• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PlayStation Network Thread (Vita/PS4/PS3) | December 2014

Khronico

Eh just get it, PS1 and PSP games are so rarely on sale anyway. Was that a price error? I can't find it anymore. I guess I shoulda checked out

Price error.

Yeah your right, I should get it, considering I do REALLY want to play it. Will grab Suikoden 1 along with it.

Hopefully the next few weeks have ps1/psp games on sale, I've been eyeing a bunch ever since I got a vita.

Edit: Do what I'm going to do and get Suikoden 1&2.

yaffi

Oh right, there's a demo for Conception. And it even let's you transfer your save data when/if you buy the full game. Neat.

Tizoc

Price error.

Yeah your right, I should get it, considering I do REALLY want to play it. Will grab Suikoden 1 along with it.

Hopefully the next few weeks have ps1/psp games on sale, I've been eyeing a bunch ever since I got a vita.

The one PSP game I want on sale is Neo Geo Ultimate Shooting, dat OST
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OQoEsuoZTjM&list=PLJIVaVKpShkl2-VCLgFr9bWie5GCGhx6B&index=6
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HcQ6piQB8UM&list=PLJIVaVKpShkl2-VCLgFr9bWie5GCGhx6B&index=7
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=imquTbmDnVs&list=PLJIVaVKpShkl2-VCLgFr9bWie5GCGhx6B&index=15

jvm

Gamasutra.
Does the new Lara Croft game support Share Play? Would be ideal way to enjoy with friend over network...

Thezez

Banned
Picked up a Vita 2000 today (yougotavita.jif) and I just realised that I needed to 'purchase' both the PS4 and Vita version of Binding of Issac when it was on Plus. Feels bad. Guess I can use Remote Play in the meantime.

Since I picked up Suikoden 2 for 6$ and I still had 9$, I went ahead and picked up the first one as well. Apparently the game isn't that long, and plus the more world building, the better in my opinion. I'll be tackling both games during the winter break.

Since I picked up Suikoden 2 for 6$ and I still had 9$, I went ahead and picked up the first one as well. Apparently the game isn't that long, and plus the more world building, the better in my opinion. I'll be tackling both games during the winter break.

You won't be disappointment.

Wait so is it the general opinion that you should play Suikoden 1 and then 2? Cause I heard that the one to absolutely play is Suikoden 2. I'll probably pick up both next week though after I'm done crashing boats into elephants in Far Cry 4.

You won't be disappointment.

Cannot wait. Loving how everyone says this is just like Game of Thrones.

Wait so is it the general opinion that you should play Suikoden 1 and then 2? Cause I heard that the one to absolutely play is Suikoden 2. I'll probably pick up both next week though after I'm done crashing boats into elephants in Far Cry 4.

This article on Kotaku plus users on GAF (which I trust more tbh lol) won me over. I mean, what else could I buy for 9$ these days, I pretty much played everything already.

Sort of a plus is also that the first game isn't that long, 15-20hrs, so I guess you could kind of think of the two put together as one big experience aha,

Names gave you a pretty good answer, but generally yes, you want to play the first suikoden before the second. It adds to the world a lot, and it's a good game on its own.
Cannot wait. Loving how everyone says this is just like Game of Thrones.

This article on Kotaku plus users on GAF (which I trust more tbh lol) won me over. I mean, what else could I buy for 9$ these days, I pretty much played everything already.

Sort of a plus is also that the first game isn't that long, 15-20hrs, so I guess you could kind of think of the two put together as one big experience aha,

Game of Thrones is a very apt comparison. Same sort of "No good vs evil, just varying degrees of each in everyone" theme that GoT has going on. Also the main villain could fit right in to Game of Thrones.

the mark

I've got a problem with the vita store (US PSN).
I wanted to Download Suikoden 2 and it should be up but it's not under New Releases where it should be....
Then I saw that when I click on Holiday Sales there are no sales found (but there should...).
When I click on "Your Instant Game Collection" there's only the option to buy PS+ (I'm ps+ Member) but not the games of december.
Has this occured to anybody else?

