• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PlayStation Network Thread | October 2015

Saphirax

Alright, I just got a "the memory card has been removed" message while playing Corpse Party, I think it's safe to say I got a faulty 64gb too, fuck. I never had any issue wth my 16gb since I bought the Vita and got 3 errors of this kind in 2 days with the 64.

I got a similar message a few months back when I switched out my memory cards. I just took it out and did the whole 'blow on it' part, put it back and it's been fine ever since.

Prelude.

I got a similar message a few months back when I switched out my memory cards. I just took it out and did the whole 'blow on it' part, put it back and it's been fine ever since.
Blow on the memory card or the Vita slot? I mean, it's brand new, there shouldn't be anything on it and it's the second time ever I touched that slot since I bought my Vita.

Saphirax

Blow on the memory card or the Vita slot? I mean, it's brand new, there shouldn't be anything on it and it's the second time ever I touched that slot since I bought my Vita.

Both! Just in case. They're very flimsy. Like I said, my memory card was fine until I decided to switch it out with another and then put it back. Started my Vita and there was nothing on it and I'd keep getting the same error messages as you. Removing the memory card once or twice, blowing on the memory card and the Vita slot and putting it back in gently did the trick.

Prelude.

Both! Just in case. They're very flimsy. Like I said, my memory card was fine until I decided to switch it out with another and then put it back. Started my Vita and there was nothing on it and I'd keep getting the same error messages as you. Removing the memory card once or twice, blowing on the memory card and the Vita slot and putting it back in gently did the trick.
Let's see how it goes, then. If I get another error I'll return it.
I already sent a mail to superufo just in case though.

Takao

Banned
Apparently Borderlands 2 on Vita received a patch today:

Patch notes:
* Fixed various bugs.
* Improved overall playability.
* Added option for additional vehicle control method.
* Added sort by value option for inventory.
* Added user's support ID in ShiFT menu.
* Increased drop rate of legendary items across the game.
* Update PlayStation Vita SDK to 3.500.
* Enabled +77 MB expanded memory mode.
https://www.reddit.com/r/vita/comments/3qrcec/borderlands_2_patch_108_is_now_live_74_mb/

what year is it

Chuy

Stop looking for a while and see there's a lot of activity here. How bout that.
Conference was a dud eh?
where is FFXII HD Vita :(
and Kingdom Hearts HD Vita

I hear a voice... a tweet that says
let him dream
I would do terrible things for this. Maybe PSX?

I should probably buy this shouldn't I given how much hype there was for the second chapter.
Probably do that in a few what should I be expecting though from it?

You forgot Dengeki Bunko.
And so did everyone else.
Got it free by trading in Destiny. So far not disappointed but hope the rerelease makes it over. How badly did it bomb?

Apparently Borderlands 2 on Vita received a patch today:

https://www.reddit.com/r/vita/comments/3qrcec/borderlands_2_patch_108_is_now_live_74_mb/

what year is it
Gives me a excuse to play it again.
Too bad I don't want to make room for it on my memory card.

Prelude.

Got it free by trading in Destiny. So far not disappointed but hope the rerelease makes it over. How badly did it bomb?
Not sure but knowing there's a rerelease around the corner surely didn't help.
I'm waiting to see if they're gonna localize the next one physically for Vita but I'd have probably bought it already if the new version wasn't about to come out.

in case anyone isn't checking out the BL update thread: The patch does seem to make a noticeable difference in menus and framerate. At least in the early areas. If anyone owns it and thought it was a bit on the rough side but playable, you'll probably be pleased. If you thought it was totally unplayable, the patch doesn't seem to change that in any meaningful way.

wilflare

Stop looking for a while and see there's a lot of activity here. How bout that.
Conference was a dud eh?

I would do terrible things for this. Maybe PSX?

I'm not sure if Sony would waste any time on Vita at PSX
-or if hardcore PS4 fans want Sony to waste any time on Vita at PSX-

maouvin

in case anyone isn't checking out the BL update thread: The patch does seem to make a noticeable difference in menus and framerate. At least in the early areas. If anyone owns it and thought it was a bit on the rough side but playable, you'll probably be pleased. If you thought it was totally unplayable, the patch doesn't seem to change that in any meaningful way.

