• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PlayStation Network Thread | May 2016

I'm sorry I haven't been posting here everyone :(.

I lost all enthusiasm for going on the internet recently too, dunno what was up with that (depression I'd guess), but this sunny weather has made me happy again so now I'm back in the thread :p

I've been enjoying your retrospectives, I should post in them more because you're covering literally all of my favourite series (Spyro 3 is hands down my favourite game of all time). I've read through all of them though.

I should get back into writing my Vita reviews too. Been a while since I've done one. But I guess that's because it's been a while since I've been in the mood for playing games, really. Should finish up Steins;gate and Trails of Cold Steel!

RiggyRob

I figure I might as well ask here - there's a game called Alone With You that I've been interested in checking out, and according to the Reddit wiki it comes out on 17th May in EU, but on its website it only says Spring 2016 and I can't find anything backing up the 17th May date.

Anyone know what's up with it?

RK128

I lost all enthusiasm for going on the internet recently too, dunno what was up with that (depression I'd guess), but this sunny weather has made me happy again so now I'm back in the thread :p

I've been enjoying your retrospectives, I should post in them more because you're covering literally all of my favourite series (Spyro 3 is hands down my favourite game of all time). I've read through all of them though.

I should get back into writing my Vita reviews too. Been a while since I've done one. But I guess that's because it's been a while since I've been in the mood for playing games, really. Should finish up Steins;gate and Trails of Cold Steel!

I still love using the internet.....just feel that if I'm not playing much Vita games, it wouldn't be that fair to post in here.

But I'm happy you enjoy my Retrospectives! The Spyro 3 one should be up later in the week and I plan to cover the rest of the PS1 Crash games as well. Drafting my MMX6 one now and the MM6 one will be up later in the week too.

College is winding down and I will have plenty of time to make them more frequent :).

And play some games buddy :D! My advice is to not rush through the games and enjoy your time with them. Helps spark material to commentate/write about :D.

I figure I might as well ask here - there's a game called Alone With You that I've been interested in checking out, and according to the Reddit wiki it comes out on 17th May in EU, but on its website it only says Spring 2016 and I can't find anything backing up the 17th May date.

Anyone know what's up with it?
Can't find anything, you could try asking the dev!

https://twitter.com/BenjaminRivers

I can do it for you if you don't have a twitter account.

RiggyRob

Can't find anything, you could try asking the dev!

https://twitter.com/BenjaminRivers

I can do it for you if you don't have a twitter account.

That's alright, I've got Twitter, and in fact I did have a whole back and forth with Zeke Virant about Soft Body without realising that Soft Body is still TBA in EU when it's 17th May in NA.

I'll probably ask him about it closer to the time - it was more about checking whether the Reddit thread works as the ultimate source of games coming out on PS4, cause nowhere else had it listed.

Does it matter? Not to me. Any DRPG is welcome in my book, also gives me more hope for Mary Skelter.

Playing a bad 20-40hr game that costs money stops you from playing better games that last as long or cost the same. As much as I enjoy playing DRPGs, if I went and bought all of them, I wouldn't ever finish them aha

Shizuka

Does to me!

I couldn't finish Mind Zero because it was terrible.

As long as it's better than that, it's good.

Playing a bad 20-40hr game that costs money stops you from playing better games that last as long or cost the same. As much as I enjoy playing DRPGs, if I went and bought all of them, I wouldn't ever finish them aha

Hey, I enjoyed it. There is *some* joy to be had with the game, it's not unredeemable.

Wow, pleased about MeiQ. Was worried since it bombed in Japan. I should stop doubting IFI, they deliver pretty much every time. I've learned to love the PC ports because they make bringing across games a lot more viable.

Wow, pleased about MeiQ. Was worried since it bombed in Japan. I should stop doubting IFI, they deliver pretty much every time. I've learned to love the PC ports because they make bringing across games a lot more viable.

Yeah I'm thinking the same. Feeling pretty good about Mary Skelter now as well.

We can only hope that Marvelous' and NISA's expansion into PC ports will make the same possible for their titles.

dallow_bg

nods at old men
Axiom Verge is not bad at all.
I rarely have time to actually play games these days, but this one got me hooked.

Playing on Vita so there's some slowdown here and there, and the occasional total freeze for a second before it unsnaps.

