• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PlayStation Network Thread (Vita/PS4/PS3) | December 2014

Took a chance on Boss! for Vita at $7 since no screenshots were available anywhere including the store and the description for the game was poor. I don't feel I would be a good judge because I pretty much hate all 2D brawlers even ones that are deemed good.

Here are some screenshots to judge yourself.

yC8964j.jpg

lsWOqoN.jpg

7H73Igm.jpg

cHqRazB.jpg

myNBA2k15 on Vita is useless without the game. Thought this might be like one of those phone battle card games like WWE Supercard or something but I can't get anything but draw coin cards.

4PcezdU.jpg

deadfolk

lol
i was browsing the european psn to see if suikoden was released - i think it won't be up until january if i am not mistaken, but i had to try - and just discovered that Castlevania Dracula X CHronicles is available for vita. SInce when? Great surprise, a bit pricey buy at last i can enjoy the definive version :)

They updated it a few weeks ago. :)

I'm sure I'm late to the party but I got my copy of Freedom Wars. Only completed the tutorial mission so far. I think I got my avatar looking alright.

Anyone know what the digital price of Class of Heros 2G is supposed to be? I got my physical copy but since it's one of the lowest print runs for PS3 I'm not sure I should open it. Apparently the digital release is slightly delayed due to a cert failure for that version only.

Wooh, been playing alot of Freedom Wars myself since I got it on cheap not long ago. really loving alot about it. Its repetitive, but the setting and style of it has me pulled in.

Shinriji

Some JP indie games (JP PSN for now) are releasing for vita and PS4

- TorqueL (Vita/PS4 - Dec 24)
- Machinarium (Vita/PS3 - Dec 24)
- Croixleur Sigma (Vita/PS4 - 2015)
- Asterbreed (PS4 - 2015)
- Revolver Actor 360 (PS4 - 2015)
- Mitsurugi Kamui Hikae (PS4 - 2015)
- Prismatic Solid (PS4 - 2015)

http://www.playism.jp/publishing/

SerTapTap

Nice! Croixlur is great, I might rebuy if it has new content and fixes the tearing issue the PC version has (it's impossible to fix a constant, consistent tear even with forced vsync. Shame because the game otherwise runs and plays great)

I hope they start porting Botanicula too. I like it more than Machinarium, but Machinarium gets all the love because it's on everything and botanicula is PC only. (not exactly JP btw)

Hey VitaGAF! Bought a Vita two weeks ago. I've missed it so much. Now I'm going through all that I missed this year and playing some older games as well. Feels so good to finally have my favorite console of all time again.

autoduelist

It's a less interesting Sunset Overdrive lookalike, or at least that's the impression I had from the trailer.

I'm keeping my eyes on it though. It's in my list of games I should take a look at once I get a PS4, especially if Sunset Overdrive doesn't go multiplatform.

I was beaten already on this, but I need to say it -- different art style, different genre, different everything. Not even remotely the same.

I just got a email with a 20% off code from Playstation to use on PSN but there are not anything interesting on the sale. Code is valid until 14th, any chance of any more PS4-titles being put on sale until then?

Not interested in VITA on US PSN.

Hmm, maybe Ill buy another year of PSN + if nothing else tempts me.

Is this the first report of a promo code!?! Awesome. I hope I get one, though I'm guessing this first batch will be very limited as they test everything and make sure there are no glitches. Lucky you!

Took a chance on Boss! for Vita at $7 since no screenshots were available anywhere including the store and the description for the game was poor. I don't feel I would be a good judge because I pretty much hate all 2D brawlers even ones that are deemed good.

So.. you play as the boss and fight little enemies? Cool concept, I guess. Hard to tell if it's fun from the screen shots though.

antibolo

Banned

Japanese indie devs have finally realized the existence of self-publishing on consoles? It's about time.

SerTapTap

Japanese indie devs have finally realized the existence of self-publishing on consoles? It's about time.

I know right? Hope this will finally mean all those PC only, non-digitally distributed indies will start to be on something I can actually friggin purchase. Even if I have to buy JP PSN cards it'll be better than "yeah we made a game it's only available on CD which was only distributed at a convention 5 years ago lol bye"

So.. you play as the boss and fight little enemies? Cool concept, I guess. Hard to tell if it's fun from the screen shots though.

Yeah you eventually get to a Boss. So your Boss fights a Boss. It's a lot of waves after waves of enemies but that is every 2D brawler. I got bored of Dust: An Elysian Tail despite it being very well done. It just isn't my thing.

Does anyone have a suggested method of discreetly playing my vita during 2 hours of student presentations?
/s kinda :(

I hadn't played suikoden in so long. Feels good to get back into these. Also got a couple games to add to my collection, as well as planning on buying Gundam Breaker. Good month.

