• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PlayStation Network Thread (Vita/PS4/PS3) | December 2014

2+2=5

The Amiga Brotherhood
On what basis you make this crazy assumption?? I grew up on Asterix et Obelix and old eastern and central european cartoons. So don't jump to conclusions there, please.

And I don't think Tin Tin was badly drawn, not at all, in fact.
They are efficient, expressive and really funny.

GR, and that was my point for a while that unnecessarily has been drawn out, is that technically I think the comic looks crap. There you go. Whatever the style they aimed for, it just looks poor to me, and just because they were going for a European comic book style, doesn't make it successful. To me anyways

I agree that aiming to European style doesn't automatically mean successful or good, but imo it's not badly drawn, its uniqueness is probably its greatest quality that makes it "better" than many other "better" drawn but more generic comic styles and imo it fits the game perfectly.

RK128

Hello everyone :D! This year has been a great year for me with VitaGaf; you guys helped me a lot with getting games for my Vita and that lead me to playing three games I never thought I would enjoy and love so much. Persona 4 Golden, Persona 3 Portable and Sword Art Online Hallow Fragment had to be the most time I have ever put into my Vita since I got my system in 2013 :').

Not to mention being part of major events here; that famous 'glitch' which let US PSN users finally put the Crash/Spryo games on our Vita's, me spreading the word on the GoW Collection cross buy 'glitch', hyping up the release of the Ratchet Collection and Sword Art Online, being part of the converstation during E3, GamesCom, Toko Game Show and more :').

It was wonderful being part of the gaming community and I am grateful to be part of one of the best communities of the net :D. I am sorry that I didn't post here for the past month or two; nothing these past two months have interested me enough to talk alot about them (I'm sure Freedom Wars and Tales of Heart R are solid games :D....I just never got them yet :l).

Looking forward to the new year with Vita Gaf and hope the Vita gets an even better year :D!

I have a question though, what PS1/PSP classics are good buys? I have 12 dollars left on my account and I would like to spend it on some Vita games. I own a lot of the platforming PS1 games (Crash series, Spryo series, Klona, Rayman 1 and 2) and a few RPG's (Legend of Dragoon, FFVII and FFIX, Wild Arms 1 and 2, Crono Trigger and Crono Cross) so any suggestions would be nice :).

Thank you for the great year guys and I hope you all have an awesome new year :D!

I have a question though, what PS1/PSP classics are good buys? I have 12 dollars left on my account and I would like to spend it on some Vita games. I own a lot of the platforming PS1 games (Crash series, Spryo series, Klona, Rayman 1 and 2) and a few RPG's (Legend of Dragoon, FFVII and FFIX, Wild Arms 1 and 2, Crono Trigger and Crono Cross) so any suggestions would be nice :).

I just started replaying Breath of Fire 4 on my Vita recently and it's still one of the best JRPGs I have ever played. Unconventional setting (Asia/Oriental), great characters, nice battle system. Beautiful artstyle and music.

It's not very grindy either since overworld encounters are mostly optional and the encounter rate in dungeons isn't too high.
It seems very underappreciated and not mentioned often enough. $6 for it is a steal.

uhGSoiY.png

And then spend the other $6 on Grandia :D

RK128

I just started replaying Breath of Fire 4 on my Vita recently and it's still one of the best JRPGs I have ever played. Unconventional setting (Asia/Oriental), great characters, nice battle system. Beautiful artstyle and music.

It's not very grindy either since overworld encounters are mostly optional and the encounter rate in dungeons isn't too high.
It seems very underappreciated and not mentioned ofteh enough. $6 for it is a steal.

And then spend the other $6 on Grandia :D EDIT: Eh maybe Grandia is $9.99 :/

That is a great idea YianGaruga :D.....But I have a NA PSN account :l, so I can't play that sadly :(.

I will look into Grandia though; heard good things about it.

I've finally finished Tales of Hearts R, which means after I write the review I never have to play it or see it again. Super looking forward to that! :p

I've finally finished Tales of Hearts R, which means after I write the review I never have to play it or see it again. Super looking forward to that! :p
Thank you for reminding me why I didn't buy this game lol...
Welp, time to give it a shot them XD! Thank you for the advice :); must have gotten it confused with BoFIII then :D.

I haven't beaten it, but I've played BoFIV on my vita. It's pretty great! Some of the art distorts a bit due to the 2D sprites with 3D world graphics, but other than that I've had nothing to complain about. The enemy animations are smooth and great.