Khronico

Bought Suikoden 2. I kinda want to play Suikoden 1 first tho. All I have to do is transfer it from ps3 to my vita right? I'll get it right now if it's that easy.

Takao

Banned
2K will port their mobile companion apps (iFruit plus this) but not their mobile games. Well, okay ...

8QW0sJ4.jpg

Anyone play Flyhunter Origins? The trailers always make it look animation starved.

SerTapTap

Bought Suikoden 2. I kinda want to play Suikoden 1 first tho. All I have to do is transfer it from ps3 to my vita right? I'll get it right now if it's that easy.

Well I heard you were supposed to be able to download it direct to Vita as of the store update. I don't see it as an option on webstore yet. PS3 transfer should work though.

seems like there's a price mistake on Suikoden II
it's now $10 (instead of $6)

but bought anyway

Apparently $6 was the mistake and $10 is the intended price. Kinda lame but whatever, the higher-demand PS1 titles are usually $10 (final fantasies)

Names gave you a pretty good answer, but generally yes, you want to play the first suikoden before the second. It adds to the world a lot, and it's a good game on its own.

Game of Thrones is a very apt comparison. Same sort of "No good vs evil, just varying degrees of each in everyone" theme that GoT has going on. Also the main villain could fit right in to Game of Thrones.

Eh getting me all pumped. I still have Persona Q on my 3DS, and Destiny consuming my life, but I will play this for sure. I can see both being one of those games that I start and won't be able to put down until I'm finished.

VitaGAF, am I a Trust Worthy member?

Sure thing Flandy. VitaGaf is best Gaf, you belong here.

I had to do the same, yeah. Booted both up and I can confirm that just like NormalFish said, with Bilinear filtering off, the game's pixel art is gorgeous, and very sharp/vibrant. Also helps that the game still looks great when customized to fit the Vita's screen. I was actually impressed, if you had told me that this is a native Vita indie RPG or something, I would of believed it.

D

Deleted member 125677

Unconfirmed Member
Suikoden is already on PSN (EU) and available on vita right?

autoduelist

Blue Estate is a pretty cool game if you ever tried the accelerometer-based input method on the PS4 virtual keyboard and thought "man, that could work well as a rail shooter".

Agreed-- the demo for Blue Estate was surprisingly wonderful. Definitely buying. Can't believe they pulled off a rail shooter with just the DS4, but they did.

the mark

At the webstore (US PSN) I can't put anything in my cart that was added to the Store today ("there was an error encountered when adding an item to your cart").
On Vita nothing added today shows up.
Anybody else got that problem? :-/

inthemyst

Neo Member
I was able to download Suikoden I & II directly from my vita. Not sure what changed recently, but I bought it using the web store, and went to the download list on my Vita and it was listed there.

Cant wait to play it now!

Shizuka

The Vita storefront is a mess right now. No new games added, games from last week's sale listed and no games listed for Week 2.

Takao

Banned
The Vita storefront is a mess right now. No new games added, games from last week's sale listed and no games listed for Week 2.

It's not like that on my store. I see all the new releases as well as deals for the holiday sale. That said, for some reason the search bar doesn't bring up any results when you type in this week's releases. I know that because I was looking for the first Suikoden (I got 0 results in general), which is now downloadable on NA Vitas through the DL list:

7Af9z43.jpg

graywolf323

so Suikoden II is $9.99? I grabbed it before work when it first went live and was showing $5.99

guess that was a short lived price error

Chopper

I'm about to start Danganronpa for the first time. I intend to platinum it. What difficulty levels should i be choosing? What difference does it make?

I'm about to start Danganronpa for the first time. I intend to platinum it. What difficulty levels should i be choosing? What difference does it make?

If I remember correctly, the platinum is basically just playing through the game, and then doing the extra mode for way longer than any sane person would. Don't think difficulty matters.

Top Bottom