You don't like watching trainwrecks? Fun fact: All those people with poor presentation skills go on to be lecturing professors.

It's a class that serves as an easy requirement for nonmajors, so everyone who enjoys the topic ends up looking AMAZING in comparison. I'm guessing those folks don't become lecturers. God, i hope not.

Alright, I'm off, then. Bringing my Vita in hopes the prof. is late.

bobohoro

Does anyone have a suggested method of discreetly playing my vita during 2 hours of student presentations?
/s kinda :(

Be respectful to other people and listen with full attention!

That's the only place where I prefer my tablet over my vita. Since online campus is the main way of distributing lecture slides and other stuff, noone is suspecting me of browsing NeoGAF all the time.

SerTapTap

Be respectful to other people and listen with full attention!

That's the only place where I prefer my tablet over my vita. Since online campus is the main way of distributing lecture slides and other stuff, noone is suspecting me of browsing NeoGAF all the time.

I once got yelled at for using my computer...to...take...notes, during lecture. Then again I was also once grounded in high school because I was reading a book instead of watching a christmas movie. I just can't win.

Turnstyle

Just in case you miss it, Giana Sisters is released today on PSN in the EU for PS4, and its 50% off for PS+ users.

That's one hell of a day one discount!

VLiberty

It looks nothing like Sunset Overdrive. It's not even he same genre, nor does it have a similar artstyle. Possibly a somewhat similar style of humour but that's about it. Gameplay looks like one of the most interesting of a multiplayer shooter in recent memory and it just looks ridiculously fun. Plus Jaffe. Hopefully this will launch without he kind of issues Twisted Metal had online.
I was beaten already on this, but I need to say it -- different art style, different genre, different everything. Not even remotely the same.
I got that vibe from the trailer, but I think you might be right. The crazy art style and the extreme jumps lead me wrong, but yeah gameplay-wise they're basically two different things

bobohoro

I once got yelled at for using my computer...to...take...notes, during lecture. Then again I was also once grounded in high school because I was reading a book instead of watching a christmas movie. I just can't win.

The only time entertainment electronics ever got me in trouble with educational authorities was back in '92 when I went to Kindergarten with my new GameBoy. Wanted to play a quick round of Link's Awakening at lunch break, but my kindergarten teacher took it, yelled at me for doing stupid stuff and quickly commenced into the next room to try it out herself with some other teachers.

Good 'ol times.

Hikami

Oh cool, already have Mitsurugi on Steam but the rest of these are new to me. More JP indies should be on PSN.

SerTapTap

Oh cool, already have Mitsurugi on Steam but the rest of these are new to me. More JP indies should be on PSN.

Def wait for Croixleur PS4 instead of PC, unless they fix the PC version I guess. There's no way Sony lets them put it on PS4 with the tearing so that's a nice upgrade. Also the button prompts are fucked on PC. Hopefully they're still customizable on PS4 though, I don't like the default setup either.

pahamrick

Just needed somewhere to vent, and this was the closest thread that seemed to match.

Someone broke into my mom's car while I was in the Doctor's for my bi-weekly INR testing and jacked my hard vita case which had my physical games and 32GB card in it. Luckily I had my Vita with 8GB card with me (I keep all my PS1 classics on the 8gb, had all my digital vita + psp games on the 32gb). I have a smaller slip case that I keep the system in when I put it in my pocket because the hard case was too big.

They also jacked my oxygen tank and the few CDs my mom had in the car. Okay, I can understand busting in to grab a vita case (I thought I had covered it up on the back seat) but who the hell steals an oxygen tank, especially out of a car parked at a damn doctor's parking lot.

Fucking thieves.

Sorry, just had to get this out of my system.

Xenoflare

Just needed somewhere to vent, and this was the closest thread that seemed to match.

Someone broke into my mom's car while I was in the Doctor's for my bi-weekly INR testing and jacked my hard vita case which had my physical games and 32GB card in it. Luckily I had my Vita with 8GB card with me (I keep all my PS1 classics on the 8gb, had all my digital vita + psp games on the 32gb). I have a smaller slip case that I keep the system in when I put it in my pocket because the hard case was too big.

They also jacked my oxygen tank and the few CDs my mom had in the car. Okay, I can understand busting in to grab a vita case (I thought I had covered it up on the back seat) but who the hell steals an oxygen tank, especially out of a car parked at a damn doctor's parking lot.

Fucking thieves.

Jesus hell this is terrible. Very sorry to hear that....

A friend of my got his car broken into as well, he happened to forget his wallet in it so that was obviously stolen, which had a few IDs and cards you don't want to lose

Renpatsu

New MUSYNC update.
Ver. 1.10
Two new songs:
A Chinese children's sounding song.
This one has a rather insane hard mode where you're tasked with playing the entire song (presumably the easy notes) from memory with only the flashing of the metronome to guide you.

