• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PlayStation Network Thread | November 2015

Takao

Banned
Airship Q is getting a physical release in Asia that's going to be patched with English:
http://blog.asia.playstation.com/hk-en/3000/2015/11/airship-q-arrives-to-asia-on-november-19th-2015/
“Airship Q” for PlayStation®Vita will be released in Asia on November 19th at the price of HKD148 for package version and HKD128 for digital version.
English, Traditional Chinese and Korean subtitles will come with a patch in Early 2016
In the beginning, “Airship Q” will be Japanese only. However, English, Traditional Chinese and Korean subtitles will come with a patch in Early 2016! Asian users will be able to enjoy the fun and profound points much more.

Play-Asia already has this version up for pre-order.

The game will be getting an NA/EU release, but I have to imagine it'll be PSN-only.

Christian

So, can anyone explain how something can be "Shipping Now" for four days? I ordered some games from Amazon last Sunday, the 1 November, and the status didn't change until Thursday, when it updated to "Shipping Now". It's now Monday and the games are still "Shipping Now". Clearly Amazon's idea of "now" and my idea are VERY dissimilar.

Parakeetman

No one wants a throne you've been sitting on!
Good. Is Operation Babel any good? I've hardly played 1st person dungeon crawlers, so I am scared. Also, is it super long?

Its not really super long. Though if you are unfamiliar with the system mechanics of the game it will take you some time to get used to things. Esp if you have not played too many 1st person dungeon crawlers.

Though if you have not played through Abyss you will be coming into the story halfway so to speak.

The game itself is far more well done than Abyss though.

Hikami

So, can anyone explain how something can be "Shipping Now" for four days? I ordered some games from Amazon last Sunday, the 1 November, and the status didn't change until Thursday, when it updated to "Shipping Now". It's now Monday and the games are still "Shipping Now". Clearly Amazon's idea of "now" and my idea are VERY dissimilar.
Have you contacted them about it? Amazon has some great costumer service.

Chuy

Finally got a chance to try out Dead Star for bit: It looks great, plays great and i definitely recommend it to anyone interested in the game or just stick shooters in general.

Saphirax

Is there a chance at least Mana trademark is a better indicator of a future localization for the title than GE and Ray Giant ones?

Unless SE cancels the game (unlikely seeing how it's meant to come out this winter).

I believe the GE situation is unique. Has Bamco ever trademarked another game that didn't come over?

RK128

I see this being a start to a great 2016 for Bamco. Similar to how they are localizing Digimon Cyber Sleuth early next year, I can see them doing so for Ray Gigant and SAO: Hollow Realization. Those games plus other anime projects (Crows, One Piece, likely another Dragon Ball title) will give them plenty of titles to release on PS Platforms next year :).

I have no expectation for God Eater though; if they aren't localized next year, then they will never come over. If we are getting the God Eater games next year too, then I have a feeling my list of games might be right:

-Digimon Cyber Slueth: February 2016
-Ray Gigant: March/April/May 2016
-Crows: June 2016
-God Eater Resurrection: July 2016
-Dragon Ball/One Piece Project: August 2016
-God Eater 2 Rage Burst: September/October 2016
-Sword Art Online: Hollow Realization: November 2016

Just finished the original Trails in the Sky game which gave me new understanding and sympathy for the folks who completed that game when it first came out.

That last fight was crazy. Only to be topped by the cliffhanger ending.

Can't imagine what it what was like to wait years to resume the story unlike me who can pick it back up at my leisure now.

Going to mess around with some non-RPG'S for a short bit but which of these three should I play when I jump back in: Legend of Mana, Vagrant Story or Jeanne D'Arc?

Takao

Banned
Unless SE cancels the game (unlikely seeing how it's meant to come out this winter).

I believe the GE situation is unique. Has Bamco ever trademarked another game that didn't come over?

The EU branch has trademarked a bunch of games that haven't been announced for localization yet.

18-Volt

Both SE and Namco had trademarked games in Europe that did not see any release there. Square did Sigma Harmonics and Blood of Bahamut and Namco had trademarked DS Tales games and Tales VS on PSP, iirc.

You don't wake up every day to so much Vita news

I don't believe that BN will do anything with Ray Gigant but it's better than nothing!

Definitely interested in Root Letter, God Wars and of course Demon Gaze 2. Also TC Evo but that will never happen :(((((

Tizoc

This could be a great Vita game

As is it's gonna reach the first stretch goal, while sub 20K seems difficult with less than 2 days to go, word of mouth can help get this game some more pledges that we might see that goal.

Root letter is supposed to both have adventure and simulation parts, what does this even mean?

It makes me happy to see Kadokawa games announce another SRPG, hopefully it's as complex as Natural Doctrine was, but in a different artstyle :)

None of the games seems to lean on fanservice either from what I can tell from the trailers and that's a good thing in my book.

That Spike Chunsoft game looks interesting as well, do we know what type of game it is?

2+2=5

The Amiga Brotherhood
Root letter is supposed to both have adventure and simulation parts, what does this even mean?

