• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PlayStation Network Thread (Vita/PS4/PS3) | December 2014

B-Genius

Unconfirmed Member
1. Yes you separate the download for 3 games.
2. Yes the trilogy comes with *some* DLC. For ME1, you don't have to buy anything (Pinnacle Station is not available for PS3) For ME2, you need to buy Zaeed Revenge and Arrival, both I consider very important for the wholeness of your experience. Other DLCs are just for cosmetic. Mass Effect 3, unfortunately, comes with no DLC except the free ones in the MP. So you have to purchase From Ashes (really important, gives you one of the game's best character), Extended Cut (for the "fixed" ending), Leviathan (interesting for lore purpose), Citadel (extremely important), and Omega (skip this one if you want) + all the extra appearance and guns stuff DLCs.
3. AFAIK no known problems.

Great, thanks a lot for the advice :)

Man... that initial investment of 12 quid has jumped up a bit, but I'll see how things go!

Edit: Top of the page recommendation: Buy Gravity Rush and P4 on Vita while they're on the cheap!

Flandy

>Playing PT with Gold Wireless headset and in the Dark
>Be terrified
>Get Stuck
>Walk around for a few minutes
>Find out I can zoom in with R3
>Zoom in at a certain place
>Fucker appears out of nowhere
>Home Button
>Options
>Close Application

;__;

>Be terrified
>Get Stuck
>Home Button
>Options
>Close Application

;__;

Haha, so many people had that reaction.

bobohoro

Didn't vote because I didn't play any Novita games. And combining November and Vita looks kinda dumb. And when I look at the release schedule, I probably won't be playing any Dezvita games either. Don't have much time anyway. Is there no 24 days to christmas sale this year?

maouvin

Just Xrd this month, unless we get some rad stealth releases.
Oh, and maybe Fantasy Hero, but not on launch.

Such a total post count decrease compared to pre-gaming community

Aye, weakest month in a while. The previous lowest month was July with a bit under 5k, and now we didn't even reach 4k.

Guilty Gear Xrd this month on my birthday! Woo!!

Cake comes riding on a midnight train.

---

And hey, Laughing Banana is back!
And baekshi too!

bobbytkc

ADD New Gen Gamer
>Be terrified
>Get Stuck
>Home Button
>Options
>Close Application

;__;

I do that once every few weeks.

Makes me feel like a normal human being.

Omerta

>Be terrified
>Get Stuck
>Home Button
>Options
>Close Application

;__;

Haha... I did exactly the same thing!

Laughing Banana

Weeping Pickle
GAF mods killing all their communities
-slowclap-

But it's for the good of the community!

Meh. I am not even sure that they even care to take a look here anymore :p

Anyways, guys, I'll be getting a PS4 soon, yey! Recommend good games! I will double dip into Dragon Age Inquisition, haven't even finished my PS3 walkthrough with it.

RPGs, or atmospheric stuff, or scary stuff, anything! Not racing or sport though, not a genre that I am willing to spend money in.

And hey, Laughing Banana is back!
And baekshi too!

But I never really leave.....

wilflare

But it's for the good of the community!

Meh. I am not even sure that they even care to take a look here anymore :p

Anyways, guys, I'll be getting a PS4 soon, yey! Recommend good games! I will double dip into Dragon Age Inquisition, haven't even finished my PS3 walkthrough with it.

RPGs, or atmospheric stuff, or scary stuff, anything! Not racing or sport though, not a genre that I am willing to spend money in.

But I never really leave.....

DAI is on sale at Amazon.com for $45
sigh if only it's a digital code for PlayStation

incpdo

I bought Senran Kagura dekamori(why no physical release idk , but thos almost 3g will hurt my memory card u__u) , couldnt resist, also Murasaki Baby so my girlfriend could play it. She likes Tim Burton style and Murasaki takes a lot from that art style.

Tsunamo

Was wondering where VitaGAF wandered off to, should have known this thread would end up in the community section eventually.

>Be terrified
>Get Stuck
>Home Button
>Options
>Close Application

;__;

This is why I never even gave it a shot, I would of done the same. It would of just been a waste of bandwidth lmfao

Star Ocean 2 Second Evolution will have a Vita version.

