• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PlayStation Network Thread (Vita/PS4/PS3) | December 2014

Flandy

I played halfway through TLOU on PS3 and am now thinking about getting the PS4 version :(
If there would be cross save, I would have already jumped at full price. My PS3 is at my brother right now so I can't really play it anyway (funnily, he has my PS3 to play TLOU online). Besides the technical jump the headphone jack actually helps me playing my PS4 games so I am really thinking about it. That money was supposed to go to Senran Kagura though but on the other hand, that game could also get a sale? I also hate replaying games.

How far did you make it? What was the last thing tha thappened in the story?

nampad

How far did you make it? What was the last thing tha thappened in the story?

I got the car from Bill (?) and got crashed in that scene known from the gameplay trailer. Played through the part after the crash and clearing the hotel area known from the gameplay trailer.

My brother said my save shows I played more than half of it. Never played the online and then there is still Left Behind, which I got for free for the PS3.

autoduelist

Want to pull the trigger on Rayman Legends but last time I spent 13 on Rayman Origins (worth it) it was ps+ soon after.

Think I'm picking up Carnage Hearts EXA. Reviews put me off Adventure to Go and Mystic Chronicles, though the psp rgp collector in me wants both anyway. And I kind of want UFC ps4.

I wish I knew what was going on sale tomorrow so I could judge if there is any chance of hitting 100.

What a disgusting GOTM. Binding of Isaac Rebirth got robbed.

That's because it's powering up to be GOTY instead.

Yasumi

Banned
It was so hard to restrain my power level when my coworker mentioned he wanted a Vita for western games. I was just like, "Oh, I've heard indie games are pretty cool on it." Pretty sure he's going to get one.
Oh man a Netpunia doll

I feel like this pic needs a caption but can't think of one.
plush_neptunedoll_4.jpg

"I'll slice you in two!"

I Wanna Be The Guy

U-S-A! U-S-A! U-S-A!
It was so hard to restrain my power level when my coworker mentioned he wanted a Vita for western games. I was just like, "Oh, I've heard indie games are pretty cool on it." Pretty sure he's going to get one.

plush_neptunedoll_4.jpg

"I'll slice you in two!"
Well there are plenty of good western games to play on Vita that aren't indies. It's just that most of them came out in the first year.

nampad

My PS4's HDD is running into space problems so I thought I try out the F2P games I downloaded but never played. Lazy as I am, I use Remote Play and Blacklight: Retribution really doesn't have a Remote Play control scheme, lol. I still managed to kill a guy using ADS and shooting on the touchscreen with the crab but then deleted this shitty game. The impressions I have read weren't good anyway.

Then I start Warframe after checking if I have all the updates in the PS4 menu. I did or so I thought before I now have to download 4 GB ingame. Yeah, another game I'll just delete.
I deleted DC Universe before playing because I don't want to get into a MMORPG now and what I have played of the PS3 version at release didn't grab me. Now there is only War Thunder left.

What are your experiences with the F2P games? Blacklight and Warframe actually good if they don't bullshit you?

OmegaZero

What are your experiences with the F2P games? Blacklight and Warframe actually good if they don't bullshit you?

Warframe was fun for a bit. A TPS with tons of mobility, varied weapons, cool looking art and fun moment to moment gameplay.

The endless grind for every single thing ever in that game eventually burnt me out.

Yasumi

Banned
Well there are plenty of good western games to play on Vita that aren't indies. It's just that most of them came out in the first year.
Right, I just didn't want to go full Vita evangelist/marketer. I wuv it too much.

On the other hand, I sold another coworker on a WiiU today, and he bought it on his phone right there. He rents a place with three other people, so the local multi works for him. I'm sorry, I betrayed you Vita-chan-sama.

Shizuka

Ordered Persona Q limited edition and Tales of Hearts R with Fedex shipping from Play-Asia. There goes all my monthly budget.

ryseing

My brother said my save shows I played more than half of it. Never played the online and then there is still Left Behind, which I got for free for the PS3.

