• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PlayStation Network Thread (Vita/PS4/PS3) | December 2014

Omerta

It's funny, I'm a ps4 owner with access to every newly released game and the means to buy them but the game I'm most looking forward to playing in 2015 is 2011's Bastion on the Vita!

Christian

It's funny, I'm a ps4 owner with access to every newly released game and the means to buy them but the game I'm most looking forward to playing in 2015 is 2011's Bastion on the Vita!

Thumbs up, do like. I requested Bastion for Vita. Have much very hype.

Dracil

Is Joysound actually out on the PS4? The PSN store on my PC only shows it for PS3, and my PS4 is at my girlfriend's place so I can't check.

I *can* confirm however that it's working fully on my US PS3.

Being able to queue up songs from a browser is like the most awesome feature.

Zoe

OMG... Joysound does not appear to be region blocked! And both the PS3 and PS4 versions run soooo much better than the Vita version.

Think I'll buy a ticket over the weekend and do a write-up. Only dilemma is there's a PS3-only 100 day special whereas the PS4 version is clearly superior...

Edit: what are the odds :lol

autoduelist

There's no complex sequential input in Muramasa or Dragon's crown, I don't know why you'd mash...

All 2D brawlers (on a purely input/muscle memory level) play similarly, regardless of if they actually have propr sequential inputs. It's the way brawlers play. And it makes some people mash. All there really is to it.

Yeah, I can't really explain it. It just happens, and I recognize it, and I don't like the feeling. It doesn't help that in DC with some recruits and enemies on the screen I had no idea what was happening half the time, so whappity whappity. It doesn't happen to me in any other genre bar fighting games, which are, I suppose, also 2d brawlers.

Omerta

Ditto. Bastion and Banner Saga are my most anticipated games atm, and they're both dated .-.

I just looked into Banner Saga... Add it to the list!

I don't mind late ports of pc games at all - I do all of my gaming on consoles. I'm catching up on games that I missed the first time around.

I just looked into Banner Saga... Add it to the list!

I don't mind late ports of pc games at all - I do all of my gaming on consoles. I'm catching up on games that I missed the first time around.

Yup. Tbh, I don't really enjoy playing games that aren't RTS/MOBAs/FPS on my PC, so this pattern of porting indies to Vita is only a positive for me.

Takao

Banned
Is that good?

SCEA dropped the price like a month later, so I'm assuming not. Poor communication regarding software compatibility, an even worse job presenting what this thing is, an absolutely abysmal media app repertoire and 0 marketing support make its flop completely unsurprising.

The worst part is that stupid PSTV compatible tag that'll be on every remaining physical Vita game.

Shizuka

SCEA dropped the price like a month later, so I'm assuming not. Poor communication regarding software compatibility, an even worse job presenting what this thing is, an absolutely abysmal media app repertoire and 0 marketing support make its flop completely unsurprising.

The worst part is that stupid PSTV compatible tag that'll be on every remaining physical Vita game.

I like it, I think it's cute. I'll get my PSTV sometime next year, along with a New 3DS XL and PS4.

39k is about what they should have expected from a device without a consumer base. Still don't understand who they wanted to market that thing to. I think Vita's November and December NPD numbers should be pretty good based on how many people seem to be getting vitas atm.

SerTapTap

you bought a second or technically third PS Vita
B4nygN9CEAEbiF2.jpg:large

Feels better in the hand than I thought, which is good. Got a screen protector on it already.

Producer

no info about vita games?

kinda want to see how project diva f 2nd did for both platforms, and perhaps freedom wars and shinovi versus as well....

SerTapTap

no info about vita games?

kinda want to see how project diva f 2nd did for both platforms, and perhaps freedom wars and shinovi versus as well....

Don't think Xseed ever releases direct sales info but they seemed happy with Versus. I would hope it sold better than Burst, it's absolutely the better product

Man God

Non-Canon Member
2000 is so so much better. I honestly never fell in love with Dat OLED.

Plus I sold my 3G for a profit (got it for 100 bucks on craiglist, sold it for 230 something) and eventually got a Borderlands bundle instead.

Man that's a shitty port. Also makes the 8GB card that comes with it practically useless for anything else. I've already filled up a 16 though with mostly FF games and other PS1 classics. Kinda miffed I missed the 32GB sale. 32 is about right for my current and potential library on the thing.

kevin1025

Banned
How is Entwined? For $4.99 I'm intrigued to try it out.

Also, Tales of Hearts R has been out since November 11th?! What the heck! Did I miss out on it or was it the most stealth release of the year?

Omerta

This game will be so good. Regardless of in which platform releases at the end. Im pretty sure the best way to go is multiplat
Borderlands 2 a shitty port? I dont think so. My more than 15 hs of gameplay are talking. Now jak and daxter collection is a shitty port.

I've got 30 hours on borderlands 2. The media reaction to that port baffles me...

It's crashed on me three times in that time. That's three times I've had to reload a computer game.

"Reload a computer game"

Hardly the end of the world is it?

Also the framerate... Well, it takes a hit early on in the game and the sanctuary is a let down but I've been pretty impressed with how well the game holds up everywhere else. After reading reports before I bought it, I was convinced that this'd be a waste of money.

This physically hurt.

But other than that, they know which Bamco game we want the most. I hope they deliver.

Don't worry, We Asian bros usually get the physical carts version priced at around 60$ so importing might still be an option.

