• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PlayStation Network Thread | May 2016

You'll have to help me and mention other games that fit the criteria that you have already played.

well the two games I'm thinking about right now that -- to the best of my knowledge -- fit the bill are Cyber Sleuth and Oreshika, both of which sound good but I'll have to import which is unfortunate

Shizuka

well the two games I'm thinking about right now that -- to the best of my knowledge -- fit the bill are Cyber Sleuth and Oreshika, both of which sound good but I'll have to import which is unfortunate

Definitely Cyber Sleuth. Not only is it easier to import and find, but the game is a much better "standard RPG" than Oreshika.

Nazgul11

Quick question:

I just had all of "Powers Season 1" and a preview for "Powers Season 2" randomly showed up in my purchase history as well as my transaction history.

Obviously it's a free transaction, but am I the only one?

Is this something that happened automatically?

PS Store lies about ZanacxZanac being PS3-only. Can be directly downloaded to the Vita without hassle. Everyone buy it. It's 6$ for the best shooter on PSN, and a hard copy can only be found on the PSX for ~125$.

BearChair

PS Store lies about ZanacxZanac being PS3-only. Can be directly downloaded to the Vita without hassle. Everyone buy it. It's 6$ for the best shooter on PSN, and a hard copy can only be found on the PSX for ~125$.

Yep, I just bought this on your recommendation. It's listed only on PS3 in the store, but shown for PS3, Vita, and PSP once you buy it.

Are any other games mislabeled like this? I love having PS1 games on my Vita.

Yep, I just bought this on your recommendation. It's listed only on PS3 in the store, but shown for PS3, Vita, and PSP once you buy it.

Are any other games mislabeled like this? I love having PS1 games on my Vita.

I was mulling this over with a friend but I don't want to spend money on other games and risk them not working lol. Zanac x Zanac is my favourite shooter, so I took the gamble.

Hargon

i need help guys, when i trying to start Grand Kingdom online i get this error message all time.

N5t3dZp.jpg

BearChair

I was mulling this over with a friend but I don't want to spend money on other games and risk them not working lol. Zanac x Zanac is my favourite shooter, so I took the gamble.

Out of curiosity, I've compiled a list of PS1 Classics that currently aren't listed as supporting downloads directly to the Vita (Not through a PS3 to the handheld). If you happen to own one of these games on PSN, take a look at your account, and see if if they actually do allow downloading straight to the Vita. It takes you just a few minutes, and you'd be doing a good deed for the Vita community.

It seems entirely possible that the licenses for some of these games could have changed over time without it being reported on PSN.

This list might be missing a few games, but if you know of any others please post about them.

PS1 Classics listed for PS3 only:

Delta Force: Urban Warfare
GEX: ENTER THE GECKO
Motor Toon Grand Prix
Pocket Fighter
Tecmo's Deception: Invitation to Darkness

PS1 Classics listed for PS3 and PSP but not Vita:

Alone in the Dark: The New Nightmare
Blood Omen: Legacy of Kain
Bloody Roar
Bloody Roar 2
BOMBERMAN FANTASY RACE
Bomberman Party Edition
Castlevania Chronicles
Command & Conquer
Command & Conquer: Red Alert
Command & Conquer Red Alert Retaliation
Crash Bandicoot
Crash Bandicoot 2
Crash Bandicoot 3: WARPED
CTR: Crash Team Racing
Ford Racing
Future Cop L.A.P.D.
LEGEND OF DRAGOON
Metal Gear Solid
MYST
PANDEMONIUM
Pong
Silent Hill
Sim Theme Park
Sno-Cross Championship Racing
Spyro the Dragon
Spyro 2: Ripto's Rage!
Spyro Year of the Dragon
Star Wars: Dark Forces
Turnabout
Um Jammer Lammy
Virtual Pool 3

The only games i own are games I know can download on vita (including zanac), as the vita was the first console I had with which I used PSN. Hopefully someone else can try them, though.

