• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PlayStation Network Thread | November 2015

incpdo

So im in the last chapter of revelations 2 on vita. This chapter looks awesome with the OLED vita. This game has been so much fun and the story is great i have a lot to play tho. I have to play the last chapter ,the 2 extra chapters and the raid mode.

Changing the subject Im a little anxious to play the following upcoming games on Vita:

Axiom Verge
Mighty n9
Bloodstained
Forgotten memories
Gyossait
Night cry
Saga
Trails of cold steel
Dragon quest builders
World of final fantasy
Poncho
Crows burning edge(beat em up)
Foul play (beat em up?)
Killing bites (beat em up)
Senran kagura estival vs
W labyrinth
Randall
Drive drive drive
Back in 1995
Shu
Odin sphere
Day of the tentacle
Hearth forth Alicia ( please don't get cancelled!)
Skullgirls 2nd encore
Extreme dimension
Hyperdimension war neptunia vs sega hard girls: dream fusion special
Valkyrie drive
Death beneath the labyrinth
Tokyo Xanadu
Double focus
3rd super robot taisen( I know is Japan only but I'll get it anyway)
Destroyer trillion
Gal gunvolt ( I have hope)
Mighty gunvolt( it was announced to na if I'm not mistaken)
Dying sinner escape
Zero escape 3
Y2k
Midora
Assault Android cactus
Red goddess inner world
Zodiac
Project Phoenix
Militant
C wars
Hyper light drifter
Ray of the dead
Miniflake
Bastion
Severed
Darkest dungeon
Chroma squad
Murasaki mist
Iconoclasts
Attack on titan
Crypt of the necrodancer

So yeah . I might have a problem.

RK128

So im in the last chapter of revelations 2 on vita. This chapter looks awesome with the OLED vita. This game has been so much fun and the story is great i have a lot to play tho. I have to play the last chapter ,the 2 extra chapters and the raid mode.

Changing the subject Im a little anxious to play the following upcoming games on Vita:

Axiom Verge
Mighty n9
Bloodstained
Forgotten memories
Gyossait
Night cry
Saga
Trails of cold steel
Dragon quest builders
World of final fantasy
Poncho
Foul play (beat em up?)
Senran kagura estival vs
W labyrinth
Randall
Drive drive drive
Back in 1995
Shu
Odin sphere
Day of the tentacle
Skullgirls 2nd encore
Extreme dimension
Valkyrie drive
Tokyo Xanadu
Double focus
Destroyer trillion
Dying sinner escape
Zero escape 3
Y2k
Midora
Assault Android cactus
Red goddess inner world
Zodiac
Project Phoenix
Militant
C wars
Hyper light drifter
Ray of the dead
Miniflake
Bastion
Severed
Darkest dungeon
Chroma squad
Murasaki mist
Iconoclasts
Attack on titan
Crypt of the necrodancer

How is that a problem buddy XD?

Its always great knowing you have a ton of stuff to look forward too :). I know I'm excited about Bastion, Axiom Verge and SAO: Lost Song on my Vita by December :D.

Shizuka

Does anyone have any suggestions for Eiyuu Senki's OT title? I was thinking of something like "My Rasputin can't possibly be this cute".

Axiom Verge
Mighty n9
Bloodstained
Forgotten memories
Gyossait
Night cry
Saga
Trails of cold steel
Dragon quest builders
World of final fantasy
Poncho
Foul play (beat em up?)
Senran kagura estival vs
W labyrinth
Randall
Drive drive drive
Back in 1995
Shu
Odin sphere
Day of the tentacle
Skullgirls 2nd encore
Extreme dimension
Valkyrie drive
Tokyo Xanadu
Double focus
Destroyer trillion
Dying sinner escape
Zero escape 3
Y2k
Midora
Assault Android cactus
Red goddess inner world
Zodiac
Project Phoenix
Militant
C wars
Hyper light drifter
Ray of the dead
Miniflake
Bastion
Severed
Darkest dungeon
Chroma squad
Murasaki mist
Iconoclasts
Attack on titan
Crypt of the necrodancer

My most anticipated indie game (Liege) is not on your list.. and neither is XCOM (I really hope for it to be released this year) ;)

Edit:and banner saga!

iosefe

so here i am enjoying my new ps4, but something is stuck at the front of my mind...

is Tetris PS4 acceptable now?

incpdo

My most anticipated indie game (Liege) is not on your list.. and neither is XCOM (I really hope for it to be released this year) ;)

Edit:and banner saga!
I have my doubts about the xcom port. I really hope I'm wrong but I'm guessing will be another space hulk situation performance wise.

