• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PlayStation Network Thread (Vita/PS4/PS3) | February 2015

VLiberty

Two months ago R&C movie was "super close" from being done yet we've got nothing about the game.

I want to see the damn game :/

TheSeks

Blinded by the luminous glory that is David Bowie's physical manifestation.
Near's apparently still going to be there, it'll just lose some of its location features.

...So how does that work? Uncharted boots up Near to check for items in a range/your PSN friend list. AFAIK you can't get those if the Near app is being deleted.

The Fetishes are the only ones that can't be found in-game now via the treasure stuff and are needed to finish "boosting" cards in Fight for Fortune.

Ubat3oQ.jpg

Ironclad Tactics - PS4

Ironclad Tactics is like those Plants vs. Zombies levels where there was a scrolling set of items that you can deploy instead of being able to pick the items you want to deploy - you know the levels everyone hated. Despite thinking you built yourself a great deck, the randomness of cards to deploy will cause you to lose. The timed turns makes it the worst of both worlds - not enough time to think through everything and lots of waiting around for the turn to increment. Initially it seems very deep but the differences in cards isn't that much and it just takes a bit of luck to beat the terrible AI. It is a good looking game and somebody spent some time on the story comic cut-scenes. If you ever wanted a unique Steampunk Plants vs. Zombies, this game might be for you.

7/10

SerTapTap

Finally getting a bit farther in Danganganaronapa, all I can say is I FUCKING KNEW IT *throws game in trash* *reluctantly picks game back out of trash and resumes playing*

SerTapTap

I just read the OP to confirm my inability to shut up in the top posters list. Are there other things in it besides my name and a number?

To add to the VitaGAF's fine tastes
(liking Mind Zero and Let's Fish wtf?)
, my favorite game to play right now is Valhalla Knights. In far I'm tempted to buy the GOLD version of the game despite my limited Nihonggo skills. Although now I'm playing it discreetly, and not in a public transportation.
```````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````
Stranger of the Sword City is HARD. Apparently Demon's Gaze didn't prepare me for this game. Meanwhile playing as Kirino beating Kirito in a battle of the lame ass anime characters is pretty satisfying.

VLiberty

I don't. If it's been this long without anything shown yet, it must be a mess.

The fact that they're already at least 2 months late at showing the game and that they said that the game couldn't be showed yet at PSX is worrying me as well, but I'm dying to see it.

But I'm hopeful since this is a relaunch of the series, I think they don't want to mess things up by rushing it.

Parakeetman

No one wants a throne you've been sitting on!
, my favorite game to play right now is Valhalla Knights. In far I'm tempted to buy the GOLD version of the game despite my limited Nihonggo skills. Although now I'm playing it discreetly, and not in a public transportation.
Stranger of the Sword City is HARD. Apparently Demon's Gaze didn't prepare me for this game. Meanwhile playing as Kirino beating Kirito in a battle of the lame ass anime characters is pretty satisfying.

yeah demon gaze is nothing in comparison to stranger. the game will fuck up anyone including our best dungeon crawler dorarnae lol

its why i do not exactly recommend the game to those new to the genre.

yeah demon gaze is nothing in comparison to stranger. the game will fuck up anyone including our best dungeon crawler doramae lol

its why i do not exactly recommend the game to those new to the genre.

Just my two cents though but my scenario with this game is like an S-M relationship. It's a pretty fresh take for me, as my ventures into the genre generally end up in a satisfying note. I really have to adjust to the game though, after several party wipeouts but the challenge just lures me back in. You can say that I'm a casual fan of the genre so I have some difficulties dealing with the game, but with the game starting to get me hooked, this might end up as my favorite purchase of the year.

I'll just wait for the macross SAO before settling with this game as my early GOTY.

I really hope Stranger of the Sword City gets localized, I know it just came out but I hope NISA picks it up.

I've been playing Demon Gaze and SMT IV and I need moar drpg's. I'm so happy that Operation Abyss is being localized, suddenly I'm a fan of EXP developed games.

Parakeetman

Just my two cents though but my scenario with this game is like an S-M relationship. It's a pretty fresh take for me, as my ventures into the genre generally end up in a satisfying note. I really have to adjust to the game though, after several party wipeouts but the challenge just lures me back in. You can say that I'm a casual fan of the genre so I have some difficulties dealing with the game, but with the game starting to get me hooked, this might end up as my favorite purchase of the year.

I'll just wait for the macross SAO before settling with this game as my early GOTY.

thats great that you are enjoying it since by far it is one of exp incs best titles. next to students of round due to it being more story focused. demon gaze is great for those who dont mind fanservice and are new to the genre. people who want a little more of a challenge and no fanservice but not go overboard like SoSC then Operation Abyss Id recommend. loot hunters will enjoy that title.

SoSC the art, atmosphere, story and music are fantastic. on top of how the class change system works allowing for pretty customized classes if one is willing to spend the time.

NISA lost the valuable NepNep license + Gust acquired by T-K, while the first EXP game they've published sold decently. Yeah this is speculation but I think they are going to release this outside Japan, seems a partnership with EXP is forming. And we all are going to be happy if this continues.
I don't want to sound like a rabid fanboy of the game but the game really has a nice aesthetic + a nice gameplay. It really is just a very challenging game for me, as a casual fan of the genre. It made me a bit paranoid, making me save everytime I leave for loot and just go back later if things went south. I'll check the game's OT later but I'll just sleep for now.

I don't know if I'll buy Operation Abyss later since I'll buy the supposedly hard game Firefly's diary + I'm itching for Natural Doctrine too so I have no time (+money) huntin' some monsters 3D.

Parakeetman

NISA lost the valuable NepNep license + Gust acquired by T-K, while the first EXP game they've published sold decently. Yeah this is speculation but I think they are going to release this outside Japan, seems a partnership with EXP is forming. And we all are going to be happy if this continues.

I don't want to sound like a rabid fanboy of the game but the game really has a nice aesthetic + a nice gameplay. It really is just a very challenging game for me, as a casual fan of the genre. It made me a bit paranoid, making me save everytime I leave for loot and just go back later if things went south. I'll check the game's OT later but I'll just sleep for now.

I don't know if I'll buy Operation Abyss later since I'll buy the supposedly hard game Firefly's diary + I'm itching for Natural Doctrine too so I have no time (+money) huntin' some monsters 3D.

the LE would be worth getting for the artbook and soundtrack. since it should be tge same as the jp one. which means too the box will be massive. gonna get one just to collect

RK128

The fact that they're already at least 2 months late at showing the game and that they said that the game couldn't be showed yet at PSX is worrying me as well, but I'm dying to see it.

But I'm hopeful since this is a relaunch of the series, I think they don't want to mess things up by rushing it.

My guess is that due to a majority of Insomniac working on Sunset Overdrive (granted, their is the Fuse and Into the Nexus teams but point still stands), most of their talent was ensuring that would be great :D.....which leads to Ratchet Reduxe not being shown off yet; it seems that the game isn't ready to be shown yet :(.

I know the PS4 is powerful and considering the amazing work they did on the PS3, Insomniac should have a easy time making the PS4 sing....but maybe they are having issues with it? That could explain why the game isn't shown off yet :l.

The most logical guess is that the game is coming out well after the film; this fall alongside Uncharted 4 and whatever else Sony has cooking up. That will ensure the game getting a lot of development time and that the PS4 has some huge first party games this fall :).

I think if that is the case, then we will see the game this E3 in demo form alongside Uncharted and other Sony games that are in the works :).

I have high hopes that the new Ratchet game will be great :D! So, lets see what happens in the coming months :); E3 isn't that far away (only four months) :D.

the LE would be worth getting for the artbook and soundtrack. since it should be tge same as the jp one. which means too the box will be massive. gonna get one just to collect
This is why I ignore your posts sometimes, I tend to buy stuffs that I have not planned for T_T
oh yeah firefly is more stressful than it is really hard and thats due to the controls. lol also one other section in particular but am sure you will know what it is when you play the game.
Looking back at shinriji (?) posts before about firefly's, it seems to be quite difficulty game. I'll try to train using super meat boy (ugh) and 1001 spikes.
I finally ordered Project Diva F 2nd.

Thanks for the laughs. recommend the kocchi muite baby dlc song. My favorite song from the project diva 2nd and extend games.

Parakeetman

oh yeah firefly is more stressful than it is really hard and thats due to the controls. lol also one other section in particular but am sure you will know what it is when you play the game.

Producer

This looks like a pedo's post LOL. recommend the kocchi muite baby dlc song. My favorite song from the project diva 2nd and extend games.

i hope we get some more PD 2nd songs like sound, a secret garden, marginal, etc

seriously, 2nd has the best track list of all the games.

i hope we get some more PD 2nd songs like sound, a secret garden, marginal, etc

seriously, 2nd has the best track list of all the games.

Personally, I like the PD extend's track list more. It's a bit more harder + a suicidal meiko song (if I heard it right).
```````````````````````````````````````````````````
Back to PSN, firefly's diary is my only purchase for February. March is an expensive month so I have to save for this month, flash sale be damned.

