• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PlayStation Network Thread (Vita/PS4/PS3) | December 2014

D

Deleted member 125677

Unconfirmed Member
Resogun clicked with me, easily one of the best games on the Vita!

Toki767

I still want to try the online co-op with someone. ;-;

I was looking for a partner the other day for the 1CC trophy, but I ended up doing it myself lol.

Resogun on the Vita is fantastic though. Every bit as playable as the PS4 version, even if it's only at 30fps.

2+2=5

The Amiga Brotherhood
I never said It should have looked like a typical Japanese anime sort of thing.

gravity-rush_084.jpg

It's just really awfully drawn.

It's more like "Japanese that tries to look western that tries to look Japanese" :,D

Akihiko Yoshida makes art work that could be mistaken for european fairy tales book from 18th century - art in GR is so painfully simplistic (and I don't think it was deliberate as much as the artist wasn't just skilful enough), when the world and architecture in game is so complex and layered and intricate. Anyways, it's just a side point. The in game art direction is glorious, but the drawings and awful writing seemed like a failed attempt on being quirky and charming. Didn't grab me personally.

I wish GR2 is more sandboxy - flying around the districts was a lot of fun.

Uhm, all I criticised was the actual quality of the drawing ;__; But yeah, I didn't really notice the inspiration because I felt the attempt at stylising it was just not appealing.
Well i guess this is even worse
1626046-tintin_le_secret_de_la_licorne_pour_octobre_2011_01.jpg

I played Resogun for a bit. Not sure I quite get it. In the sense that I'm not totally sure what I'm supposed to do, besides shooting/blowing up/dashing through stuff
I understand what you mean, the problem is that it doesn't really explain how to save humans, when there's the possibility to save a human the announcer says something about it, one icon starts flashing and a certain group of enemies has a sort of halo on them, those are the enemies you need to kill to save a human.
Honestly saving humans killed the game for me.

D

Deleted member 125677

Unconfirmed Member
I was looking for a partner the other day for the 1CC trophy, but I ended up doing it myself lol.

Resogun on the Vita is fantastic though. Every bit as playable as the PS4 version, even if it's only at 30fps.

I'm sure the PS4 Version is AMAZING, but I don't have a PS4 yet (and honestly Resogun is one of the few games I'd really like to play on it still. Dat Bloodborne though)

2+2=5

The Amiga Brotherhood
The asian versions of Chaos Rings 2 and Omega now have english texts, i wonder if this means anything for a western release, only CR3 is not in english.

maouvin

Been trying to rush AA:Dual Destinies to finally jump into Danganronpa 2 but damn, the third case took me a few days to go through. Might finish the game this week, at least.

And got to play the demo for PSNova. Good stuff. Also, character creation with three breast sliders must be the state of the art on this field.
Now, to try the Mahouka demo~

Hot damn this thread moves like molasses right now, unlike the old times :(

Thrown into community and with a bunch of the active people banned. And, well, people might be travelling for the holidays or something.
This month will certainly be our new low.

igor

Well i guess this is even worse

You are aware that this was a comic book from uhh *at least* 70s, mass printed in colour?
And it's compared to an artwork from 2013 that is 100% digital with no issues or costs of reproducing whatsoever?

Wow so it's the last day of the year, this one sure went by quickly. Since I don't know if I'll be in a proper state to post a comment here I want to wish you all fine folks a happy new year. To VitaGaf, let 2015 be the year that we let people acknowledge us. To PS3/PS4Gaf, don't be scared of posting here, don't let our discussions stop you from being active here since most of us actually own all consoles. Lastly, if you are seeing this, to those who unfortunately got banned happy new year to you as well, the thread is much quieter without you guys and we can't wait for you to come back and join us.

If I don't post again, see you all on the next thread!

deadfolk

Been trying to rush AA:Dual Destinies to finally jump into Danganronpa 2 but damn, the third case took me a few days to go through. Might finish the game this week, at least.

Spooky coincidence! I'm doing the same, but for DR1. And I'm also on the third AA case.

Redhood

Since its new year its time to impart wisdome to vitagaf members.

If you are still sad about type0 not coming to the vita buy Soul Sacrifice Delta. The game trumps Type-0 in combat, lore, story and world building.

The perfect sequel to SSD will be with explorable avalon like the magic academy and an overworld like type-o.

jvm

Gamasutra.
My PS+ auto renewed and was charged $50. Do Sony refund PS+ subscriptions?
Sometimes, but honestly you should have taken care of auto-renew ASAP after you started PS+.

Also, unless I'm mistaken I posted during 31 December 2014, asking for a new thread, at least in my timezone. So, I think I am on the right side of the line! :)

I understand what you mean, the problem is that it doesn't really explain how to save humans, when there's the possibility to save a human the announcer says something about it, one icon starts flashing and a certain group of enemies has a sort of halo on them, those are the enemies you need to kill to save a human.
Honestly saving humans killed the game for me.