Had one complete crash though which lost me some progress.

incpdo

So there are some updates regarding the new Shantae game that actually comes to Vita too. i forgot this game existed and almost gave up on this but now i just hope the game releases before 2018

24hr

Just picked up the UC4 bundle hoping and was hoping there would be a PS+ trial. Could anyone send me a trial if they have one?

Flunkie

Banned
I found SoSC to be way too punishing, and with the amount of free time I get nowadays I just cannot (or want) to grind for hours and hours. Ray Gigant is a bit on the easy side, but the quirky characters and the story keep me engaged. I'd honestly say neither of these titles are essential to anyone's library tbh. If you are starving for something to play, by all means. But the Vita has much better offerings that aren't brutally difficult or laughably easy.

"laughably easy"

yay you sold me on Ray Gigant

Is there some way to get really cheap and short PS+ on an US account? DJ Max 3 is $10 for Plus and $20 for normal people.

The 14 day trial requires a US cc which I don't have and the cheapest option I found is $10 for a month, which kind of defeats the purpose :p

Bowl0l

Is there some way to get really cheap and short PS+ on an US account? DJ Max 3 is $10 for Plus and $20 for normal people.

The 14 day trial requires a US cc which I don't have and the cheapest option I found is $10 for a month, which kind of defeats the purpose :p
best way is get a year Plus for $40 and hope that all future Plus deals is good.

Has Sony ever said anything about updating the avatar section on PS4 with the older avatars? I still have a ton missing on here. I have to use my PS3 to use some of them.
It's not like they discriminate when it comes to that section of the store.

Has Sony ever said anything about updating the avatar section on PS4 with the older avatars? I still have a ton missing on here. I have to use my PS3 to use some of them.
It's not like they discriminate when it comes to that section of the store.

I honestly just uploaded my own. I use what I have here on GAF along with a Custom Name that is open to everyone, to circumvent the whole not being able to change your PSN Name thing.

Kudo

Just received my Uncharted 4, time to see what all the hype is about.
Mild excitement is in the air.

incpdo

Heads up guys . seems there is a glitch with the PS Vita grand theft auto collection. If you happen to own one of the games of this collection you can download the games you don't own just accessing the bundle and selecting download. It's weird I have now liberty city stories for free now.
This is for na store btw
So if anyone could try and confirm this isn't just a glitch affecting me that would be awesome

Heads up guys . seems there is a glitch with the PS Vita grand theft auto collection. If you happen to own one of the games of this collection you can download the games you don't own just accessing the bundle and selecting download. It's weird I have now liberty city stories for free now.
This is for na store btw
So if anyone could try and confirm this isn't just a glitch affecting me that would be awesome

Where did you try it? Seems to be working properly (no glitch) for me on webstore and Vita, unless I missed something. Not that I really care however, as it's GTA and they're fucking boring. haha

Guys if you own a PS4, Uncharted 4 is the real deal. Haven't been this into a game's storytelling since forever. 6 chapters went by like nothing! I was planning on playing until I reached a checkpoint, or a loading screen after a cutscene, but guess what. Game has no loading screens at all. It's insane. Naughty Dog have some coding wizards working in there. I am at the beginning of the story so I have no way of judging whether this is better than TLOU or not, but my impressions as of now are very positive.

incpdo

Where did you try it? Seems to be working properly (no glitch) for me on webstore and Vita, unless I missed something. Not that I really care however, as it's GTA and they're fucking boring. haha

I noticed on the webstore , the collection showed as purchased but i never purchase liberty city stories. so then what i did was to download the game from the GTA collection on the Vita webstore .
i guess it was a glitch or something because im playing liberty city stories for free which is far away from boring , the voices and stories on this one are hilarious and im not even a gta fan , never played san andreas , gta 4 is the boring one for me , gta v its pretty good but never finish one of these games before. My most played one was back when i purchased my psp and played till almost the end of GTA liberty city stories.

Free Marie Rose x Hatsune Miku PS4 (and Vita) theme on JP PSN

It's a bit creepy but free is free

c7f45a191fd731e1ceb343285c3e09097271cd94-1142839.jpg

incpdo

Liberty City Stories was free with PS+ at one point, maybe you already had it?

i never had ps plus since 2012, its a glitch im sure because in every gta sale i was buying one of these games and i left liberty as the last game to buy because is the one that i have played the most.

