• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PlayStation Network Thread | May 2016

King's Quest is on sale, but I'm kind of confused. I have Episode 1 from PS+ a while ago. I thought if you already owned part of a bundle they wouldn't let you purchase the bundle, but I'm not seeing anything in the store indicating that I already own Episode 1.
Should I get the complete edition or just the season pass?

kanuuna

Anyone have their Uncharted 4 pre-order (EU) charged yet? I went to check my downloads list on the web page and ran into an error message there, saying that they had failed to charge the pre-order - which I find strange, because they should've been able to charge my card.

Benedict

Confirmed that Shadow of the Beast will include the original Amiga game!

The original score is also available as an unlockable in the new game.

AU7Amsc.gif

I just saw Stranger of Sword City going up on EU PSN. Should be up in UK on midnight local time as well. I wonder what caused the extra delay?

Benedict

Having a slow start on my 52 games challenge this year. At least I played two Vita games. Wish they were better though. Flame Over have potential and could have been so much better.

Shitsumi is a lost cause.

6: Flame Over (PS Vita) Started April 15th. 25 hrs?
#Finished 2016-05-01 (60% trophies)
Frustrating and not so rewarding game that has a good core that never evolves to what it should be. The controls are a unwieldy and unresponsive. Graphics are OK and the music is horrible. The gameplay is unforgiving and not explained enough.
My time with it has still been quite fun since the core gameplay is good, but it could have been so much better. Will not platinum it since some of the trophys are terrrible to achieve.
Will try it on PS4 and Steam as well.
6/10

7: Shütsimi (PS Vita) Started May 5th, 1 h tops.
Stopped playing May 5th. (10% trophies)
Well this was a shitty game. At least I found satisfaction clearing some space on my memory card.
3/10

wilflare

Not sure if you guys have been following
but Masquerada: Songs and Shadows is coming to PSN as well!
The Kickstarter campaign has only 60minutes left! - https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/13978330/masquerada-songs-and-shadows

Do take a look at this Real-Time Tactical RPG with Pause! (features some amazing voice talent too such as Matthew Mercer (Fire Emblem Chrom), Jennifer Hale (Mass Effect), Dale Fennoy (The Walking Dead) and Felicia Day!
http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1210957

VLiberty

I've yet to play from start to finish a Vita game this year. Or 3DS for that matter, although I've at least started Boxboy and DKCR 3D on it and I'll eventualy go through both of them.

On vita I tried to play games that weren't in my backlog. I was playing Grim Fandango, Lone Survivor and Nova 111 and ended up dropping all three of them since I'm not into those genres at all. It was a bit stupid to start games I wasn't all that interested in, considering I have 30+ games in my backlog I really want to play, but on the other hand sometimes it's not wrong to try new kind of games I wouldn't play usually.

autoduelist

6: Flame Over (PS Vita) Started April 15th. 25 hrs?
#Finished 2016-05-01 (60% trophies)
Frustrating and not so rewarding game that has a good core that never evolves to what it should be. The controls are a unwieldy and unresponsive. Graphics are OK and the music is horrible. The gameplay is unforgiving and not explained enough.
My time with it has still been quite fun since the core gameplay is good, but it could have been so much better. Will not platinum it since some of the trophys are terrrible to achieve.
Will try it on PS4 and Steam as well.
6/10

7: Shütsimi (PS Vita) Started May 5th, 1 h tops.
Stopped playing May 5th. (10% trophies)
Well this was a shitty game. At least I found satisfaction clearing some space on my memory card.
3/10

I absolutely loved Flame Over. It wasn't perfect, but it was definitely challenging in all the right ways. Thought the controls were just fine, and it felt really good putting fires out [like, it was satisfying in all the right ways]. You definitely master it over time, since you need to learn how to put fires out fast in order to survive the entire game.

Plat'ing it wasn't bad at all. Some of the trophies that sound hard aren't particularly difficult once you have the game mastered (that is to say, stuff like running out of time makes beating the game seem impossible, but by the time I was done playing I could beat the game and have a lot of time left over) -- part of mastering the game involves looking at the level map and optimizing your route, and going into a room and knowing how to get the fire out in 5 seconds rather than letting it turn into a 30+ second fiasco.

-----------------------

Shutsimi --
it's... a good game for what it is, though I agree it's not great. Having 10 second levels in a bullet hell, where you get a random crazy powerup for each 10 second segment is just an odd idea for a game. It does sort of work at times, although it never got its hooks in me and gave me a reason to get better.

incpdo

I've yet to play from start to finish a Vita game this year. Or 3DS for that matter, although I've at least started Boxboy and DKCR 3D on it and I'll eventualy go through both of them.

