• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PlayStation Network Thread (Vita/PS4/PS3) | February 2015

bobawesome

Reviews for Criminal Girls are going to be an absolute riot, I can't wait to read them.

It looks pretty awful, even dismissing the punish-er... "motivation" minigames.

TotP: Buy Don't Die Dateless, Dummy!

B8bYgKOCcAAudj_.jpg:large

B8bYl6XCUAIIjb9.jpg:large

B8bYpuSCMAA9RZQ.jpg:large
...and reflect on the choices that brought you here.

Seraphis Cain

bad gameplay lol
Has anyone played enough Duke 3D Megaton Edition to tell me whether or not your equipment and stuff carries over from the end of the last "official" episode to the expansion stuff (like Duke it Out in D.C.)?

Reviews for Criminal Girls are going to be an absolute riot, I can't wait to read them.

Yeah, judging what someone from another forum who's also reviewing the game, it sounds like everything outside of the creepy shit is awful, and the people who are in it for said creepy shit won't buy it due to the edits.

I'm honestly not sure where the audience is.

Has anyone played enough Duke 3D Megaton Edition to tell me whether or not your equipment and stuff carries over from the end of the last "official" episode to the expansion stuff (like Duke it Out in D.C.)?

No, as with each of the regular episodes you start from scratch in each of the expansions.

They don't. When you finish all the main episodes, it sends you back to the main

EDIT: that's when you start the expansions. The first episodes you do carry your stuff

I Wanna Be The Guy

U-S-A! U-S-A! U-S-A!
It looks pretty awful, even dismissing the punish-er... "motivation" minigames.

TotP: Buy Don't Die Dateless, Dummy!

...and reflect on the choices that brought you here.

I demand to know where I can find this. It definitely can't be on Vita. I'd have noticed a game with that name hit the Vita store. PS Mobile?

Seraphis Cain

bad gameplay lol
They don't. When you finish all the main episodes, it sends you back to the main

EDIT: that's when you start the expansions. The first episodes you do carry your stuff

Okay, cool. I wanted to jump ahead and mess around in the expansions but I probably would have waited if my stuff carried over. Since it doesn't, I'll just jump in.

I Wanna Be The Guy

U-S-A! U-S-A! U-S-A!
Yep, PS Mobile. I was bored one night and decided to take a look around.
Well, I tried it out.

I.....kinda liked it. It ends too quickly though. Dammit, I demand to know why she doesn't want to sit near me. Did you actually buy the game? If so, what are your thoughts of he game post paywall?

SerTapTap

I got a video for Apotheon coming tomorrow 10 AM CST (rough embargo is "day of release"). Spoilers: It's sweet! Definitely check it out.

But also play Transistor. Love Transistor. Become Transistor.

My copy of Banned Game is probably going to be late because I waffled on ordering it until a couple days ago. Physical still hurts BTW :( but I needs it

Tohsaka

I probably won't get my copy tomorrow, because I doubt UPS will deliver due to the snow. This happened last week with Dying Light and Neptune, too. I ended up getting them two days late.

As an aside, more devs/publishers on PSN should do demos.

I hated how Codename S.T.E.A.M. on the 3DS looked. I'm playing the demo right now, and let me tell you it is actually a lot of fun, never expected it. A simple demo did a complete 180 on my opinion.

bobawesome

Well, I tried it out.

I.....kinda liked it. It ends too quickly though. Dammit, I demand to know why she doesn't want to sit near me. Did you actually buy the game? If so, what are your thoughts of he game post paywall?

No, but I was tempted to, I'll admit. You should pick it up and tell me your thoughts. :3

The more I read bad things about Criminal Girls, the more excited I am to play.

You are an enigma.
smiley face

I Wanna Be The Guy

U-S-A! U-S-A! U-S-A!
No, but I was tempted to, I'll admit. You should pick it up and tell me your thoughts. :3

You are an enigma.
smiley face
Yeah I don't think I'll be doing that lol. If it was less than a quid it might be in that impulse territory, but nah. Maybe I'll watch a full playthrough on youtube. Should provide a close enough experience to playing it.

