• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PlayStation Network Thread (Vita/PS4/PS3) | December 2014

dallow_bg

nods at old men
cwy2WGZ.jpg

http://store.sony.jp/Special/Game/Psvita/dokodemoissyo/index.html

edit: Japan got Monster Rancher 2 as a PSone Classic tonight: https://store.sonyentertainmentnetw...ァーム2/cid=JP0106-NPJJ00714_00-0000000000000001

They also got the Street Fighter Alpha trilogy and some games I've never seen before.

Welp, that's my new Vita.

Monopoly Deal is now on PS4?! Holy fucking shit! And it's only $5!

For anyone who hasn't played the card game, it is easily the best iteration of Monopoly. Love it!!!

Phototropic

Neo Member
so did anyone buy FANTASY HERO ~unsigned legacy~

how's the game?
I've played about 45 minutes. So far it is pretty repetitive running missions from the main base out to the same small map. I did pick up a sword that is a guitar and plays distorted sound clips when I attack enemies, so that was fun. I haven't seen enough to recommend it for $15 though.

If Vita-3000 had a "glass" layer like the 1000, I will (try to) mod the shit out of it.

I'll have my "RX-0" Vita that will glow green when turned on (at least in the dark) and red while charging.

I think it's mostly up to personal preference which one you prefer, but for me it's all about the 1000. The screen, the 1:1 touchpad and touchscreen size, the shape of the start/select buttons, the weight.... all these things feel and appear better to me on the 1000.

But, most of the factors I'm deciding on relate to my personal preferences - so I can see how someone may completely prefer the 2000....

...especially if their eyesight isn't perfect, 'cause I've got 20/15 vision and damn... that OLED is quite a bit more vivid and clear to me. =P

maouvin

...especially if their eyesight isn't perfect, 'cause I've got 20/15 vision and damn... that OLED is quite a bit more vivid and clear to me. =P

20/15 here too, but with sensitivity to light. The OLED burn my eyes even at lowest brightness. The 2000 screen gets dimmer (and brighter, at the other extreme).
Using my Gunnars (lol) helped, but I can't carry them with me everytime.

Dunno if "excited", but I'm intrigued to know better what it's all about.

I should have listened to the PS Awards stream more. :(

They had a PS20th PS+ promo for the first 123 people to get the ticket.

If you got in, you can pay 12,300 JPY to buy a 20-year PS+ subscription!

That's 5 USD per year!

deadfolk

So what's the deal with the Nosurge stuff?

There's Ciel Nosurge and Ar Nosurge. Only the latter seems to have been localised. And there some 'offline' thing as well.

Can someone give me a one-line summary of how they relate, and what and English speaker can do to best prepare for Nosurge?

Also One Piece Unlimited World Red Vita is only €14.99 atm. Is that a must-have for that price?

perorist

Unconfirmed Member
Can someone give me a one-line summary of how they relate, and what and English speaker can do to best prepare for Nosurge?
Ciel no Surge - life simulation/raising game. Content was released as downloadable episodes over time.
Ciel no Surge Offline - same game but released after all episodes came out and everything is included on cart.
Ar no Surge - JRPG, sequel to Ciel, already in English and out on PS3.
Ar no Surge Plus - enhanced Vita port, Japan only but likely to be localized.

Basically read a translated summary of Ciel no Surge and play Ar no Surge or wait to see if Ar no Surge Plus is localized. Ciel likely won't be localized at this point due to the nature of the game.

So what's the deal with the Nosurge stuff?

There's Ciel Nosurge and Ar Nosurge. Only the latter seems to have been localised. And there some 'offline' thing as well.

Properly, they're Surge Concerto, not Nosurge.

Ar nosurge is the sequel to Ciel nosurge. Is Ciel important? Yes. Should you play Ciel? Yes. Is this one line? The newline is only at the end, so yes.