Benedict

Out of curiosity, I've compiled a list of PS1 Classics that currently aren't listed as supporting downloads directly to the Vita (Not through a PS3 to the handheld). If you happen to own one of these games on PSN, take a look at your account, and see if if they actually do allow downloading straight to the Vita. It takes you just a few minutes, and you'd be doing a good deed for the Vita community.

It seems entirely possible that the licenses for some of these games could have changed over time without it being reported on PSN.

This list might be missing a few games, but if you know of any others please post about them.

This differs from region to region?
What region are you refering to?

Edit:
I have an update to Everybody's Golf (Vita) to install, weird...
Trying to install it gave me : Could not install (C2-17656-5)
Somebody who know what's up?

Carm

For anyone that is apart of the neogaf psn community board on psn. I just posted on it for the first time about Bloodborne, with linked picture. Can anyone please check it and tell me if my name is Carm on the post or a real name showing? Panicking here heh.

Benedict

PS1 Classics listed for PS3 only:

Delta Force: Urban Warfare
GEX: ENTER THE GECKO (Yes,Do not own but shows up on store via Vita. EU)
Motor Toon Grand Prix (No, EU, but MTGP 2 is available)
Pocket Fighter (No, Does not show up on search on PS Vita store)
Tecmo's Deception: Invitation to Darkness (No, Does not show up on search on PS Vita store)

PS1 Classics listed for PS3 and PSP but not Vita:

Alone in the Dark: The New Nightmare (No, Does not show up on search on PS Vita store. EU.)
Blood Omen: Legacy of Kain (Yes, EU)
Bloody Roar (No, Does not show up on search on PS Vita store. EU.)
Bloody Roar 2 (No, Does not show up on search on PS Vita store. EU.)
BOMBERMAN FANTASY RACE (No, Does not show up on search on PS Vita store. EU.)
Bomberman Party Edition (No, Does not show up on search on PS Vita store. EU.)
Castlevania Chronicles (Castlevania: The Dracula X Chroniclesw shows up, is that the same? EU)
Command & Conquer (No, Does not show up on search on PS Vita store. EU.)
Command & Conquer: Red Alert (No, Does not show up on search on PS Vita store. EU.)
Command & Conquer Red Alert Retaliation (No, Does not show up on search on PS Vita store. EU.)
Crash Bandicoot (No, Does not show up on search on PS Vita store. EU.)
Crash Bandicoot 2 (Yes, EU)
Crash Bandicoot 3: WARPED (Yes, EU)
CTR: Crash Team Racing (Yes, EU)
Ford Racing (No, Does not show up on search on PS Vita store. EU.)
Future Cop L.A.P.D. (No, Does not show up on search on PS Vita store. EU.)
LEGEND OF DRAGOON (No, Does not show up on search on PS Vita store. EU.)
Metal Gear Solid (Yes, EU)
MYST (No, PSP version only)
PANDEMONIUM (yes, and sequel as well, EU)
Pong (Yes, EU)
Silent Hill (Yes, EU)
Sim Theme Park (No, EU)
Sno-Cross Championship Racing (No, EU)
Spyro the Dragon ("Yes", Part of Spyro The Dragon Trilogy. EU)
Spyro 2: Ripto's Rage! ("Yes", Part of Spyro The Dragon Trilogy. EU)
Spyro Year of the Dragon ("Yes", Part of Spyro The Dragon Trilogy. EU)
Star Wars: Dark Forces (No, EU)
Turnabout (No, EU)
Um Jammer Lammy (No, EU)
Virtual Pool 3 (No, EU)

Hope this is good enough. Only looked directly on store.
I have no way of going through the download list, thanks to Sony's idiotic handling of the service.
(edit: going through my Download List... will post new info later).
Edit 2: Maybe not. Sony keeps throwing me out of the download list...)

Ok... Above you have how it looks on the EU PSN store.
Below is how it looks on my Download list regarding PsOne. Might have missed some games.