Idk that liege game but I'll check it out

autoduelist

eh, xcom is turn based. i don't care if i can watch it crank through frames on occasion.

mini review -- thomas is alone -- Wow. Minimalist puzzle platformer with tight controls and light, but extremely well written, dialog/plot. Consider me impressed. A perfect, bite-sized proof of the potential of the medium, as well as a nice reminder of what big publishers can generally never provide.

more mini reviews:

Cladun This is an RPG --
Really cool ideas. plays like Zelda meets Half Minute Hero, sort of. You enter dungeon, and can first kill everything then replay it till you can speedrun it and meet the time challenges. You can sprint, slide, jump, attack, and have magic... it's actually pretty darn fast paced overall.
There's a sort of cool concept in that you actually have many units at your disposal, but only 1 goes into battle. The rest are in a magic formation you unlock and set up... where you place your units and other powerup items into the formation will affect the power of your main. There are mechanics in place that force/encourage you to keep switching who is doing what. I think it's a bit overly complex [I don't mind hard games, but I prefer my difficultly to be 'up front' and not 'oh, 10 hours later i discover it would have been better to set my initial team up like xyz'.
Still, while not quite my genre i feel like the Cladun games are absolute hidden gems for -someone- reading this.

---

Warriors of the Lost Empire -
Grindy action rpg fun. Feels budget. Looks budget. You enter dungeons, kill things, upgrade some stuff, go back in, kill more. Nothing fancy, not even the combat. BUT... for some reason it's really addictive. I want to go back to it even now, and i've been resisting for days.

----
Dungeon Explorer
turbografix game and it feels it. surprisingly complex, but ultimately plays like an ancient dual stick shooter where you can only shoot in the 4 cardinal directions. Certainly very skippable unless you have nostalgia for it or something. i don't, so i killed 2 bosses and moved on.

----
Carnage Heart EXA
finally gave up on this complex beast where you use an in-game programming languague [that basically uses logic tiles to create very, very complex action flowcharts]. it's really good if you want to learn to code mechs. But it's also extremely dry. I just don't have what it takes.

----
Minutes --- really lovely game that somehow transcends a new form of unique bullet hell [you don't even have a gun] and turns it into a zen dance. Lovely in the way something like Everyday shooter was lovely, though very different from that.

----
Dragon Fin Soup
gave it the old college try. wanted to love it. still want to love it. but that interface finally broke me.

--
Backgammon
man i love backgammon. how did a backgammon game go live with a broken doubling cube, though?

---

Arkham Origins Blackgate --
really enjoying this. don't get the hate. feels fine to me, and even the map doesn't bother me. too bad i'm not a fan of stealth games or the batman/ac style combat in general. I think it does metroidvania well, though.

----

still trying to suss out Freedom Wars and get back into it, but also downloaded Ragnarok Odyssey Ace to see if it scratches my Warriors of the Lost Empire itch even better than Warriors of the Lost Empire does.

VLiberty

Poncho is FEZ 2!

It's amazing. The music, atmosphere, art... it's all FEZ!

And a fun game to boot. Everyone get Poncho, it's being criminally ignored.

I should do an OT.

Unfortunately the Vita version got the usual last minute delay, let's just hope it comes out at all...

Faabulous

Atelier Rorona+ doesn't run on PS TV? When I try do download it from the PS TV it says it doesn't, even if it says it does in the compatibility list.

Ambitious

Am I missing something or is there no way to read the changelog of an update when you get an update notification on the PS4? In the context menu, you can only mark the notification as read, and selecting it just starts the game. I had to find the game in my library and select the Update History from there.

If I have preordered a title on US PSN, do I have to to be logged in with my US PSN user to have the preload autostart?
Or will it start if I am logged in with my regular EU PSN user?

VLiberty

Wait, Darksiders is considered an Action RPG? I saw someone calling it that way in the DS3 thread.

I'd like to know if there are similar western games labeled as such that I avoided cause the "RPG" label turned my away.

Atelier Rorona+ doesn't run on PS TV? When I try do download it from the PS TV it says it doesn't, even if it says it does in the compatibility list.

It's probably been patched later, so you'd have to first download it through Vita if it doesn't let you do so on PSTV. Or does it?

PSTV truly is fucked up btw, I knew it but I never realized how much until I got it.

Faabulous

It's probably been patched later, so you'd have to first download it through Vita if it doesn't let you do so on PSTV. Or does it?

PSTV truly is fucked up btw, I knew it but I never realized how much until I got it.

It does. It just warns you that its not compatible before.

I've been enjoying my PS TV. Mostly because it was really cheap.

I dint know where to post thispost this, so sorry if this is in the wrong place.