As a non-Japanese speaker, you have several options:
1. Be fucking rich and pay for the localization.
2. Get an army and convince Koei-Tecmo that every single person in your army will buy the game.
3. Learn Japanese.

deadfolk

Ciel no Surge - life simulation/raising game. Content was released as downloadable episodes over time.
Ciel no Surge Offline - same game but released after all episodes came out and everything is included on cart.
Ar no Surge - JRPG, sequel to Ciel, already in English and out on PS3.
Ar no Surge Plus - enhanced Vita port, Japan only but likely to be localized.

Basically read a translated summary of Ciel no Surge and play Ar no Surge or wait to see if Ar no Surge Plus is localized. Ciel likely won't be localized at this point due to the nature of the game.

Thanks!

Properly, they're Surge Concerto, not Nosurge.

Ar nosurge is the sequel to Ciel nosurge. Is Ciel important? Yes. Should you play Ciel? Yes. Is this one line? The newline is only at the end, so yes.

As a non-Japanese speaker, you have several options:
1. Be fucking rich and pay for the localization.
2. Get an army and convince Koei-Tecmo that every single person in your army will buy the game.
3. Learn Japanese.

1. Some day.
2. I have an army, but they're currently storming Sega offices demanding Yakuza localisations.
3. Working on it, but it ain't happening quickly enough.

While you might see me more often in the Steam thread now, I did not forget to spend something for my Vita. I thought the remaining balance on my account (1.80$) can't buy anything for it, lo and behold flOw comes. I just feel burned playing my Vita exclusively for a year, and playing JRPGs one after another didn't help either. I've just stopped using it until I rekindle my love for it.
````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````
SAO: HF was really great.
Pros:
+Huge amount of content
+Wide variety of skills and weapons to choose from
+Pretty good gameplay
+Hate Asuna? You can disregard her (though for the story sake, you have to interact with her)

Cons:
-LOL Story
-LOL Rocarization, penetrations aplenty (I got the Asian Version)
-The new content area (Hollow Area) is much more polished for me since the towns past the initial town are just pictures. They also shorter too
-Can be a bit grindy if you are a completionist / do everything in the game guy

Debatable:
/Noticeable amount of Fanservice

Mandatory Virtua Tennis 4 screenshot from Google since the game is on sale:

Still one of the nicest-looking games on the Vita. Buy it, people.

It's a great game, enjoyed it a lot. Tearaway is also on sale so if you for some reason haven't bought it yet (shame on you!), buy it

Shizuka

To be honest, the material Sony is using to make these limited editions is kinda underwhelming. My Danganronpa Vita is a bit pale IRL.

nampad

Gonna buy Resistance Vita from the anniversary sale. Don't ban me, need a new shootbang for the Vita and already own everything else worthwhile.

nampad

Just remembered why I didn't get Resistance at release. There are no English audio files in the German version. Hm...

Titan Falls feels like a PSmini that got an HD upgrade. It's fine, but nothing i would seek out on my own.

LOL, I know what game you meant though :p
Yeah, it sucks. Thought it would scratch my Space Invaders Extreme itch but the game is just plain boring.

Mandatory Virtua Tennis 4 screenshot from Google since the game is on sale:

Still one of the nicest-looking games on the Vita. Buy it, people.

My first Vita game. Looks incredible and Virtua Tennis is always fun.

Zhao_Yun

So now that Castlevania The Dracula X Chronicles is available on Vita on EU PSN I wanted to ask whether the included SoTN is the best version to play or the original PS1 release. I guess the original PAL release was 50 hz only? What about the PSP remake?

SerTapTap

This is really bugging me:

And imgur shows broken images in gaf but work fine elsewhere. Can right click > open image new tab even works.

But this..I can't even salvage.

Twitter link, it's the PS1 styled PS4 that was announced today

Thank gods it's limited to PSX, or it'd be a pretty expensive impulse buy.

I hope it isn't, I need one of them. They said it'd come to EU somehow for 500 eurobucks so it can't be ONLY at PSX, though we have no hints as to how or where it will be available.

waypoetic

Banned
Nice one on the EU store: having a car from The Crew in/on the demo icon on the main page. Here is thought that there actually was a demo waiting for me once I clicked "demos" but NOPE!

Top Bottom