It makes me happy to see Kadokawa games announce another SRPG, hopefully it's as complex as Natural Doctrine was, but in a different artstyle :)

None of the games seems to lean on fanservice either from what I can tell from the trailers and that's a good thing in my book.

That Spike Chunsoft game looks interesting as well, do we know what type of game it is?

What game?
I saw God Wars(the srpg), root letter(the vn), demon gaze 2 and trails in the sky 3rd evolution, what did i miss?

Tizoc

Tokimeki? PS1 and Saturn. I think the last one was a PSP exclusive. It was the most popular dating sim of the 90´s. But alas, it was another victim of Konami.

Were the Mobile/iOS tokimeki games well recieved in Japan?

Fun fact: In the JP MGS1 game, Psycho Mantis will mention the series if you have a Tokimeki save data in your memory card.

Kwixotik

The "Toro and Friends" dynamic theme is really nice. Unfortunately, it also costs a bit of money so I'm not sure if you'd like that.

There's also the "FFXIV: A Realm Reborn" static theme - it has nice backgrounds and a soothing tune to accompany it. The icon changes are a nice touch. This theme is free of charge.

I made a JP PSN account to get the XIV themes and they're pretty cool. My girlfriend will probably use them, but I might stick with red Flow for now. I just like how everything contrasts well with it, but I wish my theme wasn't so boring sometimes. Might switch over to Truant Pixel's cottage theme after Thanksgiving.

I was looking through the JP PS4 themes and there weren't very many. I don't read Japanese though, so maybe I just couldn't find the full list. If anyone has tips for navigating to the full list, I'd appreciate it. Or maybe they just don't have many.

Tizoc

My Xonic copy hasn't arrived yet but I hadn't checked with my post office lately.
Will give it time til next week otherwise I'll check back with them in December when some books I ordered arrive.

Today Nippon Ichi Software America has announced that the DRPG by Experience Inc Stranger of Sword City has been announced for release in the West in March 22nd for US and 25th for Europe - 2016.

Nice to see NISA finally did the announcement. Am guessing this was part of what was supposed to be announced at AX.

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?p=184939217&posted=1#post184939217

Dopeness. How does this one fare against the other Vita DRPGs in terms of gameplay/difficulty/storyline?

Parakeetman

Dopeness. How does this one fare against the other Vita DRPGs in terms of gameplay/difficulty/storyline?

The main reason why this game is considered difficult is more just due to the lifepoint system as when a character runs out of LP they become lost (permadeath) basically. So unless you load your previous save said character is lost forever.

Characters with lower LP mean they get more bonus starting points and also the general rate of their stats when they level up is better I think? But as you progress in the game more enemies that can do insta-kill or insane damage show up so starts to be more of an issue for your supporting characters. Some bosses can 1 shot the knight too depending.

Story is fairly interesting and there are multiple endings depending on the choices you make with who you give the crystals gained from the monsters to.

Overall its my favorite title by Exp Inc outside of Students of Round. The main thing about it too is the freedom to a certain extent with the character customization in the sense of you can change classes up to 5 times and there are specific skills from said class you can keep and equip on your skill slots. So you can make special tailored classes if you spend the time. But it will take a while as each time you class change your level will be cut in half.

Game has pretty varied dungeons too.

Though depending on the design / "difficulty" with the insta death stuff game might be hit or miss with some.

Folks who are used to the Exp Inc gameplay system should have no trouble for the most part with the game though. Game doesnt have any overly complex systems to remember either. Outside of just understanding that you can only class change 5 times. and if you are really into stats crunching the whole age / LP tradeoff etc. Though that doesnt really matter as much since if said character gets 1 shotted all those stats points doesnt really mean much.

You will have to march your ass into / out of dungeons a lot also. Granted there are some warp points, things like a warp specific spell is non existent and warp items are highly limited unless you attempt to farm them which takes a good amount of time also.

There is a way to change the difficulty level of the game, but its through limited stock items in the shop. Never bothered to pay attention if you can harvest those, but the stock has 3 at start for 5000 each. Never used them either so not sure what is available for when you actually use the item. Butterfly Magic Stone or something was the name of the item.

The main reason why this game is considered difficult is more just due to the lifepoint system as when a character runs out of LP they become lost (permadeath) basically. So unless you load your previous save said character is lost forever.

Characters with lower LP mean they get more bonus starting points and also the general rate of their stats when they level up is better I think? But as you progress in the game more enemies that can do insta-kill or insane damage show up so starts to be more of an issue for your supporting characters. Some bosses can 1 shot the knight too depending.

Story is fairly interesting and there are multiple endings depending on the choices you make with who you give the crystals gained from the monsters to.

Overall its my favorite title by Exp Inc outside of Students of Round. The main thing about it too is the freedom to a certain extent with the character customization in the sense of you can change classes up to 5 times and there are specific skills from said class you can keep and equip on your skill slots. So you can make special tailored classes if you spend the time. But it will take a while as each time you class change your level will be cut in half.

Game has pretty varied dungeons too.

