• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PlayStation Network Thread (Vita/PS4/PS3) | December 2014

SerTapTap

Today in Oddly Specific Discounts, Neptunia Rebirth is more than half off...in India and South Africa only
B39FivFCUAAWFUD.png:large

Not exactly what I was expecting when I saw IFI's tweet

Uhhh top of the page play more Binding of Isaac or buy Neptunia Rebirth if you're in one of those very specific locations

edit: SCEA put up the 20th anniversary themes! Gogogo the classic PS startup awaits you

nampad

Today in Oddly Specific Discounts, Neptunia Rebirth is more than half off...in India and South Africa only

Not exactly what I was expecting when I saw IFI's tweet

Uhhh top of the page play more Binding of Isaac or buy Neptunia Rebirth if you're in one of those very specific locations

edit: SCEA put up the 20th anniversary themes! Gogogo the classic PS startup awaits you

It's because some other game didn't get a discount in those regions, probably because it is not available there.

I'm going to assume NA will have another flash sale this weekend.

The timing is too good.

Maybe a lot of PS1/PS2 content on sale.

just poppin' in to say that Soul Sacrifice Delta is damn enjoyable. I'm still early on, I
just fought Sortiara and kept trying to save her, only to find out that it's impossible
. I like that it plays much better than the only monhun game i've played (mh3u) and that, even though it's just a bunch of battle arenas, they tie it all together with a dark and somewhat intriguing story.

quick question: is there a way to tell how many hours i've put into the game? I tried looking in the options but didn't see an obvious way.

Multiplayer > Profile page.
I don't remember the exact names of the options, but if you go into multiplayer, you can look at the stats for your character including the sorcerors you most recently played with and stuff... it will tell you the total number of hours the character has been used.

well there will be 3 more weeks of Sales. are flashes common in the middle of sales?

It feels like we get a flash sale every three or four weeks. We just had one for the Black Friday weekend but with Playstation Experience and the 20th anniversary festivities it seems like a good opportunity to have another sale.

I keep hoping to hit hidden gems but Playstation Mobile games are getting worse:

ETERNAL INTERCEPTOR - PS Mobile

Looked good from screenshots but this is horrible. Top down shooter but it's frame rate is slide show level, terrible sound that plays a full second after something explodes, and controls that feel like I am controlling something on a satellite delay.

2/10

KwMaSkE.jpg

Sheep in Hell - PS Mobile

I guess a rougelike if you stripped everything down to almost nothing. You have one button and it is "attack". Nothing to pick up. Just go into randomly generated rooms and aimlessly hit "X". Seriously the graphics hurt my eyes and runs at about 2fps.

1/10

uBdNaoE.jpg

Multiplayer > Profile page.
I don't remember the exact names of the options, but if you go into multiplayer, you can look at the stats for your character including the sorcerors you most recently played with and stuff... it will tell you the total number of hours the character has been used.

yeah, since im playing it on my own i never thought to peek into the MP section to see if it was there. Thanks!

Walking Dead Season 1 & 2 are both available on the PS TV store, listed as compatible, and load up without giving the compatibility error message. The first screen says "touch to start" and pressing X works. The second screen however, responds to absolutely nothing:

How tf am I supposed to get passed this? I tried it on the Vita and the "OK" button has to be touched.

Hellraider

I finally bought Wipeout HD/Fury (yeah I dunno what's wrong with me for being that late) and my PS3 won't sign in to PSN.

Thanks yosp.

Also bought Spyro trilogy. I'm ready to melt from nostalgia. Haven't played them since I was a kid.

Walking Dead Season 1 & 2 are both available on the PS TV store, listed as compatible, and load up without giving the compatibility error message. The first screen says "touch to start" and pressing X works. The second screen however, responds to absolutely nothing:

How tf am I supposed to get passed this? I tried it on the Vita and the "OK" button has to be touched.

Yeah Crimsonland says it is PSTV compatible on the store but it doesn't work when I tried it last week. Sony don't care about PSTV.

SerTapTap

Did you try the touch pointer?

I'm working with a DS3 here. Won't have a DS4 until Friday or Monday when my PS4 comes, and by then I won't even want to play this.