UNLIFT (IAP) - An electronic dubstep song.

Load times when switching difficulties has again been improved

Fucking thieves.

Damn I'm sorry to hear this. Whoever goes around stealing stuff from people at a hospital deserves severe punishment. Hell, I'd say stealing in general is bad but right next to a hospital? For fucks sake.

pariah164

Fucking thieves.
What the actual fuck is wrong with people? I am so sorry that happened to you. Hopefully the police will find the asshole who did this and get your stuff back.

Takao

Banned

yC8964j.jpg

lsWOqoN.jpg

7H73Igm.jpg

cHqRazB.jpg

This is a port of a PSP Minis game called Wackylands Boss.

Fucking thieves.

Terrible. Sorry to read this.

Fucking thieves.

What the fuck. Sorry to hear that :(

pahamrick

Jesus hell this is terrible. Very sorry to hear that....

A friend of my got his car broken into as well, he happened to forget his wallet in it so that was obviously stolen, which had a few IDs and cards you don't want to lose

Thankfully, my mom decided to take her purse with her as she was going to leave it in the car. That would have been an even bigger nightmare if her bank cards and ID went as well.

Shit, that sucks :(

Damn I'm sorry to hear this. Whoever goes around stealing stuff from people at a hospital deserves severe punishment. Hell, I'd say stealing in general is bad but right next to a hospital? For fucks sake.

What the actual fuck is wrong with people? I am so sorry that happened to you. Hopefully the police will find the asshole who did this and get your stuff back.

It wasn't an actual hospital, but a smaller Doctor's clinic. It's a lot closer than the hospital where I got treated, and since I need my INR every other week, or sometimes every week depending on the reading, it was the better option as far as gas was concerned since I'm not allowed to drive for the time being.

And for those who don't know what INR tests are, it's basically checking blood thickness. I'm on blood thinners (warfarin) and they need to keep my blood regulated to a certain thinness hence they frequent trips.

We filled out a police report, but they're not hopeful of finding anything since the clinic doesn't have video cameras out in the parking lot. Insurance company is being decidedly less than helpful as well. I've already resigned myself to the fact that the games and memory card are gone and I'll be lucky for any reimbursement from the insurance company.

Even the oxygen tank? Holy crap, that's disgusting.

Shameless.

Terrible. Sorry to read this.

What the fuck. Sorry to hear that :(

Jacking the oxygen tank is what got me. The only things of any value were in the vita case, because my mom only had 3 CDs in the car and the oxygen tank is $20 direct from the medical supply company I deal with for that and my oxygen concentrator. Unless half empty O2 tanks are worth serious bank on the black market, then I need to get in on that.

system11

Just in case you miss it, Giana Sisters is released today on PSN in the EU for PS4, and its 50% off for PS+ users.

That's one hell of a day one discount!

Does anyone have this, is it 30fps like the previous ones?

Edit: 60fps on PS4 (can confirm, strangely not including menus/etc) and XB1 (allegedly).

I Wanna Be The Guy

U-S-A! U-S-A! U-S-A!
I love working at GAME. Spreading Vita love feels so good. That feeling when someone comes in with no interest in the Vita and I get them to walk out with one is a feeling like nothing else. I'm doing god's work.

Flandy

I love working at GAME. Spreading Vita love feels so good. That feeling when someone comes in with no interest in the Vita and I get them to walk out with one is a feeling like nothing else. I'm doing god's work.

They're gonna be really bummed out when they come back a week later and can't get a refund

system11

They mention "improved framerate" but seem to stop short of calling it 60FPS: http://www.playstationlifestyle.net...ted-dreams-directors-cut-coming-ps4-xbox-one/

If it's out maybe someone can confirm. I only have it on PC and won't be rebuying

Yeah edited my earlier post. Playing on PS4, I've done the first stage and it dropped a single frame during the entire level. If the rest of the stages follow suit it qualifies for "locked".

Yes, I was counting.

Oddly the menus and stuff are 30 (or slower), which was kind of worrying until the level actually appeared. Makes a drastic improvement to the game, which I stopped playing on the 360 or PS3 (I forget which..)

Edit: it doesn't stick to 60 after all, struggles with large areas of water.

I Wanna Be The Guy

U-S-A! U-S-A! U-S-A!
They're gonna be really bummed out when they come back a week later and can't get a refund

Why do you have to be so mean?

Seriously though they seemed pretty wowed when I talked about remote play and if nothing else I think they'll be satisfied with just portable Minecraft. Just to clarify, the person I'm talking about that I sold a Vita to only came in for the PS4 version of Minecraft. They came in for Minecraft PS4 and I got them to buy a Vita instead, even though apparantly they didn't know what a Vita was before I told them.

Top Bottom