Though depending on the design / "difficulty" with the insta death stuff game might be hit or miss with some.

Folks who are used to the Exp Inc gameplay system should have no trouble for the most part with the game though. Game doesnt have any overly complex systems to remember either. Outside of just understanding that you can only class change 5 times. and if you are really into stats crunching the whole age / LP tradeoff etc. Though that doesnt really matter as much since if said character gets 1 shotted all those stats points doesnt really mean much.

You will have to march your ass into / out of dungeons a lot also. Granted there are some warp points, things like a warp specific spell is non existent and warp items are highly limited unless you attempt to farm them which takes a good amount of time also.

Sounds pretty good. Seems like a pretty hardcore game, which I can get behind. I wasn't a big fan of Operation Abyss as I found it a bit too obtuse for my liking. Wasn't a big fan of not being able to select which enemy to hit either. I liked Demon Gaze a lot, although that one was on the easier side.

Parakeetman

Sounds pretty good. Seems like a pretty hardcore game, which I can get behind. I wasn't a big fan of Operation Abyss as I found it a bit too obtuse for my liking. Wasn't a big fan of not being able to select which enemy to hit either. I liked Demon Gaze a lot, although that one was on the easier side.

This one doesnt really use any of the older game systems. Enemies are all able to be targeted separately. Only thing folks will need to remember to do is level up on their own. As the game will not do it for you automatically. Simple as going into the character profile and selecting level up at the bottom of the list I think it was.

Also the stat point bonus is only gained once you go past your max last level. So for example if you were lv 18 and change classes you become lv 9. Until you reach Lv 19 you wont gain any new stats point bonus.

This one doesnt really use any of the older game systems. Enemies are all able to be targeted separately. Only thing folks will need to remember to do is level up on their own. As the game will not do it for you automatically. Simple as going into the character profile and selecting level up at the bottom of the list I think it was.

Also the stat point bonus is only gained once you go past your max last level. So for example if you were lv 18 and change classes you become lv 9. Until you reach Lv 19 you wont gain any new stats point bonus.

I actually kind of like that. Leveling things up myself sounds like something a min/max nut like me to get lost in lol.

IronLich

How does Samurai Warriors 4 do on PS4? I want to dive in because its $30 now, and playing Samurai Warriors 3 after falling from Warriors Orochi 3 was a nightmare.

Parakeetman

I actually kind of like that. Leveling things up myself sounds like something a min/max nut like me to get lost in lol.

In this game in particular things like luck and vitality will make a difference. Since luck takes part in the calculations for negative status effects and chance to get 1HKed. But then the hard decision is what other potential stat will you sacrifice to put that point into luck. lol

Vitality is just the more obvious one with higher HP for more you have which will most def help keep you alive in the event if a stray attack or spell makes it to the back row.

With the Life Point system and permadeath you put a little more thought into things. Esp even if the character is dead but still has life points, the recovery time back at the base takes a while as for the most part you wont have enough $$$ to bring people back to life or recover LP, due to the price being pretty crazy for that.

At least the game allows sub characters who are not in the main party to be allowed to gain exp while you are out exploring. Granted its not as much as the main party, its still nice to have characters who will constantly gain exp also for those events if you have to send a character to the infirmary to recover.

In this game in particular things like luck and vitality will make a difference. Since luck takes part in the calculations for negative status effects and chance to get 1HKed. But then the hard decision is what other potential stat will you sacrifice to put that point into luck. lol

Vitality is just the more obvious one with higher HP for more you have which will most def help keep you alive in the event if a stray attack or spell makes it to the back row.

With the Life Point system and permadeath you put a little more thought into things. Esp even if the character is dead but still has life points, the recovery time back at the base takes a while as for the most part you wont have enough $$$ to bring people back to life or recover LP, due to the price being pretty crazy for that.

At least the game allows sub characters who are not in the main party to be allowed to gain exp while you are out exploring. Granted its not as much as the main party, its still nice to have characters who will constantly gain exp also for those events if you have to send a character to the infirmary to recover.

I was going to ask about this, glad you covered it. As much as I love my RPGs, I hate having to grind lower level characters for too long. This being a permanent death game, that's mean you would ideally have some sub characters to switch out. Glad those get some xp at least.

Parakeetman

I was going to ask about this, glad you covered it. As much as I love my RPGs, I hate having to grind lower level characters for too long. This being a permanent death game, that's mean you would ideally have some sub characters to switch out. Glad those get some xp at least.

Dont remember what the max slots were for characters. But it does exist, so its not like you can have some massive amount of spares. So its good putting a little consideration into what you want your extra characters to be. Game doesnt have any hidden classes, so you dont have to worry about that.

Dont remember what the max slots were for characters. But it does exist, so its not like you can have some massive amount of spares. So its good putting a little consideration into what you want your extra characters to be. Game doesnt have any hidden classes, so you dont have to worry about that.
Either way I'm probably gonna be one of those scrubs that restarts the game once he loses a character, unless that would mean losing too much progress lol.

Top Bottom