• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PlayStation Network Thread (Vita/PS4/PS3) | December 2014

SerTapTap

Yeah edited my earlier post. Playing on PS4, I've done the first stage and it dropped a single frame during the entire level. If the rest of the stages follow suit it qualifies for "locked".

Yes, I was counting.

Oddly the menus and stuff are 30 (or slower), which was kind of worrying until the level actually appeared. Makes a drastic improvement to the game, which I stopped playing on the 360 or PS3 (I forget which..)

Edit: it doesn't stick to 60 after all, struggles with large areas of water.

I was horrified that Shinovi Versus has like 15 FPS and terrible controls in it's "home base" sections (basically a menu), was so incredibly relieved when the gameplay started and it's smooth 30FPS and functional controls. I don't know why devs would do that, gave me a heart attack..

Sucks that it's not consistent. I think it had some hiccups on PC too and my PC should easily crunch it, probably just not the most optimized game.

Is this the first report of a promo code!?! Awesome. I hope I get one, though I'm guessing this first batch will be very limited as they test everything and make sure there are no glitches. Lucky you!
Seems this is only for UK and Spain PSN accounts for now. Which is a shame since I only have my UK account for the streaming apps (BBC) and not for buying games.

Mail text
Save 20% on games, expansion packs, add-ons and more
Like games? Like savings? Then redeem the voucher code below to get 20% off your total cart spend on PlayStation®Store. Save on full games like Far Cry 4, GTA V and Call of Duty®: Advanced Warfare or expand your games with add-ons like Destiny®: The Dark Below.

You’ll need to move fast to get these savings - you only have until the end of 14 December 2014 to redeem your voucher code.

No minimum spend, code can only be redeemed once. For full terms and conditions, please click here.

here are the terms for the discount deal
https://www.playstation.com/en-gb/legal/in-cart-discount/

Shizuka

2017 was supposed to have a physical release? Well, now I hate D3 :(.

8117405205_b4a4e1c5ca.jpg

Takao

Banned
If it wasn't for Marvel Puzzle Quest, I wouldn't know D3 US still existed. They sold off Vicious Cycle Software and lost(sold off?) their kid licenses.

Tapejara

If it wasn't for Marvel Puzzle Quest, I wouldn't know D3 US still existed. They sold off Vicious Cycle Software and lost(sold off?) their kid licenses.

Whoa, didn't know they sold Vicious Cycle. At least the studio wasn't shuttered, but it's a shame we won't see another EDF game from them; I quite enjoyed Insect Armageddon.

Kaybe

Unconfirmed Member
I think EDF2V2 will come, although it might be digital only. The original PS2 game was available in English, and if I recall right EDF2 Portable had some English localization hidden in the game data.
Can't be that costly and I think the game would no doubt recoup the costs. Believe!

I want that english physical EDF :( Got my JP phys copy to help me through the struggle, though. I really hope we get physical of the new one, but it does seem particularly unlikely.

ecurbj

I want that english physical EDF :( Got my JP phys copy to help me through the struggle, though. I really hope we get physical of the new one, but it does seem particularly unlikely.

How is it playing Japanese titles? I don't understand Japanese but I'm intrigued to playing them. Do you just play the games and ignore the japanese text or make out what is happening based off the cutscenes?

I hope my question is understandble with the point I'm trying make.

Tapejara

I think outside of NISA/IFI/Aksys/XSEED, the most we can expect from Vita relesaes is digital only, or a download code included in a physical box. The only time we're getting physical Namco games is if they're exclusive to a single retailer and KT doesn't release any physical Vita games anymore.

How is it playing Japanese titles? I don't understand Japanese but I'm intrigued to playing them. Do you just play the games and ignore the japanese text or make out what is happening based off the cutscenes?

I hope my question is understandble with the point I'm trying make.

It's not bad if you are somewhat familiar with the game, or with the way the game plays. Don't buy a text-heavy game in japanese, or a game with a lot of complicated explanations, and expect to play it without a hitch.

I actually don't mind EDF in japanese because--for the most part--the only thing that matters (that can't immediately be figured out) is the weapons. So basically I play weapon roulette and hope for something good.