The one complaint I have about Resogun is that sometimes you need certain conditions to even span the group of enemies to release a human. Some of them is that you need a certain multiplier or kill enemies in a certain order. There is more info here:

http://www.playstationtrophies.org/forum/resogun/217012-resogun-trophy-guide-road-map.html

Below you can see a list of the level and Keeper wave that the special kill order Keepers spawn in, as well as waves that require a certain multiplier:
Acis
7th (3x+ Multiplier)
9th (4x+ Multiplier)
Ceres
8th (Kill Order)
9th (4x+ Multiplier)
Decima
4th(Kill Order)
7th (Kill Order)
9th (3x+ Multiplier)
Febris
2nd (Kill Order)
9th (4x+ Multiplier)
Mefitis
7th (3x+ Multiplier),
8th (4x+ Multiplier)
Final human (Kill Order)

In my opinion it is more important for a high score to keep a multiplier up than saving humans but I can't help but try to save the humans anyway.

Unessessary Vita screenshot:
JT8mlO7.jpg

Last month's thread had fewer posts.

Yeah based on my Imugur stats for images posted here before being banished to Community I was getting 1000 -1200 views on an image. After Community exiled, it is about 500-600 or so. So I think the being Community downgraded has resulted in 50% less traffic.

Sometimes, but honestly you should have taken care of auto-renew ASAP after you started PS+.

Also, unless I'm mistaken I posted during 31 December 2014, asking for a new thread, at least in my timezone. So, I think I am on the right side of the line! :)

Yeah it was totally my bad. Thanks.

bobohoro

Oh hey, new year's starting all around the world, so I want to wish all of vitaGAF a happy new one, whenever you arrive in it.

Don't forget to post the link to the new thread here when it's done, or people (like me) will be hopelessly lost for a couple of days. ;)

VLiberty

The one complaint I have about Resogun is that sometimes you need certain conditions to even span the group of enemies to release a human. Some of them is that you need a certain multiplier or kill enemies in a certain order. There is more info here:

http://www.playstationtrophies.org/forum/resogun/217012-resogun-trophy-guide-road-map.html

In my opinion it is more important for a high score to keep a multiplier up than saving humans but I can't help but try to save the humans anyway.

JT8mlO7.jpg

That explains a lot of thing...

That explains a lot of thing...

Yeah if you think you missed it somewhere where the game explained it - you didn't. It wasn't full explained until the developers had to post what was going on. Still love the game and the Vita version is perfect. Resogun is more at home on Vita for short bursts of gaming. I actually think it is smoother on Vita as the PS4 version would often stutter. (Patched?)

Parakeetman

No one wants a throne you've been sitting on!
Y u no English :(

My guess would be NISA would have it. Seeing how they have Operation Abyss. But I can imagine it will be some time off. Would be interesting if they do pick it up / localize it before Babel to give a space between Abyss / Babel to prevent burnout. As the art style and gameplay is quite different in the sense with how Stranger is Vs. Xth series.

The whole jumping from Fantasy / Modern / Fantasy / Modern might work out well for them if they do decide to go that rotation. Keeping things fresh a bit instead of being stacked up on each other. By then too the next "fantasy" title in the list I would imagine will be Demon Gaze 2. As most def EXP will want to get that out before their other titles, with how much it sold. Id imagine once Babel is out of the way for most of the major production the team will shift full time to Demon Gaze 2. Poor Chikami-san has been busy working all through the holidays on Babel. Hopefully at least today hes gonna take the day off lol.

---

God Eater 2 Rage Burst OP.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=16TVwHBGvYg

Vid looks a lot better than the first GE2 intro, but dear god the Engrish song still fucking sucks. When you hear shit like this you know most def kickbacks are going on vs actual talent of the band. Nothing will beat the OP alan put out in the first game.

The song for those not familiar.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WCt3zwqfG14

2+2=5

The Amiga Brotherhood
You are aware that this was a comic book from uhh *at least* 70s, mass printed in colour?
And it's compared to an artwork from 2013 that is 100% digital with no issues or costs of reproducing whatsoever?

Try to look at the name of the image it says the title of the comic and the date(October 2011) ;)
EDIT:
ok i'm not sure it's so new, but there are many new comics that look like that or even "worse".
You have all the rights to not like GR art, but i can't help thinking that you are too used to american superhero comics and mangas, there's a lot more than those.

One of my favorite Italian comics ever, Sturmtruppen, looks like this:
image_preview

Does it look ugly? Maybe, but the style emphasize the ridiculousness of the characters.

This is the main character of Zerocalcare, a successful Italian comic born on the web
zerocalcare-mini.jpg

I haven't deleted it from the memory so when i'll have nothing to play(lol) i'll play it, but probably without saving humans >:)

SerTapTap

Realistically unless you drop a chain RIGHT when that human is about to be released, you should pretty much always be around 4-5x on higher difficulties, ideally over 10

Try to look at the name of the image it says the title of the comic and the date(October 2011) ;)
You have all the rights to not like GR art, but i can't help thinking that you are too used to american superhero comics and mangas, there's a lot more than those.