Now I'm curious. Will put it on the Vita again and try it.

Chuy

One hell of a cliffhanger, but hey, the sequel was released today.
Good to know. By the time I finish it hopefully the sequel will be discounted as well.

Not sure but knowing there's a rerelease around the corner surely didn't help.
I'm waiting to see if they're gonna localize the next one physically for Vita but I'd have probably bought it already if the new version wasn't about to come out.
I bought it on a whim and don't really regret it. I'm pretty sure the rerelease will make it over since the bulk of the localization already happened in this first version. Definitely recommend it to anyone interested in it.

I'm not sure if Sony would waste any time on Vita at PSX
-or if hardcore PS4 fans want Sony to waste any time on Vita at PSX-
Probably both honestly. It'll hopefully just get lip service like the news games are still in development for it along with various cross platform titles announced and maybe if we're lucky enough some localizations.

wilflare

Good to know. By the time I finish it hopefully the sequel will be discounted as well.

I bought it on a whim and don't really regret it. I'm pretty sure the rerelease will make it over since the bulk of the localization already happened in this first version. Definitely recommend it to anyone interested in it.

Probably both honestly. It'll hopefully just get lip service like the news games are still in development for it along with various cross platform titles announced and maybe if we're lucky enough some localizations.

it breaks my heart </3 :(

Odd-ish question, but are there any Vita themes that don't suck? I guess specifically music/icons since you can just change backgrounds yourself.

Xenoflare

SC's length was extremely long for me, it definitely took me nearly 90 hours or more to finish it. With all the side quests too.

Don't forget your FC clear data, if the original is anything to go buy you get quest bonuses for side quests.

Wow. Pretty nice they were willing to patch the game with the new freed up memory. They should patch Jax and Daxter too since that has frame rate issues.

I'm not sure the issues with that port can be solved with any sort of patch lol.

Porting a clusterfuck of a port on bizarre architecture of a clusterfuck of code designed specifically for bizarre architecture just isn't going to work out lol.

Honestly I'm pretty happy with the BL2 port from what I've played, especially with this patch. It has some glaring issues, but the game doesn't run all that well for me even on my PC (which should honestly be able to pull 120fps everywhere in that game on max settings, and yet sometimes struggles with 60), and you're on relatively weak hardware so it's pretty novel regardless of the issues.

batrush

Odd-ish question, but are there any Vita themes that don't suck? I guess specifically music/icons since you can just change backgrounds yourself.

The Ultra Despair Girls theme is nice, but that's pretty much it (assuming you're in NA). There are plenty of great themes on the jp store if you're willing to change your region.

Vashetti

Banned
Really nice performance boost with that Vita patch for BL2, I'm impressed.

I wish other games would get patches to take advantage of the freed resources.

The Ultra Despair Girls theme is nice, but that's pretty much it (assuming you're in NA). There are plenty of great themes on the jp store if you're willing to change your region.

...this'll do! Happy to have this theme music playing in my menus lol. Ultra Despair Girls is actually next up on my to-play list.

Bowl0l

Code:
Your pre-order of HITMAN™ has a new release date and will now be available on March 11th, 2016. 

If you would like to keep your order, please visit the following site and submit your request to fulfill your order on the actual date. 

Click here to submit your response >> 

Please note, if we don't hear from you by 11:59 PM PST on October 26th, 2015, your order will be cancelled and your money will be refunded.
I received this email on 21st October and responded that I want the refund.

@gaf, did you get your refund yet?

18-Volt

Really nice performance boost with that Vita patch for BL2, I'm impressed.

I wish other games would get patches to take advantage of the freed resources.

I can only think of Dynasty Warriors 8 Xtreme and Ninja Gaiden 2 Sigma to benefit from that kind update. PS2 classics won't be affected, they're just shitty port-jobs.

Sondar

via PlayAsia

30. Oct, 2015 15:59 (HKT)
ENGLISH RELEASE OF DEAD OR ALIVE XTREME 3 FORTUNE/VENUS CONFIRMED FOR ASIA!

Dead or Alive Xtreme 3 will be releasing with subtitles in multiple languages (Chinese, English, Japanese) for the Asia region, without additional censorship. Voices will remain in Japanese. Multi-language options are available for the PS4 and PS Vita, as well as Collector's Editions.
a Mode also returns and will be compatible with the upcoming PlayStation VR.