Edit: oh shit, I thought that was for DS4's only, just ignored it when I saw it yesterday. Sweet, thanks TapTap & Freedom

bobohoro

Was hyped when I saw Re;Birth1 on sale.
Less excited when the country restrictions hit me.
Well, hopefully it's in another of those 12 christmas deals.

Quick overview of Sword Art Online from me too:
+ Loads of content. Like, truckloads of content
+ Nice mmo-like battle system

~ Huge amounts of fanservice

- Story, localisation and all that stuff
- Framerate problems and lots of boring dungeon designs

In short: If you like what you see in terms of battles and skill progression you will find hundreds of hours of fun. Everything else is well below par and is best ignored. It's a fun time waster but you may easily get sidetracked by other, better games coming out and never really find yourself wanting to go back.

Producer

Man if SAO was a straight $20 i'd most likely buy it.

Don't really care too much for the franchise but i've heard about the good combat. Maybe next time if it goes on sale, got alot of games to play as it is.

Geometry Wars 3: Dimensions - PS4

There is nothing revolutionary here with the mechanics but it happens to be the best twin stick shooter I have ever played. Controls, gameplay and graphics are all excellent. Mixes things up a lot in adventure mode and really keeps you wanted to progress. Only knock would be that it could use more music tracks as after hours of playing you really don't want to hear the songs anymore.

10/10

lPPflw2.jpg

Rollers of the Realm - PS4/Vita (Played on Vita)

Really great game that is like Puzzle Quest but with Pinball. Fun to use the different characters with different abilities. Not the best physics makes this not the best pinball but the total package makes it a lot of fun. Really great about mixing up objectives and gives a great sense of progression. Difficulty spikes up and down throughout the adventure. Upgrading characters doesn't has much effect as you think it would. Doesn't matter how decked out your character is you still need good pinball skills and a little bit of luck. Runs OK on Vita with occasional hitching but nothing that makes it unplayable. Surprising amount of tables and lots of content makes it very worth the money.

8/10

Z4mIiGj.jpg

VLiberty

I'll be waiting for the Vita retail release.

I've yet to buy a Vita retail game, aside from PSASBR which I got with the system and sold shortly after for a relatively high price (10€). I wanted NFS to be one of the first/few because it's a big game(2.5gb) and I'd like to have it for some pick up and play sessions, but the sale price is incredibly tempting...

maouvin

I really should jump back into SAO. Don't remember why I stopped playing, but I really liked it. I blame Silica.

Rollers of the Realm - PS4/Vita (Played on Vita)

Really great game that is like Puzzle Quest but with Pinball. Fun to use the different characters with different abilities. Not the best physics makes this not the best pinball but the total package makes it a lot of fun. Really great about mixing up objectives and gives a great sense of progression. Difficulty spikes up and down throughout the adventure. Upgrading characters doesn't has much effect as you think it would. Doesn't matter how decked out your character is you still need good pinball skills and a little bit of luck. Runs OK on Vita with occasional hitching but nothing that makes it unplayable. Surprising amount of tables and lots of content makes it very worth the money.

8/10

I'm itching to buy it, but I'm forcing myself to wait until the end of the holiday sale because reasons.

MQX

While I'm not 100% against the gameplay the big turn offs for me were that I don't care for the character at all and it was a buggy mess at launch.

Did pick up Ar+ though so I'll be reading a Ciel summary when I get to it ( ・´ー・`)
Hm. I'm getting a bit scared of those bugs :/.

Arc System Works US strikes again!

Fantasy Hero is NOT available in Canada!

I'm not even surprised anymore. It feels like they're doing it on purpose at this point.
tumblr_mvgdmhrMYT1s99dcoo1_400.gif

ASW USA :(

Shocking... Let's hope the game isn't that good.
:(

Also I noticed earlier that ASW USA (and definitely not "Europe") doesn't really exist, it's just a PR and localization front by the same people that "run" 5pb USA, Strangely Compelling. So that makes two companies I'm not fond of that they're representing. I don't believe they have any say in publishing duties either. Makes me feel like complaining against a wall.
Hm. Then I'm actually surprised that PB:BG(which was released by 5pb USA) is available in my country, but not even a single game from ASW USA :mad:.