Supposedly, this was Tri-Ace instead of Tose/Square-Enix. That implies that it's not a port of the PSP SO2 SE (i.e. it'd be a remake of a remake).

Personally, I'd assume it is a complete port until I see stuff. :/

Cha

I finally finished Persona 4 Golden last night!! What a ride. Completed it with a few maxed out social links but only kept 1 romantic relationship. Will definitely go back some other time (after my backlog) to max out other links and have multiple relationships. The game was worth every bit of praise that it got. Now giiiive to meee P4DAN!!

I finally finished Persona 4 Golden last night!! What a ride. Completed it with a few maxed out social links but only kept 1 romantic relationship. Will definitely go back some other time (after my backlog) to max out other links and have multiple relationships. The game was worth every bit of praise that it got. Now giiiive to meee P4DAN!!

If you haven't already, give P3P a try! If you own a 3DS, Persona Q is excellent.

2+2=5

The Amiga Brotherhood
New thread! :D

I hope that Star Ocean 2 is a good remake.

Being in the wall of shame with just 49 posts is really worrying though... We need to do better this month! XD

New thread! :D

I hope that Star Ocean 2 is a good remake.

Being in the wall of shame with just 49 posts is really worrying though... We need to do better this month! XD

I'm quite ashamed of where I am on that wall. My post count has increased quite exponentially.

Actually no, I'm not ashamed at all, you guys are good folks and there's also good conversation topics. I wouldn't be too bothered with the decrease in posts, there's a saying we say back in Portugal: "poucos mas bons", there aren't many of us, but we are all good people. Something like that, hard to translate to english aha.

Point is, we are keeping the thread active, which is what matters :)

Takao

Banned
Hooray. I was getting worried Acquire's only output going forward would be F2P phone games.

(Though this will probably be F2P)

Players take on the role of a commander who runs a city loaded with myriad special gadgets for the purpose of repelling enemy forces. This is done for the sake of protecting human reserves of a special resource known as “Altanite,” with specific tactics including things such as physically revolving the spherical city and utilizing support characters.

Two characters have been revealed so far, them being:

Lovelock (voiced by Toshiyuki Toyonaga) – Guns control.
Touwa (voiced by M.A.O.) – Deputy commander.

A release date was not announced.

Read more at http://gematsu.com/2014/12/metropolis-defenders-announced-ps-vita#r0W6b8kVOQDRALUt.99

SerTapTap

So I got KH2.5 HD Final REmix Turbo but I'm not really feeling the full on billion hour action RPG right now. Which of the side games would be more approachable? I have only actually played KH2 (almost 100%, some of the gummi ship stuff is crazy though)

Such a total post count decrease compared to pre-gaming community

This one's going to be worse, I think last thread started in Gaming briefly. I subscribe to it now, but I'd never have found this thread without seeing it whiz past the front page BTW, same for Nintendo downloads and most of the other stuff that's been booted into Community.

Decided to buy a PS4. And this time, I am gonna choose Reg3 for my PSN account since finding a R1 game can sometimes be difficult where I live :/ And since DLC must fit the region of the game.......... *sigh*

Case in point: Dragon Age Inquisition.

Can't be arsed to always do digital considering the size of the files (44 GB? Get the fuck out of here, lol)

So, my Vita and PS3: LaughingBanana Region 1. My PS4: a new region 3 account. Recommend me a good PSN name, GAF.

I think you can buy on one account and just keep playing with your old one. I lucked out by starting in the US I guess but I keep all my PSN stuff tied to my old lame name because having stuff split up is annoying.

Also FWIW I made my JP account "KachiKachiSama" on 360 because it's the closest (romanized) japanese depiction of my name, I like to make my cross-region stuff fit the region. Not sure what I'll call my UK PSN account when I make it. Normally I'd add a "Sir" to be Max British but...

Ya'll're such babies. The only time I jumped in PT is when I was looking for stupid photo scraps and accidentally entered the stupid basement door

v1perz53

Hmm, the buy $100 get $15 back thing ends tomorrow right? I currently need to spend $65 more to get it, trying to decide between Freedom Wars, Shinovi Versus, and Miku. All games I will get eventually, but I don't have time for the first two yet with my backlog, and I'm still playing through the first Miku so I wouldn't start the second for a while. Any suggestions? I know Miku doesn't go on sale, so that is probably a solid choice, but I probably wouldn't play it for a long time (playing through the first one pretty slowly, though enjoying it a lot). The other two I'm worried will go on sale before I actually play them, which is always a bit of a bummer.