Finally, Dead Or Alive Xtreme 3 is currently a Japanese/Asian Region exclusive, although if a Western release happens, according to Koei Tecmo, it will be an "adjusted" version. What this actually means though, is highly based on the assumption of censorship; in the meantime, these versions are the only sure bet for the original xtreme experience.

http://www.play-asia.com/english-re...e-3-fortune/venus-confirmed-for-asia/5f/746wd

Omerta

Some post-patch Borderlands 2 gameplay (for those interested);

PS;
I'm shit at it, but you get the idea and I try to spam some shit to make it glitch.

Might have to free up some room for this again. Looks much better than before.

I'm not sensitive to frame rate drops or glitches at all really but even I hit a point where I had to stop playing this initially.

Strangely, that point came after I dropped about 30 hours into the game first :)

maouvin

Some post-patch Borderlands 2 gameplay (for those interested); https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=l_JUSyrN6t0

PS;
I'm shit at it, but you get the idea and I try to spam some shit to make it glitch.

Looking better. Indoors running better than in the open, obviously.
Did you play it while online (as in, game wasn't in "Offline Mode")? I remember Offline Mode helped a bit, probably since it disabled the mic (Airplane Mode had the same effect).

Either way, copying it back to the Vita atm.

Looking better. Indoors running better than in the open, obviously.
Did you play it while online (as in, game wasn't in "Offline Mode")? I remember Offline Mode helped a bit, probably since it disabled the mic (Airplane Mode had the same effect).

Either way, copying it back to the Vita atm.

I played in offline mode since I wasn't quite sure on the rules of someone joining me (not a Borderlands player really), and didn't want a second party's shitty internet connection having an impact on my side of the game's performance.

NesFe

via PlayAsia

and per-ordered !!

FISwi4L.png

2+2=5

The Amiga Brotherhood
Hey bros and sis i'm considering Wolf Among Us for vita, does it have investigative elements like it seems from the description? How much interactivity is there? Framerate? Loadings? Problems?

maouvin

Not sure how it was before, but BL2 Vita is pretty playable and I'm... enjoying it.

It was a big mess at launch and has been improving slightly through patches (this new one is the third performance patch iirc). Didn't help that Captain Flynt's battle was early in the game and brought the FPS to sub-10 numbers. I already have 30h on it (and 200+ on steam...), but I want the see dem improvements.
Most people will still deem it absolutely unplayable, of course, but I can't really condemn them.

Tizoc

If I won the retail ver. of BLands 2 how much is the total size the patches will take up on my mem card?

and per-ordered !!

FISwi4L.png

Look I smooth ass booties and titties as much as the next GAFfer, but not for $100.
Surely there is a cheaper alt. you can avail for?

If I won the retail ver. of BLands 2 how much is the total size the patches will take up on my mem card?

I can't check because I'm in work, but I'm 90% certain I installed only the patched on my EU copy and it was about 400MB.

It's the DLC that takes up all the space, those are massive (like 1GB each).

NesFe

Look I smooth ass booties and titties as much as the next GAFfer, but not for $100.
Surely there is a cheaper alt. you can avail for?

I don't know, there probably is somewhere, but I'm comfortable with Play-asia (I could opt for 5$ delivery instead of 28$ which would make it cost around 70$) and I only want like 3 games for entire Jan-Mar 2016 so what the heck.

kng3025

Hey bros and sis i'm considering Wolf Among Us for vita, does it have investigative elements like it seems from the description? How much interactivity is there? Framerate? Loadings? Problems?

From my playthrough, I didn't have many issues. Frame rate slowed down at times, but nothing game breaking. Much smoother than the walking dead games on Vita.

In terms of investigate elements, yeah, there are some in the game and there's a bit of interactivity as well. The cool thing I liked was that through investigation and interactivity, you unlock little information on characters from the game. The characters are sorta twisted versions of classic fairy tale characters like snow white and stuff. Had no idea of that before playing the game so I was surprised.

Top Bottom