They are dead to me (・`ヘ´・;). Now they are "hinting" that GG Xrd might come to Europe? Release it through NISA(like Under Night In-Birth) or you're still dead to me.

cwy2WGZ.jpg

http://store.sony.jp/Special/Game/Psvita/dokodemoissyo/index.html

edit: Japan got Monster Rancher 2 as a PSone Classic tonight: https://store.sonyentertainmentnetw...ァーム2/cid=JP0106-NPJJ00714_00-0000000000000001

They also got the Street Fighter Alpha trilogy and some games I've never seen before.
They look really awesome :O. Both the Vita Slim and the Vita TV.

Tapejara wants nothing to do with me ;__;
context: I bought Tomb Raider Definitive Edition on Black Friday and he bought Sleeping Dogs Definitive Edition.
15749965477_e6a8fb3f57_o.png
So... You're saying that you and Tapejara are the Definitive Edition? And Tapejara is actually Flandy?(or is Flandy actually Tapejara? :/)

EU Deals are up. Not anyhing interesting if you only care about the PS4.

http://blog.eu.playstation.com/2014...adbpr=36969785&emcid=social_20141203_36618867
Actually I'm a bit disappointed with these deals. Was hoping that Sword Art Online would be on sale(because it's now on sale in the US Store :/). Also HN Re;Birth 1 is only available for India and South Africa :( (what?).

Small update for you guys, stayed at the hospital over night doing tests, partly why I didn't post at all. Seems like I'm getting released with no surgery to the appendix or anything so I can go back today. I have a rare case in which my white blood cell levels are totally fine, and although I feel pain the appendix isn't ruptured. Since I have finals next week they took that into consideration as well and I will be on antibiotics for the infection.
Good to hear that everything is alright :). Hope you get well soon and good luck on the finals :p.

Yeah Crimsonland says it is PSTV compatible on the store but it doesn't work when I tried it last week. Sony don't care about PSTV.
I'm wondering if you have played Solbrain ;P(and what score you would give for it).

I'm wondering if you have played Solbrain ;P(and what score you would give for it).

Well they are on "Solbrain VIII - Garden". I feel like I would need to play the previous 7 to make sure I don't miss out on the intricacies of the deep story. Seems too daunting to get myself immersed in this deep franchise.

I only play Mobile games that look like they could be good. Lots of misleading screenshots on the games out there. Most of the good Mobile games got or will get native Vita versions. Only real excellent ones still not getting a native versions but should would be Rebel & Super Crate Box.

Heel

Has anyone here had success with refunds from PSN, specifically DLC preorders? Ever been denied?

They're "reviewing" my refund and say it'll take 3-5 days. It's for the Destiny Expansion Pass, which isn't even out until next week.

Any Final Horizon impressions? Wondering if it's worth my time.

I am going to be fair and play some more tonight than the 20 minutes I have so far but early indications is "no". Do you like tower defense games? Too simple so far but I haven't played enough. The most troublesome thing so far is that you can only build on pre-placed "sockets" and can't just place units wherever you want. Maybe it eventually lets you place sockets? Not looking good. Probably better splurging on the excellent Plants vs. Zombies Vita port.

Kaybe

Unconfirmed Member
Hm. Then I'm actually surprised that PB:BG(which was released by 5pb USA) is available in my country, but not even a single game from ASW USA :mad:.

They are dead to me (・`ヘ´・;). Now they are "hinting" that GG Xrd might come to Europe? Release it through NISA(like Under Night In-Birth) or you're still dead to me.
I'm not 100% sure but I believe 5pb USA, ASW USA and ASW Europe are just names that the companies in Japan use for publishing in the west. So no real western branches such as XSEED, Marvelous Europe and such. Therefore there's differences in availability.
The PR company (Strangely Compelling) that both use translates their games, manage PR, support, the websites, Twitter accounts, Facebook pages, et cetera. Nothing about publishing and pricing, the companies in Japan manage that part. (I believe)
Another annoying thing is that the ASW Twitter account seems to pull stuff out of thin air, such as problems with certain SCEE regulations, but how come they have the same problems on Xbox in Europe...? Maybe ASW just want to spite some of us.

And considering that the ASW USA Twitter account confirmed and informally announced GGXrd for Europe (digital only in certain counties, dlc up in the air, yay) doesn't give me hope that they would license it to another publisher in Europe now. Companies usually keep quiet until the new publisher announces it. :/

autoduelist

Was hyped when I saw Re;Birth1 on sale.
Less excited when the country restrictions hit me.
Well, hopefully it's in another of those 12 christmas deals.