PS One games available on Download list on PS Vita.

Kula World
CTR Crash Team Racing
Rayman
Final Fantasy V
Silent Hill
Resident Evil Director's Cut
Resident Evil 2
Resident Evil 3
Legacy of Kain: Soul Reaver
Arc The Lad 1
James Pond 2 Codename Robocod
Creatures 3 Raised in space
Guilty Gear
Oddworld: Abe's Exodus
Oddworld: Abes Oddysee
Crash Bandicoot
Syphon Filter
MediEvil
Crash Bandicoot 2
Crash Bandicoot 3
Cool Boarders
Destruction Derby
G-Police
Jet Rider
Rally Cross
Alundra
Arc The Lad III
Suikoden II
Spyro
Spyro 2
Spyro 3
Vagrant Story
Castlevania: The Dracula X Chronicles
Klonoa Door to Phantomile
Ridge Racer Type 4
Jumping Flash
Blood Omen Legacy of Pain
Motor Toon Grand Prix
Castlevania SOTN
Front Mission 3
Final Fantasy VIII
FF IX
Parasite Eve II
Disney's Action game feat Hercules
Kurushi Final
Gex
Gex Deep Cover Gecko
Tomb Raider 3
Tomb Raider 2
Tekken 2
Arc The Lad 2
FF VI
FF VII
Mickeys's Wild Adventure
Metal Gear Solid

Not downloadable from Download List on Vita:
Future Cop L.A.P.D
Syndicate Wars
Theme Hospital
Silent Hill Origins (PSP)
R-Type Dimensions (PSP)

BearChair

Hope this is good enough. Only looked directly on store.
I have no way of going through the download list, thanks to Sony's idiotic handling of the service.

This is great and big help for those in the EU. Also, it appears to confirm that PSN has at least some inaccurate listings for games that are capable of direct downloads to the Vita.

Can anyone provide similar data for the US? It might be best to start with the titles that have support in the EU and then work from there.

Anyone with the following games on their US PSN accounts care to check and see if they allow for Vita downloads:

GEX: ENTER THE GECKO
Blood Omen: Legacy of Kain
Crash Bandicoot 2
Crash Bandicoot 3: WARPED
CTR: Crash Team Racing
Metal Gear Solid
PANDEMONIUM
Pong
Silent Hill
Spyro the Dragon
Spyro 2: Ripto's Rage!
Spyro Year of the Dragon

Takao

Banned
I'm finally going through Revelations 2 and I'm not shocked to find out the Vita version was programmed by 8 people.

If anyone's interested in MegaTagmension Blanc + Neptune VS Zombies, I've posted a video showing the opening of the game (right up to where it establishes the story premise) and some late game battles. It's basically an introduction to what it is and has to offer, and will give you an idea if the game's for you.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HprOZhEupyI

Tizoc

Does the digital release or Mighty No. 9 net you the Vita ver. as well?
I'm grabbing the PS4 ver. btw.

RK128

Hello everyone :).

Just figured making a post to bump the thread and to talk about PlayStation related plans I have for the next few weeks. Currently have Crash, Spyro and Ratchet Retrospectives running and all three will be more consistent going forward. Plan on having a new Retrospective up tonight and will have one popping up every day or so on Gaf.

The next set of games being covered this week includes the following: Crash 3 and CTR, Spyro 3, Ratchet All 4 One, Mega Man 6, Mega Man 7 and Mega Man Maverick Hunter X.

Hope you all look forward to those games Retrospectives and that we have a great summer! College is almost done for me and I have a few jobs hopefully lined up happening in a few weeks; things are turning out well for me so far.

Lets all game on our Vita's these next few months and look forward to what E3 brings. Have a great night everyone!

Powwa

I'm finally going through Revelations 2 and I'm not shocked to find out the Vita version was programmed by 8 people.

One of the few Vita purchases that I've regretted. It runs terrible, made me stop playing in a few hours. That money could be used to help localizing a title.

