• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PlayStation Network Thread (Vita/PS4/PS3) | December 2014

No store update. :(

Oh well, back to playing Game of ThronesDragon Age Inquisition.

Not enough games released per month to justify separate GotMs and extra work for me.

Sooooo, the day I get a PS4, there's no update?

WTF?

Did I mention I have a PS4 now? I'm back, bitches.

To be fair, Atlus has the same sale every 2-3 weeks, Sony probably doesn't bother taking it out the deals section cause they know the games are going to be back on sale the week after lol.

Yeah, you're probably right. I'm just annoyed because I missed the first Danganronpa sale, and it kept listing it in deals for a week or two later. It was like the store was mocking me.

To be fair, Atlus has the same sale every 2-3 weeks, Sony probably doesn't bother taking it out the deals section cause they know the games are going to be back on sale the week after lol.

Hahaha, I was just going to post this. They happen so often Sony just figured it be easier to leave them up instead of constantly having to update it.

SerTapTap

I don't know if that's sarcasm or not, a lot of people don't seem pleased with it, but I thought it was a really fun game. I got the platinum and everything! Have fun with it!

Honestly Prototype 2 seems like the exact sort of not great not terrible AAA retail titles people were fawning over in "the good old days" so I'm a bit confused by the hate. Is it the Metascore? I thought it was supposed to be a decent, not quite as good as infamous sort of game.

Honestly Prototype 2 seems like the exact sort of not great not terrible AAA retail titles people were fawning over in "the good old days" so I'm a bit confused by the hate. Is it the Metascore? I thought it was supposed to be a decent, not quite as good as infamous sort of game.

Maybe it's because it's an older middle-of-the-road AAA title? I have no idea. People hate on PS+ regularly unless it gets them the exact titles that they want to play the most. But even then they'll hate on it because it doesn't meet their expectations.

PS+ can't win at this point.

jvm

Gamasutra.
get a tempered glass screen protector! it's good!

hmm is the Store Update out yet?
At this point I'm pretty sure that there won't be one. I recall that in previous years there was an Xmas/New Year's break when no updates happened.

Maybe it's because it's an older middle-of-the-road AAA title? I have no idea. People hate on PS+ regularly unless it gets them the exact titles that they want to play the most. But even then they'll hate on it because it doesn't meet their expectations.

PS+ can't win at this point.
It's worse than you have it. If it gives games that people haven't wanted already, then it is just a bunch of garbage that no one wants anyway. If it gives them games they wanted, then they already bought them and so the service is worthless.

You tried and you failed, Sony. The lesson is: Never try.

(With apologies to Homer Simpson.)

SerTapTap

It's worse than you have it. If it gives games that people haven't wanted already, then it is just a bunch of garbage that no one wants anyway. If it gives them games they wanted, then they already bought them and so the service is worthless.

You tried and you failed, Sony. The lesson is: Never try.

(With apologies to Homer Simpson.)

The sad thing is people actually do say they already have a game, admitting it has value, then bitch about that.

get a tempered glass screen protector! it's good!

hmm is the Store Update out yet?

It must be since they culled Scott Pilgrim. I dont' think there's any actual releases though

Toki767

Well crud. Superufo just e-mailed me saying they were sold out of the Light Blue/White Vita 2000. So my choices are to either get the all white model or see if they know when they'll get more of the Light Blue/White model in stock.

Well crud. Superufo just e-mailed me saying they were sold out of the Light Blue/White Vita 2000. So my choices are to either get the all white model or see if they know when they'll get more of the Light Blue/White model in stock.
Could try another site. When I was hunting for a black and blue vita it seemed that the prices were pretty uniform across the board. A site that charges in yen might be cheaper due to exchange rate.

Shun

Have fun with Nova, I'm having a blast. Wish I understood the story bits though.

Also what the benefits of installing home brew on a Vita? I always thought it was a thing for piracy.

Some of my UMDs, specifically some Square Enix ones, aren't on the PSN Store so I have to rip them so that I can play some of them to go.

I mean I already double dipped on Senjo no Valkyrie 3 and have done so with a lot of my PSP library, but some of them just aren't there.

That and there are homebrew apps that I enjoy such as the Super Famicom emulators and such so that I can play my copies of Fire Emblem to go. I love playing everything handheld and mobile.