Quick overview of Sword Art Online from me too:
+ Loads of content. Like, truckloads of content
+ Nice mmo-like battle system

Can someone explain 'mmo-like' battle system in greater depth? I have never played an MMO and really have no idea what that means, it's completely foreign to me. However, I'm intrigued and care mostly about the battle systems in games.

My Best Buy Store Pickup order for Freedom Wars was delayed for 1-2 weeks. :(

The 20th anniversary theme system music for Vita is pretty cool. I think I hear PSP, PS2, and PS1 start up sound in it.

I finally bought Wipeout HD/Fury (yeah I dunno what's wrong with me for being that late) and my PS3 won't sign in to PSN.

Thanks yosp.

Also bought Spyro trilogy. I'm ready to melt from nostalgia. Haven't played them since I was a kid.

You did good, better late than never.

Jetpack Joyride Deluxe is free for me in the German store, shouldn't it cost some money? Played the F2P version quite a bit.

I think it's free if you own the original Jetpack. It even allows you to import your savefile, but people are reporting issues with that. I havent played it myself yet.

maouvin

I think it's free if you own the original Jetpack.

Only on EU if so ( ._.)

edit: oh wait, do you mean the paid Mini as "original Jetpack"?
And the free version is still showing up on the store, wasn't it going to be pulled?

edit2: oh gods the text on Fantasy Hero. Every piece of text is either small or with shitty spacing.

cwy2WGZ.jpg

http://store.sony.jp/Special/Game/Psvita/dokodemoissyo/index.html

edit: Japan got Monster Rancher 2 as a PSone Classic tonight: https://store.sonyentertainmentnetw...ァーム2/cid=JP0106-NPJJ00714_00-0000000000000001

They also got the Street Fighter Alpha trilogy and some games I've never seen before.

I'd honestly be more excited about owning one of those Doko Demo Vitas than I would the 20th Anniversary PS4. Just goes to show you can apply Toro & Kuro to anything and instantly make it 90% more awesome.

Takao

Banned
I keep hoping to hit hidden gems but Playstation Mobile games are getting worse:

ETERNAL INTERCEPTOR - PS Mobile

Looked good from screenshots but this is horrible. Top down shooter but it's frame rate is slide show level, terrible sound that plays a full second after something explodes, and controls that feel like I am controlling something on a satellite delay.

2/10

KwMaSkE.jpg

Sheep in Hell - PS Mobile

I guess a rougelike if you stripped everything down to almost nothing. You have one button and it is "attack". Nothing to pick up. Just go into randomly generated rooms and aimlessly hit "X". Seriously the graphics hurt my eyes and runs at about 2fps.

1/10

uBdNaoE.jpg

you gonna buy that advance wars clone

Seraphis Cain

bad gameplay lol
Anyone think there's a good chance of DW Gundam Reborn going on sale during the Holiday Sale? It's been out for a little while now and Namco-Bandai do tend to put their stuff on sale relatively quickly. I'd definitely grab it for $20.

you gonna buy that advance wars clone

which game is it, again? You've mentioned it a million times and I remember a screen shot, but I can't remember the title.

Anyone think there's a good chance of DW Gundam Reborn going on sale during the Holiday Sale? It's been out for a little while now and Namco-Bandai do tend to put their stuff on sale relatively quickly. I'd definitely grab it for $20.

seems unlikely :\

SerTapTap

So...Titan Attacks...is that it? Just Space Invaders with upgrades? Got like 5 levels in. Was never a big fan of Space Invaders anyway

maouvin

Screenshots, please.

The pause menu is alright. Font is weird (like on old or fantranslated games), but readable. Some menus use this same font too:

Dialog is a spacing mess:

And then there's these tiny things (that's the crow guy's skill tree):

And since we're here: skill trees seems to work like Borderlands (need x points on the first row to unlock the second one etc), and there's stat point distribuition on level up (like Diablo 1-2 and a bunch of other things).

From what I played the demo is worth a look, but I still have to beat it.

sgtdecimal

Neo Member
Just got Freedom Wars in mail today. Never really played a game like this before. Any tips I should know before jumping in?

Top Bottom