Ventara

Hey guys, Nights of Azure never got an English Vita release, right? Doesn't matter what region. I'm about to pull the trigger on a PS4 copy.

RK128

Hey guys, Nights of Azure never got an English Vita release, right? Doesn't matter what region. I'm about to pull the trigger on a PS4 copy.

At this point, I doubt we will get it but Gust would likely start working on a Vita NA/EU version sometime after the games launch. If we hear nothing by August, then you can feel better knowing no Vita version is happening.

Regardless, the PS4 game got solid reception and a game that looks quite promising. If you want the game, get it on PS4 if you want to play badly :).

Ventara

At this point, I doubt we will get it but Gust would likely start working on a Vita NA/EU version sometime after the games launch. If we hear nothing by August, then you can feel better knowing no Vita version is happening.

Regardless, the PS4 game got solid reception and a game that looks quite promising. If you want the game, get it on PS4 if you want to play badly :).

Do you mean Gust might be localizing it separately from the PS4 version? I agree that I don't think that's likely, unless there's been hints to it?

I'm in no rush, but Amazon has the game for 50% off, along with Digimon. Not sure if I should wait for a further drop or buy in now. Atelier games usually drop even more, but this seems like it might hold its price better.

RK128

Do you mean Gust might be localizing it separately from the PS4 version? I agree that I don't think that's likely, unless there's been hints to it?

I'm in no rush, but Amazon has the game for 50% off, along with Digimon. Not sure if I should wait for a further drop or buy in now. Atelier games usually drop even more, but this seems like it might hold its price better.

They said that after the PS4 versions launch, they said they were considering making a US/EU Vita version. I would still recommend just getting the PS4 version as you get a better running game (Vita version reportedly runs bad) all the while you can still play it on Vita via remote play if you like.

Ventara

They said that after the PS4 versions launch, they said they were considering making a US/EU Vita version. I would still recommend just getting the PS4 version as you get a better running game (Vita version reportedly runs bad) all the while you can still play it on Vita via remote play if you like.

Yeah, I ended up getting the PS4 version. Hard to say no to 50% off. I read that the Vita version runs poorly anyways.

shmoglish

I hate myself for not buying Axiom verge when it was on sale. Every other game on vita is boring at the moment. Oh well, at least steamworld is coming soon.

Hi guys, looking for some help. I received a code for uncharted 4 which I gave to a friend. He put the code in fine, and it's showing up in his library, but there's no option to play or download it. It doesn't show in his download list either. Weirdly, under the game cover/picture in the library there is just blank space where the usual 'buy' 'play' 'download' 'rate' etc options are (see photo please). Any ideas? Tearing my hair out.

http://i.imgur.com/K80ceZz.png?1

Saphirax

Hi guys, looking for some help. I received a code for uncharted 4 which I gave to a friend. He put the code in fine, and it's showing up in his library, but there's no option to play or download it. It doesn't show in his download list either. Weirdly, under the game cover/picture in the library there is just blank space where the usual 'buy' 'play' 'download' 'rate' etc options are (see photo please). Any ideas? Tearing my hair out.

Try queuing the game to download from the web store.

Zhao_Yun

Trails in the Sky SC is fantastic. Finished Chapter 6 today and I had to force myself away from the Vita just now, because I have work tomorrow!

Bowl0l

noob question:
Have you restarted the PS4?

noob question:
Have you restarted the PS4?

Yup, he's restarted his ps4 a few times. And it's been around 20 hours now since he put the code in. I've asked for his login details so I can see whether I can download it from the web browser for him while he's at work.

Any other ideas guys?

Cheers :)!

Bowl0l

Yup, he's restarted his ps4 a few times. And it's been around 20 hours now since he put the code in. I've asked for his login details so I can see whether I can download it from the web browser for him while he's at work.

Any other ideas guys?

Cheers :)!
Contact CS. They are responsive.

Top Bottom