I haven't deleted it from the memory so when i'll have nothing to play(lol) i'll play it, but probably without saving humans >:)

Saving humans increases your survivability significantly. I would strongly urge you to "git good" as it's the only way the game plays right. It's a little bysantine at first, but just know to keep multipliers up, pick up humans ASAP, kill green enemies ASAP, don't kill out of order enemies (I think one is green and the rest are red or something?), that's about it.

You shouldn't have a problem if you act fast. The same thing happened to me last year and everything was taken care of in a matter of hours.

Let us know if you have any luck getting a refund. Also there are several threads on GAF from people doing what you're going to do (ask for a refund) and they may have some helpful tips.

I just tried to call but the pre-recorded voice said they are experiencing technical difficulties. Also happening in the live chat. :\

Redhood

As the end of #20V1T4 draws closer I do hope 2015 holds the same for the Vita. Here is to another amazing year as this one I Happy New Year VitaGAF!

Here is to another amazing #20V1TA'5year
Vita's year! I tired ;.;

Great way to end the year, inept PS Blog team! Their PS+ preview article, the main article on the blog, has been a dead link for hours.

I never said It should have looked like a typical Japanese anime sort of thing.

gravity-rush_084.jpg

It's just really awfully drawn.

It's more like "Japanese that tries to look western that tries to look Japanese" :,D

Akihiko Yoshida makes art work that could be mistaken for european fairy tales book from 18th century - art in GR is so painfully simplistic (and I don't think it was deliberate as much as the artist wasn't just skilful enough), when the world and architecture in game is so complex and layered and intricate. Anyways, it's just a side point. The in game art direction is glorious, but the drawings and awful writing seemed like a failed attempt on being quirky and charming. Didn't grab me personally.

I wish GR2 is more sandboxy - flying around the districts was a lot of fun.

Uhm, all I criticised was the actual quality of the drawing ;__; But yeah, I didn't really notice the inspiration because I felt the attempt at stylising it was just not appealing.

Just get out. Please. Get out. It is not awfully drawn. There are no technical issues, your OPINION disagrees with the stylistic choices, but that doesn't make it 'awful'.

My guess would be NISA would have it. Seeing how they have Operation Abyss. But I can imagine it will be some time off. Would be interesting if they do pick it up / localize it before Babel to give a space between Abyss / Babel to prevent burnout. As the art style and gameplay is quite different in the sense with how Stranger is Vs. Xth series.

The whole jumping from Fantasy / Modern / Fantasy / Modern might work out well for them if they do decide to go that rotation. Keeping things fresh a bit instead of being stacked up on each other. By then too the next "fantasy" title in the list I would imagine will be Demon Gaze 2. As most def EXP will want to get that out before their other titles, with how much it sold. Id imagine once Babel is out of the way for most of the major production the team will shift full time to Demon Gaze 2. Poor Chikami-san has been busy working all through the holidays on Babel. Hopefully at least today hes gonna take the day off lol.

---

Vid looks a lot better than the first GE2 intro, but dear god the Engrish song still fucking sucks. When you hear shit like this you know most def kickbacks are going on vs actual talent of the band. Nothing will beat the OP alan put out in the first game.

The song for those not familiar.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WCt3zwqfG14

That OP. Fucking. Epic. If there's something I can commend the God Eater series on, aside from gameplay and all, is how good their OPs are. The original's dubstep-y song that they used totally caught me off guard the first time I played it, and it was awesome. Although not as good as the original, this one is great too. Please Bamco. Pull the trigger, bring this beast over.

igor

On what basis you make this crazy assumption?? I grew up on Asterix et Obelix and old eastern and central european cartoons. So don't jump to conclusions there, please.

And I don't think Tin Tin was badly drawn, not at all, in fact.
They are efficient, expressive and really funny.

GR, and that was my point for a while that unnecessarily has been drawn out, is that technically I think the comic looks crap. There you go. Whatever the style they aimed for, it just looks poor to me, and just because they were going for a European comic book style, doesn't make it successful. To me anyways

ZeroAKA

That OP. Fucking. Epic. If there's something I can commend the God Eater series on, aside from gameplay and all, is how good their OPs are. The original's dubstep-y song that they used totally caught me off guard the first time I played it, and it was awesome. Although not as good as the original, this one is great too. Please Bamco. Pull the trigger, bring this beast over.
I'm sure GE2RB will be announced in the next wave of Bamco localizations along with Digimon Cyber Sleuth.

;_;

Hikami

Have to agree here, video definitely looks better.. still not a fan of the song.
The first game's opening is still amazing though.

Top Bottom