SerTapTap

I was gonna get F Second but Best Buy was out of stock online as always. GCU is a nice discount but they're crazy unreliable for anything not brand new/preorder. Not sure I want to spend even the full $30 on a rhythm game I'll play twice and never touch again like the others.

Flandy

Should I just watch the rest of Metal Gear Solid Peace Walker online? I don't feel like finishing this game. Got up to the part where Snake talks
to The Bosses AI/Robot or something

Parakeetman

This is why I ignore your posts sometimes, I tend to buy stuffs that I have not planned for T_T

Looking back at shinriji (?) posts before about firefly's, it seems to be quite difficulty game. I'll try to train using super meat boy (ugh) and 1001 spikes.

Thanks for the laughs. recommend the kocchi muite baby dlc song. My favorite song from the project diva 2nd and extend games.

Someone I know cleared the game and they said for the most part its the controls and some of the game design which make the title "hard" lol. Something like an actual stylus would be far better than trying to use your finger which gets in the way of the screen at times was another of his comments.

Game was highly praised for its soundtrack. Made the limited physical print version in Japan vanish quick and get a premium price. Its why I had no choice to get the US LE version on order. Had initially thought it was a digital only title so didnt bother to look for physical copy pre-orders lol.

bobawesome

You're in for a treat, game is awesome. Did you buy the PS3 or Vita version?

I went for the Vita version. These games feel right at home on handhelds. If it's even half as great as the first Project Diva I'll have a blast.

Amazing gif.

And you're in for a good time. Enjoy!

Haha, thank you. It'll give me a chance to take a break from Shinovi Versus for a while.

Cool, thanks for the recommendation. I'll be keeping my eye out for that one when I'm looking over the DLC.

this gif lol.
Have fun with it! It's a great game.

Glad to see a lot of you enjoyed that stupid gif, haha.

Thanks, I'll certainly try if the game doesn't kick my butt too hard.

Vylash

Finally getting a bit farther in Danganganaronapa, all I can say is I FUCKING KNEW IT *throws game in trash* *reluctantly picks game back out of trash and resumes playing*

welcome to Danganronpa

we're in this weird situation where NISA is so desperate for games that they'd probably localize a piece of toast so all bets are off, i'm honestly expecting them to announce Kancolle Kai this month, hopefully they start bringing over a few VNs

Top Bottom