On vita I tried to play games that weren't in my backlog. I was playing Grim Fandango, Lone Survivor and Nova 111 and ended up dropping all three of them since I'm not into those genres at all. It was a bit stupid to start games I wasn't all that interested in, considering I have 30+ games in my backlog I really want to play, but on the other hand sometimes it's not wrong to try new kind of games I wouldn't play usually.
I think you did well. You tried but youre not into those genres so you drop them. That's OK
I have a massive backlog of jrpgs on my Vita but for some reason borderlands 2 has all my time. I'm about to finish the game. I'm not a big fan of fps but this mixed bag of RPG and fps plus the cyberpunk comic aesthetics are great.

UrbanRats

So now the PSN won't let me buy shit.
Tried to buy Uncharted 4 and Gravity Rush, but it won't accept my cc anymore (and yes, it did work up until a couple of weeks ago) nor PayPal.
I noticed this is a widespread issue for Sony, and they dont seem to have solved it yet, after months.

If I buy a psn credit code, will it work, or will I find myself with a useless 70€ slip of paper? This is ridiculous.

Tried to buy Uncharted 4 and Gravity Rush, but it won't accept my cc anymore (and yes, it did work up until a couple of weeks ago) nor PayPal.
I noticed this is a widespread issue for Sony, and they dont seem to have solved it yet, after months.

If I buy a psn credit code, will it work, or will I find myself with a useless 70€ slip of paper? This is ridiculous.
I get card and PayPal errors periodically. Can't purchase on anything. I just buy some PSN codes from Amazon and by the next time a sale comes around the issue is usually gone. Comes back two or three times per year though.

Saphirax

Every few months the same happens to me. You can either wait 24 hours (unless you kept trying to buy games 2394723794 times, then you'd need to wait a lot longer) or, yes, buy a psn code.

UrbanRats

I get card and PayPal errors periodically. Can't purchase on anything. I just buy some PSN codes from Amazon and by the next time a sale comes around the issue is usually gone. Comes back two or three times per year though.

Every few months the same happens to me. You can either wait 24 hours (unless you kept trying to buy games 2394723794 times, then you'd need to wait a lot longer) or, yes, buy a psn code.
Goddamn, that's crazy.

Any place that just gives you the code to Input, instead of having to wait for the card to get here? Or I guess I could go out and buy one retail, though it sorts of defeat the purpose of buying digitally, lol.

Goddamn, that's crazy.

Any place that just gives you the code to Input, instead of having to wait for the card to get here? Or I guess I could go out and buy one retail, though it sorts of defeat the purpose of buying digitally, lol.

Depends on you region. Amazon does.

UrbanRats

Depends on you region. Amazon does.
Yeah I think Amazon Italy is just going to send me the plastic case and everything, which even beyond the waiting period (considering the weekend, too) seems like an absurd waste of resources, when an email would suffice.

I'll look into it more though.

SnakeXs

about the same metal capacity as a cucumber
Having a weird networking issue. I can't connect to PSN. When I start up the home screen is fine, friends list loads, can see activities, but if I go to a game and try to play it hangs trying to connect to PSN, and if I go back home then friend's list is gone and just a loading circle shows. Internet connection test says all is well. Anyone got a clue what the issue could be?

RK128

-looks up from his Vita-

Quiet as hell in here.

I'm sorry I haven't been posting here everyone :(. Been busy with college work and my various Retrospective Projects I have going on on Gaf. It somewhat relates considering they are on PlayStation systems but the following Retrospectives I recently made are on PS Systems :).

Ratchet & Clank Future: A Crack in Time - http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1214591&highlight=
Crash 1 - http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1214625&highlight=
Spyro 2 - http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1215691&highlight=
Mega Man X5 - http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1215901&highlight=

If you guys haven't read them, hope you give them a read if you have the chance :D.

Will be playing more Vita-related games in the next month or so when I have more funds to get games (want to get Ray Gaint, Digimon, Axiom Verge and other titles), so will be able to join in on the conversation in due time :).

I just moved on from mainly gaming on my Vita I suppose, so I haven't felt the need to post in this thread as much compared to the past. Sorry if this thread has been quiet lately but I stopped using my Vita exclusively for many games, so I hope you all understand.

RK128

Just a idea I had floating around in my head for a bit, just a long mulit-part Retrospective covering the history of the Vita itself over time. Making it on Vita games is silly but the system itself might be a fun experiment for me; only made Retrospectives on game series/franchises so far.

If you guys are for this idea, let me know and if there is enough interest, will consider this in the future :).