2+2=5

The Amiga Brotherhood
I hope that tomorrow/today developers will greet the new year with some Vita announcement or localization! :D

Producer

I'm sure there's people who will love it, but it's really not for me and I can say that with gusto after putting a forever-esque 60 hours into it. It just feels horribly dated and like the mechanics and way the game is set up is all backwards.

dont know why they had to change up the battle system and other mechanics. A straight enhanced port of the original would have been perfect.

RK128

Thank you for reminding me why I didn't buy this game lol...

I haven't beaten it, but I've played BoFIV on my vita. It's pretty great! Some of the art distorts a bit due to the 2D sprites with 3D world graphics, but other than that I've had nothing to complain about. The enemy animations are smooth and great.

Surprised at how small the download was (only 200MB) XD! It should be fun to play it :).

VLiberty

Try to look at the name of the image it says the title of the comic and the date(October 2011) ;)
EDIT:
ok i'm not sure it's so new, but there are many new comics that look like that or even "worse".
You have all the rights to not like GR art, but i can't help thinking that you are too used to american superhero comics and mangas, there's a lot more than those.

One of my favorite Italian comics ever, Sturmtruppen, looks like this:
image_preview

Does it look ugly? Maybe, but the style emphasize the ridiculousness of the characters.

This is the main character of Zerocalcare, a successful Italian comic born on the web
zerocalcare-mini.jpg

I haven't deleted it from the memory so when i'll have nothing to play(lol) i'll play it, but probably without saving humans >:)

I was already surprised to read about Sturmtruppen on Gaf, let alone Sturmtruppen and Zerocalcare in the same post. Daje!

Even though I haven't read a lot of Sturmtruppen; thanks for reminding me I have to recoup

Tizoc

Thank you for the great year guys and I hope you all have an awesome new year :D!

Tricky question since most of my recommended PSP games are $10 :V
Eh go get Red Star, that one should be $10, great beat'em-up+shmup hybrid.

EDIT: Actually get Strider 2, BoF 4, Megaman X4, Capcom Classics Collection, Metal Slug X, Metal Slug 1 PSP and SEGA Genesis collection. The classics games are PS3 transf. btw.

RK128

Tricky question since most of my recommended PSP games are $10 :V
Eh go get Red Star, that one should be $10, great beat'em-up+shmup hybrid.

Just got BoF4, so I only have 7 bucks left in my account :l. I will keep an eye on Red Star though; it sounds fun :D.

Tizoc

Just got BoF4, so I only have 7 bucks left in my account :l. I will keep an eye on Red Star though; it sounds fun :D.

I edited my post so consider those other games. My friend loves playing Metal Slug X on my Vita during breaks at work.

Shun

I really enjoyed the DS version and it's sad to hear that Tales of Heart R has a mixed reception. I may or may not pick it up later.

I picked up Tales of Innocence R yesterday and man I really like it. It's a fresh improvement from the DS iteration in my opinion with the improved battle mechanics, visuals, characters, etc. It's sort of like Vesperia PS3 but with a bit of stuff.

I'm looking forward to finishing it since it's been like 6-7 years since I'm played Innocence.

RK128

I edited my post so consider those other games. My friend loves playing Metal Slug X on my Vita during breaks at work.

Got that thanks to PS+, own Strider 2 and Mega Man X4 and also got the Genesis Collection a while back.

Thank you for the suggestions though :D. Happy new year :).

batrush

If you don't have a Castlevania title (I recommend Dracula X or SotN), you should check one out sometime. They're great with the Vita's face buttons. Reminds me of the GBA Castlevania days.

autoduelist

so is it okay to use the vita while charging? dont really know anything about batteries and such lol

I didn't see anyone answer you... so yes, it's fine. I do it all the time.

Also note that if you do let your battery die while playing, you will need to charge it for a few minutes before it lets you turn it on (though you will still have suspend/resume working!).

Got a $20 gift card I can't add to my account, is there like a legal reason they don't go over $150 in credit?

Nobody knows exactly why, just guesses --
1) basic low level fraud protection
2) may be some issues with allowing you to store too much in a wallet that brings bank regulations into effect that they don't want to deal with
3) 150 is high enough for 99.9% of users
4) etc.

Saving humans increases your survivability significantly. I would strongly urge you to "git good" as it's the only way the game plays right. It's a little bysantine at first, but just know to keep multipliers up, pick up humans ASAP, kill green enemies ASAP, don't kill out of order enemies (I think one is green and the rest are red or something?), that's about it.

All this. Resogun is not 'fly around and survive' but rather, always be keeping that combo, knowing where/how to attack each spawning group, identifying the best time to use your specials, etc. For high scores, even knowing when/where to go for survivors is important. Keep that multiplier going!

Fantastic game, though I haven't tried the vita version yet (plat'd the ps4).

Fantastic game, though I haven't tried the vita version yet (plat'd the ps4).