Puru

Well it's definitly playable but i wouldn't recommend it either, like it wouldn't even pop inside my brain if you were mostly searching for some perverted game.

Combat system had it's charm and i really liked the OPR skills from one of the characters but really, don't expect much. Also the dungeons (or floors) are pretty much random corridors with barely any depths. I doubt it changed much from the PSP game.

As an aside, more devs/publishers on PSN should do demos.

I hated how Codename S.T.E.A.M. on the 3DS looked. I'm playing the demo right now, and let me tell you it is actually a lot of fun, never expected it. A simple demo did a complete 180 on my opinion.

I still don't understand why people have such low expecations for this game. It's from Intelligent Systems and it's a strategy game. There is literally no chance the game isn't amazing.

I still don't understand why people have such low expecations for this game. It's from Intelligent Systems and it's a strategy game. There is literally no chance the game isn't amazing.

I'm still not a big fan of how it looks, and the enemy turns take a bit too long for my liking (hoping for a fast forward button when the game drops) but I gotta admit, it's pretty good.

SerTapTap

sigh. why do game companies not want to work with Amazon and have Amazon-exclusives instead (why Gamestop why?!)

Gamestop pays for Gamestop exclusive crap, it's not like devs are like "well we can only afford to put this crap on one retailer, everyone likes Gamestop amirite?"

ZeroAKA

I have no doubt that the gameplay will be great, but I'm not a fan of the character designs at all. I'll probably skip it.

RK128

http://collective.square-enix.com/projects/90/tokyo-dark

This looks really, really, REALLY interesting. Also worth noting:

In case you want to see their actual website:

http://www.tokyodark.com/

That game looks really cool :D. Like the blend of adventure game-esc mechanics with the side-scrolling perspective :). The artstyle is really cool too. I hope the game gets funded and finds its way to the Vita; it is a great fit considering how great 2D games look/play on the Vita.

bobohoro

I have no doubt that the gameplay will be great, but I'm not a fan of the character designs at all. I'll probably skip it.

Yeah, feeling the same unfortunately. In fact, the whole presentation is turning me off after playing the demo, just really not my style, even if I can see the gameplay really going places.

incpdo

All this criminal girls talk. It cannot be worse than dekamori senran kagura.

Also abyss odyssey should be a vita game . played the demo on ps3( now that I have one) but looks and feels like a portable castlevania game with some unique touch.if you didn't try the demo . you should.

Grady

Not really sure where to post this, but i need help getting my last trophy in far cry 4. Co op vehicle takedown trophy. My ps4 name is "Killer__EgO" without the quotes and its 2 underscores. If anyone can help let me know!

autoduelist

There's more than a few reviews on the net for the import that really like the battle system. Some that give it hell for the other stuff, some that don't. I hadn't even looked at this game before a couple days ago (though it was a fighting game) and now I'm probably going to pick it up. Controversy always sells, I guess. Then again, I already have Conception 2 and Neptunia that were supposed to bridge from Mind Zero to Operation Abyss, so I don't really need to be buying anything... just have some amazon credit burning in my pocket (around $25 left with Operation Abyss and Uncharted 4 already covered).

Do these localizations generally drop in price fast or hold their value?

incpdo

Hey guys I'm new in the ps3 world just got it this week. I was wondering how can I deactivate one of the ps3 consoles related to a PS plus account. I have no access to that ps3 console is from a friend we don't see each other anymore. I understand there was an option before it said deactivate all systems and you could do it once every 6 months but I cannot find that option anymore neither on the website or the console. This PS account is from.another friend too we will share the account because he doesn't use too much the free games and I will. If I use his profile in my ps3 there is only the option to activate or deactivate my console but I cannot deactivate all systems so I can get into my friends account and my friend activates his console too. I'm confused.