I also played Pokemon Crystal in japanese and had a fine time of it, but only because I was so familiar. I plan to play a lot of japanese games to help my reading japanese improve once I start learning (any day now...)
Unrelated: I fucking suck at gambling in suikoden. Is there a trick to this shit lol?
Oh, I also have a japanese copy of PDF, which is perfectly acceptable for play. Menus can be a bit disorienting at times, but it's no biggy.

Shizuka

I think outside of NISA/IFI/Aksys/XSEED, the most we can expect from Vita relesaes is digital only, or a download code included in a physical box. The only time we're getting physical Namco games is if they're exclusive to a single retailer and KT doesn't release any physical Vita games anymore.

At least XSEED is back to getting physical prints for their games, not like a few years ago where they were going DD-only.

ecurbj

It's not bad if you are somewhat familiar with the game, or with the way the game plays. Don't buy a text-heavy game in japanese, or a game with a lot of complicated explanations, and expect to play it without a hitch.

I actually don't mind EDF in japanese because--for the most part--the only thing that matters (that can't immediately be figured out) is the weapons. So basically I play weapon roulette and hope for something good.

I also played Pokemon Crystal in japanese and had a fine time of it, but only because I was so familiar. I plan to play a lot of japanese games to help my reading japanese improve once I start learning (any day now...)
Unrelated: I fucking suck at gambling in suikoden. Is there a trick to this shit lol?

Ah. I see. So if your familar with the game's gameplay (?) then it can be a breeze to go through but if not then it's complicated?

Pokemon, I think I might have a hard time with but then again the point of it, is to constantly fight and battle your way to through all the gym leaders and catching Pokemon's.

Ah. I see. So if your familar with the game's gameplay (?) then it can be a breeze to go through but if not then it's complicated?

Pokemon, I think I might have a hard time with but then again the point of it, is to constantly fight and battle your way to through all the gym leaders and catching Pokemon's.

It's not so much the gameplay itself you need to be familiar with, but the more specific aspects of the game. For example, the gameplay itself in pokemon is fine for importers since you just need to "test" each move to figure out what it does, and since it uses arabic numerals, you can figure things out. What becomes an issue is when you have a game that tells you to complete a puzzle to progress, or a game where you need to talk to NPCs to figure things out. A good example would be the quizzes in Majora's Mask.

EDF is more like pokemon because the gameplay is pretty simple, and once you figure out the weapon categories, you have a good guess as to what weapons you have (i just haven't bothered to memorize them). A game like Persona or Ratchet and Clank might be more of an issue, though, because there are a lot of segments that require you to actually know what your specific objective is.

ecurbj

It's not so much the gameplay itself you need to be familiar with, but the more specific aspects of the game. For example, the gameplay itself in pokemon is fine for importers since you just need to "test" each move to figure out what it does, and since it uses arabic numerals, you can figure things out. What becomes an issue is when you have a game that tells you to complete a puzzle to progress, or a game where you need to talk to NPCs to figure things out. A good example would be the quizzes in Majora's Mask.

EDF is more like pokemon because the gameplay is pretty simple, and once you figure out the weapon categories, you have a good guess as to what weapons you have (i just haven't bothered to memorize them). A game like Persona or Ratchet and Clank might be more of an issue, though, because there are a lot of segments that require you to actually know what your specific objective is.

I understand now. Thanks, NormalFish. I've always had an itchy finger wanting to import Japanese Vita games. But I've held off.

I wish I knew Japanese :(

I understand now. Thanks, NormalFish. I've always had an itchy finger wanting to import Japanese Vita games. But I've held off.

I wish I knew Japanese :(

There are lots of resources for finding which games are import-friendly. Generally action games, shooters and shmups, and rhythm games are safe bets. Anything text heavy (RPGs, Visual Novels, Adventure) are harder. And some games you can play perfectly well, but you can't understand shit about the story. Old Dragon Quest games are this way.

ecurbj

There are lots of resources for finding which games are import-friendly. Generally action games, shooters and shmups, and rhythm games are safe bets. Anything text heavy (RPGs, Visual Novels, Adventure) are harder. And some games you can play perfectly well, but you can't understand shit about the story. Old Dragon Quest games are this way.
You mind steering me in the right direction with these sources? I plan on importing now :)

Thanks and NormalFish!

You mind steering me in the right direction with these sources? I plan on importing now :)

Thanks and NormalFish!