UrbanRats

Play-Asia has italian ones, but at a small markup. Don't know any specific Italian sites so I can't help more.

http://www.play-asia.com/digital_codes/playstation_network/14/711z3#fc=v:37

Thanks.
Though i waited 24 hours and now it let me buy Gravity Rush (which is what i REALLY wanted, given the limited time offer).
Still won't let me pre-order Uncharted though, so maybe i'll just wait for a sale on that one/buy it used at retail, fuck it.
Kinda took the wind off my "impulse purchase" so there's the silver-lining (for my wallet, less for Sony).
I could've bought some codes but the mark-up annoyed me, paying (more) for money is absurd, lol.
If they can't be bothered to fix this, i've got other places i can spend my money on anyway.

Yep I've been playing lots of games. After my last ban I don't feel like posting as much as before.

Played Shantae Risky's Revenge on PS4 which was very cool, and now I'm playing Severed.

The Atlus/NISA/SEGA situation is still bothering me, it's hard to get excited about a good number of games that way. So I try to play some games rather than talk (and complain and get banned) about them.

RK128

Yep I've been playing lots of games. After my last ban I don't feel like posting as much as before.

Played Shantae Risky's Revenge on PS4 which was very cool, and now I'm playing Severed.

The Atlus/NISA/SEGA situation is still bothering me, it's hard to get excited about a good number of games that way. So I try to play some games rather than talk (and complain and get banned) about them.

You have a good mentality honestly; better to play games and enjoy them, rather then post in a place that discourages discussion sometimes. I stopped posting in Vita-focused threads for that reason honestly.

The Atlus situation is more easier to deal with thanks to importing/using a US PSN account for PS4 but its very annoying if you have a Nintendo 3DS (region locking) or Vita (account switching is annoying).

Happy you are enjoying Severed and Shantate though :D! The former should of been good considering Drinkbox rock as a studio and the later is a fun game in a very strong series.

maouvin

-looks up from his Vita-

Quiet as hell in here.

Overwatch open beta is taking all my free time.

On the week before OW's open beta I plat'd Severed and finished Nights of Azure (no way I'm trophy hunting this). After the beta ends I'll go back to Rorona+, Felghana and Hundred Knight.
Then at the end of the month Overwatch releases and I'll be damned again. But June's releases will surely drive me away from that for a bit.

But it's oh so wonderful to have this plenty to play :)

Kudo

Same here, playing Overwatch while waiting for Uncharted 4 to hit.
Latest Persona 5 trailer really bit me, can't believe how hyped I am for it even myself.

incpdo

Just a idea I had floating around in my head for a bit, just a long mulit-part Retrospective covering the history of the Vita itself over time. Making it on Vita games is silly but the system itself might be a fun experiment for me; only made Retrospectives on game series/franchises so far.

If you guys are for this idea, let me know and if there is enough interest, will consider this in the future :).
I would love to see this on Sony portable consoles .

incpdo

So one for the PSP and one for the Vita? Considering how both are so connected, might combine the idea :). Thank you for the suggestion buddy :D!
Yeah the combination of both I think would make a great post so people actually understand how the things are and were. No problem man . looking forward for this!

Hikami

Finally quit that MMO I was playing. Now I can finally get back to my Vita/PS4. Haven't even touched Ray Gigant yet and I bought it a while ago.

RK128

Yeah the combination of both I think would make a great post so people actually understand how the things are and were. No problem man . looking forward for this!

Yep, I completely agree. Once this week is over, will start drafting the Sony Portable Retrospective :).

I am stoked for Uncharted actually. Even if I don't play it extensively throughout the week, I am more than okay with that, this being ND's latest and last Drake adventure. I'm gonna savour it and see if it beats The Last of Us for me.

I'm on the edge . idk if I should buy it or buy stranger of sword city.

Of the little I played of both, as someone that enjoys DRPGs, I'd lean towards Ray Gigant, but I wouldn't really call that game a traditional DRPG anyway. It's kind of an interesting game, in my eyes it's more of a VN with turn based battles in it more than anything. It's hard to explain, Shizuka did a review on the game so he might be able to phrase it a little better.

SoSC is there to fuck you. Game will not feel bad for you and will try to screw you over as many times as it can. Game is hard. Grindy. You like those types of games, go for it. If you want a story, go with Ray Gigant. If you have a PS4, get Uncharted 4.

ryseing

I've been messing around with Paragon and Overwatch. The rise of the MOBA/hero shooter has been fascinating to watch. Paragon leans more to the former and Overwatch to the latter, with Battleborn somewhere in between. If you like that sort of thing it's a good time for you.