Any suggestions? Other things I should look into getting, or should I wait to see if any good sales happen on Tuesday (deal is good until Tuesday 11:59 right)?

Best buy having a deal..can get freedom wars 15 bucks.

Only if I still lived in the states =/

Gah, this pretty much eliminated Freedom Wars from my list hah. Too bad I absolutely hate getting Vita games physical, but $15 is too good of a deal.

SerTapTap

Hmm, the buy $100 get $15 back thing ends tomorrow right? I currently need to spend $65 more to get it, trying to decide between Freedom Wars, Shinovi Versus, and Miku. All games I will get eventually, but I don't have time for the first two yet with my backlog, and I'm still playing through the first Miku so I wouldn't start the second for a while. Any suggestions? I know Miku doesn't go on sale, so that is probably a solid choice, but I probably wouldn't play it for a long time (playing through the first one pretty slowly, though enjoying it a lot). The other two I'm worried will go on sale before I actually play them, which is always a bit of a bummer..

The Shinovi Versus physical LE is only $10 more with OST and art book if that matters at all, though I can see why you'd prefer not to have a cart. Versus is quite good, can't speak for Miku as I'm sure I'd just fail every song if I tried to play

Tizoc

Hmm, the buy $100 get $15 back thing ends tomorrow right? I currently need to spend $65 more to get it, trying to decide between Freedom Wars, Shinovi Versus, and Miku. All games I will get eventually, but I don't have time for the first two yet with my backlog, and I'm still playing through the first Miku so I wouldn't start the second for a while. Any suggestions? I know Miku doesn't go on sale, so that is probably a solid choice, but I probably wouldn't play it for a long time (playing through the first one pretty slowly, though enjoying it a lot). The other two I'm worried will go on sale before I actually play them, which is always a bit of a bummer.

Any suggestions? Other things I should look into getting, or should I wait to see if any good sales happen on Tuesday (deal is good until Tuesday 11:59 right)?

Gah, this pretty much eliminated Freedom Wars from my list hah. Too bad I absolutely hate getting Vita games physical, but $15 is too good of a deal.

Get some PSP and PSX Classics :p

antibolo

Banned
With the buy 100 get 15 promo ending tomorrow, hopefully tomorrow's update will have interesting sales so I can spend enough for hahaha who am I kidding it's not going to happen.

Yea a shame I live in Taiwan right lol

I live in Canada and it's still a shame because I paid full price aha. I don't really mind, like I said the game had so much content and it was cheap. Hope anyone who hasn't played the game jumps on this deal, bring the sales up

Sony better drop some Vita deals this Tuesday man. Every game company besides Sony got money from me last week. Yes, even freakin' Nintendo, which I still refuse to place on my avatar. Get it together Sony!!

SerTapTap

Get some PSP and PSX Classics :p

Oh hey that's a good idea. I was struggling to come up with $100 of stuff, or even $50 + a PS+ top-off. I was looking through the PS3 indies selection and I own like half of the PS3/PS4/Vita indie catalog and more almost every exclusive indie already

New thread o/

Looking forward to Fantasy Hero, waiting for my copy of Phantasy Star Nova and Dengiki Bunko Fighting Climax :3

So what happened with Over my Dead Body? Stealth release again?

Redhood

My store downloads are not getting pushed to the vita. Got 26 dlc for shinovi versus queued and it still showing waiting on the web store. Tried restarting the vita; entering store on vita, downloaded one of them manually but they are still stuck. Any help?

maouvin

So what happened with Over my Dead Body? Stealth release again?

It was never confirmed for this year.

My store downloads are not getting pushed to the vita. Got 26 dlc for shinovi versus queued and it still showing waiting on the web store. Tried restarting the vita; entering store on vita, downloaded one of them manually but they are still stuck. Any help?

Here they need some minutes after rebooting to start downloading.

Man God

Non-Canon Member
15 bucks sounds about right for a digital copy of Freedom Wars.

Not buying any Vita physical game for more than 6 bucks.

Top Bottom