Kind of difficult to give you just a couple links. Google around and you'll find lots of discussion on this, though. There is a recommended games imgur link from vita general, but I can't find the most up-to-date version. It has recommendations. I'll find one of the dated ones and update this post.
Here's one from Oct. 2013. I think there's one from April 2014, but I can't find it.

daydream

Banned
Now think of all the minor mistranslations that never get identified as such but spark absurdly big, circular debates on message boards. Happens way more often than people are aware of.

Anyway, glad that NIS is ok.

So Guilty Gear Xrd Limited Edition was coming out on the 16th, same day as my birthday, but it's delayed until the week after. I fought so hard to get the time off from work too for it.

Probably gonna stay off GAF until then, really disappointed about it, borderline depressed. And many have been playing it since a week ago.

ecurbj

So Guilty Gear Xrd Limited Edition was coming out on the 16th, same day as my birthday, but it's delayed until the week after. I fought so hard to get the time off from work too for it.

Probably gonna stay off GAF until then, really disappointed about it, borderline depressed. And many have been playing it since a week ago.
All because key components in the limited edition were held up due to strikes at Port of Los Angeles and Port of Long Beach.

*sighs*

Zoe

Anybody ever get error E-2000102? The website says:

Code:
E-82000102	Issue adding funds to a sub account	Sub accounts do not have a wallet. Please add your funds from the Master Account linked to the sub account.

But I'm not using a sub account. This is my Japanese account, and I'm trying to download Joysound.TV.

I'm hoping it's just because it hasn't been fully activated yet. I had to find it through search.

incpdo

Now think of all the minor mistranslations that never get identified as such but spark absurdly big, circular debates on message boards. Happens way more often than people are aware of.

Anyway, glad that NIS is ok.

Yes , Nis is one of those companies that has to be alive , forever if possible.

Xion385

Has anyone received their $15 voucher for spending $100 yet?

How long does it usually take to receive them during these promos?

Flunkie

Banned
if I buy the season pass for game of thrones at $25, so I still have to buy the first episode? season pass is listed as add on content for the first episode so I assume I have to spend $30 for it all? there's no discount at $30 like it claims...

I need recommendations guys. My girlfriend likes to play videogames and only console i have is PS3. She is just learning how to use a controller properly so she is not very good with every type of game. So far she liked the Puppeteer and Little Big Planet 3. Also Sega All Stars Racing. Any recommendations (could be single player or multiplayer) for me so i can get those to play with her?

Also i remember that Tomb Raider Guardian of Light or whatever it is being a good coop game. (Never played it personally). Is it worth a shot?

swnny

Ok, what exactly is the sitiation with the MOBA like game on the Vita - Invokers Tournament?
It was released last week on 4th, now 7 days (a week) later, the game is still unplayble, because of some identification error?
I mean, seriously? Since when does releasing broken games and not fixing them for wekes is considired acceptible?
Same thing with Driveclub (at least there the singleplayer was playble), even though I don't have a PS4 (yet), it makes me mad seeing how devs are getting away with such bullshit launches.

Yes, its a small Free-to-Play game, but we are talking about principles here. And from my understanding the PS4 version works perfectly, so it makes it a vita-specific problem and taking them so long to fix it only shows how much Sony cares about the platform. Which ignites my rage even moar! :eek:

I need recommendations guys. My girlfriend likes to play videogames and only console i have is PS3. She is just learning how to use a controller properly so she is not very good with every type of game. So far she liked the Puppeteer and Little Big Planet 3. Also Sega All Stars Racing. Any recommendations (could be single player or multiplayer) for me so i can get those to play with her?

Also i remember that Tomb Raider Guardian of Light or whatever it is being a good coop game. (Never played it personally). Is it worth a shot?

I introduced my girlfriend to gameing with Ratchet and Clank All 4 One - its a great game all by itself, but what makes it perfect is the great coop expierence and easy controls (dynamic camera, auto lock/aim etc). She loved it and we played trough it twice back to back.
Lara Croft and the Guardian of Light and the newly released Lara Croft and the Temple of Osiris are great coop games as well.
Rayman Origins and Rayman Legends are good and fun too.

For single player you can present her with Brothers: Tales of Two Sons ( i think it was free on PLUS), ICO (which can be played in coop after the first playtrough)

Top Bottom