• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PlayStation Network Thread (Vita/PS4/PS3) | February 2015

Shizuka

I think the biggest point to draw from NISA localizing Demon Gaze isn't that they've formed a relationship with EXP (even though that made them my #1 publisher), it's that they've formed a relationship with Kadokawa.

Natural Doctrine didn't do hot, but I'm sure NISA will bring the Love Live games and the future big games Kadokawa has been teasing.

TOTP: Buy Demon Gaze and Natural Doctrine.

Yasumi

Banned
I think the biggest point to draw from NISA localizing Demon Gaze isn't that they've formed a relationship with EXP (even though that made them my #1 publisher), it's that they've formed a relationship with Kadokawa.

Natural Doctrine didn't do hot, but I'm sure NISA will bring the Love Live games and the future big games Kadokawa has been teasing.

The fact that they also released the Global Edition in Japan seems like a good sign too, so soon after The Best release. Like Kadokawa was so impressed with NISA's efforts that it was worth releasing again. I think the only real differences were box art, English voices and text, and the Disgaea characters.

How was Natural Doctrine? It always looked interesting to me but I am worried once I get it I won't like it.

Shizuka

there's a select few who liked it, but honestly it's one of the worst games i ever played

At least I got the shiny limited edition:

nd_psvita-640x640.jpg

That I'll use once I stop my OCD of not using the items from my limited editions.

Parakeetman

No one wants a throne you've been sitting on!

Considering with how shit Natural Doctrine did domestically am sure Kadokawa gave more than a fair deal to NISA to get it out in the West.

Where as other more "popular" IP would be quite costly and Kadokawa sells to the highest bidder seeing how their titles are not set to a single Western publisher. Xseed, Arksys, Warner Bros. Interactive Entertainment (would rule them out for the general stuff NISA, Xseed and Arksys go for)

Its more NISA saw a niche title that asides from Atlus no one else really does in the US. Well there was Xseed also with the PS3 Wizardry and Aksys with Mind Zero but neither of those got the same type of attention Demon Gaze did, so they got lucky with their title choice.

If NISA wants to get their hands on "popular" titles am sure they will be going into a bidding war. As other localization companies will be looking to do the same thing. Will be interesting to see what happens with kancolle if they even release it in the West that is.

That and Kadokawa would already have had a relationship with the President of NISA Sohei Niikawa considering all the time hes been doing interviews for Dengeki magazine which is under Ascii Media Works = Kadokawa and such over the years. So it would not exactly have been hard for them to get in contact with the company waaaaaaaaaaaaaay ahead of Demon Gaze.

How was Natural Doctrine? It always looked interesting to me but I am worried once I get it I won't like it.

Dont bother if you were not seriously considering buying it. Since there are a lot of other better titles out there.

This is from someone that actually likes the game for what it is, but will say again there are other better titles out there.

Just go watch gameplay footage and make up your mind from that. Since if you dont like what you see or looks too "complex" then by all means skip it rather than having others convince you otherwise, which also includes what Im saying to you now.

autoduelist

If you like tactical games and don't mind learning a completely new combat system, it's fantastic. I don't play games for their story or graphics, so don't really care about those one way or the other. The combat system in ND is deep, and allows for extremely varied tactical decisions as you chain/link turns and develop a game plan that allows you to survive -- if you don't, the enemy will demolish you because it'll chain/link it's guys and kill anyone you extended to far. The MP, if you can get a game still [not sure] is solid, with a wide variety of team setups and some excellent players... but again, may be dead.

To add to the VitaGAF's fine tastes
(liking Mind Zero and Let's Fish wtf?)

Mind Zero has a solid, generally original combat system and is balanced well enough that it's grind free on 'hard' yet challenging when you enter a new dungeon. Subbosses/bosses actually create engaging, flowing battles where you're constantly weighing the risks/benefits of attacking vs. defending. Skills/specialties are completely up to me due to the card system, which is nice, but comes at the cost of never finding some cool 'fire sword +9'. Ultimately, I'll take an interesting combat system over the far too common attack/attack/attack/heal games any day. It's not without it's faults, but far better than it gets credit for. Again, note, I don't give a rat's ass what the story or art looks like (art seems fine to me). Dungeon design could be better, tho... it's just serviceable. The lack of finding cool weapons + the lack of classes (you make whoever whatever) does make the game feel a bit souless at times, but overall I'm enjoying my time with it.

Combat, for those that care, has 3 things going on -- technique points (allow special moves/spells), life points, magic points. You can be in human form (can attack, defend and charge up mp and tp, or use items) or demon form (you can attack or use skills/spells). While in demon form, getting hit takes mp not life points. Spells also cost life points and technique points... so you can only stay in demon form for so long until you need human form to charge up. However, being in human form puts your lp and thus life at risk... but lets you get in a position where you can attack later. It's really an interesting system. Not perfect, but for a new ip it does take more chances than most and ends up with something that works really well.

pariah164

Figured out where I was stuck in Oath in Felghana.