That game looks really cool :D. Like the blend of adventure game-esc mechanics with the side-scrolling perspective :). The artstyle is really cool too. I hope the game gets funded and finds its way to the Vita; it is a great fit considering how great 2D games look/play on the Vita.

I liked it a lot too, hope that once they release it on kickstarter that it takes off and does well. VitaGaf must come to the rescue, this looks too good to be overlooked lol

there's a select few who liked it, but honestly it's one of the worst games i ever played

if you like really serious SRPGs, it's great. if you don't, it's trash.

Dont bother if you were not seriously considering buying it. Since there are a lot of other better titles out there.

This is from someone that actually likes the game for what it is, but will say again there are other better titles out there.

Just go watch gameplay footage and make up your mind from that. Since if you dont like what you see or looks too "complex" then by all means skip it rather than having others convince you otherwise, which also includes what Im saying to you now.

If you like tactical games and don't mind learning a completely new combat system, it's fantastic. I don't play games for their story or graphics, so don't really care about those one way or the other. The combat system in ND is deep, and allows for extremely varied tactical decisions as you chain/link turns and develop a game plan that allows you to survive -- if you don't, the enemy will demolish you because it'll chain/link it's guys and kill anyone you extended to far. The MP, if you can get a game still [not sure] is solid, with a wide variety of team setups and some excellent players... but again, may be dead.

Thanks guys. I do like SRPG, but I'm more of a story over gameplay person. It's just hard to watch someone play a game and see if I'd like it. I think I'll check it out from gamestop. If I don't like it I can a refund, though I have to make sure it's used.

antibolo

Banned
Hey guys I'm new in the ps3 world just got it this week. I was wondering how can I deactivate one of the ps3 consoles related to a PS plus account. I have no access to that ps3 console is from a friend we don't see each other anymore. I understand there was an option before it said deactivate all systems and you could do it once every 6 months but I cannot find that option anymore neither on the website or the console. This PS account is from.another friend too we will share the account because he doesn't use too much the free games and I will. If I use his profile in my ps3 there is only the option to activate or deactivate my console but I cannot deactivate all systems so I can get into my friends account and my friend activates his console too. I'm confused.

The "Deactivate All" button is in the "Account > Media and Devices" section of your SEN account management page (account.sonyentertainmentnetwork.com). It's the only way to remotely revoke an activation.

ryseing

Having very little experience with Telltale games but hearing lots of great things, I got myself Tales from the Borderlands and Game of Thrones to play tonight. Anyone play any of these and want to share their thoughts? Gonna be remote playing them on the Vita so I can lay down while watching/playing

Game of Thrones is good if you just let yourself play in the moment. Because when you take a second to really think about things, the game falls apart.

Edit- saw your new post. Yeah, I'll be getting it. Won't get around to it until later this week though because of school stuff.

I'll be skipping it because Ninty locked the best parts behind Amiibos.

SerTapTap

Didn't think I'd enjoy Neptunia Rebirth 2 this much having already played Mk2, but either they added just enough or I've forgotten just enough of the jokes. Lots of the Chirper quotes are great.

Anyway

Game of Thrones is good if you just let yourself play in the moment. Because when you take a second to really think about things, the game falls apart.

Edit- saw your new post. Yeah, I'll be getting it. Won't get around to it until later this week though because of school stuff.

I agree, I enjoyed it but this is no substitute to the actual thing. It is a really good tide over though, and a refresher for some of the character's names and motivations I guess.

Between this and Tales From the Borderlands, I'd have to say the latter won in my eyes, there were a bunch of moments that legit had me chuckling, also helps that the graphics although not too impressive, mimic the borderlands style, while GoT uses a mixture of hand painting with computer graphics. Sometimes it works in its favour, sometimes it doesn't. Nonetheless, both are awesome, can't wait to play GoT tomorrow, and TFtB whenever it drops.

Top Bottom