Online is fantastic. I rebought the PS4 version solely so I could play with all the maps.

v1perz53

I think you are right and it is too bad. I would prefer to have played the Walking Dead and Wolf Among Us titles on my Vita, but never want to wait. Game of Thrones is going to be no different. Bah.

That's my issue with Tales from the Borderlands. Would much prefer a telltale game on my portable, but I am having a hard time waiting. I also usually prefer to get episodic games one episode at a time (yea, I know this is probably a minority opinion), so waiting for Vita release they'd probably release them all at once.

ZeroAKA

I think this might be the first year in a long time in which I didn't buy anything PS-related during Black Friday and Cyber Monday. I picked up a 32 GB microSD card and $100 worth of eShop credit, just waiting for Nintendo to announce that N3DS release date in the US...

Cool, it arrived, better slow than never:

Also got my TV. PS4 should be here at the end of the week, but I'm finally trying out my PS TV (the one I bought day 1 thinking they'd get discontinued quick, then saw it drop to $80-100 within a month). Can I get a link to a current compatibility list for NA?

Just gonna throw my 64GB in and play russian roulette with it either way. EDIT: terrible idea. Putting the 64GB card in the PS TV just removed everything from folders, completely disorganized it, and exceeded the 10 page limit. Will definitely need to use the 32GB card only for this. Just going to watch a movie and reorganize my 64.

v1perz53

Right, I just didn't want to go full Vita evangelist/marketer. I wuv it too much.

On the other hand, I sold another coworker on a WiiU today, and he bought it on his phone right there. He rents a place with three other people, so the local multi works for him. I'm sorry, I betrayed you Vita-chan-sama.

Honestly, the Vita and Wii U have a lot in common and I know many people are a fan of both. We just appreciate the gems often overlooked by others! (and are apparently masochistic)

I think this might be the first year in a long time in which I didn't buy anything PS-related during Black Friday and Cyber Monday. I picked up a 32 GB microSD card and $100 worth of eShop credit, just waiting for Nintendo to announce that N3DS release date in the US...

For real, what are they waiting for.

whoever decided on that color text should be fired. Not necessarily cause of that one ad, but anyone who thinks that's okay is not worth hiring.

Also they are secretly telling us that you can use your Vita to wipe your butt with, but I personally prefer baby wipes.

Like come on they could find a much better way to market the system than with a line like this lmfao.

maouvin

Little Big Planet 3 (PS4) Digital Download Card $39.99 via Altatac on eBay. http://ow.ly/Fbwaq

Good deal, didnt know what thread to post it in :p

Aw, the voucher is sent by mail :/
By the time it gets through my country's customs and local mail service (especially at this time of the year) the game will be already on sale on PSN ~_~

I should've voted for Bon Appetit, the game is really fun.

how much of a "serious" rhythm game is it? It seemed kinda like a rhythm game-light from the videos I saw, which turned me off it.

**On a scale from rhythm minigame in a game like slycooper to Miku.

It's like a nut
you can play with
on the toilet.
squirrel1.jpg

I remember those squirrel ads! Miss that crazy shit.

I should've voted for Bon Appetit, the game is really fun.

Fun, yes - GOTM... not really.

how much of a "serious" rhythm game is it? It seemed kinda like a rhythm game-light from the videos I saw, which turned me off it.

**On a scale from rhythm minigame in a game like slycooper to Miku.

Somewhere in the middle? I'm enjoying it, but I can definitely see how it's no Miku.

december thread. yay! nothing for me this month (except for some pinball tables). i'm not even halfway through SK. much less time to play this month -_-

My SENRAN KAGURA SHINOVI VERSUS - 'Let's Get Physical' Limited Edition should be here next week.

You change your avatar so frequently lol. Always throws me off.
Hope you enjoy SK

Murdered Soul Suspect worth $15?

Maybe... I didn't hear of many people who really liked the game, but plenty of people thought it was fine. I'd probably buy it for 10$ unless you really like the premise/genre.

jvm

Gamasutra.
Wait, Duke Nukem 3D launch date is known? How did I miss that. Icons are up on PS Store...

Also, there is no PS+ discount for Lara Croft preorder? Boo.

Top Bottom