More multimedia features and I'm really looking forward to native Vita homebrew to see what else I can do on the go.

Phantasy Star Nova's story and setting is pretty good. A much needed step up from Portable 2. I'm looking forward to more of the cameos from Sega.

If you don't mind paying a little more Amazon has them for 210 with Prime shipping. I got my MercuryDuo as a gift so I'm not too keen on the prices of Vita hardware.

Takao

Banned
Do you have a link to the original promo shot that the icon background was ripped from? I can get in contact with SCEA.

I can't find the specific image, but you can clearly tell it's based off of stuff like this: https://psm.playstation.net/static/general/all/assets/img/reg_top07.png

Honestly i don't think that the GR2 platform is a secret inside Sony, in any case no matter if they know it or not the question would sound strange without the "2", what would be the point of asking: "is Gravity Daze for Vita?"

If i go to the twitter link i don't see the question anymore, only the answer.

This is the Twitter feed that handles questions like "How do I turn on my [no attempt to indicate which] PlayStation?" on a daily basis. The operators have probably learned to never underestimate the potential oddities directed their way.

I don't mind comic book cut-scenes, but GR comic looked like it was outsourced to some newbie studio in the west that was told to make it look like it's Japanese. Reminds me kinda of the crappy western cartoons that try to look Japanese. It's a shame because the in-game world was so characterful and inspired, and the drawings just looked cheap and overall botched. As if the pencil art got screwed up when they tried to digitalise it or something.

This is better directed at the Gravity Rush art in PlayStation All-Stars:

Garraboa

FLuGMh7.jpg

I wasn't planning on getting SK, but who know if it'll become hard to come by later. I'll probably skip my Burst playthrough and jump straight to SV.

What's the retail price on Duke?

Like $9.99 or $19.99 I think. It's cross-buy and multiplayer cross-play between Vita and PS3, and I think the PS4 version is beign made too. It was one of my most anticipated Vita games of 2015, so beign a PS+ freebie is an excelent thing for me.

Ducktales and Prototype were games I wanted to give them a Try so, I'm happy with how we start 2015

Producer

I wasn't planning on getting SK, but who know if it'll become hard to come by later. I'll probably skip my Burst playthrough and jump straight to SV.

you should still play Burst. Shinovi Versus takes place after the events of Burst, and goes in thinking you already know the characters and events (even though it does have a very brief overview of what happened). It will make your SV playthrough better.

Man God

Non-Canon Member
you should still play Burst. Shinovi Versus takes place after the events of Burst, and goes in thinking you already know the characters and events (even though it does have a very brief overview of what happened). It will make your SV playthrough better.

Absolutely. No reason to not play Burst first unless you don't have a 3DS. If you own the game, play it first. Doing both modes to completion does not take long at all unless you want to 100% it.

Flandy

Western Plebs, Gravity Daze 2 Vita Exclusive + more Dissidia and Birth By Sleep Prequel with Eraqus. Who needs PS4 when you can reuse assets again and again.
If they really wanted to reuse assets then they would be 3DS games exclusives and not Vita releases.

I kind of like this thread the way it is though
even if 99% of the posters are dedicated VitaGAF members.
Yeah, the thread fulfills a nice niche as it is. I can't really see why people think calling it the vitagaf thread will change anything for the positive

Man God

Non-Canon Member
Fish has got a point though, you're gonna have a serious branding issue if you bring back the Vita flag with Criminal Girls coming out so soon afterwards. Not a good look.

fish pls

everybody knows change is bad
Vita is conservativeness
Fish has got a point though, you're gonna have a serious branding issue if you bring back the Vita flag with Criminal Girls coming out so soon afterwards. Not a good look.
Lol. In seriousness though, it doesn't seem likely that the thread will gain more following with the change, and it will certainly alienate a large percentage of potential posters. Seems unnecessary on a purely cost-benefit basis.

pariah164

Speaking of Game-Which-Must-Not-Be-Named, I finally put my reserve down for it. Not gonna be the LE, but at least I'm showing support.

Laughing Banana

Weeping Pickle
Is it sinful for me to purchase Last of Us Remastered and Second Son 2nd hand? :

Both of them are with "used code" terms too. What content I'd miss?

Top Bottom