Kudo

Guys if you own a PS4, Uncharted 4 is the real deal. Haven't been this into a game's storytelling since forever. 6 chapters went by like nothing! I was planning on playing until I reached a checkpoint, or a loading screen after a cutscene, but guess what. Game has no loading screens at all. It's insane. Naughty Dog have some coding wizards working in there. I am at the beginning of the story so I have no way of judging whether this is better than TLOU or not, but my impressions as of now are very positive.

Yeah, its great.
I wasn't the biggest fan of Uncharted 1-3, but really enjoyed The Last of Us and they've definitely using what they learned there.

autoduelist

I noticed on the webstore , the collection showed as purchased but i never purchase liberty city stories. so then what i did was to download the game from the GTA collection on the Vita webstore .
i guess it was a glitch or something because im playing liberty city stories for free which is far away from boring , the voices and stories on this one are hilarious and im not even a gta fan , never played san andreas , gta 4 is the boring one for me , gta v its pretty good but never finish one of these games before. My most played one was back when i purchased my psp and played till almost the end of GTA liberty city stories.

I'm.... having a related glitch? I own all of them already -- in fact, I have them all on my vita. But now Liberty City stories is showing that I need to purchase it in the store, whereas all the rest [including the collection] show as owned.

Yeah, its great.
I wasn't the biggest fan of Uncharted 1-3, but really enjoyed The Last of Us and they've definitely using what they learned there.

I'm loving the character interactions. It feels like I'm watching a movie. For the first time ever, I'm playing the game without subtitles, so I can actually focus on the characters and their facial movements (which btw has some of the best capturing I've ever seen).

incpdo

I'm.... having a related glitch? I own all of them already -- in fact, I have them all on my vita. But now Liberty City stories is showing that I need to purchase it in the store, whereas all the rest [including the collection] show as owned.
That's weird If you download the GTA Vita collection from the link all 3 games start to download. You can check in the download list too if the game is letting you click on the download button. So at least is confirmed , the bundle is fucked up.

SerTapTap

If anyone wants to play Blanc + Neptune vs Zombies online feel free to add me (but say you're from here in your invite), my PSN's Barakku. I have a level 99 and a few mid-level characters so I can play any bosses. Still missing most of the rank 5 quests. I probably won't be able to play until this weekend due to Uncharted of course. I might stream too this weekend. I made a discord server if anyone wants to do voice chat. (I never tried using Party chat tbh)

Someone stole Miku's boobs. Is this the plot to Project Diva X?

Acquired the Platinum Trophy today on Severed. Enjoyed playing my Vita in a different way even if I thought my fingertip might burst into flames near the end there...

Already have Guacamelee for the PS4 through PS+ but tempted to buy it for the Vita now...

SerTapTap

I haven't got Severed yet but I'm looking forward to it. If only Vita launched with games like that instead of the leaf rubbin's of Uncharted GA.

Stole? She always was flat as a board.

She's always had at least something visible in non-chibi representations, I'd estimate a B cup. She's like AAA there. But considering who else is in that screenshot I can make an unfortunate guess why.

I honestly just uploaded my own. I use what I have here on GAF along with a Custom Name that is open to everyone, to circumvent the whole not being able to change your PSN Name thing.

This is what I do too, my "Real Name" is just "Sir TapTap", the few people I play with that I know IRL tend to know that name anyway. They should just change it to be closer to Steam with the display name/backend name.

yaffi

She's always had at least something visible in non-chibi representations, I'd estimate a B cup. She's like AAA there. But considering who else is in that screenshot I can make an unfortunate guess why.

Heh. Judging from the posters from around 2007 and figures I own she's super flat. I mean yeah, sometimes she's drawn/shown with a bit more than nothing.

This is what I do too, my "Real Name" is just "Sir TapTap", the few people I play with that I know IRL tend to know that name anyway. They should just change it to be closer to Steam with the display name/backend name.

I agree. Since for some reason Sony decided to use a user's name as the primary key identifier in their databases (why would anyone with basic coding knowledge do this?!), just add an extra field to all of the users as a "display name" and give us the option to toggle that on and use that as a searchable field along with the PSN name. Done.

Alright folks, I need an RPG. not a dungeon crawler, not an ARPG, not an SRPG but a classic, turn based, RPG in the vein of DQ/SMT/Bravely/etc.

Suggestions please

Top Bottom