a bit frayed near the USB side where it connects

Try a reboot of the system. Fixes a lot of things.

iosefe

Try a reboot of the system. Fixes a lot of things.

i've rebooted, and reformated, it happened to GoW after. before the formatting, i tried SSD

*edit*

seems copying to is my issue in general. i can go Vita > PC no problem, but i'm trying to transfer my RO:ace save back over and it did the freeze

Today is definitely not your lucky day.
It's those darn PS+ games getting pushed out to make the update date.
Dammit.

When I hear about problems I usually say I will wait to play when patched and then I never do.

PS+ launch games always be broken. This, Ether One, Secret Ponchos, and Apotheon. I am going to now assume every PS4 on release PS+ game will be buggy.
I got a pretty big patch for Ether One earlier but it doesn't sound like they've actually fixed anything, so much as just disable autosaving in some areas.

SerTapTap

Dammit.

Dev matters more than PS+ launch. Velocity 2X was fantastic. Port of a PC game from a dev not known to work on consoles should be a warning sign though.

Man God

Non-Canon Member
..On PS4? Not at all. This is confirmed to be a disc with a code for PS3/Vita btw.

Just in general. That's how PC and most Bone games work. Also I thought the vast majority of PS4 games also install and basically use the Blu-Ray to install it and as another form of DRM.

Just in general. That's how PC and most Bone games work. Also I thought the vast majority of PS4 games also install and basically use the Blu-Ray to install it and as another form of DRM.

I've never heard that about the Xbox One, but I don't have one. Not sure what you point is anyway.

SerTapTap

They install on Xbone and PS4 but it's nothing like PC. You can still take any used game and play it on any number of consoles. It's just the logical extreme of the minor installs some PS3/360 games had since optical disks are great (ish) for storage but absolutely horrible for performance.

RK128

That is great; can pick up the PS3 version then play the Vita version whenever that releases :).

I really didn't enjoy Sonic Rivals at all. Just felt really off and got boring after about half an hour. Meh :(

It's not clicking with me either :(; played two races and got annoyed with the controls. Still, it has a great soundtrack like other Sonic's and the visuals look great on the Vita :).

bobohoro

Thought about buying Steins;Gate. But 45 Euro, wow! It'll be on sale someday.

What's up with that, seriously? Wanted to grab it digital on friday, but like this I'd rather get a physical copy from France/UK for ~30€. Haven't seen any update if it's an error or not yet.

Since I wanna have something to play over the weekend I might be getting Operation Abyss first after all.

Man God

Non-Canon Member
Steins;Gate is definitely my next major Vita purchase, but I'm busy enough this summer and fall that I'll wait until it gets a good and proper sale.

Saphirax

What's up with that, seriously? Wanted to grab it digital on friday, but like this I'd rather get a physical copy from France/UK for ~30€. Haven't seen any update if it's an error or not yet.

Since I wanna have something to play over the weekend I might be getting Operation Abyss first after all.

Even OA costs more than expected (and it's worse for those in the UK). The prices just keep getting insane :p.

Tapejara

Ugh, remote play sucks for Beach Buggy Racing. The control scheme has accelerate and brake mapped to the two top corners of the touchscreen instead of the shoulder buttons. Tweeted Vector Unit, so hopefully they plan to patch it.

Oneself

Ugh, remote play sucks for Beach Buggy Racing. The control scheme has accelerate and brake mapped to the two top corners of the touchscreen instead of the shoulder buttons. Tweeted Vector Unit, so hopefully they plan to patch it.

How's the PS4 version... No reason to run at less than 60fps / 1080p right?

Etria

Videogamesplus.ca have pre-orders up for Corpse Party & EDF2. Needless to say I pre-ordered both!

Thanks for the heads up! Thinking of grabbing Corpse Party :)

What billing address should i use on amazon.com so it won't charge me extra tax >_>;

I use an address in Oregon provided to me by the postal system in my country. Just Google a place there?

autoduelist

can't you just remap it yourself in the meantime?

Sparkle Unleashed is the third version of Sparkle on PSN and does little to change the same Zuma ripoff gameplay it had before.

To be fair, Zuma was a knockoff too. But yeah, Sparkle is 'just good enough' and nothing more... the atmosphere (cheap badly written hippy magic vibe) doesn't do it any favors either. Still I had fun with the verison I bought (i think 2).

Top Bottom