Argghhh can someone please help me. I just finished the doctor who level in lego dimensions and was back in the tardis and the game froze on me. I restarted the game and it says my sage file is corrupted and can't be accessed. I thought I might be able to download a save from the PS+ cloud storage but there isn't one there (none of my recent games are there). Is there anything I can do or have a lost 20 hours of play time? Please say there is. Thank you

EDIT. It sorted itself out.

autoduelist

Wait, Darksiders is considered an Action RPG? I saw someone calling it that way in the DS3 thread.

I don't think most would? I remember it being compared to zelda a lot at the time of release due to the way skills unlock the world as you go, but other than the very standard unlockable skill trees that birthed in rpgs but now are in everything, it's hardly a rpg. But some seem intent on watering down every term and calling anything a rpg if it even has the slightest hint of it, so what do i know...

Tizoc

I'd like to know if there are similar western games labeled as such that I avoided cause the "RPG" label turned my away.

Darksiders 1 is more of Action Adventure game, there's exploration, light puzzle solving and the combat is simple but straight forward.
You can get it for cheap on Steam or gog.com nowadays so if your PC or lappy can handle it, give it a try.

Darksiders 2 adds in RPG elements along with a loot system, but improves on the combat.

VLiberty

I've already played the first DS game and I loved it, in the DS3 thread someone called it an RPG so I was confused and curious about more similar games which I could've avoided just because labeled as rpgs. I guess he was talking about DS2 in particular then

Now I don't if I should still be curious about action wrpgs or rather be scared about DS2 :lol

Alright, so I livestreamed Vita games for 24 hours over the last two days - and then I stopped streaming, had some food (and coffee) then played some SUPERBEAT: XONiC.

I have a problem.

I have my doubts about the xcom port. I really hope I'm wrong but I'm guessing will be another space hulk situation performance wise.

Idk that liege game but I'll check it out

My problem with space hulk wasn't it's framerate, it was that I found the transition from boardgame to videogame problematic.

eh, xcom is turn based. i don't care if i can watch it crank through frames on occasion.

mini review -- thomas is alone -- Wow. Minimalist puzzle platformer with tight controls and light, but extremely well written, dialog/plot. Consider me impressed. A perfect, bite-sized proof of the potential of the medium, as well as a nice reminder of what big publishers can generally never provide.

TWA was so good, I look forward to play Volume when JAW are done with the V port.

Cladun This is an RPG --
Really cool ideas. plays like Zelda meets Half Minute Hero, sort of. You enter dungeon, and can first kill everything then replay it till you can speedrun it and meet the time challenges. You can sprint, slide, jump, attack, and have magic... it's actually pretty darn fast paced overall.
There's a sort of cool concept in that you actually have many units at your disposal, but only 1 goes into battle. The rest are in a magic formation you unlock and set up... where you place your units and other powerup items into the formation will affect the power of your main. There are mechanics in place that force/encourage you to keep switching who is doing what. I think it's a bit overly complex [I don't mind hard games, but I prefer my difficultly to be 'up front' and not 'oh, 10 hours later i discover it would have been better to set my initial team up like xyz'.
Still, while not quite my genre i feel like the Cladun games are absolute hidden gems for -someone- reading this.

-this sound interesting, but I know that I would never be able to overcome how the game looks (dated gfx).

Carnage Heart EXA
finally gave up on this complex beast where you use an in-game programming languague [that basically uses logic tiles to create very, very complex action flowcharts]. it's really good if you want to learn to code mechs. But it's also extremely dry. I just don't have what it takes.
I have seen this before and I can´t stop thinking how happy it would make me if they announced a Vita remake of the game, actually... a remake of this game is one of the things I want most for the vita (except for more CRPGs).

Arkham Origins Blackgate --
really enjoying this. don't get the hate. feels fine to me, and even the map doesn't bother me. too bad i'm not a fan of stealth games or the batman/ac style combat in general. I think it does metroidvania well, though.

I´m actually getting more and more convinced that you in fact are me.

I think Armature studios did a great job with the game both when it comes to mechanics and the level design. To me this game is one of the best examples for how to implement the touch screen of the V into a game in a intuitive way. I can understand how people got confused with the map in the beginning of the game, but to me it started to make sense pretty fast (I also like to hear how those who didn't like it would have changed it).

fake edit: now that I'm feeling hopefull I need to ask you if you ever played Starlight Inception (another game that I seem to be the only one to enjoy around here).

Kwixotik

Do you guys have any suggestions for PS4 themes? Most of the ones I find are horribly designed, ugly, have difficult to read font, etc.

Just wondering if there are any that you guys particularly like.

Do you guys have any suggestions for PS4 themes? Most of the ones I find are horribly designed, ugly, have difficult to read font, etc.