Bandai Namco, Where's my Gundam Breaker, Digimon and God
s
Eater 2?

Omerta

The Vita version is a tire fire in comparison.

It's baffling that you expect one of the biggest games of the last generation - with most of the dlc - to "compare" to a handheld version.

Temper your expectations. I played 30 hours of borderlands in situations that I normally wouldn't be able to... i.e. Nowhere near a TV.

Man God

Non-Canon Member
I put five hours into it to make sure it wasn't just the first zone that sucked. Nope. Framerate only gets worse as the game becomes more complicated and the concessions made to keep it up to even that shitty level, i.e. less monsters everywhere made the game seem too damn easy.

Also I could never find the controls that worked just right. Sure, you almost never need to duck or cycle weapons, so you could throw those two on the worthless back touchscreen but even then it just never felt right. Actually I can't remember a single time you need to duck ever in BL2 and can only think of it being useful twice in BL1.

Omerta

Clearly, I disagree... With pretty much everything you say - except the number of enemies, there's definitely less on the vita version.

Man God just has some very rigid and strong opinions. No need to argue about it. Borderlands is the perfect example of trading fidelity for portability. Not much else to it.

SerTapTap

Is FF Type Zero supposed to be good? Liking the sounds of that collector's edition but don't actually know much about the game. Really annoyed SE continues to charge SHIPPING for fucking $100 collector's editions BTW. Also I got literally no shipping confirmation of my KH2.5 HD collector's edition, it was just at my door slightly before street date. Okay, thanks?

The Vita 2000's screen isn't as bad as I feared, though annoyingly it's colors are still way out of wack compared to any TV/monitor I have for remoteplay.

How is Entwined? For $4.99 I'm intrigued to try it out.

Also, Tales of Hearts R has been out since November 11th?! What the heck! Did I miss out on it or was it the most stealth release of the year?

Entwined is beautiful, a bit hard to play perfectly, and fairly brief. IMO it's worth the $5 just to see all the pretty sights.

Man God

Non-Canon Member
Man God just has some very rigid and strong opinions. No need to argue about it. Borderlands is the perfect example of trading fidelity for portability. Not much else to it.

Getting it for free and being a bit burnt out on the series in general also allows for me to be a bit harsher than normal on this one. Plus it's a huge investment size wise on the card, especially when I only had the 8 GB one.

I do think that the framerate drops unacceptably low during many action sequences. I'm not expecting the PC version here, nor even the 360 or PS3 version.

They could have done a better tradeoff visually to keep the game running smooth. It's not a particularly good looking game to begin with so if they were able somehow to lower the map size/reduce lighting/textures more and got a better performing game out of it I would have been happier. Considering they already lowered the enemies per encounter shrinking the zone sizes also probably would have been in their interest to tailor the game to the console better. But no, they tried for a full on experience and messed it up.

I know well as a primarily portable gamer for the last 15 years the sacrifices made for portability and didn't find this one to be up to snuff.

Omerta

...Borderlands is the perfect example of trading fidelity for portability...

This, I agree with.

Personally, I was happy to make that concession and others were not.

I do feel that for those who were not so willing to let go of some bells and whistles, the borderlands port became another stick with which the vita could take another bashing... Needlessly so.

Getting it for free and being a bit burnt out on the series in general also allows for me to be a bit harsher than normal on this one. Plus it's a huge investment size wise on the card, especially when I only had the 8 GB one.

I do think that the framerate drops unacceptably low during many action sequences. I'm not expecting the PC version here, nor even the 360 or PS3 version.

They could have done a better tradeoff visually to keep the game running smooth. It's not a particularly good looking game to begin with so if they were able somehow to lower the map size/reduce lighting/textures more and got a better performing game out of it I would have been happier. Considering they already lowered the enemies per encounter shrinking the zone sizes also probably would have been in their interest to tailor the game to the console better. But no, they tried for a full on experience and messed it up.

I know well as a primarily portable gamer for the last 15 years the sacrifices made for portability and didn't find this one to be up to snuff.
Sorry, I didn't mean to sound as if I was dismissing your opinion, if that's what you think. My comment was more aimed at trying to diminish any hard feelings on others' parts, since you come on a bit strong. I think you're on target frequently, but it's sometimes easy to get defensive due to how you present your opinions.

As for this particular instance, I think it's pretty much on the fence, hence the divisiveness. pretty dependent on how the individual player weighs different things (framerate, portable borderlands, graphical fidelity, etc.).

Man God

Non-Canon Member
I could see why it might be nice if someone was invested in the PS3 version of BL2 for those aspects, but as someone who had all his saves on a 360 (not even one that I owned!) it was useless.

I'm so glad that a lot of the newer cross platform stuff from third parties these days are starting to allow save migration via their own web portals. Not that we're likely to ever have many experiences like this again.

anyone know if there's a clean version of this:

not a bag, but just the image of santa toro
Google gave me absolutely nothing. That image is pretty clean though, might be able to crop it to decent effect.
I could see why it might be nice if someone was invested in the PS3 version of BL2 for those aspects, but as someone who had all his saves on a 360 (not even one that I owned!) it was useless.

I'm so glad that a lot of the newer cross platform stuff from third parties these days are starting to allow save migration via their own web portals. Not that we're likely to ever have many experiences like this again.

I definitely agree. The sooner cross-platform saving becomes standard, the better. Even if not for instances like this, the ability to go from Console to PC or whatever combination is invaluable.

Top Bottom