The thing I didn't like about Resogun's Vita version is that the bomb is on the circle button. Right shoulder button is the super blast shot. I really think this should be reversed. The X button is throw human which is the most useless button.

RK128

If you don't have a Castlevania title (I recommend Dracula X or SotN), you should check one out sometime. They're great with the Vita's face buttons. Reminds me of the GBA Castlevania days.

Thank you for the suggestions but I own both of those already :). Got SotN from a Konami sale and Dracula X from the Halloween Sale. Both are awesome games :D.

Producer

I didn't see anyone answer you... so yes, it's fine. I do it all the time.

Also note that if you do let your battery die while playing, you will need to charge it for a few minutes before it lets you turn it on (though you will still have suspend/resume working!).

ha thanks for the reply man, i'll keep that in mind for later. Yesterday i just ended up charging it and left it alone.

ha thanks for the reply man, i'll keep that in mind for later. Yesterday i just ended up charging it and left it alone.

The way the battery works is when you are charging it, you are actually playing through the electricity current rather than the battery itself. I do it all the time too, and I've had my Vita since launch. I can't really tell you exact numbers but the amount of life time that I have with it hasn't changed much since then.

It seems very underappreciated and not mentioned often enough. $6 for it is a steal.

And then spend the other $6 on Grandia :D

BOF4 is so beautiful. RIP Capcom.

The way the battery works is when you are charging it, you are actually playing through the electricity current rather than the battery itself. I do it all the time too, and I've had my Vita since launch. I can't really tell you exact numbers but the amount of life time that I have with it hasn't changed much since then.

Yeah you should do this if ever possible. Every time you recharge your recharchable battery it isn't going to last as long as it did before. My Vita still lasts a long time but it isn't as much as when I got it 2 years ago it seems.

Tizoc

Happy new year ya'all.

Thank you for the suggestions but I own both of those already :). Got SotN from a Konami sale and Dracula X from the Halloween Sale. Both are awesome games :D.

Oh yeah!
Castlevania Chronicles is PS3 transf.
Looks great and you gotta have it on your Vita if you have Dracula X Chronicles.

Producer

i never knew that, thanks for this info. Kind of want a 2000 for the slightly increased battery life. But i am still very happy with my original model

autoduelist

I have the Sony brand battery pack, and it's amazing. IIRC it's about 8 hours extra charge in a small black box that packs well (in my headphone case, actually) and uses the vita charger.

For any travel, I keep that with me, and when it gets low just plug in the pack and keep going, between a fully charged vita and the pack, you can easily go on long flights.

The thing I didn't like about Resogun's Vita version is that the bomb is on the circle button. Right shoulder button is the super blast shot. I really think this should be reversed. The X button is throw human which is the most useless button.

While I agree 'throw human' is my most unused thing, I believe extremely high level players use it. I plat'd it solo and put up some very high scores, but I never used it because it threw off my game, so to speak.

SerTapTap

Resogun on PS3 is a bit better than Vita so I think I'll get my 30FPS platinum on here. Is it just me or is the audio mix jank as fuck though?

Finally was able to call Sony. Waited over 40 minutes to get a rep but once I got a rep I told him I want to get a refund. He asked no questions and processed my refund and should get it within 3-4 business days. Fuck yeah.

Oh, I opted out from auto renewal so I won't go through the same shit next year lol.

jvm

Gamasutra.
Finally was able to call Sony. Waited over 40 minutes to get a rep but once I got a rep I told him I want to get a refund. He asked no questions and processed my refund and should get it within 3-4 business days. Fuck yeah.

Oh, I opted out from auto renewal so I won't go through the same shit next year lol.
Awesome! So glad you got it fixed. And you're opted out now so they won't ding you again. :)

RK128

I decided to use my remaining PSN credit to get Alundra. Heard that its is one of the best 'Zelda clones' out there, so getting a Zelda-esc game on my Vita sounds awesome :D!

Wish everyone a wonderful new year and an even better year in 2015 :D! Anyone has there new years resolutions yet?

Mine are to get better grades, become less selfish and to be a better person :).

bobohoro

Starting the year by playing Hyperdimension Neptunia Re;birth 1 for the first time.

I'm 10 hours in and kinda like it.
Kinda.
Characters are good, battle system is interesting, everything else is pretty meh. Dungeons and overall progression are really iffy, kinda remind me of the original Atelier Rorona, only even worse.
Need to get some sleep.
See you all in the new thread tomorrow! Or today.

Armaly

I've been waiting for a PS1 classic sale for like 9 months. Almost tempted to pay full price for Herc's Adventures, Um Jammer Lammy, and Coolboarders. Hopefully January has a great sale.

Top Bottom