• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PlayStation Network Thread | November 2015

Canon

Banned
So I don't know where else to post this, but... Today, out of nowhere, my PS3 Slim (160 GB) started making a really loud noise. Sounds like a jet engine. It's not the disc drive, it occurs at all times (after being on for a little while). Never had a problem before.

I started looking for a replacement PS3 but they're only selling the 500 GB PS3 for $200+ with The Last of Us, which is not what I want. And I don't want to risk a used console.

So I don't know where else to post this, but... Today, out of nowhere, my PS3 Slim (160 GB) started making a really loud noise. Sounds like a jet engine. It's not the disc drive, it occurs at all times (after being on for a little while). Never had a problem before.

I started looking for a replacement PS3 but they're only selling the 500 GB PS3 for $200+ with The Last of Us, which is not what I want. And I don't want to risk a used console.

open it up and check and see if one of the fans it smacking against something.

bobbytkc

ADD New Gen Gamer
open it up and check and see if one of the fans it smacking against something.

Yea. Since you are already looking to buy a new one anyway. There is no harm in just opening up and trying to fix things yourself. Could just be accumulated dirt.

Just in general, if your PC/console is making a bunch of noise either a fan is hitting something or you need to quarantine it

Can someone help me.

If I have my credit card added to my account, I got to buy something that's cost $22.95 for eg: and I have no money in my wallet, will PSN automatically add $22.95 so that I can purchase it at the checkout?

Or would I have to add $20 and $10 to my wallet?

Phototropic

Neo Member
Can someone help me.

If I have my credit card added to my account, I got to buy something that's cost $22.95 for eg: and I have no money in my wallet, will PSN automatically add $22.95 so that I can purchase it at the checkout?

Or would I have to add $20 and $10 to my wallet?
It will automatically add the $22.95. $5 is the minimum amount it will force you to use.

ZeroAKA

Does anyone want a beta code for Dead Star on PS4? I have no idea what to do with my 3 remaining codes right now.

Edit: Gone!

Canon

Banned
It's been on for a while now and hasn't made the noise. I think it may be overheating sometimes -- but I wasn't doing anything before, not even playing a game. It's not constant so it must not be a fan hitting something.

Was there a good autumn sale on the PSN last year? Sorry I've searched but I think I'm not getting the right results (or I'm inputting the wrong keywords).

I need to really budget stuff now so this info could save me into not buying a retail game at launch and just get a few games I've missed for this year.

pariah164

I can't wait for Superbeat Xonic next week. My body and wallet are both ready.

Is that the last big Vita release of 2015?

Vernier_Cascade

Neo Member
Hi, I dont know if this is the right topic to do this but well. I bought Uncharted Collection and they gave me a coupon for a 10% discount, but I am not gonna use it (unfortunately is not redeemable for the Bloodborne pre order)
So, enjoy =) 84QEKB6GR5
*It is usable until today.

ZeroAKA

It looks like the $50 Superbeat: Xonic LEs with the CD are still available and come with a special box after all.
XCLUSIVE.jpg

Prelude.

Posting here too in case someone can help.

Forgot to say here that I bought that €20 PSTV.

Just one thing, is there any way to disable the automatic boot except unplugging the power cable? It's connected to a power strip and it turns on automatically if I flip the switch.

Didn't norn9 get a VN or something? I just saw on the AnimeGAF threads that it has got an anime adaptation in the pipelines. For anyone interested

Didn't norn9 get a VN or something? I just saw on the AnimeGAF threads that it has got an anime adaptation in the pipelines. For anyone interested

Animes of visual novels never come out as entertaining IMO, they lose something in trying to do everything.

And yes, Norn9: Var Commons just released in the West.

Animes of visual novels never come out as entertaining IMO, they lose something in trying to do everything.

And yes, Norn9: Var Commons just released in the West.

Steins;Gate begs your pardon teflon :p That show was immaculate. Still to this day one of my most favourite shows of all time
Hyouka aside of course.

Poncho is FEZ 2!

It's amazing. The music, atmosphere, art... it's all FEZ!

And a fun game to boot. Everyone get Poncho, it's being criminally ignored.

I should do an OT.

Tizoc

Poncho is FEZ 2!

I should do an OT.

I might grab it on Steam for now, but once it gets its Vita ver. I'll get it off PSN

cjp

Got 10ish GB free but it won't download the latest Driveclub update? Asks me to delete unnecessary content. Doesn't even give me a number.

Same with GTA5.

wut

RK128

Poncho is FEZ 2!

I should do an OT.

I remember that game; its the 2D game that uses a lot of Fez's mechanics but instead focuses on platforming and plane switching (it reminds me of DKCR's and the Klona's series usage of 2.5D perspective). I want to get that too :).

Hope the Vita version comes out sometime this month and I hope you enjoy the game :D!

autoduelist

Got 10ish GB free but it won't download the latest Driveclub update? Asks me to delete unnecessary content. Doesn't even give me a number.

Same with GTA5.

wut

Known bug on PS4 currently; you need to restart your PS4 for it to recognize you cleared up space.

Christian

Poncho doesn't have a penchant for obtuse puzzles like Fez, does it? Some of those puzzles in Fez took way too long to figure out, and I'm not ready for that again.

Top Bottom