I use the blue NeoGAF theme lol. Nice colours and soothing background music to go with it.

bobbytkc

ADD New Gen Gamer
Alright, so I livestreamed Vita games for 24 hours over the last two days - and then I stopped streaming, had some food (and coffee) then played some SUPERBEAT: XONiC.

I have a problem.

WTF man. Pace yourself a little. I don't want to read news about some guy playing games till he keeled over.

Same thing.

I sometimes see people complain about Final Fantasy Tactics: WOTL PSP, and my attitude is always "who gives a shit? It is turn based."

However, in a game with actual time put in to create hand drawn animations like the banner saga I hope for a flawless port(do we know which studio?).

WTF man. Pace yourself a little. I don't want to read news about some guy playing games till he keeled over.

Haha, I'm perfectly fine. It was more of a joke at how dedicated us Vita players are than anything else; I'm used to being up for days at a time, it's kind of my jam.

He was doing it for charity :p

Indeed, and it was fun! Someone needs to jack us into the internet hardline next year though - so we can nix some of the lag in multiplayer games.
Kidding, but seriously... the lag is real!

-

Also, a kudos to Hot Shots Golf: World Invitational for having such a solid online system despite being a launch game. One of the easiest and most connection friendly online experiences on Vita.

incpdo

Ive been playing borderlines 2 on Vita online for 2 hours now . such a fun time . I have played along with 3 different users wich surprised me as I though it would be completely dead and it is actually really fun. I just wanted to express my thoughts on it. I'm playing right now so if anybody wants to hop in . my username is Incpdo but just be aware I'm just a noob.

Is Freedom Wars the only hunting game on vita where you can play the full campaign cooperatively or is this true for Soul Sac. Delta as well?

bobbytkc

ADD New Gen Gamer
So you have to finish a mission in sp before you can play it online (this is what I don't like in Toukiden)?

No, I mean that the multiplayer mode is separate from the campaign. You cannot play the story missions with your friends.

You do however, need to unlock parts of the multi by playing the campaign. At least, that was true when I played vanilla soul sac. Not sure if it is different in Delta.

Yukianesa

Neo Member

The "Toro and Friends" dynamic theme is really nice. Unfortunately, it also costs a bit of money so I'm not sure if you'd like that.

There's also the "FFXIV: A Realm Reborn" static theme - it has nice backgrounds and a soothing tune to accompany it. The icon changes are a nice touch. This theme is free of charge.

Thanks for the answers, will get Rorona then.

Aww, I'm super late to this discussion.

I agree, get the Arland Trilogy. And don't get put off if you don't like Rorona too much (it's far from my favourite) - Totori and Meruru are miles better in my opinion.

I'm pretty sure Gods Eater Burst has been missing from PSN for months. At least, I remember reading this some time ago too.

Could be a sign. Still wouldn't hold my breath though. I've spent too long fiddling my thumbs waiting for them to actually make an announcement of any kind. It'd make sense to bring Resurrection like I said before to reboot the series in the West. Then they could bring GE2RB. It'd be out of line in terms of release, but it'd make sense since we haven't had anything from GE since the PSP game. Folks like me would want GE2, since we have played the first game already, but we have to think about everyone in general and not just the fans of the series.

redcrayon

Axiom Verge
Mighty n9
Bloodstained
Forgotten memories
Gyossait
Night cry
Saga
Trails of cold steel
Dragon quest builders
World of final fantasy
Poncho
Foul play (beat em up?)
Senran kagura estival vs
W labyrinth
Randall
Drive drive drive
Back in 1995
Shu
Odin sphere
Day of the tentacle
Skullgirls 2nd encore
Extreme dimension
Valkyrie drive
Tokyo Xanadu
Double focus
Destroyer trillion
Dying sinner escape
Zero escape 3
Y2k
Midora
Assault Android cactus
Red goddess inner world
Zodiac
Project Phoenix
Militant
C wars
Hyper light drifter
Ray of the dead
Miniflake
Bastion
Severed
Darkest dungeon
Chroma squad
Murasaki mist
Iconoclasts
Attack on titan
Crypt of the necrodancer

Nice list. How about Liege, Eitr, Slain, and Salt & Sanctuary?

Aizo

Banned
Turning my comp into a wifi hotspot to have wifi for a little bit until I move again next week and get a router, and low and behold, Operation Babel and Operation Abyss are free (on JP PS+) this month. Seems like more games than I expected. Is there a catch?

Shizuka

Turning my comp into a wifi hotspot to have wifi for a little bit until I move again next week and get a router, and low and behold, Operation Babel and Operation Abyss are free (on JP PS+) this month. Seems like more games than I expected. Is there a catch?

Go for it, no catch.

Aizo

Banned
Good. Is Operation Babel any good? I've hardly played 1st person dungeon crawlers, so I am scared. Also, is it super long?

Top Bottom