I've enjoyed the OW beta enough to preorder.

incpdo

Have you ever played any DRPG before? Do you like hard games?

i have Demon gaze , Operation Abyss and i have played the eliminage game on the psp and the eye of the beholder and mazes of fate on gba. I like the old shin megami tensei games and also the DS titles. didnt played etryan odyssey. Im not a big fan of hard difficulty but if the story or strategy is good then i would buy it.

Shizuka

i have Demon gaze , Operation Abyss and i have played the eliminage game on the psp and the eye of the beholder and mazes of fate on gba. I like the old shin megami tensei games and also the DS titles. didnt played etryan odyssey. Im not a big fan of hard difficulty but if the story or strategy is good then i would buy it.

I'd suggest Ray Gigant before Stranger of Sword City then.

autoduelist

I'd suggest Ray Gigant before Stranger of Sword City then.

No way. If he likes Op Abyss, Elminage, and the old SMT games he should definitely go for Stranger of Sword City, no doubt about it. I haven't played Ray Gigant, but based on everyone's comments here [a bit visual novel at times, easy] it's a far cry from what he's played. On the other hand, he's into stuff like Elminage which means SoSc will be just fine for him.

Shizuka

No way. If he likes Op Abyss, Elminage, and the old SMT games he should definitely go for Stranger of Sword City, no doubt about it. I haven't played Ray Gigant, but based on everyone's comments here [a bit visual novel at times, easy] it's a far cry from what he's played. On the other hand, he's into stuff like Elminage which means SoSc will be just fine for him.

He said he played those games, not that he enjoyed it. He mentioned he doesn't enjoy hard games and neither story nor the strategy makes up for that in SoSC.

ZeroAKA

I've been messing around with Paragon and Overwatch. The rise of the MOBA/hero shooter has been fascinating to watch. Paragon leans more to the former and Overwatch to the latter, with Battleborn somewhere in between. If you like that sort of thing it's a good time for you.

I've enjoyed the OW beta enough to preorder.
Overwatch doesn't play much like a MOBA besides the hero abilities. I dislike MOBAs and many FPSes, but I'm really enjoying Overwatch. Gonna have to pass on Paragon though.

incpdo

He said he played those games, not that he enjoyed it. He mentioned he doesn't enjoy hard games and neither story nor the strategy makes up for that in SoSC.

Guys i really appreciate both points of view , im actually really attracted to stranger of the sword city,the game looks gorgeous. i understand both games are not the best story jdrpg can tell.
both games are the opposite , one is too easy and the other one is too hard. i might end up getting both games , but im probably getting stranger first because there is a physical release and here in Argentina will be hard to get in a few weeks , after that im probably gonna buy Ray gigant, im not sure about this but yeah.
its a mixed bag for the games i have played ,i have enjoyed most of them actually.
I want to support this developers and even if the game is too hard i might enjoy it like for example Natural Doctrine (im really enjoying this one and its unfair as hell) but yes my first choice is usually not a hard game tho.

I found SoSC to be way too punishing, and with the amount of free time I get nowadays I just cannot (or want) to grind for hours and hours. Ray Gigant is a bit on the easy side, but the quirky characters and the story keep me engaged. I'd honestly say neither of these titles are essential to anyone's library tbh. If you are starving for something to play, by all means. But the Vita has much better offerings that aren't brutally difficult or laughably easy.

ryseing

Overwatch doesn't play much like a MOBA besides the hero abilities. I dislike MOBAs and many FPSes, but I'm really enjoying Overwatch. Gonna have to pass on Paragon though.

Hero abilities and vast character selection, as well as a focus on roles. Not entirely disingenuous to lump it in to the narrative of the rise of the genre.

Paragon is... interesting. The learning curve is real steep. It's a MOBA ass MOBA that plays like a TPS. The only reason I checked it out is that there was a free weekend and permanent access was on sale for $10 so I figured why not, especially since a skin was included for one of the characters I like. I can see why Sony paid for exclusivity, as there's a lot of potential there.

Finished (and platinumed) Severed. Short-ish, but a very well made game in every way. I'd love to see a sequel that's a bit more fleshed out.

wilflare

almost convinced my colleague to get a Vita. what are some of the must-play Visual Novels and turn-based RPGs (she really loved FF6, Suikoden, Tales and more!)

Saphirax

almost convinced my colleague to get a Vita. what are some of the must-play Visual Novels and turn-based RPGs (she really loved FF6, Suikoden, Tales and more!)

Trails of Cold Steel
Persona 4 Golden
Steins;Gate
Code:Realize
Danganronpa
Tales of Hearts R

Just to name a few.

Top Bottom