Remembered why I rage quit the game. :<

Fuck gaps I can't cross even with wind.

Shizuka

Figured out where I was stuck in Oath in Felghana.

Remembered why I rage quit the game. :<

Fuck gaps I can't cross even with wind.

Gameplay for Celceta is different from Oath, it's more similar to Seven. I think you'd still enjoy Celceta, even if you didn't like certain things about Oath.

I'm convinced that people read the OP once mostly for GotM results. JetSetRadio seems to have read it at least twice since he noticed me getting rid of the Tropico 5 listing.

I came back today to double check because I couldn't find anything about it anywhere else lol. Left disappointed. :(

Cool thread though, will keep an eye on this.

pariah164

Gameplay for Celceta is different from Oath, it's more similar to Seven. I think you'd still enjoy Celceta, even if you didn't like certain things about Oath.
Never played Seven. Still kinda leaning towards Ayesha, even if I dislike time limits.

Producer

Ayesha's time limites are awesome, way better than any of the Arland games. I'm finally enjoying an Atelier title without that.

you're going to love Shallie then, that game straight up removes time limits lol.

Its a shame, i love the time limit of the Arland trilogy, Dusk is still awesome though

antibolo

Banned
Woah Monoprice sells Monoprice-branded Vita 1000 cables at $1.32. And shipping to Canada is only like $3. I think we have a winner. Might as well order a bunch of them just in case.

bobohoro

Should I just watch the rest of Metal Gear Solid Peace Walker online? I don't feel like finishing this game. Got up to the part where Snake talks
to The Bosses AI/Robot or something

Just ignore the game outright. Forget about it. Deny its existence. It's not worth the effort to even look it up on youtube.

Takao

Banned
I get so confused when two people with avatars of the same character talk to each other.

stupid verendus avatar bet has me all confused

Woah Monoprice sells Monoprice-branded Vita 1000 cables at $1.32. And shipping to Canada is only like $3. I think we have a winner. Might as well order a bunch of them just in case.

I ordered three that arrived last week. All are working, even plugged directly into the brick. You need to give it a little push at first since the USB end of the cable doesn't have the grooves to fit in the brick. Otherwise, it's all good.

I really want to try an Atelier game, but they're all $40!!!! Sigh, do they ever go on sale? Maybe I'll just get Ayesha anyway.......

Koei Tecmo seems to discount the latest Ateliers fairly regularly, although be warned that they don't tend to discount the older Ateliers, so don't hold out expecting a deeper discount.

link pls, I like train wrecks

Two train wrecks for the price of one!

The US version is the one antibolo is (probably) referring to, but the pitchforks are being sharpened in the EU version, too.

Producer

i dont like censorship at all, but i wasnt going to buy the game regardless if it was censored or not.

dont really care for nisa's style of localization, so glad they dont have atelier anymore

Tohsaka

I wasn't going to buy the game at first because of the censorship, but I decided to order it anyway because I don't want to deny myself a game I'd otherwise enjoy just to spite NISA.

antibolo

Banned
Shouldn't have brought this up. Let's not get carried away with Criminal Girls discussion here guys, I really don't want to be the one blamed for getting this thread locked.

Shouldn't have brought this up. Let's not get carried away with Criminal Girls discussion here guys, I really don't want to be the one blamed for getting this thread locked.

We should probably ask if we can at least mention the game in here and post short impressons. It doesn't look like discussion will get out of hand if we confine it in here and leave out certain details, since most people seem tolerant enough to just ignore it. I don't really have any interest in buying it myself but I'm curious what other people in here think about it.

I truly think it'd be best to steer clear from talking about the game, not to be an ass or anything, we all saw what happened before to other threads. If you must talk about the game, use LINE I would say.

After playing the first episode of Telltale's GoT yesterday, I'm really looking forward to episode 2 tomorrow. Anyone else planning to play it?

im really not sure about that one.

i feel like not many people bought Ar nosurge last year :/

I was going to buy it, but I remember 100 other games releasing during that time frame. Also the Vita announcement in Japan didn't help, I would have rather played on that, and still hope to do so if they decide to bring it over.

Tohsaka

I already platinumed Ar nosurge on PS3, so I probably won't rebuy it. I really wish they had localized Ciel nosurge offline, I read the summaries before playing Ar, but it would still have been nice to actually be able to play it myself.

You guys think it's bad just having the game we shall not mention exist and such, I have to review the fucking thing and I don't even have a minuscule amount of interest in it. :/

Top Bottom